• Published 5th May 2022
  • 5,468 Views, 4,693 Comments

MLP G5 Sunset: Tell Your Tale: Season 1 - JesusG0987



What IF: The adventure continues as Sunset now joined the New Generation as they embrace the magic of friendship.

  • ...
10
 4,693
 5,468

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 6: The Unboxing of Izzy

Chapter 6: The Unboxing of Izzy

In the middle of the afternoon of Maretime Bay, Hitch trotted in front of his friends as she give them the news.

“Get ready for the ultimate... Maretime Bay tour!” Hitch announces as it was time for Hitch and Sunny to show the rest of their home town with some special places to go and see, since they only see part of Maretime Bay, it was time to show them the rest of it.

“Yay!” Izzy cheered out in excitement.

“I can't wait!” Zipp announced with a smile.

“I love tours!” Pipp added with a cheerful smile.

“I am looking forward into seeing the rest of Maretime Bay, considering us four only saw part of it.” Sunset said on behalf of herself, Izzy, Pipp and Zipp. “But it’s a good thing we have two ponies who grew up here to give us a tour of this town.” She smiled at the two earth ponies to give them the tour.

Izzy then got all excited as she pointed around at random things near them. “Ooh, I'm gonna see this,” she pointed to the flower stands, “and I'm gonna see that,” pointed to a doughnut sign, “and I'm gonna see--ahh!” She was about to point to the glasses as she was startled in shock when she stepped on a familiar ‘X’ and a familiar trap surrounds Izzy, trapping her in one of the leftover unicorn traps with her horn sticking out of the hole on top. The earth pony next to the glasses stand ran off in fright, as Izzy was trapped in the unicorn trap. “...Total darkness.” Izzy said in a usual cheerful tone.

“Izzy!” Pipp, Zipp, Sunset and Sunny all cried out in concern as they headed toward the trap to get her out.

Hitch looked at the trap in confusion with a raised eyebrow. “I thought all the unicorn traps were disabled!” He called out as he thought that all of the unicorn traps were all dismantled when the three tribes were together now as he brought out his sheriff book. “Note to self: Check traps for--” He wrote down as he was intrrupted by his friends trying to get Izzy out of the trap as they struggled.

“Hitch, a little help here?” Sunny asks her childhood friend to help Izzy out of the box, completely forgetting how those traps work since it’s been a while.

“Yeah, man. You know these things better than we do. How do you open these things?” Sunset asked, she may have been trapped with this stuff before when Sunny released her and Izzy out of those traps but didn’t know how exactly.

Hitch smiles to himself as he walks towards them as he hums to himself. He walked in front of the release button, waved his mane with his hoof and then pressed it as the button buzz in response. But for some reason, the trap didn’t release Izzy for some reason. Hitch and the others were surprised that it didn’t work. Hitch pressed the button repeatedly to get the trap open, but nothing happened as he began to sweat.

“Ugh, the release button isn't working!” Hitch cried out as he kept trying as Sunny and Sunset gasped in shock.

“You mean, Izzy is really trapped in there!” Sunset cried out in shock.

“Then how are we gonna get her out?!” Sunset cried out, wondering how to get Izzy out of there.

“I'm fine.” Izzy said to them in a cheered tone from inside the box as the others listened to her. “This'll be fun!” She said and then gasped. “I've never been a box before.” She added with sparkle eyes and a cheerful smile.

“I planned a tour with stops I knew each of you would love.” Hitch pointed out the places he wanted to show them but that might be a problem since Izzy is trapped. “Izzy, can’t you just teleport out of there?” He asked the unicorn, since he saw Sunset teleportation spell before, teleporitng out of a box would be easy.

“Sorry, Hitch. Sunset didn’t teach me that skill yet.” Izzy called out.

“What? Sunset, didn’t you teach Izzy, Sunny and a few other unicorns some spells you know, shouldn’t you teach them how to teleport?” Pipp questioned Sunset since she is more experienced in magic then anypony in Equestria since she is from ancient Equestria when Twilight and her friends were around.

“Give me a break will ya.” Sunset answered to Pipp. “I’m still teaching these two as I go. And teleportation spells are a little advance for a magic beginner unicorn. So far, Sunny and Izzy got the levitation spells right, but they still have a lot to learn before they get to the advance.” Sunset pointed out that they are still beginners and are still learning the basics.

“Why not blast the trap open? Since you are more skilled than me and Izzy are, Sunset.” Sunny suggested blasting the trap open.

