• Published 5th May 2022
  • 5,315 Views, 4,693 Comments

MLP G5 Sunset: Tell Your Tale: Season 1 - JesusG0987



What IF: The adventure continues as Sunset now joined the New Generation as they embrace the magic of friendship.

  • ...
10
 4,693
 5,315

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 7: Clip Trot

Chapter 7: Clip Trot

In the middle of the day of Maretime Bay, Pipp is infront of the Crystal Brighthouse looking at her phone as she sees a video with bunnies who have glasses and hats on their heads as they dance at sync to the rhythm of the song in the background.

(Do the Bunny Hip Hop Song)

Bunny, bunny
Do the bunny-unny-unny
Bunny, bunny
Do the bunny-unny-unny
Kick up your paws and slide to the right
Shake your tail, now, side to side
Do a little zip and bring it up quick
Hop around and let's see you twist...

Pipp gasps at the video as she squeals. “Ponies!” She called out to her friends, wanting to show them what she just found. Pipp then opened the door with an exciting look. “Have you seen this Clip Trot? It. Is. So. Awe-some!” She sang the last word as she showed her friends the video of bunny hip hop. Her friends look in surprise at seeing it, clearly never seen it before.

Sunset broke the silence as she spoke. “Uh, Pipp. What are we looking at right now?” She asked with a look as she watched the video.

Pipp then gave them a look as she answered Sunset’s question. “It's the Hip Hop Bunny Bop? The new dance craze? It's only got like, a million hoof taps.” She pointed out how many views it got as she gave a look that her friends didn’t realize how many hits it got.

“A million hooftaps?” Izzy questioned as she continued with a smile. “Surely you only need four!” She called out, clearly not getting what hoof taps mean, since it means by views or likes, as she scats and hooves tapping on the floor with a little dance as she strikes a pose. She saw her friends looking at her weirdly, since that was a little weird to see.

“Izzy, that’s not what Pipp means by hoof taps.” Sunset corrected Izzy. “I think she means likes and views of the video.” She added.

Izzy then chuckles awkwardly, making herself a little embarrassed and for not realizing what hoof taps mean. “Okay, you're a tough crowd.” She said to them, saving herself from being more embarrassed when her friends stared at her.

Pipp then came to Izzy said as she spoke out excitedly. “We have to try it!” She called out as she squealed. “My pippsqueaks will be expecting it!” She called out as she placed her phone on a phone holder as she tapped the record button. “Aaand five, six, seven, eight.” She announced to her friends to get ready to show their skills infront of the phone.

Sunny then smiles at her friends, going to try out Pipp’s idea. “Just listen to the beat, feel the rhythm, and... most importantly, be yourself!” Sunny advises her friends, remembering her first experience while dancing and feeling the rythm as she gets in front of the camera and dances as the Bunny Hip Hop song starts to play as she dances a bit before hopping away.

Izzy walked back words as she laughed while dancing around with an added spin while waving her hooves as she moved backwards with a smile.

Izzy then waved to Zipp to come into the camera’s view as she danced and flopped to the floor as she shook her head, did a backflip as she struck the landing while walking backwards.

Sunset came into view of the camera as she danced with the moves she did from the dancing music she and the rainbooms made to raise the fundraisers for Camp Everfree with the Crystal Prep girls with a twirl and stood on her hind legs as she breakdance out of the camera view.

Hitch came into the view of the camera as he danced. “Ah, woo!” He laughs as he jumps as he dances. “Hitch has got it, uh-huh!” He cheered as he danced.

Izzy laughs as she and the rest of her friends, san Pipp, free dance as they listen to the rhythm.

Pipp however, did not like what they were doing as they spoke out. “No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. Cut! Stop. Stop it.” She called out but they did hear her as Zipp continued to dance.

Zipp hums as she still dances, getting into it as she then flies and flies around and ends the dance with a twirl in the air as she lands back into the ground as her friends watch her in awed, didn’t know Zipp was that good as a dancer. “Yeah!” She cheered.

“Nice moves there Zipp, didn’t know you were that good of a dancer.” Sunset commented while still looking at her in awed.

Zipp chuckles. “Flying isn’t my only hobby, I also like to break out the dance floor from time to time.” She pointed out, in her spare time besides flying, she also breaks dance from time to time. “Upload that!” She called out to her sister, wanting to post that video with her moves in it.

