• Published 5th May 2022
  • 5,488 Views, 4,693 Comments

MLP G5 Sunset: Tell Your Tale: Season 1 - JesusG0987



What IF: The adventure continues as Sunset now joined the New Generation as they embrace the magic of friendship.

  • ...
10
 4,693
 5,488

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 18: On Your Cutie Mark

Chapter 18: On Your Cutie Mark

“Clear for landing, Team Pegasi!” Sunny’s voice called out as Zipp and Pipp are learning a group of Pegasi over with Thunder carrying a basket full of balls with the others carrying one ball each while flying through the air.

They throw the balls as Rocky caught two of them in both his hooves with a grunt, and then turned a bit as he threw them to Zoom. Zoom hit the balls back as Zipp came zooming by and caught two of them as she juggled them around as Pipp caught the two more and backflip in the air real quick before she flew by.

Sunny and Sunset then came by with two speaker phones on their heads, one for each of them as they seem to be the coach of this thing they are doing. “Okay, everyponies. Take it easy. This is just an exercise practice. Not a contest.” Sunset advises them through the earphone with a chuckle, seeing that they are going hard on this.

“Sunset’s right. It's just a little sports day, ponies. No need to show off.” Sunny agreed, that this is just a sports day, not a contest, and Sunny and Sunset are the coach and judge of this whole thing.

“All of Equestria is a stage, Sunny and Sunset.” Pipp said with a smile while tossing a ball on top of the other in her hooves. “Hitch, light the lanterns!” Pipp called out through her earphone as well, calling Hitch to light up the lanterns.

“Lanterns?” Sunny and Sunset both asked, once they realized what Pipp means, they turned to their left with their hooves up. “No, Hitch!” They cried out to him, but it was too late to stop him.

“Roger that. Lanterns lit.” Hitch declared, standing in front of a red button about to hit it.

“Wait, Hitch!” Sunny and Sunset tried to stop him, but Hitch had already pressed the button.

The lanterns then lit and floated in the air all over Maretime Bay as Sunset and Sunny looked on with nervous expressions, seeing this is not how it goes.

“Hitch. Not now.” Sunset muttered, seeing this is not how they should be realse yet.

Sunny starts to sweat as she places a hoof on her chin. “Oh. Oh, no.” She muttered.

“Did you say "oh, go", Sunny?” Izzy’s voice was heard through their earphones as they started to panic.

“Izzy, no!” Sunny cried out to her.

“Go?” Izzy asks them again, through her earphone, wanting to know if she heard them right.

“NO!” Both Sunny and Sunset cried out clearly to Izzy, already frustrated with the exercise not really going well.

Izz, with already a cheery personality as it is, clearly thinks they mean to go as she turns to her team of Unicorns. “You heard her, Team Unicorn! Go, go, go!” She cried out to her team of Unicorns as they used their magic to levatiate streamers over their heads as the unicorns laughed and a few of them danced around with their own streamers.

The streamers then flew into the air, apparently the unicorns overdid it with their magic.

“Bogey at three o'clock!” Thunder cried out to Zoom, seeing the streamers coming at them as Zoom held a ball with Thunder juggling three of them.

“Gross!” Zoom said as she didn’t get what Thunder means as the streamers came at them. “Aah!” Zoom was hit as Thunder moved out of the way.

“Aah!” Pipp cried out as the streamers hit her, Zipp and the other Pegasi, Zipp got tangled in one of the streamers, and the results caused them to drop the balls and hit the lanterns.

Sunny and Sunset saw the lanterns and balls fall from the sky. “Everypony, take cover!” They both shouted to everypony around them.

The balls and lanterns crash all over Maretime Bay as the ponies around them try to run for cover while some of them get hit by them.

“Aah!” Rocky shouted as he flew around, got tangled in a streamer and as he crashed into the ground.

Just then, Queen Haven and Alphabittle came out of Mane Melody discussion on the sports game while coming out of the door. “Are we ready to begin?” Alphabittle asks, wanting to know if the games begin.

Haven then looks over head and sees what’s coming at them. “Look out!” Queen Haven shouted as she pushed Alphabittle out of the way.

