• Published 5th May 2022
  • 5,488 Views, 4,693 Comments

MLP G5 Sunset: Tell Your Tale: Season 1 - JesusG0987



What IF: The adventure continues as Sunset now joined the New Generation as they embrace the magic of friendship.

  • ...
10
 4,693
 5,488

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 4: Nightmare Roommate

Chapter 4: Nightmare Roommate

It was nighttime in Maretime Bay as the five girls in the Crystal Brighthouse were sleeping peacefully in their respective beds as they softly snored.

And then a shadowy floating figure was passing over Sunny, then Sunset, then Zipp, and then finally Pipp who some reason don’t have her bed sheet on her as she toss and turn with a giggle in her sleep when the shadowy figure revealed to be a ghost like figure with a smiley face, hover next to Pipp as she woke a bit when she opened her eyes.

Pipp widens her eyes at what she is seeing. “Hm?” She then starts to shrieks in terror and then scream in panic as she flew around the room, which cause Sunny and Sunset to wake up from her screaming.

Sunny rubbed her eyes to know what was going on. “Huh...?”

Sunset groans in her sleep at being awake this late. “What is going on?” She then see Pipp screaming in terror, wanting to know what is going on, Sunset got out of bed and tried to speak to the young Pegasus. “Pipp, what’s wrong? What got you spooked?” she asked as Pipp then flew to Sunny, shaking her awake.

“Wake up! WAKE! UP!” Pipp cried out as she shook Sunny awake.

Sunset came between them as she tried to calm Pipp down. “Calm down, Pipp! What got you so spooked all of a sudden?” She questioned, wanting to know what was going on.

Pipp answered terrifingly as she turned to the ghost. “Gho-o-o-ost!” She cried out.

“Uh…” Sunny said in confusion, a ghost in the brighthouse.

“A ghost? Really? Where?” Sunset asked in confusion, but got her answer as the ghost came right in front of them.

Sunny and Sunset now joined Pipp panicked screaming as the three hugged each other in fright as they spread out while the ghost flew around as the three ponies screamed.

“No! No no no no no no no!” Sunny cried out in panic, not believing what she was seeing. The ghost then came in front of Zipp’s bed as she worked up.

Zipp rubbed her eyes to see what was going on. “Hm…” She then sees the ghost infront of her as she screams in panic as she jumps out of her bed and flies away to get away from the ghost.

Various screams were heard around the room as the four ponies tried to get away from the ghost as they flew or ran back and forth from the entire room to hide or get away from the ghost. Sunny and Sunset hide behind Sunny’s bed as they look at the ghost cornered Zipp to the wall as Zipp is panting terrifingly as she is trapped.

Sunny and Sunset then notice something odd about the ghost, seeing a shape and form and how it was sparkling rainbow colors, seeing something familiar about the colors, as if it was somehow being controlled. That’s when the two ponies realize something that is familiar to them. “Hey! Hold on…” Sunny called out as she narrowed her eyes in realization.

Sunset see this too as she recogonize the colors around the ghost, or is it a ghost at all. “I know those colors all too well.” She said with a narrow eye as she looked at the ghost.

Zipp was about to freak out, but then Sunny turned on the lights as she gasped at seeing that the ghost isn’t a ghost at all, it turned out to be a bedsheet with horseshoes on it as it was levitation off the ground by magic. Zipp giggles awkwardly at being scared of a simple bed sheet. “Easy, ponies, it’s a bedsheet.” She pointed out.

Sunny and Sunset then turned to Izzy, who is somehow still asleep from all the screaming and panicking. She was levitating the bedsheet in her sleep without knowing as she smacked her lips in her sleep with her holding her Unicorn Teddy.

“Ohm Celestia, she is magic sleeping. She must’ve levitated that bedsheet in her sleep as it was flying around.” Sunset pointed out as she saw this kinda thing before back in old Equestria days.

“You saw this before, Sunset?” Sunny asked in curiosity.

“I used to do this when I was just a filly.” Sunset answered. “When Unicorns are just learning about magic, you didn’t know that you were using it in your sleep without practicing. Like for example, Izzy is more used in levitation as she didn’t realize that she was using it in her sleep, which we all saw.” She pointed out that since Izzy is still learning about magic along with Sunny, they’re still new to this whole magic thing, which proves it with Izzy levitation the bedsheet from earlier.

