• ...
10
 325
 2,698

The First Line of Defense? The Giant Whale Laboon Appears!

While the ship was going down the current, the ninjas and straw hat pirates were sharing adventures that they had.

"I'm glad that Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Wolflood and Rena were around, because otherwise, Kuro would've killed Kaya." Usopp remembered, unintentionally making Sonata screamed in terror as she leapt all the way up into the crow's nest.

"K-K-K-K-Kuro?! Where?!" Sonata shivered in absolute fear and trauma.

"Don't worry. Luffy beat the crap out of him." Usopp said with a laugh.

"Ix-nay on uro-Kay. Sonata’s been traumatized by him." Adagio informed.

"Got it." Usopp understood with a nod as Luffy scowled at the name of Kuro.

"I really hate that guy." Luffy growled.

"Yeah, he also beat Don Krieg as well." Sanji agreed with a nod.

"And Buggy." Zoro added with a nod before everyone noticed smoke coming out of Aria’s ears while she was gritting her teeth in anger.

"Please guys, don't mention Buggy." Adagio urged.

"I guess you don't like that guy." Luffy assumed with a laugh.

“If I see him again, I’ll punch that fake red shnozz and shove it down his throat!” Aria growled.

"You do know that his nose is real, right?" Zoro pointed out with a chuckle.

“Well, I think that’ll make it all the more satisfying!” Aria responded with a dark smile, scaring her sisters and friends.

“Oh, right. Almost forgot that Alvida lady.” Luffy remembered.

"Heh. How's the fatty doing these days?" Adagio asked.

"Well, she's not fat anymore since she ate a devil fruit." Luffy answered, surprising Adagio.

"I think she said it was the Smooth-Smooth Fruit." Usopp remembered.

"I guess that makes sense, that means she'll be as slippery as an eel the next time we see her, literally." Adagio noted.

While they were descending, they passed through the clouds, before hearing a loud groaning sound.

“Did you guys just hear something?” Zoro asked.

“Funny. Because I heard someone say something.” Fluttershy noticed.

“Huh? What’s that?” Nami asked.

“That groaning sound, didn’t you hear it?” Zoro clearified.

"It was probably just the wind. At this speed, everything sounds distorted." Nami yelled over the noise.

But then that groaning noise came back as a shadow appeared in the clouds.

“What was that?” Usopp wondered as he looked ahead from the Crow's Nest before spotting something. "Guys, I see a mountain up ahead!"

"What?! But up ahead there should be nothing but ocean!" Nami said in surprise.

"But it's right there!" Usopp argued with a shake of his head.

"WHO CARES! GO!" Luffy declared as he held onto the headpiece.

But when the ship exited the clouds, the pirates and ninjas saw a gigantic wall, much to everyone’s shock as they screamed in horror.

"It's a black wall!" Luffy screamed.

"No it's not!" Nami responded as she shook her head.

"What is it then?!" Donnie asked.

"It's a whale! One as big as a mountain!!!" Usopp screamed.

"I've never seen a whale so big! It's bigger than even a blue whale!” Fluttershy said in awe.

“No way! I-I-It’s an Island Whale!” Adagio realized.

"Those things are supposed to only be found in the West Blue! Not here!" Sonata noticed.

"Should we fight?" Luffy asked.

"Idiot! How are we supposed to fight a thousand-ton island whale?!" Aria responded in anger.

"Calm down! If this creature looks like a giant wall to us, we must be a speck!" Sanji informed.

"That’s right! It's highly possible that this thing isn’t even aware that we're here!" Nami noticed.

“We’ll run right into it unless we change course!” Zoro added.

“You guys can dodge by going left!” A male voice advised as everyone looked high, seeing a human/crow hybrid.

“Croven!” Nami said with a smile.

“You heard Croven! Hard to port!” Zoro ordered.

“The rudder’s broken!” Usopp pointed out.

“Well, we gotta do something!” Casey said as the guys except Luffy rushed to help Usopp move the rudder.

“Wait! I know! This’ll work! It has too!” Luffy urged as he rushed into a room in the front.

“Luffy, where are you going?!” Nami asked as the guys tried to get the ship to turn, but nothing seems to work. "Is this the end?"

Suddenly, and explosion from the front rocks the ship and slows it down, revealed to be a cannonball shot by Luffy, which exploded on the whale. “A CANNON?!?!?!” Everyone except Luffy gasped in utter shock.

“Hehehehehehe. Done.” Luffy chuckled.

