• Published 9th May 2022
  • 956 Views, 45 Comments

Double Surprise - 654_nosneb



Sophia a human, unicorn lover girl meets Lyra a human lover unicorn.

  • ...
2
 45
 956

Chapter II - My little friend

-"A HUMAN GIRL!" Lyra said with excitement.

Sophia couldn't believe what was in front of her, or maybe she should say who was in front of her. A real unicorn, and could talk just like the equestrian ones. Was she from equestria?, how many years she had?, (she new she was a she beacouse of her voice); which was his name?

To many questions, and so few answers to work with. Sophia's mind was trying to deal with the fact than a mint green unicorn was on his bedroom. Then to both girls sight, the portal on the celling vanished just as fast as it opened.

Lyra's mind was also stunned by the fact that she was taken to a portal, into the room of a human little girl, her dream of his life was now true, and this moment worth all the times she was called crazy back at ponyville; but after 20 seconds of astonishment, she realized than the human girl still deserved at least a greeting from her.

"H-Hi." She said nervously "My name is Lyra."

"Are you a unicorn?" Sophia asked, still not believing what was in front of her.

"Well, yes, I am a unicorn." Lyra answered, while looking at her surroundings.

Sophia was still shocked, but quickly remembered than the mare in front of her was not only a unicorn, but was a guest in her house, and as a guest, she should be treated as one.

"My name is Sophia!" she quickly said. "I... well... sorry, sniff, I just never, but always wanted to see a unicorn. And now than I have one in front of me I forgot to present myself."

"Don't worry Sophia." Said Lyra still very excited. "I'll also lose my mind if a human appeared in my house."

"So you have a house"Said Sophia - "So, does that means that you are from equestria?"

"WHAT!" Said Lyra astonished by hearing that word from the little girl.

"Sorry, sniff, I just thought that you were from a world that I reeded in my book."

"No, I do came from equestria, It's just that the fact than a human new it takes me by surprise. And if I don't guess wrong this is the earth, right?"

"Yes, it is the earth." Sophia answered "Wait, you are from equestria!?; does that mean that celestia and Luna exists!?, they do control the sun and moon!?, pegasi exists!?; wait, you are a unicorn, could you show me magic!?"

"Wait, wait wait." Said lyra. "One question at the time; well... yes I'm from equestria, yes Celestia and Luna are very real, And I have a friend that is a pegasus. Oh and let me show you!"

She immediately glow up his horn, and enveloped Sophia in her green aura, and levitated her some centimeters off the ground.

"WHOA!!!" Said Sophia amazed by the magic perform "I'M FLYING!, I'M FLYING!; I can't belive it. You are incredible Lyra."

"It wasn't that much." Said Lyra while putting Sophia down. "If you could see what my friend twilight can do you will loose your mind."

"Who is she?"

"I don't expect you to know her, but she is the most recently crowned alicorn princess."

"Really!, and she is princess of..."

"Friendship." Replied Lyra. "But what is that!" said Lyra pointing a hoof to some kind of decorated brick with glass over it's surface.

"Oh that's just my cellphone".

"What is it for?" Asked Lyra "It is a piece of your crazy technology!?".

"I wouldn't say crazy, we can do things more impressive than this, but it is; It's mainly for communication between long distances, but can do much more, like playing music, sniff".

"Music, really!" Said Lyra impressed.

"Yes, let me show you".

While Sophia was touching the glass on the decorated brick, Lyra watched trough the window a sight that she never could really imagine. There, in the distance, where human buildings tall as mountains, with glowing lights in their surface placed carefully side by side the other. She was about to ask what they could be, when suddenly a pleasefull sound began emanating from Sophia's "cellphone".

Sophia searched for a relaxing instrumental song to show to Lyra, and play it. Lyra approached to her with an amazed expression an her face.

"WHOA, you placed a whole symphony into that little thing." Said Lyra "How did you do it?"

"It isn't like that, sniff." Replied Sophia. " As my father told me, is just has the data of how was the real symphony, and a speaker that can imitate it".

"Oh that's really clever I've to say, and what other..." Lyra stopped. She noticed that Sophia's nose was wet, her eyes were red and she clearly was crying a few moments ago.