Pipp then spoke out in protest. “I can not upload THAT!” She yelled out. “That was nothing like the bunnies! Watch. It goes like this.” Pipp added as she got infront of the group while putting on the glasses as she danced to the music.

(Continued Do the Bunny Hip Hop songs)

Time to get fluffy
I said it's time to get fluffy
Here we go now
Here we go
Bunny, bunny
Do the bunny-unny-unny
Bunny, bunny
Do the bunny-unny-unny...

Pipp then dances to the same moves as the bunnies did with effort grunts as she tries to do the same moves as the bunnies did in the video, which is a little weird to watch to say the least as her friends look at her weirdly and a little disturb by her trying to dance the bunny dance.

Zipp was a little disturbe by this as she spoke out. “Oh! Uh, is that the time? Gotta do that thing I was telling you about. Sunny, you remember? That thing?” She acts to Sunny, trying to find a way out of Pipp’s weird bunny dance as she chuckles and runs off as Pipp continues to dance.

Seeing where Zipp is going with this, Sunny spoke out. “Uh... Uh, yeah! That... thing! Wasn't I supposed to help you?” She acts as well as she ran after Zipp.

“Me too!” Hitch called out as he ran after the two mares, leaving Sunset and Izzy with Pipp.

Pipp then stops dancing as she takes her glasses off as she looks at two remaining ponies in front of her, seeing that three of her friends are gone as Izzy and Sunset looked at each other as Izzy spoke before Sunset.

“Aaand yeah, I can't think of an excuse. Gotta go!” Izzy called out as she ran out of the house, leaving Sunset behind.

“Wait…!” Sunset cried out as she is the only pony left with Pipp, she looked at the sad pegasus as Pipp looked down in despair, feeling a little upset that her friends left her while she danced. Sunset sighs, she couldn’t leave her now that Pipp is now sad as she walks to her as she puts a wing over her shoulder. “Pipp, I know that you want us to do perfect for the video for your Pippsqueaks, but to put it simply, we can’t always do perfect. And to be fair, we’re ponies, not bunnies. We don’t even know their dance moves since we only know our own. And to be fair, I don’t know we can even do those moves except for you since we’re not a video live streamer like you.” Sunset pointed out.

Pipp sighs as she can see where Sunset was going with this. “I see your point, Sunset. You guys didn’t even know about Bunny Hip Hop until I showed you the video, I guess I could’ve told you all how it works first before making the video.” She said, as she would’ve giving her friends proper instructions on the bunny hop before making a video.

Sunset then replied. “How about we go for a walk together so that you can clear your head of the distress, we can do the video later.” Sunset suggested that a little fresh air will clear Pipp’s mind to think for her video.

“Okay.” Pipp said in agreement as she and Sunset walked out the Crystal Brighthouse as she closed the door.


Pipp and Sunset walk through Maretime Bay as they are next to the Mane Medoly salon as they walk.

Pipp was still feeling down from earlier, but then gasps as she saw a familiar pony coming out, Sunset saw this as well as the two ponies saw Jazz coming out of the salon, ending her daily job for the day as she turned and saw Sunset and Pipp as Pipp got into Jazz’s face as she gasps in shock seeing Pipp this close to her.

“Hey, Jazzy-babe, loving that hooficure.” Pipp said to Jazz after seeing that she has a hooficure. “Cu-ute!” She said in admiring Jazz’s hooves as Sunset nodded her head in agreement, finding it cute as well.

“Oh, wow, thanks!” Jazz replied with a smile. “I just--” She was cut off when Pipp continued.

“So, I could totally use your help on some like, amazing content.” Pipp said as a favor from her as she blinked with sparkles in her eyes as she gave Jazz the phone. Pipp turned to Sunset. “Stand next to Jazz, Sunset. So, the camera can view me.” Pipp said to Sunset.

“Okay, sure.” Sunset said as she walked next to Jazz as said earth pony held the phone, they were ready.

“We’re ready, Pipp.” Sunset called out, knowing what comes next as she waits for it to happen.

“And five, six, seven, eight!” Pipp cheered out as she began to dance as she sang the song.

(Do the Pony Hip Hop song/ Pipp’s singing)

Pipp sang the song as she danced with as she turned around and rap the song as she dance to it as well while Jazz looked at Pipp strangely as she looked at Sunset for an answer.

“Trying to make a video based on the Bunny Hip Hop thing.” Sunset answered as Jazz nodded in understanding as Pipp sang.