“How would Luffy do that?! Even I’m not that loco in the coco!” Pinkie admitted as the explosion from the cannon caused the ship to slow down. But when they collided with the whale, it knocked the figurehead off.

“Gah… That’s it. We’re screwed. This is it.” Nami dreaded in defeat as the figurehead landed on the deck, much to Luffy’s horror.

“GAH! Hey! That was my special seat!” Luffy screamed as everyone else stared at the whale in suspense. When it didn't do anything, Zoro, Aria, Raph and Rainbow Dash gulped in fear.

“Damn! Let's get outta here before it’s too late!" Zoro ordered as everyone except Nami and Luffy started rowing the boat.

"Can someone explain to me what just happened!?" Raph asked.

"It's so big that the cannonball didn't even make it flinch! That or his reaction time is really slow!" Sanji responded.

“At least we’re alive! That’s the only thing that counts right now!” Karai said before the whale howled again as Croven landed on the ship while Fluttershy used her magic to understand the whale.

“Rumbar?” Fluttershy wondered as everyone else was in agony, their ears hurting from the howling. Then, once it stopped, they saw Luffy standing in front of the deck, in front of the Whale's eye.

“Luffy?” Nami asked

“You think you can break my special seat and get away with it?! Take this!” Luffy roared as he punched the whale right in the eye, much to everyone else’s shock and horror.

“YOU MORON!!!” Everyone else sobbed as they gained fearful tears in their eyes. At first, nothing happened, but then the Whale's eye moved, looking straight at them, causing everyone to scream in terror.

“I’m not through with you! There’s a lot more where that ca-!” Luffy started to say before Zoro, Usopp, Raph, Rainbow Dash, Aria, both Spikes and Wolflood kicked Luffy away.

“Shut up before you kill us!!!” Usopp, Rainbow Dash, Aria, both Spikes, Wolflood, Raph and Zoro yelled with angry red tick marks on their heads, before the whale then gave a mighty bellow, and as it opened its mouth, the waves began to drag them in.

"Please… No…" Nami whimpered as the ship began to enter the Whale's mouth, but Luffy fell off the ship. But he stretched his arms and grabbed a tooth and began to climb to the top of the Whale's head as Princess Twilight tried to follow Luffy by teleporting herself, Leo, Sunset, Sci-Twi and Adagio to the top of the whale, right when the whale closed its mouth.

Luffy sat there with a shocked face. "Not good. My friends got eaten.....GRRRRRRRR!!!!" Luffy growled as he began stomping on the Whale's head. "LET THEM OUT, YOU WHALE! MY FRIENDS ARE NOT FOOD!!!!! GRRRRR....LISTEN! MY FRIENDS AND I ARE ON AN ADVENTURE! I CAN'T LOSE THEM!" Luffy roared before the whale started to submerge.

"Luffy! There's a hatch on the whale!" Sunset called out.

"Huh?" Luffy uttered.

"What?!" Both Twilights asked in shock.

"You're kidding, right?" Leo added.

"No, she's not! Look!" Adagio pointed out as they indeed saw the hatch that was on the whale.

"Climb inside! Captain's orders!" Luffy ordered as he opened the hatch and jumped inside.

"Right!" Leo, Sunset, Twilights and Adagio responded, the five of them jumped inside, as Leo closed the hatch before the whale completely submerged and splashed the water with its tail.

Meanwhile...

"So... What do you think?" Nami asked.

"Beats me." Croven shrugged.

"I don't know what to think." Zoro responded.

"Is this even real?" Sanji wondered as Usopp simply stammered and stuttered. "Because I know exactly what I saw and what I felt. We were swallowed by the whale."

"You're telling me." Wolflood deadpanned.

"What the..." Rena uttered while the ninjas' jaws simply dropped in shock as they saw a small island with a house with them surrounded by sky.

"This shouldn't be possible!" Donnie mumbled to himself.

"Is this a dream?" Usopp asked.

"You're probably not wrong about that." Rainbow Dash admitted.

"Then what’s with this island and the house?" Nami added.

"Illusions?" Shini guessed before a colossal-sized squid emerged from the water.

"Whoa! That looks like…" Sonata realized before...

"A GREAT KING SQUID!!!" Nami and Usopp screamed, panicking as the others prepared for battle while Fluttershy nervously seemed like going through this encounter peacefully. But before anyone could do anything, three massive harpoons shot from the house and through the squid, killing it instantly as it fell backwards into the liquid.

"Looks like someone’s home." Zoro noted.

"Let’s hope it’s a person." Sanji added.

"That makes two of us." Applejack agreed.

"I’ve had it! Let’s go!" Nami whimpered.