Sunset nodded her head no. “And risks blasting Izzy in the process? Out of the question. No way am I hurting one of my friends.” She pointed out, not wanting to take that risk.

“Well, Izzy can't do a tour in a box.” Hitch pointed out that Izzy can’t even move while inside the trap, and they can’t do the tour without Izzy.

“Ooh, you just gave me an idea, Hitch!” Izzy suddenly said as a thought came to her as she focused her magic on the box a magic began to shimmer around the box as it started to levitate off the ground. The others looked in awe at Izzy’s plan as the box levitated as she can now move around while inside the box as long as she levitated. Izzy then gasps as she feels the trap move. “Is it levitating? Did I do it? Am I a levitating box?” She asks her friends to see if she is really levitating the box.

“Yeah. It is levitating. Nice job, Izzy.” Sunset congratulates her Unicorn friend as Izzy is levitation the box with a proud smile while the others look in awe.

Hitch finds this plan silly. “This is ridiculous. You can't even see!” He called out, seeing that Izzy can now move around but she can’t see the outside of the box.

“But I can use my imagination!” Izzy cheered out as she moved the box side to side.

Hitch narrowed his eyes, thinking that this won’t work as he spoke out. “Tour's cancelled!” He called out, canceling the tour.

Pipp, Zipp, Sunset and Sunny gasps at what Hitch said as the sheriff walked away. “Huh?” They questioned each other, trying to think of a way to change his mind.

“Wait, Hitch, look!” Sunny called out to Hitch as a sound of a rope was heard, which made Hitch turn his head and see that the girls tied Izzy’s box with a rope, so they could carry Izzy around without losing her.

Hitch was still unsure about this until Sunset spoke out to him. “C’mon, Hitch. You promised us a tour of Maretime Bay, and we waited long enough. And besides you never break a promise. Did you break the promise to find Sunny when she went with me and Izzy to find a way to restore magic?” She reminded him of their first adventure, and Hitch did promise himself that he would find Sunny no matter what, and he never breaks a promise.

Hitch exhales as to the girls’ persistent on wanting to go on the tour, while also seeing that Sunset got him there with his promise's thing. “Ok, fine. Right this way!” He cheered out to them with a smile. “Our tour begins with the Maretime Bay town square!” He led the way as the group smiled at each other, happy that Hitch was willing to keep the tour going.


The Mane 6, with Izzy in tow, the girls looked awed at Maretime Bay town square, loving the scene as they passed by some ponies and looking at the buildings as they walked through town.

As Hitch showed them the movie theater, with somehow looks like a pony version of Optimus Prime and the Transformers, the group trotted past it, but Izzy’s box hit the frame of pony Optimus on the sign, leaving a whole in it as it floated away, then hit a sign on the wall, dented a lamppost, crush a bench where an Earth Pony was sitting at which he scream in surprise as he looked in shock, Izzy wails at the impacts and then hit a window sill of flowers where and Earth Pony Mare was watering, it crashes as it floated by, but the flowers on the window fell to the ground while the Earth Pony Mare stared in shock.

Hitch turned his head, and he viewed the Canterlogic Building to his friends, but then got a shocked look as he and his friends saw the destruction that Izzy’s box made while being pulled as the ponies behind them screamed in fright. Hitch cringe at the sight as he gulps his throat, thinking that this might have to fill in some paperwork about the destructions Izzy’s box made and might turn out badly for the tour for his friends.


At the Maretime Bay Museum called Houvre, there are three earth ponies, two of them are Jazz and Posey, as thye are painting their version of the Pony Lisa based on their own mane and coats.

“Hey!” Jazz called out with a smile to the Mane 6 coming towards them.

“Hey! Hitch called out as well as he turned to look at his friends. “...Huh?” He questions what they are doing.

It revealed that Pipp is painting Izzy’s box with Izzy’s face on it with hearts in her eyes and a heart next to her head and a rainbow to the otherside as Pipp giggles at the painting.

Izzy gasps as she can tell what Pipp is doing. “Uh-huh!” Izzy said in saying great work, even though she can’t see it.

Hitch then grumbles to himself, stating that his friends are not even following the tour as he walks away.


“Woohoo! Woo!” An earth pony stallion shouted as he was swinging from swings to swings. Hitch has brought his friends to a place where Maretime Bay has a forest that has bridges and swings on trees for ponies to have fun with.

“Ah-hah!” Hitch cheers as he laughs but then stops as he looks at his friends again. “Huh?” He asked again.

Hitch sees Zipp swinging on the rope of Izzy’s box as she laughs “Woohoo!” She cheered as she swung back and forth.