Pipp came to the bedsheet that is still levitation as she has an irritating look. “Yeah! And she was levitating my bedsheet!” She pointed out as she snagged her bedsheet out of Izzy’s magic. “Thanks, Izzy.” She said to the sleeping unicorn, who is still asleep, not caring if she heard her or not. Pipp then inhales as she and the others go back to their prospective beds. “I am like, so super traumatized right now. I'll be lucky to get any sleep.” She exclaims as Sunny turns off the lights.

Sunny yawns as she lays on her bed with her eyes closed. “Just shut your eyes, count pegasheep, and--” She instructed but this was cut off by annoying snoring, which caused Sunny to open her and turned to the source.

Izzy was now snoring in her sleep as her horn sparkled out magic as she spoke her favorite word. “Glitter glitter glitter glitter glitter glitter…” She mumbles between her snores as she twists and turns on her bed with a smile.

Pipp, Zipp, Sunny and Sunset were both annoyed at Izzy’s snoring and mumbling as Pipp placed a pillow over her head as she trys to block out Izzy’s noise, Zipp groans as she place her blanket over her head, Sunny groans as Izzy mumbling in her sleep while Sunset rolled her eyes as she tried to cover her ears.

“This is gonna be a long night.” Sunset said to herself, seeing that Izzy sleep mumbling will keep them up all night.


The morning sun came up as a rooster crows outside of the Crystal Brighthouse, signaling that it is morning.

Izzy is in the kitchen as she sings to herself in a cheerful tone, with a tiara in her head. “Haa! This is how a unicorn sings, first thing in the morning. Oo-ooh!” she sang as she hummed to herself as she danced in the kitchen.

Izzy then found a hairspray can as she twirls it for a bit and then sprayed herself with it, styling her mane. “Yeah!” She said as she continued to hum as found a crossword book, “Ooh!” She then grabbed the pen in her hoof as she hummed and wrote something in the crossword book. “Oh!” She tosses the book away as she hums and places the pen in her mouth as she goes to the refrigerator. She found peanut butter in it. “Ah! Mmm!” She places the pen down to grab the peanut butter and places the pen in the fridge as she hums and places peanut butter in the bread, getting a little messy in the process with some peanut butter on the table and some on her hoof. “Yes.” She said as the humming continued as she grabbed Pipp’s phone, taking a selfie with her peanut butter bread in the photo, getting some peanut butter on Pipp’s phone in the process. “Oh! Ha-ha-ha, hmm-hmm…” She put the phone down on the table and dropped the peanut butter bread on the floor as she trotted away from the kitchen.

In the main room, Sunny, Sunset, Zipp and Pipp both just sit there in a tired expression, Izzy’s snoring and mumbling kept them up all night, which didn’t allow them to get any sleep.

Izzy trotted to the main room with a happy expression. “Oo-ooh! Morning!” She called her friends, as they were too tired to do anything but listen to the hyper active Unicorn. “Don't you just love waking up to a new morning? It is just so new and morningy-y-y!” She hums out of the main room, unknowingly to know that her friends are tired.

“Waking up?” Zipp questioned with a so tired expression that she is cranky. “We didn't sleep!” She pointed out, as they were up all night, endoring Izzy’s sleeping snoring and mumbling problem.

“Ugh. Izzy is too much like Pinkie Pie when she is so hyped up and doing things in her sleep.” Sunset groans, as Izzy is so much like Pinkie Pie, too much like Pinkie if they were up all night.

Pipp then notices something on Izzy’s forehead. “Uhh... Was that my tiara?” She questioned why Izzy was wearing her tiara.

The Mane 4 then walked to the kitchen seeing a bit of mess that Izzy made. Zipp grabbed her hairspray as it puffed out, revealing that it was empty.

Pipp grabbed her phone, and saw it messy with peanut butter oozing out while looking at the peanut butter mess with the jar that Izzy left behind. “Ugh.” Pipp groans in disgust.

Zipp then saw her crossword book, seeing that Izzy scribbled it out with the pen from earlier. She grabbed the book to take a closer look as her right eye began to twitch. She then ran towards Sunny and Sunset, showing them what happened. “Everything's ruined!” she cried out.

Pipp came toward her sister's side as she looked at Sunny and Sunset, about to freak out as well. “Sunny, Sunset, you two have to do something.” She pleaded. “Izzy's becoming a total nightmare roommate!” She pointed to said Unicorn on the other side.

Izzy is trotting by as she hums, then gobbles down a cereal as she throws the box away as she continues humming as she walks by with a cheerful expression.

