• Published 3rd May 2022
  • 729 Views, 20 Comments

The memoirs of Princess Brighter Skies - Disembodied_Pony



A princess recalls her humble beginnings, as a human male from another universe

  • ...
7
 20
 729

Planet 1: Equus

Equus and Equestria, where to begin?

Starting with gaining access to the report on the planet prepared for 'the evacuation', I was shocked and delighted to see that there was a thriving race a sentient creatures. Many in fact!

In all of known human history, this was a first. And, I guess it will be an unknown first as far as they know?

Of all of the sentient creatures there, the ponies, impressed me the most. Some could manipulate objects without touching them, as well as others would fly through the air with bodies completely incompatible with flight dynamics as I understood them.

Three different kinds, with incredibly different abilities, yet they all lived and worked together cohesively.

Also, it was as if their abilities ebbed and flowed through the generations and family bloodlines. This in itself amazed me to no end; Families of the earth ponies, would have a unicorn foal heralding from back in their lineage, for example. But I'm getting ahead of myself again.

In my observance of them, I came to know whom their leaders were.
It was not too difficult to find them; Their residence in a castle on a tall mountainside, as well as their physical stature and abilities made them easier to identify.

However that brought more questions to my mind: How did they become their leaders? Was it their larger and more powerful stature that led the others to follow them? Were they a rare type of equine that manifested all of the traits that the others possessed? Did that manifestation of traits inspire the others around them to function together?

My mind reeled with the answers that I slowly found.

Finally having access to the transporters, I began harvesting discarded newspapers from their trash bins. However, that didn't get me very far at first, as the computer couldn't make heads nor tails of the written language since it was so alien. It, nor I had a common point of reference to build off of.

I had to go back to the source of the written language; school. Specifically: pony elementary schools. I had to borrow books, scan them, and put them back before any of them noticed.

By the time I put together a basic understanding of their alphabet and a third year language level, my cellular degradation problem became apparent to me.

From that point, I had to put my fascination with the amazing creatures on hold, for the most part. However, that problem would lead me right back to them again, I would find.

I came to the inescapable conclusion that I had to become one of them, at least largely. Sure, I could have went for a griffin, or dragon, zebra too, but the ponies sociable structure had me spellbound.

'Hmhm, that phrase has another meaning to me nowadays.'

So I decided on 'pony', but what kind? There were three, plus the culmination of that... What kind was I going to be, and what was I going to do with the rest of my life once it was saved, hopefully?

Before I would address that existential question, I needed to understand and map pony DNA... generally; an alien DNA.

Since the problem I was facing could be remedied with cellular regeneration for a while, I had time to map the DNA with the onboard computers tools. The primary processor was quite powerful, and I could extend it by replicating and linking subprocessors for this purpose in the cargo decks. The repair and maintenance drones could handle that task for me...

...Cargo Bay:4...
A sad place aboard the ship. It was where; What little remained of the crew and passengers were stowed by the repair drones. I avoided bay four for a long time, until the remains were gone.
.
.
.
Ahem, digressions...
I needed samples, alien DNA samples. Samples to scan and run cell division simulations from, and lots of them. A sample from every kind of animal I could find.

I was going to need a lot of subproccesors for simulations, running constantly. I'd need to expand the solar collection array more to power them, too.

This snowball-effect of preparation, would turn out to be practice for what I would be doing in a few years time... but that's for later...for when I talk about: Maneous, my new home.

By that point in time, it hadn't even crossed my mind yet.


I'm not proud to say that I played the part of the stalker of ponies, from aboard the ship.

Spotting a pony; I would make note of their appearance and traits, and observe them going home.

Once they used their mane brush and turned around, I would fire up the transporter to steal some hair follicles from off of their brushes.

I needed the cells and the physical traits to map any bits of DNA I could attribute to them.

Thousands of times I did this: Random ponies, families with their own separate brushes, and most importantly; the princesses.

The last scared me, I'm not afraid to admit. The three tribes didn't appear powerful enough to touch the ship from the sky and ground, but the princesses?

I found a reference or three in the foals books mentioning them moving the sun and moon. While I never noticed them changing positions per-say, it's perceptual. Meaning they would possibly have the ability to alter the planets rotation at will...

Finding slight inconsistencies in the daily rotation of the planet, gave the concept some credence.

What could that kind of ability to manipulate an object, do to the ship with me on it?
Yank it down?
Push it into the moon, should I take a step too far?

With them, I waited till they left their chambers the next morning and evening to gather follicles... Better safe, than extremely-sorry.

For the next few months, I switched between genetic engineering study, pony language research (Equish), and finally pony culture. The last two, to help me eventually decide what tribe I specifically was going to work towards.

That eventually led me to that nasty existential question of what was I going to do with my life...

That answer is appearant now; I was going to start my life anew, on a new world, with a new family. I would be the first of them.

Of course; No pressure, to be sure. I was either driven with a purpose by the universe, or completely mad to think all this was within my grasp.

I believe it was one, made by the other.

Learning of the princess sisters helped me with this immensely. With ponies, which I was going to be now; worked extraordinarily well with a matriarchal leader. A mother figure of sorts, and extremely long lived to provide the accumulated experience to the rest across lifetimes.

If I had more time, I could have looked into becoming an alicorn prince. But I had language, culture, and physical barriers, as well as a time limit pressing me.

At first I lamented loosing some things that I was quite accustomed, and comfortable having.. Then I had second thoughts;

'Need I loose all of them? The DNA is mostly mapped out by now, why not put in the extra work to keep my bipedal stance and more, though redressed in pony fashion? If I have the required time, that is.'

It's evident now that I had, and did. The only things I really lost were; My feet, traded for hooves. And my old omnivorous digestive system.

And I gained so much more, more than I even realized then.

When my changes were complete, I wanted to go down to Equestria and meet the ponies that saved me. I wanted to learn from the princesses that inspired my future hoof steps. But it wasn't time yet.

I had preparations to make, a place to go, and more study to do. If the princesses would teach me, their lessons best be fresh in my mind when I'd need them. The future depended on it.


While I borrowed more of their books and scrolls to build my own library of pony knowledge, I looked far and wide across the immediate stars for a new home.

I found two that could be made suitable. One was barren and lifeless, the other was a frozen world of ice from what I could see.

Though the second one was closer, I decided on the first.

Where there was water, there might have been primitive life in some form there already. Knowing as little about life here as I did, I chose the sterile world to terraform.

The other I had named: Tailous. Though, little did I know then, that it already had a name. A long history as well...

I put off the journey to Maneous as long as I could, having a innate desire to remain as close to the ponies as I could.

Eventually though, I had to leave. To take that first step into the void, entirely alone.

It was a feeling that I had not felt in years; since I first had awoken.

Setting the course with my acquired captaincy, I began the two year trip to my future home. Along the way, planning out what would need to be built to make it livable.

First was slowly constructing the infrastructure; energy harvesting arrays for the local sun. Then constructing an orbital space station to manage it all from.

It would take many years to build; Which, had I the nerve, I would trust sleeping through the years of construction: in stasis. Time became relative, and with nothing around me pressing me for time, the passing years meant little.

Well, except for Posy Meadow: My first pony friend, and the only one who knew of my existence for many decades. The only pony to ever see a human in the flesh.

I'll make an entry especially for her; she was quite special. It brought tears of joy to my eyes when I saw her again, more than eighty years later.