• Published 24th May 2022
  • 3,134 Views, 245 Comments

Avenging Nightmare - Bronze Inkwell



When Nightmare Moon is sent to the MCU, will she finally get what she has longed for?

  • ...
11
 245
 3,134

Post Credits Scene

Heimdall gazed out into the nigh infinite cosmos of the nine realms, standing guard as Asgard's first line of defense at the end of the rainbow bridge where the machine that was used to summon the Bifrost once was. Already though he could see two individuals coming back to Asgard, and stepped aside. He did so just in time as two forms made of blue light quickly took shape into that of Thor and Loki Odinson. Thor looked over to Heimdall, and the two shared a nod. "I shall alert your father of your return. As well as tell him you wish to speak with him about that new friend of yours." Heimdall said. Thor wasn't all that shocked that Heimdall knew of Nightmare.

It was Heimdall after all that had alerted Thor and Odin of Loki's schemes after all. So it wasn't too far a stretch to guess he would also know of Nightmare. "A curious individual, is she not my friend?"

"Indeed she is. And most definitely not of that world. Only your father might know of where she hails, for I do not. Unless…" Heimdall trailed off, gazing into a part of space he could not see, even with all his will to do so.

"You mean she might come from that void which escapes even your sight? But you told me it might have been what the people of Earth call a 'Black hole'. Nothing should be there."

"And if it wasn't… There are mystical forces at play here Thor. Ones that no one knows about. Be wary of your new companion. She might bring more trouble than she is worth." Thor nodded, wondering what the future concerning Nightmare may hold.


After locking away Loki, Thor walked by Odin's side, retelling the events of New York and his most recent time on planet Earth. "I see… and what of this Ms. Moon you speak so highly of? Do you think she can be trusted?"

"I am… unsure father. On one hand she seems like a capable warrior in her own right, both her physical and mystical might almost nigh on par with mine and Loki's combined. She might have even been a challenge for you during your prime." Odin chuckles, knowing his son still admires those with immense strength.

"I see. But?..."

"I know next to nothing of her upbringing, what brought her to Earth. Her past is an enigma to me. Some of my other new friends know far more about her than I. But I do believe she is now trying to do what she believes is right." Odin nodded to his son's observations.

"Hmm. This individual seems quite an enigma, doesn't she?... I shall think on helping her return to her home. Perhaps her being on Earth is something we shouldn't interfere with yet my son." Thor was a bit disappointed he wouldn't get to help Nightmare, but understood his father had reasons beyond which many are unable to understand.

Thor nodded to his father, and they continued to walk together in contemplative silence. "Father… Do you think her dangerous?" Thor asked genuinely, for he was a bit unsure himself.

Odin was silent for a bit more, before nodding. "Yes. Any being with the amount of power and knowledge as you have described is certainly cause for some kind of concern. For any being she considers her enemy. We are quite fortunate that Loki hadn't tried to corrupt her, and this 'Furious Nick' was kind enough to save her." Thor simply nodded, agreeing that they had indeed gotten lucky.


The Ancient One watched as the black Alicorn conversed with Nicolas Fury. Mordo watched with her, concerned. "I still think this a bad idea. She is exposing them to magic, something they do not respect."

"They would have learned of it one way or another Mordo. And that is something we can not stop or change. This individual however… she is strong, of mind, body, and will. Fury has formed a bond with her, which is something she will take to the grave unless either does something to disturb that bond. We shall leave her undisturbed for now. That is an order." Mordo knew The Ancient One was clairvoyant, but sometimes it still spooked him. He bowed, then walked away, leaving her to her thoughts.

Once she knew she was alone, the Ancient One continued to speak to herself. "Perhaps she can even help you, Steven. When the time is right." Using some magic, she once again looked to her future, and saw it unchanged. She would still die on that balcony, talking to Steven. However… the image flickered, then became steady once more. "Even fate bends and creaks around her… intriguing indeed."

Author's Note:

Just a short little addition to the end, as all MCU movies do and have done. Hope you all like it. What shall come next for this universe? We shall see, won't we? Once more this has been Bronze Inkwell, and I hope you've enjoyed.

Comments ( 17 )

I need a sequel!!!

And there will be. I'm just having trouble deciding what movie I should go with. Iron Man 3 doesn't make much sense. Thor: The Dark World does. Captain America: The Winter Soldier, maybe? It's a hard choice.

looking at MCU as a whole. loki's action doesn't make any sense. he's a villain that was turned into good guy because he's too popular to be left as a thanos' fodder. loki the tv series is literally blatantly retcon without actually retcon.

i hope you go this route regarding how the mind stone operate.
https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/39170/age-of-charon
read both chapter 46 and 49 will make you understand what i mean.

and my idea regarding the elements of harmony. how to keep them powerful yet still kept the cannon backstory fully intact.starswirl try to create a clone of infinity stone with the pillars as concept templates. result in an inferior that only have ability to either purified, banished, or sealed. and required host/hosts that embodied all of element's concepts
.

WHAT, no Shawarma?

11488335
Nope, Iron Man only suggested it after he came back from throwing the nuke. Since he didn't do it, he never suggested it, so no Shawarma.

Very much so! Thanks for the entertainment!!

11488043
Thor 2 i think is best choice. I'm looking forward to your depiction of this film.

11488043
honestly thor the dark world would be a good choice for Moonie to intervene since it would show Moonie the results of eternal night even though you've steered away from it this would cover the bases

Loved this! :pinkiehappy: can’t wait for the sequel! :twilightsmile:

11488043
Captain America: The Winter Soldier would be over in 10 minutes if she was there. Thor: The Dark World makes more sense. Can't wait to see her spar with Thor and maybe even Odin. Also, she'd definitely exchange magical knowledge with Frigga.

11585773
That is in our folklore, this is the MCU. Keep your continuities straight my guy.

Comment posted by Spritelover69420 deleted Sep 16th, 2023

11585773
It's not Loki's proudest moment

11775477
please ignore this guy, he's just a standard internet troll

11808291
*Jokingly* Don't think I already know that? Doesn't even provide what he doesn't like or any constructive criticism.

Login or register to comment