• Published 22nd May 2022
  • 377 Views, 7 Comments

Paradise in Limbo - Undome Tinwe



In Limbo, a Gardener cultivates a place of peace for a Lost Princess.

  • ...
1
 7
 377

The Fixed Stars

"I want to save the Tyrant."

The Gardener raised an eyebrow at that. "Truly?"

The Princess Triumphant nodded. "You once said that all souls desired peace. I do not know how we are connected, but perhaps our shared link with my people can be of help. And if I can help the Tyrant, we will not have to worry about another attack once he regains his strength."

"If anyone can do it, it would be you." The Gardener leaned in to press a quick kiss against the Princess Triumphant's lips. They were lying on the grass next to one another, enjoying the serenity of the garden after finishing the planting of another row of cherry blossoms. "Your loving heart never ceases to amaze me."

"And your patience is ever an inspiration to me," the Princess Triumphant replied.

"When will you reach out?" the Gardener asked, gently stroking her lover's mane with a hoof. She'd never known how relaxing such a simple gesture could be, had never appreciated the tranquillity that such small acts of intimacy could provide until she'd stumbled into this relationship. It was wonderful, and she took every opportunity to indulge herself.

"I'm not sure." A moment of silence passed as they both basked in each other's presence. Then, the Princess Triumphant continued speaking. "We have time, I think, and I'm not yet ready to face him again." She rolled to the side to smirk at the Gardener. "Besides, I'd much rather be continuing my practical studies on love."

The Gardener smiled back. "I would love nothing more than to explore the many facets of love with you. For now, shall we—?"

She never got to finish her sentence, as she suddenly felt herself being pulled away from Limbo. Looking down, she could see her physical form fading away, and stared up at her lover in shock.

The Princess Triumphant immediately reached out towards her, her own expression filled with panic as her hoof went through the Gardener. "W-What's happening?"

"Something is drawing me back to the other realm," the Gardener said as her vision began to fill with light. "The pull is great, and I cannot fight it." She tried to hug the Princess Triumphant, and despair wracked her heart as she failed to make contact.

"Don't leave me, please," the Princess Triumphant begged, tears welling in her eyes. "Not once I finally have all of you."

The world was vanishing before her eyes, and she could sense the void that was about to swallow her. "I— I will find you in the other realm," the Gardener promised. "Somehow, we will be reunited. I will not rest until this is so, my love. Stay strong, and serve your people until then."

"Gardener, I—"

The Gardener never heard the end of that sentence, as the spell around her completed and she sucked into the light, her very self rendered into energy as her consciousness faded and she passed through the Veil into the other world.

The last thought she managed to conceive was of the great love she held for the Princess Triumphant. No matter what, she would remember that love.

The light consumed her...


...and in the skies above Ponehenge, Mistmane fell.