Sunny and Sunsert groans tiredly as they need to sort things out before things get worse.


Sunny and Sunset then came to the bathroom to brush their teeth. “They're probably just cranky because they didn't get much--any--sleep, Sunset.” She pointed out, stating that they are all tired due to Izzy’s snoring.

“I get what you mean, Sunny. But to be fair, Izzy has been grabbing our personal stuff lately. She grabbed Zipp’s hairspray and used it all up and ruined her crossword book, and she made a mess in the kitchen and got peanut butter on Pipp’s phone.” Sunset pointed out what happened earlier. “And a few moments ago, she was looking at my personal journal that me and Twilight used to communicate with back in the day. She nearly wrote on it and ruined it if I hadn't yanked it out of her hooves.” She stated, as before they headed to the bathroom, Izzy found Sunset’s old journal when she used to write to Twilight, she nearly draws on it and almost got peanut butter stains on it that was still in her hoof if Sunset didn’t yank it out in time, she took deep care to that book, and it was something that is connected to her and Twilight.

“Okay, I see your point.” Sunny admitted to Sunset’s point. “But that just Izzy being Izzy and... have you seen my toothbrush, Sunset?” She asked while looking at the sink, looking for her toothbrush.

“No. Haven’t seen it.” Sunset answered while grabbing her own toothbrush before helping Sunny looking for hers.

Izzy then opens the door as she pokes her head out, looking at the two ponies. “Hey, Sunny! Love your ear-cleaner…” She brought out Sunny’s electric toothbrush and turned it on. Sunny and Sunset turned and looked at Izzy in shock as Izzy brought Sunny’s toothbrush to her ear. “Oh, yeah. Mm, uh-huh.” She said as Sunny looked on with her mouth open as Izzy was using her toothbrush to clean her ears as she was about to snap as Sunset gags at that sight, clearing Izzy didn’t know that it was a toothbrush. “And my ears have never been so minty fresh.” she commented as she giggled and shut the door, leaving the two ponies alone.

Sunny then turned to Sunset, she then looked at her with a determined look, going to solve this problem with Izzy, because using her toothbrush to clean her ears was crossing the line. “Okay. Something's gotta be done.” She said to her mentor/sister figure.

“Yeah. Because we can’t deal with this any longer, and that was disturbing to watch.” Sunset added, seeing grossed out that Izzy is using a toothbrush to clean her ear and they need to solve this before it gets worse.


A little while later, the four ponies walked through Maretime Bay, wanting to solve this problem as Sunny explained to Zipp and Pipp about their problem. “But confronting Izzy is just too awkward and embarrassing…” She added, Izzy means well, and since she is their friend and can’t hurt her feelings and find it awkward to argue with her over the small things. Then Sunny came up with a solution. “Ooh! Let's ask Hitch. He'll know what to do.” She pointed out that her childhood friend might come up with a solution, being the sheriff and all, he might have the answer they need for this kind of thing.

“Sunny, it would be best to tell Izzy the truth.” Sunset advised her side of the solution. “I mean, Izzy may be a cheerful unicorn, but she is an understandable one. If we just be honest with her about what is going on, she would understand our problem.” She pointed out, knowing Izzy may be as cheerful as Pinkie Pie, but she is an understandable one as well.

“Yeah, but if we do we might hurt her feelings, Sunset. And I don’t want our friend to be crying if we tell her that.” Sunny pointed out, knowing that Izzy is her first non-earth pony friend, besides Sunset, to become friends with, and she doesn’t want to hurt her feelings. “Let’s just see what Hitch has to say, then we can sort things out with Izzy.” She suggested wanting to hear from Hitch first, since he is not too tired to think since he doesn’t live at the Crystal Brighthouse.

“Okay, but I get the feeling that Hitch would just say the same thing I just said.” Sunset warned, as seeing that Hitch might say the same thing she said earlier.

Walking to Hitch’s Sheriff place, the four ponies walk inside as they open the front door as they see Hitch on his desk, looking at his landline phone.

“Hmm…” Hitch was then twirling the phone he was holding to practice his twirling skills. “Ha!” He cheered as he was getting it but then the phone then twirled around him “Wooah!” The wires of the phone tangled Hitch around, he then saw that his friends were looking at him with blank looks, saw the whole thing as Sunset then giggled at the sight.

“You seem to be ‘tangled’ in your business, sheriff. Should we help you get unstuck?” Sunset snorted, as the girls laughed at her jokes, feeling the first laughter they had all morning.