“Aah!” Alphabittle shouted in surprise from Queen Haven’s push right before two balls and a lantern hit them. They ran for cover as more balls and lanterns fell from the sky.

Sunny and Sunset were seeing this outcome as Sunny’s right eye began to twitch from this as Sunset began to sweat, starting to lose it as this was supposed to be an exercise practice, and it fell apart quickly.

Queen Haven and Alphabittle came out from under the bridge once the close was clear as Sunny and Sunset came to them.

“We’re so sorry!” Sunny apologized to the two leaders of the tribes for this outcome on behalf of her and Sunset. “This was supposed to be the best day ever, and we—!” She tries to explain the situation as Alphabittle spoke up.

“It's okay, Sunny.” Alphabittle assures them, understanding the situation to them. “Same to you, Sunset. No harm—” He was cut off as Thunder came screaming from the sky as he fell and landed on a pile of boxes. “Maybe a little harm done.” He corrected himself, seeing that from the sky can be a little harmful as he continues. “With all of Equestria competing for the first time, this is a big job.” He said to them, that since this is the first time in generations that Equestria even competed between each other since the tribes were separated, and with it being the first time, it’s a little hard for two certain ponies.

Sunset then sighs as she speaks. “Yeah. We can see your point, Alphabittle. And trying to rebuild the Equestria Games from scratch when Equestria just got their magic back and the three tribes together, it’s a big job alright.” Sunset spoke out, meaning that the ponies are remaking the Equestria Games that ponykind once did while competing and having fun. With Sunset’s help, they learned the basics on how the Equestrian Game goes when she used to go one back when she was Celestia’s number one student, but with how ponykind was separated from each other, it's hard to rebuild something that views from how other ponies see differently.

“You are right, Sunset.” Alphabittle agrees to Sunset. “How are you two doing anyway?” He asks the two ponies, wondering how they are handling this since they are put in charge of the Equestria Games.

“I'm okay!” Thunder called out to them from the box, thinking Alphabittle asked him that as he waved his hoof at them.

“Not you, Thunder.” Alphabittle said to Thunder, who stopped waving his hoof from that.

Queen Haven then spoke up as she came to the other side. “Even for a queen, it would be a lot to handle alone, even with your mentor with you.” She said to them, saying that even a queen like herself, it’s a big job for the two ponies even if mentors are by their side.

“We’re Alicorns.” Sunny said to the two leaders as she summoned her Alicorn form to prove her point. “We've totally got this.” She said with a nervous laugh as Sunset spoke up.

“I don’t know, Sunny. Even with me helping you, it’s a big job. Even Princess Celestia and Twilight can be whelmed over something like the Equestria Games. Trust me, I know.” Sunset stated, while remembering the time when Celestia worked hard on setting up the Equestria Games back in the day, and it can be whelmed at the time, including when Twilight and the others tries to prepare for the Equestria Games, and they hit a few bumps but they pulled through.

“I’m sure we can handle this, Sunset. How hard can it be.” Sunny assured Sunset, but still nervous about this but needed to keep it together. “Let the Equestria Games begin!” She announced nervously to the ponies around them as the crowd cheers to them

Sunset sighs as she sees Sunny nervous about this. “If I had to guess, and based on how Equestria is now, I think the Equestria Games are gonna be rough.” She muttered, while getting the feeling something bad might happen.


Sometime later at the beach, Sunny and Sunset are viewing the first game of beach ball with Zipp and Izzy competing against each other in the beach ball game.

Grunting sounds were heard as Zipp kept hiting the beach ball, being a pony known to sports and flying, Zipp had the avantage in the game as Izzy and her team tried to catch the ball and hit it back as well as Zipp gave out a laugh. But then the ball landed on Izzy’s horn, which resulted in the ball getting popped and stuck on her horn.

“Ooh!” Izzy called out as she shook her head, trying to get the deflated ball out of her horn.

“Huh?” Sunny asks as she sees this and blows the whistle for a time out as she and Sunset come to Izzy.