Sunny and Sunset laughed as Pipp jumped up and down with a cheer. Sunny and Sunset then gasp as they see Hitch looking at them as he grumbles and walks away.

Sunny and Sunset look at each other in concern, starting to concern Hitch. Sunset then thought to herself. ‘Oh, boy, we must’ve been distracted by Izzy being in the box, we didn’t realize about the tour Hitch was giving us.’ She thought as she might feel bad for him now.


A little while later, Hitch then showed them the coast, with a unethusiasm expression. “Last stop, the beach.” He said in a motto tone as he showed them the view of the ocean.

“Wow” Pipp, Zipp, Sunset and Sunny all said as they looked towards the ocean.

Hitch then turned to Izzy as he spoke. “I thought you'd love this, Izzy.” he said to the trapped Unicorn.

“I do love it, Hitch!” Izzy called out. “My favorite place in all of Maretime Bay! ...We're looking at a parking meter, right? Oh, I love those things.” She called out to the simplest things she knew of that her friends weren’t amused by this, which didn’t make Hitch feel better.

Hitch narrows his eyes, having enough of Izzy being trapped in that box. “That is it! We have to get Izzy out of there now! Ahh!” He cried out as he tackled Izzy’s box to the ground.

Hitch tries to use a stick to snap the box open, but the stick breaks. Hitch then shakes the box, then jumps up and down on the top of it, and then uses his teeth to try and bite it open. Sunset saw this as Hitch begans to lose it as she ran towards him.

“Calm down, Hitch! You're starting to lose it!” Sunset cried out as she use her magic to drag Hitch away from the box, before he do anything stupid that might get Izzy hurt.

Hitch calmed down a bit as Sunset releashed him from her magic as he cried out. “Will nothing open this adorable cube prison!?” He cried out in frustration on why the Earth Pony made the trap impossible to break without a backup release.

“You're the sheriff of Maretime Bay and added security to Canterlogic with Phyllis who created these things in the first place, and yet she didn’t tell you how they work except for the release button?” Sunset listed out as Hitch has been sheriff of Maretime Bay for a long time, he would have known how to work with these things beside the release settings.

“Phyllis usually tells us these things and shows them at her big reveal at the Canterlogic building. But besides the release button, I can’t remember what else she said since it has been a long time since she told us about the Unicorn traps!” Hitch pointed out that the Unicorn traps came before the Anti Pegasus goggles and flight packs and Anti-Unicorn Mind Readers devices before their adventure started, so he is a little rusty with the designs of the Unicorn traps.

“Remind me to pay Phyllis a visit when we get Izzy out of there. Because I have a few choice words for her.” Sunset said, wanting to pay Phyllis a visit for what has happened today.

When we get Izzy out of that trap. But I don't know how we could do that!?” Hitch cried out as he looked down, lost some ideas to get Izzy out of that trap.

Izzy then came up next to Hitch as she faced her painting face to him. “Don't you ever give up, Hitch. We just gotta think!” Izzy said in optimum, keeping Hitch positive of the circumstances. “Me and you, pony and box.” She added with a cheerful tone, if they could see her face, they could tell that she is smiling to Hitch to keep trying.

Hitch and Izzy the hums as they are both trying to think of a way to get Izzy out of the box while the other girls looked at the two ponies in curiosity, trying to see what happens next as Hitch and Izzy kept thinking as they move around, but as Hitch stop, Izzy bumps into Hitch as she giggles while Hitch looked at her with a look before resuming their thinking as they continue moving back and forth as the others watch. Hitch stopped as he turned the other way but Izzy just kept on moving as Sunny saw that Izzy was getting too close to the edge.

Pipp, Zipp, Sunset and Sunny all gasp as they see that Izzy is about to go over the edge. “Izzy!” they all cried out as she was at the other side of the edge and then fell down below.

Hitch turned and saw this when he heard the girls. “IZZY!” He cried out as the rest of the Mane 6 ran to the edge as they saw Izzy rolling down hill as said unicorn is cheering.

“Ahh, this is amazing! Woo-oo-oo-oo!” Izzy cheered as she rolled up to a ramp on the hill as she flipped into the air. “Ah! Woohoo!” She cheered as the box landed on a seastack, the seastack broke apart from impact, but surprisingly, the box remained intact as it fell into the water.

The others saw this as they looked worried and shocked, worried for Izzy but also shocked at how strong that trap is since it didn’t break on impact of the seastack.

“Okay, I hope Izzy is okay, but wow, that is one tough box.” Sunset commented, admiring the trap durability of how strong it is while also hoping that Izzy is okay.

