• Published 12th May 2022
  • 1,414 Views, 62 Comments

EQG: Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Canterlot Duelist Academy - Dalek-Galvo



Expert Turbo-Duelist Sunset Shimmer, is about to enroll in the Canterlot Duelist Academy, meeting a lot of old and new faces as she progresses. Time for Sunset to bring her A-Game.

  • ...
11
 62
 1,414

Prologue: Rage of Resonator's: The Dueling Adventure begins, Ready, Set, Duel!

(This first part is a flashback).
On the planet Earth, a new sensation had been rising throughout the ages, the age of Duel-Monsters. A Card Game that piqued in popularity as more people played. And many new dueling techniques were created. This instance of a new dueling technique has been all the rage in Neo Domino City, the Home of Turbo-Dueling.

"Welcome to the Everton street Fortune Cup Tournament," The Announcer proclaimed. "And now we shall announce the two duelists that will entertain us today."

"First up, it's Canterlot's Red Rocket, Sunset Shimmer, "The Announcer said as Sunset zoomed out from a shaded room into the Turbo-Dueling track.

"Alright all you turbo-dueling fans out there," Sunset said. "It's time that we kick this duel into overdrive!"

"And her opponent, our former champion who vows to reclaim his title, Sombra," The Announcer said as Sombra appeared.

"Listen up brat, you made me suffer for that humiliating duel last time when you took my title from me," Sombra roared. "Now I'm going to make you suffer just as much."

"The only thing you'll be doing is eating my dust, Sombra," Sunset retorted.

"Alright duelists, start your engines," The Announcer said as both Sunset and Sombra activated the Speed-World Field Spell, now the only spells they could use were speed-spells.

"Now, ready...set...DUEL," The Announcer said as both duel-runners took off.

"I'll start this turbo-duel by summoning the Tuner monster, Red Resonator," Sunset said as she summoned her monster.

Red-Resonator: Level-2, Fiend Type Tuner Monster
ATK: 600, DEF: 200

"Oh and since I have normal Summoned a Resonator monster, I can special summon this monster from my hand without tributing, but it's attack points are halved," Sunset stated. "So say hello to Red Warg in defense mode."

Red Warg: Level-6 Fiend Type Monster.
ATK: 1400/2=700, DEF: 2200

"And now I'll tune up Red Resonator to Red Warg to summon a beast of unstoppable power," Sunset stated.

"Oh no," Sombra wailed in fright.

"Oh yes Sombra, behold as I synchro summon my ace in the whole, the unstoppable, the supreme, the monster that's going to take you down, Hot Red-Dragon Archfiend,"Sunset stated as her dragon let out a mighty roar."

Hot-Red Dragon Archfiend: Level-8 Dragon Synchro Monster
ATK: 3000, DEF: 2000

"Now once during each of my main-phases I can destroy all of my opponents monsters that are in Attack mode, so say goodbye to your Skull Flame," Sunset said as Sombra's ace monster was destroyed.

"NO, I WAS SUPPOSED TO WIN, THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING," Sombra wailed.

"Now Hot-Red Dragon Archfiend attack Sombra's life-points directly and end this turbo-duel, GO INFERNAL POWER FORCE," Sunset ordered as her Dragon engulfed Sombra in infernal flames.


EQG: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Canterlot Duelist Academy

Written by: Grand-Galvatron


(Meanwhile, in present time)

Sunset Shimmer was looking through her Resonator Archfiend deck as the boat that was supposed to take her to Duelist academy arrived.

"Ahh, Finally, it's here," Sunset said with excitement as she hopped in.

To tell the truth, Sunset was kinda a little nervous about her first day in Duelist Academy, since duelists from around the world would also be joining in for the fun.

"Oh, if only Mama and Papa could see me now," Sunset said as she started to blush a little.

Sunset had always been a big fangirl of Duel Monsters ever since she was a little kid, but she had never gotten the time to get a deck since she was busy with chores, schoolwork, and most of all, spending time with her mother and father.

Her father was known around town as a duel monsters champion, as he was the victor of over 5 tournaments. Her father always told her that Duel Monsters will never be easy peasy lemon squeeze but as long as you play your cards correctly and never give up your hope for victory, you will always succeed in battle.

That was clear when Sunset went to get her first deck at the card shop, even though there was a deck there that had a lot of powerful fusion monsters, Sunset preferred to have Synchro Monsters since they were easier for her to master. Her deck was a combination of Structure Deck: Jack Atlas and Red Dragon Resonator. She got this kind of deck since she was a huge fan of Jack Atlas. She also knew to put her Red Dragon Archfiend themed duel runner along with all the others in the Cruise-Ships Runner Parking lot.

After parking her Duel Runner, she looked at her cards to predict what the outcome of her day would be like.

"Alright here goes," Sunset said as she pulled out a random card. "Hmm, Barrier Resonator, looks like I'll spend the day without any physical injury."

"Hey dweeb," A voice said revealing it to be Trixie Lulamoon.

"You're Duel Runner looks pretty...Too Pretty," Trixie said as she took out a sharp piece of metal.