“Hang on, Izzy. We’ll get it off you.” Sunset told Izzy as she kept shaking, but Izzy didn’t stand still as she used her magic to levitate the deflated ball off her, but in doing so, not only did she get it off and restore it, but she also summoned two more of them. “Oh boy.” Sunset muttered as Izzy threw the three balls at the Pegasi, not knowing that she summoned two more of them.

“Aah!” Zipp yelled out as the ball came to her, with still in them, they chased after the three Pegasi as Pipp and Rocky screamed as well as they flew around while the balls were chasing after them.

Sunny and Sunset try to figure out how to handle this situation, but then Sunny gets hit by one of the balls as she falls into the sand while Sunset summons her magic to create a shield to block the balls while also using her magic to make the balls stop and place them back to the ground.

“Fual!” Sunset yelled out to the ponies in the game about the whole thing. “This doesn’t count for anypony here! There was supposed to be no magic in this stage and that we can be fair when playing… I’m looking at you, Zipp.” Sunset gives said Pegasus a look for using her wings as an avantage on the game, which makes Zipp gives a sheepish smile and chuckle at Sunset when she gets what she’s saying. “And Izzy, we were going to help you take it off, but you shouldn’t use your magic whatsoever!” She added, and Izzy chuckled nervously. “I think we can skip to the next game, because this doesn’t count as fun or fair.” She suggested as the ponies looked down at this as Sunset picked up Sunny from the sand and dusting some off her.

Queen Haven and Alphabittle saw the whole thing as they looked at one another and shook their heads, seeing that Sunny and Sunset might have some trouble in the whole game.


On the next game is a running race, Hitch trotted across the muddy path, taking the lead, as Pipp is behind him as she tries to catch up while Sunny and Sunset is behind them to monitor their race, Sunny is in her roller skates while Sunset follows in the air by using her wings.

Pipp and Hitch are both side by side while Hitch got second wind and trotted ahead of Pipp, Pipp then hit a mud puddle as she stopped and looked at her hooves. “My hooficure!” She cried out, seeing her hoofs so dirty, she then gave a smirk as she thought of an idea.

Hitch still trotted across the muddy path, but then Pipp came next to him, using her wings to win the race, which is cheating and not being fair. Hitch saw this as he looked at Pipp who was smirking at him as she flew past him. “Stop...! Flying... against... rules!” He said to her as he panted from all the running.

Hitch then stopped and stomped his hoof on the ground, using his Earth Pony magic to summon a plant vine that tangled Pipp around and trapped her on the ground. Hitch continues to run as he gives off a smirk.

Sunny and Sunset blew their whistles as they saw them cheating, but since Sunny wasn’t paying attention to the vine Hitch grew, she tripped over the vine with a grunt. Hitch laughs thinking he’s gonna win. “Whoa!” Sunny’s voice called out as she hit Hitch as they then rolled down the path as Sunset followed them.

Pipp growls as she tries to bite the vine off, but then turns as she sees Hitch and Sunny about her. The two ponies then crashed into Pipp as they both got tangled in the vines. A Unicorn skipped happily by them as she came to the finish line next to them. Sunny gives off a weak whistle as she spits her whistle away.

Sunset then caught up to them as she groaned at this. “Pipp, you can’t use your wings to win a ground race, that’s cheating!” She said in a stern voice. Pipp tries to speak her reason but Sunset beats her to it. “And don’t say it was because of your hooficure, because this isn’t about fashion, it’s about playing fair!” She added, Pipp shut her mouth as she nervously looked around, not wanting to make Sunset more mad as it is. Hitch chuckled at Pipp being scolded, but that ended when Sunset turned to him. “And Hitch, even though you want things to be fair, you used your magic to trap Pipp in the vines! That still counts as not being fair, and cheating!” She scolded Hitch, who nervously nodded his head in agreement, seeing Sunset’s point. Sunset then used her magic to cut the vines off her friends as she continued. “Let’s go onto the next game. Because at least this Unicorn didn’t use magic to cheat.” She muttered to them as they continued on to the next game.

Alphabittle and Queen Haven watch as this is not going well for Sunny and Sunset as Alphabittle shook his head as Queen Haven sighs at this sight, finding hard for them.