“You have got to be kidding me.” Hitch said in a disbelief expression, one for hoping that Izzy is okay while the other is trying to think what did those earth ponies used to make these traps that strong.

The trap then resurfaces, bringing relief to the group as Izzy laughs inside the box, finding it quite fun but also a sign to her friends that she is okay.

Hitch then fell to his flank as he now felt down about what happened today. “My perfect tour... ruined!” He cried out as he flopped his head to the ground in despair as the girls watched him.

Izzy levitated herself back to the group as she heard Hitch’s despair tone. “Hey there, Hitchy-poo. What's wrong, buddy?” She asked in a concerned voice.

Hitch then answered her as he looked down to the ground. “This tour was supposed to show you that Maretime Bay is an amazing place to live.” He pointed out, wanting to show his friends that Maretime Bay is amazing, and thinks that Izzy being trapped in the box is what ruined it and her friends, but mostly Izzy since she didn’t see any of it while trapped in the box.

“Hitch, mission accomplished!” Izzy cheered out to him, saying that she knows that Maretime Bay is an amazing place to live.

“Huh?” Hitch called out in curiosity, trying to get what she meant by that.

“We just had a blast. And it's all thanks to you!” Izzy pointed out as the other girls smiled at Hitch.

“Yeah, I've always wanted to see the Houvre. It's like a totally famous museum.” Pipp pointed out from the museum earlier, stating that she always wanted to see it, and she got her wish thanks to Hitch.

“And how cool was that ropes course?” Zipp pointed out of the rope course they saw earlier, finding the obstacl amazing for a pegasus like her. “I'm definitely going to check that out.” She added, wanting to go back there sometimes.

Sunset knew why Hitch thought they didn’t pay attention to his tour as she spoke out. “Hitch, we have been listening to your tours while also searching around. You thought we weren’t paying attention to you, but we were just wanting to let Izzy know what we were seeing and what they did. Like the museum for example, we painted Izzy’s box so that she could hear the paintbrush to know that we were at the museum and what they do there. And the ropes course, we use the rope that was holding Izzy’s box to swing around to let Izzy know what the ropes course is while also having fun as well while swinging back and forth.” Sunset pointed out the things they did for Izzy while on the tour. “Izzy may not be able to see them, but she can hear and feel them as they go. We didn’t ignore your tour; we were just helping Izzy to experience it while being trapped in that box.” She added the reason for them not paying attention to him earlier.

Hitch got up from the ground as he looked at the group, now understanding why they weren’t paying attention to the tour earlier. “So...You all like Maretime Bay?” He asked with a smile.

“We love it!” Pipp called out with a cheer..

“I feel more at home now.” Zipp replied with a smile.

“It was amazing to see all that and the fun it has.” Sunset added with a smile.

“Best tour I've ever been on. Seriously.” Izzy said, stating of the hearing and feelings of the tour thanks to her friends.

Sunny came to Hitch side as she smiled. ”See, Hitch? When something doesn't go to plan, you just have to…” She stopped in mid section as she gave Hitch a smirk. “Wait for it... Think outside the box!” She punned it out as she laughed her head off at that joke.

Sunset laughs as well. “That was hilarious, nice pun you did there, Sunny.” She added as she laughed, seeing the joke.

Izzy laughs at that joke as well. “That is so funny, 'cause I'm inside a box.” She stated, seeing the pun that Sunny made there as Zipp and Pipp both smiled at that pun.

Hitch laughs at that joke as well, but then from what Izzy and Sunny said made Hitch gasps as he remembered something. “Outside the box!” he called out as he searched Izzy’s box, trying to find something with a little grunt as he checked the bottom of the box as it revealed that it has an emergency release switch. “Ah-hah!” he cheered out as he flipped the switch.

Then the Unicorn trap unfolds itself, releasing Izzy from the trap as her friends look at her with smiles at the sight of her being freed. Izzy checked her surroundings as she trotted around her friends. “I'm a unicorn again!” She cheered as she bent down to the ‘X’ spot of the box. “We made some good memories though, didn't we, box?” She said to the box as her friends looked at her strangely but knowing that Izzy is alright since that just her being herself as Izzy stands back up as she faces her friends with a smile. “Now I can take the real tour!” She announced as her friends smiled at her, wanting to retake the tour so that she can see the sights for real this time.


A little while later, the group are retaking the tour of Maretime Bay for Izzy to see what they have seen as Izzy giggles as she hopped up and down.

