• Published 24th May 2022
  • 3,183 Views, 245 Comments

Avenging Nightmare - Bronze Inkwell



When Nightmare Moon is sent to the MCU, will she finally get what she has longed for?

  • ...
11
 245
 3,183

Avengers Assemble: Part 1

Nightmare and Fury bolted down the corridors of the Helicarrier, heading to Loki's cell. It has been a few minutes and already the medicine was taking effect. While she still has a minor headache, it was far less bothersome than before. The two rounded a corner, just in time to see Thor, who was trapped in the cell which had a massive splintering crack on one of the curvered panes, drop out of sight. The two were frozen in shock until they heard Coulson's weak voice.

"You're gonna lose."

"Am I?"

"Yes, you are." Nightmare said as she and Fury stepped into the room, Fury raising his pistol as Nightmare charged her horn. Loki just rolled his eyes.

"Please, as if the likes of you can-" Suddenly, there was a loud discharge of energy, and Loki was thrown through a thick metal wall. Fury looked at Nightmare who shook her head.

"That wasn't me." They look to Coulson who had an experimental rifle in his weak grasp. Fury took it away, careful not to touch the steaming barrel.

"He was getting on my nerves." Coulson gave out a chuckle which quickly turned into a hacking cough, blood spurting from his lips. Nightmare's eyes widened as she saw this, and then looked at the growing red stain on his suit. Tears began to well up in her eyes as she looked to Fury for help.

"Hey, stay awake. Eyes on me." Coulson shook his head, knowing his fate.

"No, I'm clocking out here."

"Not an option."

"It's okay boss, this was never going to work," Coulson took a deep breath to continue, "if they didn't have… something… to. . ." With that, Coulson's eyes fell as his body slowly went limp. Fury lowered his head, rage and sorrow filling his being.

"No, no no no no, NO! I won't lose anyone else!" Nightmare shouted as she shut her eyes, her tears turning into white glowing drops as her horn burned brighter and brighter. Magic began to seep into Coulson's body, but Fury couldn't see the changes. After several moments, Coulson's body began to glow. Then, he was gone. In his place, was a pony like Nightmare, but he lacked a horn. While there were a pair of wings, they were not the same as Nightmare's.

They were leathery like that of a bat's wings. His coat was a light grey color and his mane and tail were kept a medium brown. Fury was shocked, and from the looks of it, so was Nightmare as she opened her eyes to see what she had done. The thestral slowly opened its eyes, as if it was the first time it had even opened them. "Ugh, I feel like I was hit by a truck." The stallion said in Coulson's voice.

"Oh you were hit by more than just that." Fury said as she looked at Nightmare's smoking horn. Coulson tried to stand but like a newborn foal, he couldn't and let out an 'oof' as he fell back down. "Easy there, and try to stay calm." Coulson was confused until he was able to fully open his eyes. The first thing he saw was his short muzzle, then his hooves. Slowly two and two came together.

"Sir… did she…"

"Yep."

"... At least I'm not dead. Still want Captain America to sign my cards." Coulson muttered out that last part as he tried to stand once more. Nightmare was by his side instantly, the instincts she had gained from ruling coming back at that moment.

"It's alright my little pony, take it slow." Coulson paused, and looked at her oddly. Nightmare realized what she said and blushed. "Sorry, old habit. Though, technically you are a little pony to me and Fury." Fury gave a quiet snort as Coulson gave her as much of a deadpanned look as he could make at that moment. With her help, Coulson was able to get to his hooves. "Seeing as you are used to your bipedal stance, it will take some time to learn how to walk, much less stand, like a pony." Nightmare then turned to Fury. "You should keep this need to know only. As far as anyone is concerned, Coulson is dead. Until we can find a way to explain this, his existence might harm my public image."

Fury nodded, knowing he didn't want people freaking out over a nonexistent invasion of pony body snatchers. "You're right. Sorry Coulson, but it's time to disappear." Coulson nodded sadly, knowing the date Tony was trying to help set him up with was now out the window. Heck, he didn't even know if his date would have been okay dating outside her own species! Speaking of which. Coulson looked underneath him and blushed.

'Well, at least one good thing came out of this. Though the only woman who can take that will be a size queen.' Coulson thought as he looked at his sack that was somehow perfectly hidden from behind by his new tail. While still in his new sheath, he could tell from his increased testicle size that his output has been drastically increased. Nightmare noticed his staring and lightly shook him. His head shot up, his face covered in a blush from being caught.

"Males." She giggled as Fury, Nightmare and the transformed Coulson walked out of the cell and towards the med-bay, Fury making sure anyone ahead of them didn't see Coulson. Eventually they got to the med-bay without incident, left him with a doctor who was sworn to secrecy, and made their way back to the bridge. The two were silent until Nightmare spoke up. "What shall we tell the others?" Fury was silent until he looked down at her.

