• Published 19th May 2022
  • 190 Views, 2 Comments

Rare Pair One-Shots - wileytwily



A jumble of stories focused on ships that aren’t quite as common as the next.

  • ...
 2
 190

Sunburst x Party Favor

Party Favor nearly gallops into Sunburst’s study room, tripping on a few books on the way in. He slammed on the ground in the middle of some scrolls and parchment paper. The sound startles Sunburst. He yipes out of fear and nearly throws the book he was just reading. He got to his hooves and ran over to meet the light-blue stallion laying on the floor. “What is it? What happened?” Sunburst frantically cried, looking around the room. With Sunburst’s paranoia, it could’ve been anything from a house fire to another changeling invasion (even though they’ve reformed.)
“Nothin’! I just missed you!” Party Favor gleamed, looking up to Sunburst as an open book fell flat onto his head. Sunburst sighed out of relief and helped Party Favor get up, giving him a hug. “Come here, you big lug.” Sunburst muttered playfully. This was an often occurrence between the two, but it didn’t make Sunburst love Party Favor any less. Party Favor happily hugged back before their embrace was quickly interrupted by a sneeze.

“Ahh- choo!”

“Woah!” Party Favor exclaimed out of surprise. “Are you okay?”
Sunburst sniffled and wiped his snout. “Perfectly fine. It’s just a tad bit dusty in here.”
Party Favor looked around and noticed the room had recently been tidied up.

“Hmmm.” Party Favor thought. He knew Sunburst often ignored his own health to work on his studies. Heck, one time Sunburst refused to rest when he had the flu so he could keep his ‘flow’ going. And so, he grabbed him by his cloak and put his hoof on Sunburst’s forehead, checking his temperature.
“Uh- Party Favor, may I ask what you’re doing?” Sunburst confusedly looked up to the hoof placed just below his horn.
Before Party Favor could dignify a response, he gasped loudly. “You have a fever!!!”
“Oh, please. I’m sure it’s not that bad.” Sunburst insisted, then sneezed again. “Just dusty.” he repeated as he pushed up his glasses.

“Nuh-uh, mister! You’re laying down.” Party Favor insisted, pushing Sunburst out of his study room and into the living room, much to the reluctance of Sunburst.
“Please, Party Favor. I appreciate the stress, but I’m-“ before Sunburst could finish his sentence, Party Favor whipped up a small balloon-bed for him to rest on and Sunburst slowly lied upon it. “What else can I do for you?” he asked, looking down at him with worrisome eyes but a loving smile.

Sunburst sighed and smiled. I suppose I’m not getting out of this one., he thought. He knew how persistent Party Favor could be when it came to these kinds of things. Deep down, he was grateful he was being taken care of— but was too stubborn to admit it.
Sunburst sniffled and realized his snout was stuffed up as well. “Well, if it’s no trouble, I could use some tea…”
“Got it!” Party Favor shouted almost immediately before running out of the room to go make it.

Sunburst looked at where he was. Instead of studying Olde Ponish, he was sitting on a pink balloon bed and waiting for tea from his special somepony.
I’m so lucky. Sunburst thought to himself, smiling. As he lay, he realized he actually was feeling quite sick, but was too shy and/or stubborn to admit it by now.

As Sunburst was lost in thought, Party Favor seemed to appear out of nowhere. “Here’s your tea! It’s your favorite! Green tea with hints of lavender scent.” The tea was also served in a balloon cup, something Sunburst was used to by now.
Sunburst found himself struggling to sit up, either due to feeling weak or the bounciness of the balloon-bed but, he eventually sat up and took the tea with his magic, taking a sip and sighing happily.
“That hits the spot. Thanks, Party Favor.”

He takes a look at Party Favor’s balloon cup, spinning it around and watches how the steam rises from the cup.
“You really gotta tell me the logistics of how you can do this ‘kinda stuff!” Sunburst giggled. “I can’t even understand it.”
Party Favor smiled and sat next to him on the balloon bed. The bed squished under his weight and pushed them together, neither of them minded, though.

“It’s not too hard. Once I got out of Starlight’s village, I started relearning and learning new techniques! Now I’m even more advanced than before.” Party Favor humbly bragged and put his hoof around Sunburst. “Like you and magic! Always getting better.”
Sunburst smiled endearingly.
“Plus, you’re the only one that gets to see all of my advanced studies first-hoof!” Party Favor declared.
Sunburst blushed softly and kissed Party Favor. “I can’t thank you enough for the way you’re treating me. Though, I can’t help shake the feeling that I don’t deserve any of it.” Sunburst lamented, looking down at his tea.
“What??? Of course you deserve it! Why wouldn’t you?” Party Favor replied worriedly.

“I’ve usually always been by myself most of the time, and I guess I got used to that.” Sunburst explained. “I’m not really used to somepony offering to help me out.” There was a small pause. “But, if I ever seem unappreciative of what you do for me, I’m really not!” Sunburst quickly added. “I love you so much. I mean it, Party Favor.”

Party Favor hugged Sunburst tightly, kissing him all over his face. Sunburst laughed and playfully told him to stop, even though he enjoys it.
“I always know you’re appreciative. I promise! Plus, I love you too.” Their snouts touched and then, at that moment, the balloon bed popped, slowly laying them onto the floor as it deflated.
They both laughed out of the suddenness of it. “Forgot to mention, my balloon bed is only suited for one pony.” Party Favor shyly admitted, rubbing the back of his head.

Sunburst leaned against him, smiling. “I feel much better now.”
“Oh, really? That’s great! Do you wanna go back to your books ‘n stuff?” Party Favor asks, still having his hoof wrapped around Sunburst.
Sunburst looked up to Party Favor, then back to his studies. He couldn’t ignore how sweet Party Favor was being, and smiled, kissing him on the cheek.
“No, I’m fine here.” Sunburst said, and lied on the floor with the crumpled balloon residue.
“So am I.” Party Favor happily replied, and leaned against him.

All of a sudden, Party Favor sneezed.