"Giant squids, guys with harpoons. And where is Luffy?" Usopp asked.

"Yeah. Where is he?" Nami agreed.

"You know darlings, I have the strangest feeling that Princess Twilight, our Twilight, Sunset, Adagio and Leo are with him." Rarity wondered, while the aforementioned ninjas with Luffy found themselves in a metallic hallway.

"Uh... What?... I don't know much about whales, but since when do they have doors and lighted hallways?" Luffy asked as the five ninjas simply had a bead of sweat on the back of their heads.

"Since never." Leo, both Twilights, Sunset and Adagio simply answered as they started making their way.

Meanwhile in the Whale's stomach, a mysterious figure appeared at the house’s door.

"A ship?" The man wondered.

"Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa! We should fire our cannon there! Now!" Usopp declared.

"Hold it. There's someone there." Raph pointed out.

"But is it friend, or foe?" Karai added as the mysterious figure pulled in the harpoons before showing himself, walking out of the house, much to everyone else’s surprise.

"It’s a…" Sanji uttered.

"Flower." Zoro finished.

"No it’s… A person." Sanji corrected as the man they saw indeed looked like a flower while he was pulling in the anchors. He then started walking while staring at the pirates and ninjas, with Sanji, Applejack and Casey staring back at him, before he took a seat on a lawn chair outside the house and began reading a newspaper.

"YOU GONNA SAY ANYTHING?!?!?!" Sanji, Applejack and Casey asked.

"Hey! You wanna fight, we’ll fight! We got cannons back here, you bastard!" Usopp warned.

(0:33-0:43)

"You try it, and someone’s going to die." The man threatened, scaring Nami, Usopp, Mikey, Fluttershy and Rena stiff.

"Yeah? And who’s that?" Sanji assumed.

"Me, of course." The man simply answered, angering Sanji, Applejack and Casey.

"‘SCUSE ME?!?!?!?!?! Why you…!!!" Sanji, Applejack and Casey growled before they were held back by Zoro, Rainbow Dash and Raph.

“Ease up there.” Zoro said.

"Little bastard's mocking us!" Sanji seethed as Zoro, Rainbow Dash and Raph walked forward.

"There’s a couple things we need to know." Zoro said.

"First being, where are we?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"And second, who are you?" Raph added.

(0:33-0:43)

"You got some nerve. It's only polite to introduce yourselves before asking a question to a person you just met." The man responded.

"Alright, fair enough. I’ll go first. My name is… Uh..." Zoro started but trailed off when the man interrupted.

"If you must know, my name is Crocus and I’m the lighthouse keeper of the twin capes. I’m 71 and a half years old, Gemini. I also happen to be a blood type AB." Crocus introduced himself, now angering Zoro, Rainbow Dash and Raph.

"I’ll kill him! I swear!" Zoro, Rainbow and Raph hissed as they were held back by Sanji, Applejack and Casey this time.

"Calm down." Sanji said.

"You ask me what place we are in, but your rude behavior leaves me disinclined to answer your request except that you are trespassing on my private resort. Besides, I think the answer is obvious seeing as how you were eaten!" Crocus informed.

"So you’re saying that we were swallowed by the whale!" Usopp dreaded.

"But can you tell us why there are clouds in a whale’s stomach?!" Croven asked.

"Wait a minute! If we’ve been eaten, what’s gonna happen to us?! I don’t wanna be digested!" Nami panicked.

(0:33-0:43)

"STOP DOING THAT!!!" The pirates and ninjas except Pinkie shouted.

"What’s the matter? Haven’t you ever heard of a running gag?" Crocus asked.

"I have, and that was a scary, yet good one!" Pinkie answered.

"THAT WAS A GAG?!" The rest of the pirates and ninjas asked, dumbfounded and angered by that.

"The exit is over there." Crocus said as everyone saw a steel double-door.

"WE CAN GET OUT?!" The pirates and ninjas asked in surprise.

"Hold on a second! It could make sense that there’s a door, but it still doesn’t make sense that they are clouds in the whale’s stomach!" Aria pointed out.

"Something's not right here." Usopp nervously said as he looked up, before he noticed something. "Wait a minute... Look at the sky! The clouds, the seagulls, they're not moving! They're painted on! It's a giant mural inside the Whale's stomach!"

"Huh?" Nami and the ninjas asked in confusion.

"Call it a doctor's playful mind." Crocus simply said.

"You’re not making any sense, you crazy old fool!" Usopp and both Spikes growled in anger, held back by Zoro and Rainbow Dash.