“Uh…” Hitch then chuckled nervously and embarrassed that his friends had to see that. “No thanks, I can get out on my own.” He answered Sunset’s questions as he then twirled around. “WOA-OH!” He cried out as he stopped spinning but then got dizzy after that as he released a dizzy sigh. Hitch then fell to the ground with a thud from his dizziness.

This leaves startling gasps from Sunny, Sunset, Pipp, and Zipp as they look at Hitch, wondering that if he is okay.


A few minutes after Hitch recovered, the girls told him about their problem with Izzy, Hitch hung up the phone and gave the girls some advice. “Well it sounds to me that Sunset is right, you just have to be honest with Izzy.” he said, agreeing to Sunset's advice from what she told them.

“I told you girls that if we were honest with Izzy and told her about our problems, she would understand how we feel.” Sunset added, as the three ponies thought about what the two ponies just said.

“She’s right.” Hitch agreed with Sunset. “As a pony of the law, I can tell you honesty is always the best policy!” he announced to them about the honesty thing in his own way since being the pony of the law, honest it the best way.

“I think Applejack would agree to that since she is the most honest one of the group.” Sunset added with a smile, meaning that Applejack would love that motto of honesty since that is her special element.

“Hey!” A voice yelled out as they turned to a light blue earth pony named Rufus who is wearing a jail hat as he is in a cell. Hitch caught him doing something against the law earlier and put him in the cell until his short sentence was finished. “Keep it down, will ya? I'm tryin' to get some peace in here.” he yelled out as he turned his back against the others as he faced the wall.

The Mane 5 looked at Rufus, wondering what’s got him moody. “Geez, he woke up on the wrong side of the bed, but better than we had this morning.” Stated their tiredness from Izzy keeping them up all night.

“He’s just a little grouchy. Hold on one second.” Hitch told his friends with a smile, knowing what to do as he came to the cell with a teacup, giving it to Rufus.

Rufus turned his head as he saw the teacup as he smiled. “Aw, oh this is lovely!” He said in a happy tone as he sipped some of the tea. “My favorite! Thanks, Hitch. Uh, sorry I bothered ya.” He apologize to the sheriff for his outburst earlier.

Hitch then turned to his friends with a smile. “Of course, sometimes a thoughtful gift can work wonders.” he winks at them, giving them some ideas.

Sunny, Sunset, Pipp, and Zipp all blinked at the same time twice before getting an idea for Izzy. “Ohh!” They all said in unison.


Back at the Crystal Brighthouse, Sunny presents a present to Izzy as the four ponies smile at her.

“You guys got me... a BOX!?” Izzy said in excitement as she grabbed the box and held it in her hooves, not realizing that the gift was inside the box. “I love it! Best gift ever!” She cheered as she held the box.

“Uh, Izzy. The gift is inside the box...?” Zipp called out with a sheepish smile, seeing that Izzy didn’t know that the gift was inside and thought it was the box the whole time.

“Yeah, just open the box so that you can see the gift inside.” Sunset added with a smile, seeing so much of Pinkie Pie in Izzy more times than she can count.

“Oh...!” Izzy said as she started to laugh as she opened the box, but then stopped laughing as she looked at what was inside with a look. “Uh-huh. Hmm. Huh.” She said as she looked through the box, finding a hairsprace, a crossword book, a toothbrush and a blank book for her to draw or write on as Izzy looked at them in confusion.

“Your own stuff.” Sunny announced. “So, you don't need to use ours anymore!” She added with a smile along with the rest of her friends.

Izzy then chuckled nervously, not sure what to say, but she saw where they’re going with this.

“No offence, Izzy. But truthfully, when you borrow our stuff without our permission, you kinda mess them up, with the whole peanut butter and ear cleaning thing.” Sunset stated. “We were gonna tell you this sooner, but we need something to make sure we don’t hurt your feelings, so we got you these, and a blank book so you can write and draw whatever you want, since you nearly messed up my journal.” She added with a smile. Izzy chuckled nervously, seeing why there was a blank book in the box, and she did take Sunset’s journal without her permission and nearly messed it up.

“Yeah. ‘Cause... it was getting kinda annoying.” Zipp added sheepishly to her with a smile. “Hey! Honesty is the best policy, right?” She asks Izzy from the motto that Hitch told them earlier.

