• Published 16th May 2022
  • 929 Views, 95 Comments

Super Ponyronpa: Cacophonous Symphony - TrackdNTraild



What happens when 16 ponies are trapped in a magic school, and have to kill eachother to leave?

  • ...
2
 95
 929

ACT 2: EXECUTION

Finally, at the end of the pit, Applejack falls face first into what appears to be mud. She splutters, getting up and wiping the caked dirt from her face. Her hat finally lands on her head, obscuring her vision momentarily. She pushes it up with a huff, and glances at her surroundings. It appears that she's in a giant field. She glances down at what she's standing in, and any normal pony would gag at both the smell and the realization; it's manure. A freshly planted field is going here. Applejack lifts her head as the sound of machinery becomes known to her. She looks up, seeing Philomena sitting in the control booth of a plow, and fear grips her soul while the bird cackles maniacally. Applejack turns, and runs out of frame as Philomena launches seeds from the mouth of the machine. Throughout the field, some of the seeds create sprouts that twist and tie together to create words.

SEEDS OF TRUTH
Ultimate Farmer
Applejack's Execution: Executed

Philomena pulls back the levers of the machine, and the blades begin to turn through the ground. She pushes forth, ripping through the soil much faster than Applejack can run. Her maniacal laughter is even louder than the machine at work. Applejack makes the mistake of turning her head to look at what's going on behind her. She gasps and nearly chokes on air. She stumbles, falling to the ground and trying to shield herself as the machine rolls on top of her. Very few blades miss her, ripping her body in many places and creating long gashes that could easily have collided with bone had she not been lucky enough.

She shakes herself, blood and dirt coming off her body into the ground. She hisses as dirt and manure collide with her wounds, sure to infect them without treatment. The blood loss is already making her dizzy, and her hat was ripped to shreds when the blades grabbed it. She pulls the pieces together in a pile. The agony from her wounds and the loss of her heart makes her sob. The plow finally comes to a stop when it reaches the end of the field, and Philomena flies out. She hums happily as she goes to fetch another machine. She snaps her feathers, and the plow disappears into thin air. Applejack's head snaps back up and she returns to reality as Philomena turns on a planter, and stares Applejack in the face with a wicked smile spread on her beak. If one looked close enough, they could even see sharp teeth; that was unusual for a bird.

Applejack's head begins to ache as the machine turns on, and churns through the ground toward her. She takes a deep breath, and lets her eyes close up tight. With the infected wounds and the blood seeping from them into the earth, she finally has no choice but to face the truth. This is her execution, she can't expect to live. She accepts her fate, the shaking ground and the raging roar of the blades making even her organs ache. She opens her eyes at the last moment and screams as the new blades tear at her body again, pushing her into the ground. A giant seed falls from the machine's mouth on top of her, pressing her into the dirt. She squirms as dirt covers the hole, trying to push this seed off of her body so she can dig her way out.

The earth is truly suffocating, and she digs desperately to escape. But why now? She was so ready to accept her fate... her fight or flight must've kicked in as the dirt covered her. No pony truly wants to suffer, so they will fight for and cling to life. She shuts her eyes as mud sticks thickly to her coat and mane, going straight into her skin. Her wounds feel like hot fire. If she opens her eyes, she'll get nothing but mud in them. She does know though that because of there being mud, the field has been watered, which can only mean...

She coughs, and mud fills her mouth as the seeds quickly take effect. Roots sprout from the seeds, stabbing through her torso and weaving through her other limbs. The roots feed on the water in the soil and the blood from her body. She struggles to dig and breathe from the weight of the mud and the wet dirt filling her mouth and lungs. Philomena pats down the ground on the surface, humming ever so happily as the seeds grow. She finishes watering the last seed with her own personal watering can, and a large apple tree sprouts from the location where Applejack was buried. She squawks happily and flies over, already seeing the tree bear bright red fruit.

She flies into the tree's leaves, and breaks a ripe apple off of a stem. She laughs even louder than before, showcasing the shine of the apple in the shape of Applejack's agonized face; the face that she had been wearing just before the mud filled her lungs and suffocated her.

Author's Note:

Another one bites the dust!

This execution was really hard for me to plan out, I wasn't entirely sure what I wanted to do so that's why it took a little bit longer for this to come out. I hope you guys enjoyed anyways though!

And reminder; no spoilers!

EDIT 8/2/22: Updated some of the text! I added a little bit more descriptive words, fixed some run-on sentences, and overall just improved the quality of this chapter.