“Right this way, and you'll see... Ah!” Hitch tried to show them something but then was cut off when he steps on another Unicorn trap, trapping him this time as the others looked at him with a look as Sunny face hoof herself. “...Uugh!” Hitch groans as karma strikes him.

Sunset groans from seeing another trap again. “Okay, I’ve had enough of this.” She went to the trap and pressed the release button, but since it didn’t work like the last, she levitated the trap and pressed the emergency release switch that set Hitch free. Sunset then turned to the group. “We’ll have to put the tour on hold for a little bit, me and Hitch have to pay a visit with a certain CEO of Canterlogic and creator of these traps. You girls wait here until we get back, alright.” Sunset said to the girls as they nodded their heads in agreement as Sunset and Hitch went to Canterlogic to tell a certain CEO about their trouble today.


A little while later at the Canterlogic building, Sunset and Hitch explain the issue and about the leftover Unicorn Traps they experienced earlier that got Izzy trapped and then Hitch as well, and having a few bumps on the way.

After a few minutes of explaining, Phyllis gets what they are saying as she speaks. “Look, for what admittedly little it's worth, I AM sorry about those leftover unicorn traps.” Phyllis said in an apologetic tone, feeling bad for this to happen and not knowing there are still some traps out there. “I ordered my employees to get rid of them after we began reunification, but it seems they missed a few.” She pointed out, saying that she thought all of the traps were all but accounted for but clearly her employees miss a few.

“Yes, they did.” Hitch said after what they have been through today. “It was just lucky nopony was seriously hurt.” He added, a good thing nopony was hurt in all of the trap problems and was glad the trap kept Izzy safe when she was rolling down hill and landed on the sea stack without getting hurt.

“I'll keep a sharper eye out for that sort of thing in the future.” Phyllis assured them, going to go through her list, to keep a sharper eye for any leftover security she might have left over Maretime Bay so they can get rid of the leftover traps that are left behind.

“See that you do, Miss Cloverleaf.” Sunset started with a tense expression. “And, if you see your son again, try to talk him into helping with getting rid of these traps, because I get the feeling, he didn’t get them all and I bet he was laying on the job.” She added, since Sprout was supposed to help take care of those traps as well while doing community service as punishment for nearly staging war on the Pegasi and Unicorns and going crazy with power and almost hiring Sunny and her friends in the process.

“Indeed, Miss - Shimmer, right?” Phyllis replied, and made sure she got Sunset’s name right.

“Yes, it is.” Sunset answered. “And I appreciate you showing respect, even if I will still strongly dislike you for quite some time.” She added that while Phyllis may be showing respect to Sunset and to her friends now, she still dislikes Phyllis for quite some time after what she did before their wild adventure to bring the three tribes together and then brought back the magic and for what she did to Sunny. “C’mon, Hitch. We are done here. We gotta get back to the girls to continue the tour.” She said as she walked out to the door as Hitch and Phyllis looked at each other.

“Don’t take it personal, Ms. Cloverleaf.” Hitch assured the CEO earth pony. “Sunset was just a little tense when she heard about your history with Sunny and her father, and for what you did to Sunny last Canterlogic day as well and for putting Sprout in charge that almost struck chaos and not believing the true story of the guardians of friendship. Since they were Sunset’s friends after all.” Hitch pointed out why Sunset is so strict with Phyllis.

Phyllis sighs as she takes a deep breath. “Well, I do deserve that after what happened last Canterlogic. And I don’t blame her for being protective of Miss. Starscout as well, if it was my son, I would feel the same way.” She pointed out that if it was Sprout in Sunny’s position, she would understand what Sunset is going through. “Though sometimes I even found it hard to believe. But I understand that.” She pointed out that she dislikes Sunset as well, but not much as now knows the true history of the Guardians of Friendship and understands what Sunset is going through. “Only time will tell when me and her will come to terms.” She added with a sigh.

“Hey, Hitch! C’mon! We can’t keep the girls waiting for long, we got a tour to see.” Sunset called out from the outside.

“Coming!” Hitch called out as he trotted to Sunset before taking one last look at Phyllis. “Have a good day Ms. Cloverleaf!” He called out as he ran out the door.

“You too, Sheriff Trailblazer!” Phyllis answered back.

Hitch and Sunset ran through the streets of Maretime Bay, trotting back to the girls to continue the tour Izzy missed out on while the problem with the traps has been solve, they will have to watch their steps until Phyllis employees remove all the leftover traps until Phyllis announce they are all accounted for.

End of Chatper 6.

PreviousChapters Next