Come on, ponies
Show me what you got
I said show me what you got
Here we go now
Here we go!
Yeah! Uh-uh-uh-oh-ooh! Who needs those ponies? Not me. I'll just do it myseeelf!

Pipp then pants as she turns to Jazz and Susnet to know how she does. “What do you think, Jazz, Sunset?” She asks the two ponies for an answer for them to judge.

Sunset spoke first. “Well, it’s okay. But let’s hear it from Jazz and see what she thinks.” She said to the earth pony next to her as Jazz spoke.

“Ah, I mean... It's... great.” Jazz said while trying to think of the right words. “But…” She tried to explain but was interrupted when Posey came out of nowhere next to Jazz.

“That's so last week.” Posey said to the two ponies, answering for Jazz while she smirked at Pipp in a little amusement.

Sunset and Pipp looked at each other in confusion. “What do you mean by that, Posey?” Sunset asks the said yellow earth pony as she wants to know why.

“What?” Posey replied as she laughed at the two ponies in front of her and Jazz. “Have you two been living in a cave?” She asks rudely as to why they didn’t know about this as Jazz flinched at Posey’s comment.

After hearing the cave part, Sunset and Pipp start to have a flashback together from last week to why they didn’t know about this earlier.


Flashback:

A week ago, the Mane 6 decided to go on a camping trip. It was Hitch's idea to take a break from all of the technology his friends were using lately as he took them camping into the woods. But as bad luck has it, it was raining where they set up their camp as they took shelter in a cave as the Mane 6 were soak and wet from the rain outside as they stood close to the fire for warmth while Izzy covered herself with a blanket as the 5 girls glared at Hitch. Getting them lost in the forest while trying to get back home.

Hitch saw their glare as he spoke out. “We're not lost!” He said, trying to stay optimistic as he came up with the right words. “We're just... slowing down. Living life unplugged!” He said that this will be a great time for them to get away from machines for a little bit to enjoy the great outdoors but didn’t even know it was going to rain.

“It’s ‘living life on the land’, Hitch” Sunset corrected. “Next time, I’m carrying the map, so we don’t get lost and going to check the weather before we go out on our camping day.” She added as Hitch chuckled nervously, completely forgotten to check the weather before they went on their camping trip.

Pipp then tries to use her phone to see her stats and if anything, new pops up, but only receives beeps as she can’t get a signal out here as she taps her phone repeatedly in frustration. “No canternet?” She groans as this is gonna be a long day without her phone.

End of Flashback.


Pipp and Sunset shook their heads as they got out of the flashback, now knowing why they didn’t know of the Hip Hop Bunny video earlier since they were out in the woods with no canternet. “So, no one does the Hip Hop Bunny Bop anymore?” Pipp, questioned in shock, realizes that the Hip Hop Bunny Bop is outdated since she didn’t get a signal last week while in the woods to know it.

Posey chuckles at Pipp’s realization as she gets caught up to speed. “Nope.” Posey answered. “We're waiting for the next big thing.” She added with a wave of her hoof.

Sunset then spoke up. “Sorry, Pipp. But it looks like the bunny thing is out of style now. This reminds me of the time when me and my friends back in the other world made a video of this kind of thing to post on the web, got some hits but was a little embarrassed. And that time we made a music video to raise a fundraiser for a campsite to make repairs while working together with our friends from another school as well. It took some mishaps, but we came through and worked together to create one best thing that went viral.” Sunset added as she recalls those times that she and the Rainbooms created some videos for fun while also remembering the time where she and the Rainbooms, along with the Crystal Prep girls worked together to make the ‘Dance Magic’ video to win a contest to get the money they need to raise the funds for repairs for Camp Everfree. “Anyway, what can you do for a video? You just need to think of the next best thing for it to become popular.” She added with some advice on how to make a video that would become a hit.

Pipp then thought of what Sunset said as she smirked, coming up with an idea. “The next big thing, huh? Hmm…” She said as she put a hoof to her chin. Sunset saw this as she had a feeling that Pipp just came up with an idea for the next best video that she might have in mind. Pipp then grabbed her phone from Jazz as she started pressing it.

“What are you doing, Pipp?” Sunset asked, curious on what Pipp was doing.

“You’re about to find out, Sunset.” Pipp answered with a smile as she is editing her phone as Sunset and Pipp looked at her phone from the side as Pipp continued editing her phone, as it turns out, Pipp is editiing the videos into something great as she have taken as she kept pressing.