"Easy, don’t let him get to you." Zoro said before the whole place began to shake.

"Aw, great. What now?!" Sanji deadpanned.

"It’s begun." Crocus simply said before Nami noticed something.

"Look! That’s no island, it’s some kind of ship! It’s made of iron!" Nami pointed out.

"Yeah! Of course! ‘Cause we’re floating on a sea of gastric acid!" Usopp agreed.

"Gastric Acid?!" Donnie paled.

"That means our ship won’t last long if we don’t get out of here, fast!" Wolflood realized.

"Hey, old man Crocus! What's going on here?!" Mikey asked.

"He’s very angry. These aftershocks are a result of him hitting his head against the Red Line." Crocus informed.

"Of course! That explains why he had so many deep scars on his head!" Donnie realized.

"The same goes for the weird howling." Pinkie added.

"Why does he do it?" Usopp asked.

"It’s… because he’s suffering." Nami answered.

"It’s all starting to make sense! So what’s the geezer up to?" Usopp added.

"More than likely, he’s trying to kill the way from the inside!" Nami responded.

"It’s time." Crocus simply said.

"What a despicable way to kill something." Usopp growled.

"Um… I don’t think that’s the case at all." Fluttershy disagreed.

"We shouldn't judge the old man. But what we need to do is get out of here. If there is a door we should use it." Sanji pointed out, while in the metallic parts of the whale, a strangely dressed man and woman appeared.

"Gah! As long as the waves keep going wacko like this, we can’t get anywhere!" Mikey panicked before Crocus jumped into the acid and began to swim to the other side where the door was.

"That old guy just jumped in!" Nami called out, much to everyone else's surprise.

"Huh?! Is he insane?! The acid will eat him alive!" Zoro dreaded as Crocus was swimming, there were sunken ships and skeletons.

Meanwhile, the whale moving was causing Luffy to bounce and ricochet off walls screaming.

"LUFFY!" Leo, Twilights, Sunset and Adagio yelled as they ran after him.

"So dizzy… I’m gonna hurrrrrrlllllll…" Luffy groaned before he and his friends found themselves in a spacious corridor with a river. "Hey, that’s weird. The whale’s got a river inside it too?"

"Who knew?" Leo asked before the room began to tilt upwards, causing them all to fall.

"Things are looking up, my dear. We’ve been successful so far. Listen carefully, Ms. Wednesday, behind these doors lie the beast’s stomach, and that troublesome geezer as well. He must be eliminated before he can interfere again. Remember, it’s for the whale." The man said.

"Indeed, Mr. 9. This whale’s a precious creature, and one that holds the sweet promise of life for our town." Ms. Wednesday agreed.

Meanwhile, Crocus was climbing a ladder out of the acid.

"Crocus just resurfaced. I wonder what he's doing." April said.

"Forget that! Find the paddles. We need to figure out how to open those doors." Zoro responded.

Meanwhile in the metallic parts...

"Alright, here’s the plan, baby; 3, 2, 1, then we kick through the doors." Mr. 9 informed.

"Roger that, Mr. 9. I’m ready anytime." Ms. Wednesday responded before the two of them heard screaming. "What are those voices, Mr. 9?"

"I don’t know, Ms. Wednesday." Mr. 9 responded before they saw Luffy and the others barreling straight at them. They screamed as they all collided and broke through the door.

"They're back." Crocus noticed.

"Not good! We're gonna fall into gastric acid!" Mr. 9 dreaded.

"Luffy?" Zoro wondered.

"Twilight?" Spike added.

"Leo?" Karai asked.

"Adagio?" Aria noticed.

"Sunset?" Rainbow Dash realized.

"Twilight?" Rena finished.

"Zoro! Is everyone okay? So um… We could use a hand." Luffy said as he, his friends, Mr. 9 and Ms. Wednesday landed in the gastric acid.

"We'd better fish them out." Zoro scowled as the two strange people were swimming up as Leo, Sunset and Sci-Twi were trying to save Luffy, Princess Twilight and Adagio, who were drowning.

Meanwhile, Crocus was applying sedative to a part of the whale. "You’ve got to stop it, Laboon! You can’t afford to beat yourself up anymore! There’s only a tiny amount of sedative left, and until I make some more, you’ll have to make nice!" Crocus ordered as he injected the medicine into Laboon’s muscle, calming the giant whale. "I’ve told you before, that wall divides the world’s oceans! It doesn’t matter how many times you hit it, it won’t break, not even for someone as mighty as you!"

Inside the stomach...

"I don't claim to speak whale, but it seems to have calmed down a bit." Nami noticed.