"NO, YOU'LL SCRATCH THE PAINT," Sunset screamed as Trixie left a small gash on the Duel Runner.

Now Sunset was feeling a surge of anger flow through her, and Trixie's laughter was making Sunset angrier.

"Ohh...you just made a Big Mistake," Sunset snarled as she got her duel disk out. "You scratch my paint, I scratch yours!"

"Oh, are you challenging me to a duel, Sunset Bummer," Trixie said. "Very well, challenge accepted!"

"LET'S DUEL!" Trixie and Sunset both shouted as their duel disks activated.

Sunset Shimmer LP: 4000

Trixie Lulamoon LP: 4000

"My Turn, I draw," Sunset said as she drew a card. "First I activate the Spell Card Double Summon, this allows me to normal summon two monsters on the same turn. Whenever there are no monsters out on the field, I can summon Big-Piece Gollum from my hand without tributing. So I summon Big-Piece Gollum to the field in Attack mode."

Big-Piece Gollum: ATK: 2100, DEF: 0.

"Alright and because of the Double summons effect, I can summon another monster to my field," Sunset said. "So now I summon Medium-Piece Gollum which will also be in attack mode.

Medium-Piece Gollum: ATK: 1600, DEF: 0.

"And thanks to Medium-Piece Gollum's Special ability, I can now summon Small-Piece Gollum to the field," Sunset said.

Small-Piece Gollum: ATK: 1100, DEF: 0.

Then I put two cards face-down and end my turn.

"Alright, Dork, my turn," Trixie said as she drew her next card. "I summon Big Insect in Attack mode."

Big Insect: ATK: 1200, DEF: 1500.



"Wait a minute, you're using the Basic Insect Deck," Sunset said as she burst into laughter. "Wow, that's one of the most useless decks out there. Where'd you get that from, Weevil Underwood."

"Nrrgh, YOU WON'T BE LAUGHING AT ME NO MORE WHEN I'M DONE WITH YOU!" Trixie yelled.

"Yeah, I'll do that once you start getting a better deck, as well as some grammar lessons," Sunset said chuckling, making Trixie even angrier.

"Big Insect, attack her Small-Piece Gollum," Trixie commanded as her monster charged for an attack

"Not so fast Trixie," Sunset said. "You just activated my Face-down, The Mirror Force Trap Card. If you attack me when this card is in play, not only is the attack negated but all of your attack position monsters are destroyed.

Trixie only watched as her insect were destroyed.

"Wahh, no fair, that card should be forbidden," Trixie said.

"No it shouldn't be forbidden," Sunset said. "You're just being a spoiled brat who doesn't like to lose."

"Grr, I end my turn," Trixie said.

"Alright my move," Sunset said as she drew another card. I play the spell card, Resonator call. With this card, I can add one Resonator monster from my deck to my hand."

"And now that I've added one Resonator card to my hand, I now summon, The Tuner Monster, Red Resonator," Sunset says as she summons the tuner monster to the field

Red Resonator: ATK: 600, DEF: 200

"Oh and when Red Resonator is normally summoned, its special ability activates, in which I can summon a level 4 or lower monster from my hand," Sunset said. "So I will now summon the level 3 Clock Resonator to the field.

Clock Resonator: ATK: 1200, DEF: 600

"And now I think it's time for a little tune-up," Sunset said as she prepared to synchro summon.

"I tune up my level 2 Red Resonator with my level 4 Medium-Piece Gollum, to Synchro summons Red Wyvern," Sunset said as the synchro summon commenced.

Red Wyvern: ATK: 2400, DEF: 2000.

"And after using the Star-Changer Spell Card, I can either increase or decrease a face-up monster's level by one," Sunset said. "So now, I increase my Small-Piece Gollum's level to 4.

"Now I tune up my Level 3 Clock Resonator with my now Level 4 Small Piece Gollum to synchro summon Exploder Dragon-Wing," Sunset said.

Exploder Dragon-Wing: ATK: 2400, DEF: 1600.

"Alright, Red Wyvern, attack Trixie directly," Sunset said as her monster attacked.

Trixie Lulamoon: LP: 4000-2400=1600

"And now, Exploder Dragon-Wing, let your fire loose and lay waste to the rest of her life points," Sunset said as her dragon let out a fireball.

Trixie Lulamoon: LP: 0

(Duel Concluded).

"Welp, Looks like I win again," Sunset said as the duel concluded

"Argh," Trixie growled as she lay on the ground in defeat. "Grr, YOU ALWAYS WIN, WHY WON'T YOU LET ME WIN FOR ONCE! ARGH, I HATE YOU!"

"I'LL GET YOU BACK FOR THIS, I PROMISE YOU THAT," Trixie roared as she and her cronies took off running.

"Sigh, when will she ever learn," Sunset said as she was polishing her duel runner to get rid of the gash on it.

On the sidelines, Celestia, one of the headmasters of the academy, was watching Sunset and Trixie's duel.

"Hmm, It seems that you have a lot of dueling prowess," Celestia thought to herself. "You are going to be perfect for the Synchro House at the academy."

(Will continue in Chapter 1: Synchro Spectacular: Getting to meet new faces)