"He's dead. Loki threw him off the ship after stabbing him through the chest. He then used an illusion to escape." Nightmare nodded, and put on her 'princess mask'. Fury did the same, putting on a solemn but resolute mask that not even Black Widow could have seen past. "We need to make it more impactful." Fury added, knowing that just, Coulson's 'death', would not be enough.

"What did you have in mind?" Nightmare asked.

"Go back to his clothes, dispose of them. Then teleport back to me. I have to get some things." Nightmare nodded, and the two went separate ways. Nightmare wondered what Fury was retrieving but didn't dwell on it.


When Nightmare returned to Fury, she saw Tony storm out of the bridge, with Steve following not long afterwards. Nightmare peered at the table, and grimaced. A few cards featuring Steve in his trademark suit were splattered in what seemed to be blood. "Grim, but effective." Nightmare whispered to Fury. Fury nodded, and returned to his place in the center of the bridge. "I give it less than half an hour." She says, and Fury chuckles.

"You know where they're going before they do?" Nightmare nods.

"A city, I think Agent Barton called it New York? They will open the portal there." Fury frowned at that information.

"Helmsman, set a course for New York. Hill, get everyone to battle stations and those that know how to fly a jet ready to do so." With their orders given, they went to work. "They'll need your help." Fury says after a few minutes of silence. Nightmare looked up at him, curious.

"But what about keeping me a secret from the general public?"

"A lot of people know about Thor, social media spreads everything like a wildfire. After this, a whole city will know that aliens exist, and they aren't all friendly. I don't fully know what you're capable of or what your intentions are, but I know you don't want innocent lives to get hurt. And that's enough for now. If we somehow save the day, maybe you can act as a diplomat for your species. When or if you find a way home, I know you will want a way to come back here."

"A bridge between our worlds." Nightmare offered. Fury nodded in confirmation as he crossed his arms behind his back.

"I believe we will both have a better chance at defending our worlds if we work together. This will definitely not be the last time aliens find interest or some madman wants to take over the Earth. Your help would be greatly appreciated. I don't have any grand illusions, but I think we could have a more prosperous future." Nightmare smiles, and stands on her hind legs, wrapping Fury in a hug. Fury was surprised, not expecting that at all.

"I believe that as well." Nightmare whispered, before stepping away. With a flash of her horn, she was gone.

"Sir?" Hill asked, Fury still a bit stunned.

"Let her be. We'll need all the help we can get. Just make sure none of our pilots accidentally target her." Hill nodded, and continued to give her orders. Fury faintly smelled something, before sniffing his black trench coat. "Nightshade, why am I not surprised." Fury lightly chuckled before looking solemnly at the horizon outside the front of the Helicarrier. New York could be seen slowly growing bigger. A minute later, there was an alert as he could see Iron Man, Nightmare, and a Quinjet fly off towards New York.

"We have an unauthorized departure from Bay Six!" Fury nodded, before turning away to get ready himself.


Earlier


"Son, just don't." Captain America said as he, Black Widow, and Hawkeye board the Quinjet. The engineer simply steps off the aircraft, not wanting to pick a fight between two assassins and a super soldier. As the three strap in and prepare for take off, there was a flash of light and they turned their heads to see Nightmare Moon standing at the entrance to the Quinjet.

"Aww, don't tell me you were leaving to party without me?" She asked with a smirk. Black Widow grinned, liking the sass.

"You can fight?" Captain America asked, skeptical.

"I've fought for my country many times, griffons, diamond dogs, even dragons." Her horn glowed, and suddenly a long scythe appeared next to her as well as more armor covering her body. The blade's end was shaped like a crescent moon, and looked deadly to the touch. Even the barest hint of light made it gleam like it was a piece of the moon. "I'm not some princess playing tough girl. I, am a nightmare." Her eyes flashed white, and all of them felt a shiver of fear run through them.

"Uh, you have no complaints from me." Hawkeye said, not sure how to feel after that little display.

"I shall fly with you, hopefully we will not have to see conflict this day." Nightmare said as she stepped away from the entrance. All was quiet as Hawkeye and Widow continued to start the Quinjet.

"I don't care what any of you say, that was hot." Widow said, making the two men turn to her in shock. "What? She may be another species but at least she isn't some animal." Hawkeye wanted to interject, but knew that once Widow set her mind on something, she wouldn't stop till she got it. After a little while the four were off to New York City.

Author's Note:

Yes, I am shipping Nightmare and Widow, sue me.

Also, post your ideas for what Coulson's Thestral name should be.