"It definitely did." Fluttershy confirmed.

"So, now we just have to find out who these guys are." Karai said as she pointed to the two newcomers.

"Mr. 9, these heathens are pirates." Ms. Wednesday told her partner as Sanji had hearts in his eyes from seeing her.

"Yes, that’s painfully obvious, Ms. Wednesday. But if we speak to their humanity and compassion, they should understand our plight. Maybe…" Mr. 9 wondered before...

"You parasites are still here? I grow weary of this, and for the last time, as long as I draw breathe, you will not lay a single harmful finger on Laboon." Crocus declared, before the two laughed as they raised their bazookas.

"You think you can bully us into giving up our mission?" Ms. Wednesday asked.

"We were sent here to hunt this whale and that's exactly what we are going to do!" Mr. 9 declared as he and Ms. Wednesday pointed their bazookas at a wall. "We're about to give this whale a new blowhole! Fire, baby!"

"Roger!" Ms. Wednesday responded as she and Mr. 9 fired their weapons, but Crocus dived straight into the line of fire, stopping the cannonballs with his body as they exploded, shocking everyone.

"He jumped straight into the line of fire!" Usopp gasped.

"Did he just… Was he protecting the whale?" Sanji asked as Crocus resurfaced on the gastric acid.

"Go ahead and try and stop us! But mark my words, this hulking beast WILL provide food for our town!" Mr. 9 declared as he and Ms. Wednesday continued laughing when Luffy punched them in the faces, making them collide as Fluttershy palm-struck both of them by their backs, causing paw-shaped bubbles to emerge from their chests before Mr. 9 and Ms. Wednesday fell unconscious.

"Um… What was that for?" Usopp asked.

"I just… wanted to hit ‘em." Luffy responded.

"Because they wanted to hurt the poor whale." Fluttershy simply answered with a stoic expression.

Later...

"So, Crocus, what's the deal with these two? And Luffy, why'd you hit them?" Nami asked.

"There was just something about them I didn't like." Luffy answered.

"These two thugs come from a small town looking for whale meat. If they caught Laboon, he could feed their town for at least two or three years easy! All they're concerned about is feeding their fat, greedy bellies! I won't allow them to slaughter him for food." Crocus explained.

"Laboon?" Fluttershy wondered.

"That’s the whale’s name." Crocus confirmed.

"I think that’s a wonderful name." Fluttershy said with a gentle smile.

"Thank you." Crocus responded in gratitude as he himself gained a smile from the timid girl's personality.

“Anyone mind tellin’ me where those paw bubbles came from and how they got into those two?” Applejack asked.

“I think I might have something to do with it, or at least these.” Fluttershy responded as she opened her hands to her friends, revealing them to be paw pads.

“Whoa… Fluttershy, you have the powers of the Paw-Paw Fruit.” Sonata realized.

"Paw-Paw Fruit?" Fluttershy asked in confusion.

"That's a super powerful devil fruit power that can repel anything. It can be devastatingly destructive, or an amazing way to travel." Adagio informed.

“Oh! Oh dear!” Fluttershy gasped in surprise.

“Good thing I have a limiter for that.” Aria noted as she brought out a pair of gloves, giving them to Fluttershy. “Wearing gloves will help keep your Paw-Paw fruit powers under control.”

“Fashionable and functional?! I love it!” Rarity squealed in excitement.

"So what's the deal with this Laboon? What's his story?" Karai asked.

"It’s a shame that he’s stuck here so far away from his domain. You see, there’s a reason he keeps hitting himself on the Red Line and howling at Reverse Mountain." Crocus informed.

"There is?" Nami wondered.

"Yes, to put it one way, inside Laboon’s body beats the heart of a human. He has most impatiently awaited, and is eternally devoted to a certain band of pirates. Going on 50 long years now." Crocus answered, preparing himself to tell them the sad story of the island whale.

Author's Note:

Donnie: You know why Laboon's hitting his head on the Red Line?

Usopp: That's one strange whale.

Fluttershy: A whale, having the heart of a human...

Luffy: Okay!

Rena: Not good! Whenever Luffy says that, it's never a good sign!

Leo: WHAT THE?!

Adagio: What is Luffy doing?!

Luffy: How about this!

Ninjas and the rest of the Straw Hats: LUFFY!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING NOW?!?!?!?!

Leo: On the next Equestria Ninjas Girls, One Piece...

Princess Twilight: A Promise Between Men! Luffy and the Whale Vow to Meet Again!

Luffy: I'm gonna be King of the Pirates!