(Do the Pony Hip Hop Plays)

Come on, ponies
Show me what you got
I said show me what you got
Here we go now
Here we go!

Jazz looked carefully at Pipp’s edithing as she spoke. “Hmm. That really is gonna be the next big thing. Explode it!” She said with a smirk as she raised her hoof to Pipp for a hoof bump.

“Yeah, Pipp. This might become a hit the second you post it.” Sunset added with a smile as she raised her hoof for a hoof bump from Pipp as well.

“Uhn! Pssh.” Pipp said with a smirk as she hoof bump poth Jazz and Sunset as she looked back to her phone. “Aaand upload.” She said as she uploaded the edith video to the web as she and Sunset smiled.


(Do the Pony Hip Hop continues playing)

Do a little dip and bring it up quick
Trot to it now, let me see you twist
Look at you glow, look at you shine
Show me that spark, everypony, unite...

The video then showed the girls doing their dances with a four-way split mirror with stars in the background as the Mane 6 showed their dance moves as Rocky, Jazz and Posey looked at the video as they were viewing it with smiles on their faces.

“Now that is fire.” Rocky commented to the other two ponies as they saw the video.

“Hooftap!” The three ponies said in unison as they hooftap, which means like, on the video.


It's the pony hip hop!

The gardener earth pony is pouring water on her flowers as she hooftap the video as she dances to the music as McSnips growls at being wet while the earth pony mare didn’t realize that that she was pouring some water on McSnips.


Do the pony-ony-ony
Pony pony
Do the pony-ony-ony
Everypony, everywhere

In Bridlewood, Alphabittle is tapping his hoof while bobbing his head and dancing to the beat of the song as he twirled around with a smile as he hooftap the video.


Trot to the beat, you can feel it in the air
Pony pony

And then in a cave or so, two magical furry creatures that look like raccoons, one that is light blue and one that is purple with both having a rainbow tail and horns as they somehow have a phone with them in their magic as they bob their heads to the music, loving it.


Do the pony-ony-ony
Pony pony
Do the pony-ony-ony…

In Zephyrr Heights, Queen Haven and her fellow ponies watch the video on the big screens as they bob their heads to the music.

“Hooftap!” Queen Haven cheered with sparkles and a smile as she backed flip as a random Pegasus mare came up to the screen.

“Hooftap!” The Pegasus mare cheered as she somehow Hooftap the screen.


Back in Maretime Bay, the Mane 6 looked at the video as they had smiles of joy on their faces.

“We. Look. Amazing!” Izzy cheered out with a smile.

“I've never seen so many hooftaps!” Sunny said in amazement. “I bet everypony in Equestria has seen this!” She added as the gorup smiled at the thought.

Sunset then spoke with a smile. “There’s no doubt about it, Sunny.” She said with a smile, she had a feeling that Sunny’s right since the video is viral.

“Hey, pippsqueaks!” A filly voice was heard as the Mane 6 turned and saw three fillies, one that is a earth pony, one is a pegasus, and one as a unicorn, on the other side of them, and revealed to be Pipp’s fans since the Earth Pony filly said Pippsqueaks. “You be Sunny, you be Izzy, and will be Pi-i-i-i-ipp.” She said as she sang Pipp’s name.

Pipp smiled at her pippsqueaks as she spoke to them as the fillies giggled for a bit before they heard Pipp speak to them as the fillies gasped at the sight of her. “Or... How about you just be yourselves?” She said to the fillies as she gave a wink to Sunny and Sunset, now knowing the true purpose of being yourself for something you wanted to do as the two said ponies gave each a proud smile back at Pipp.

The fillies laughed a bit with smiles as they began to dance in their own way.

“Yeah-hah! That's it!” Pipp cheered to the fillies as she laughed as her friends smiled. “You got it!” She congratulates the fillies as Pipp and her friends see Izzy beatboxing, scatting, and dancing as her friends look at her in confusion.

“ 'K, is anypony getting this?” Izzy asks her friends as she continues her dancing. “Because I'm an icon! Ooh-ah-ooh, Izzy, Izzy! Izzy, Izzy! Make it work!” She cheered as she bobbed her head up and down, twirled around and then jumped up and down as she sang as she danced and then struck a pose after her little dance.

The rest of the Mane 6 smiled at Izzy’s cheerful side as they all had a little laugh as they made the next best video that everypony loved and went viral in one day as the Mane 6 smiled at their best video.

End of Chapter 7.

PreviousChapters Next