Then the five ponies stood in silence as the four ponies waited for Izzy to respond on what she thought about what they said and what they gave her. They stare down at each other as the four ponies begin to sweat as they see Izzy about to become upset, thinking that their honesty and gift didn’t work.

Izzy then stared at them with a sad look for a few seconds until she went back to her cheerful look as she smiled at them. “Oh! Well, in that case, I don't really like these presents!” She called out as she placed the gifts back into the box and gave it back to Sunny.

“Huh?” Sunset, Sunny, Pipp, and Zipp all questioned in confusion.

“Honesty!” Izzy cheered as she explained why she used all that. “I was just taking selfies of my breakfast like Pipp, doing my hair like Zipp, writing and reading in a journal like Sunset, and scrubbing my ears like Sunny!” She told them the reason why she did all that this morning.

“Okay, one, toothbrushes meant for brushing teeth, not cleaning ears. Two, that’s why you used our stuff, to make yourself fit in like the rest of us?” Sunset asked, seeing why Izzy used their stuff without their permission.

“Yeah, I've never lived with best friends before.” Izzy admitted, seeing that she never had friends back in Bridlewood before Sunny, Sunset and the others came into her life. “I was just trying to fit in with you all.” She honestly said.

“Huh.” Zipp and Pipp both said as they faced each other, now understanding Izzy as Sunset spoke out.

“Izzy, is this because you were the only unicorn that is cheerful and happy in Bridlewood? And the pony who never had a friend before we met?” Sunset asked Izzy.

Izzy looked at Sunset as she frowned while giving the answer with a little sad look. “Well, yeah. Before the magic returned, I was basically the only unicorn there who has ever been cheerful and positive, dreaming that I would have friends and do magic like we do now. I tried to make friends back then, but they were still down and depressed with the whole no magic thing, and they didn’t see me as a friend to any of them, so I struck out on my own looking for a friend when I met you and Sunny, Sunset.” She said to her, recalling the time she first met Sunset and Sunny on their first adventure as the group looked at Izzy, feeling sad for her.

“Sorry, Izzy. You must’ve been sad when that happened.” Sunset said with a sad look as she continued. “Look, Izzy. You don’t have to believe that you are out of place, you are perfect the way you are. Take it from me, when I first came back to Equestria to visit Twilight, I saw that the home I once knew had changed and all my friends were gone.” She told her, knowing how Izzy felt. “When we went out adventuring while restoring the magic, I saw how out of place I felt when I kept seeing the changes Equestria was in, it felt like I didn’t belong here anymore.” She added as she started to smile. “But all that changed when I met you, Sunny and the others. After the whole magic restoring thing and bringing the three tribes together again, I felt like I’m home and Equestria returning to the land it once was. And the more I see you and the others Izzy, the more I see Twilight and her friends still being with me in spirit as the magic of friendship lives on. A reminder that my friends will always be with me, and with new friends as well for me to be around with.” She finished as the group were moved by Sunset’s words as they smiled at the Alicorn before turning to the four ponies turned back to Izzy.

“Sunset’s right, Izzy.” Sunny started. “And we should've been honest from the start like what Sunset said to us earlier.” She then walked to Izzy as she placed a hoof on her shoulder. “Izzy, you don't need to try and fit in.” she told her as Sunset, Zipp and Pipp came to her.

“You're already perfect as you are.” Zipp pointed out as the group gave a comforting smile to Izzy.

“Being yourself is what makes you special and a friend to us. And nothing can ever change who you are. You are the only and only Izzy we know and love.” Sunset added with a smile.

Izzy looked at her friends with a loving smile at the words they just said to her as she spoke up after a moment of silence ”Whoof, great! 'Cause trying to fit in is…” She yawns in midsentence before continuing. “So exhausting.” She then walked to the couch as she lay on it. “I just need a…” she then went to sleep as she snores loudly.

The four ponies looked at her while she slept, really annoyed as Izzy’s snoring is really the main problem for their sleep.

“We can work on that.” Sunny, called out, will find a solution to Izzy’s snoring problem so they don’t have to deal with it in their sleep as Pipp facehoof herself at Izzy’s annoying snoring.

Sunset then spoke up. “When Izzy wakes up from her nap, I’ll help her about her snoring problem and about sleep-magic, so we don’t have to deal with it again.” She volunteered, in wanting to solve those problems before a repeat happens before they go to sleep tonight, which causes the group to nod their heads in relief on wanting to deal with those two problems quickly so they can have a good night's sleep tonight.

End of Chapter 4.

PreviousChapters Next