"What's wrong." Said Sophia wandering what happened to Lyra.

"Did you were crying?" Asked Lyra worried for what happened to her.

"No... Well... Sniff, yes." she said with a sad tone on his voice. "Sorry, I didn't wanna bother you Lyra".

"No it doesn't." Lyra said worried about this human. "but, could I ask why?".

"It's just than..." Sophia froze for an instant, the big golden eyes in Lyra's face told her than she really wanted to know about it, but she didn't know how to say it.
But Lyra seemed that could understand what is to believe in unicorns, beacouse she was one, so she finally spoke. "Well, I always believed in unicorns, my grandma told me awesome stories about a world full of them, a world that she told me was called equestria."

"Oh, that's my home world, but what's wrong with it?" Asked Lyra knowing that she wasn't crying of happiness.

"Well she wrote a book with all the equestrian history that she knew, and gave it to me when I was 6." Sophia explained. "But after she fell in a coma a year ago, my father thought that the stories that she wrote on that book were just stories for dumb kids, and forced me to throw the book to the trash."

"So that's why." Said Lyra.

"Kind of, you see, he told me to do it, and I told him than I did, but I didn't. I kept it for almost 4 years until today he found it while I was on school, and then he... he..."

"He did what?" Asked Lyra already expecting the worse.

"He destroyed it." Said Sophia breaking in a tearful cry. "Page by page ripping them one by one and throwing them in the garbage."

Lyra was motioned by the little girl's story, and her lost book, at first she didn't say anything, not knowing what to say. But then she remembered a very easy spell for repairing damaged objects, in her face grew a smile for the little miracle she would give to her.

"Could I tell you something my little friend." Lyra asked to the crying girl.

"Are we friends!" Sophia questioned to Lyra, this was her dream come true, be a friend with a unicorn.

Lyra froze, she didn't think of those words when she said them. But she always wanted to meet a human, and even though she knew they weren't as friendly as ponies, she knew it was possible; although she didn't expect it to be so quickly.

"Yes!, well... if you want to." Lyra said still unsure of the girl's intentions.

"Are you kidding." Sophia said. "I always wanted to be friend with a unicorn! Thank you so much Lyra." She said while breaking the personal space between them by giving her a big hug around the neck.

Lyra didn't expect that from this girl, although she believed humans were like this, all ponies that still remembered human legends thought than they were meat eater monsters, that would use their weapons to cut you, burn you, or even eating you. This action of the girl not only confirmed her theory, but in fact gave her something more valuable than all the bits in the world, a new friend.

Lyra corresponded the hug with her forelegs, showing Sophia that she cared about her, and that she was her little friend.

The hug ended about 2 minutes later since both girl's were already scared of all of this being a dream, a very fascinating dream. When it ended Lyra spoke:

"Well Sophia, were are the remains of the book."





Sophia's father was on his office at the computer, finishing the code of a program. He was a little sad for his daughter, although he was sure he was doing right; but, was it necessary to destroy it? His original plan was to place it in the same place were Bibi was and he wasn't sure if he had been to much rude with her. He was thinking of all this things, when he heard steps walking down the stairs. "It's probably Sophia coming for my advice." he thought, but something was wrong. "Are those, hoofsteps?".

He leaved his office, and walked to the kitchen, were the sound was emanating. He slowly opened the door of to see if there was a robber searching for some money and stuff.

But he stopped opening the door, as soon as he saw what was inside the kitchen. There was his daughter staring at the trashcan, and beside her was a mint green little unicorn, with a glowing horn.

"Watch this."Said the mare as she started to cast the spell.

Then he could watch than the ripped pages of the book that he destroyed began to levitate, enveloped on a greenish aura. And then as if was by art of magic, one by one, the pages were placing themselves back together to form a book.

"EEEEEEEKK!" Shouted Sophia "It's my book! But how?!"

"Told you magic could do more than levitating things." Said the mare excitedly. "And wait for me to show you telepor..."

She stopped, she spotted him. His mind told him to run, but his body was not moving, he was paralyzed. And the two little girls were approaching to him.

"This would ve hard to explain." Thought Sophia. "Even more hard when you don't know the full explanation".

Author's Note:

I said I would continue the story, and here I am.
Enjoy.