Some time later, Sunny and Sunset are on a boat in the ocean, with Sunny holding the starting flag, for the boat race they are about to do. “On your marks... get set—” Sunny and Sunset bot announced but before they could Finish, the three ponies of each tribes, on three boats with Pipp and Zipp with Thunder on the green one, Izzy and two other unicorns on a yellow one, and Hitch and two other earth ponies on the red one, all race past Sunny and Sunset before they could finish.

“Go!” All the ponies on three boats shouted as they sped up past Sunny and Sunset as they shouted in shock at the speed they were going.

Zipp, Pipp, and Thunder grab their boat as they use their wings to take their boat into the air.

Izzy and her unicorn partners use their magic to row the oars as fast as they can.

Hitch. Dhalia and Jazz use their earth pony magic to make a big seaweed from the ocean, it lifts their boat up to give them the boot they need.

Sunny and Sunset are rowing their boats as Sunny blows her whistle to get their friends to stop using magic, but it breaks off once she whistles.

Zipp then looks at her side and sees Izzy and her unicorn partners next to them side by side. They give challenging glares as Zipp gives Pipp and Thunder a signal. The three Pegasi spread out their wings and started flying so fast, a big wind boom as Izzy and her partners screamed as their boat was blown back from the wind and into the air.

Hitch starts to scream right before Izzy and her partners on the boat as they crash into each other, resulting in a splash.

Sunset and Sunny groan from the paddling they did, but then they see Hitch, Izzy, along with their team partners, come falling down to them as the ponies are screaming as Sunny and Sunset look with wide eyes, having a feeling this is gonna hurt.

Alphabittle and Queen Haven watch and cringe as the ponies crash into Sunny and Sunset. Knowing that’s gotta hurt.

They came to shore as boat pieces while four of the Mane 6 are covered in sand and seaweed from the crash.

“The rules never said our boat had to be in the water!” Hitch frustratedly called out to his friends about the rules of the game that they’ve all gone against. “I should know! I read them seventeen times!” He pointed out while holding his rule book.

“Maybe if the unicorns controlled their oars better…” Zipp called out while giving a look to Izzy while saying Unicorn shook her head to get the seaweed off her head.

Izzy then gives a look back at Zipp. “We controlled them fine actually until we didn't!” She argued back.

Pipp then popped her head up between them as she is covered in so much seaweed that is on her. “I need an emergency re-styling!” She cried out before she screamed and then plopped her head back to the sand ground.

Sunny and Sunset got up and shook the sand off themselves as they looked and saw the rest of their friends arguing to each other about the way they did to the game. Sunset’s face then turns red in frustration as Sunny gives a sad look, right as they turn and see that the rainbow at the Crystal Brighthouse begins to fade in and out, and that can only mean one thing since they’ve seen this before.

“Uh-oh!” Hitch’s voice cried out as Sunny and Sunset turned to the others and saw what was happening. “Our magic!” Hitch cried out as he stomped his hoof to try and use his magic, but only a tiny green dust appeared and no plant.

Zipp flaps her wings as she tries to fly, but she can’t.

Izzy tries to levitate a rock next to her, but it fades out.

Sunset then hoofpalmed herself. “Not again.” She muttered in frustration that their friends competing with one another and the tribes trying to win a game that was supposed to bring them together is making magic to glitch out again, the same thing that happened on Maretime Bay Day.

“This was supposed to unite us…” Sunny muttered sadly about this outcome. Sunset sees that Sunny is sad, but before she can comfort Sunny, Sunny turns away and runs off to get away from the fighting.

Sunset felt bad for Sunny, but then she got angry as she turned to the rest of their friends. Sunset turned red as she marched up to them, going to give them a piece of her mind about all this.

“The Pippsqueaks can't see me like this!” Pipp cried out about the seaweed all over her, not wanting her fans to see her all messy.

“Don't worry, everypony.” Izzy called out to them while trying to keep a positive mind. “Sunny and Sunset always has a plan. Right, guys?” She asks the two ponies, but then she and the others sees Sunset marching up to them, looking really mad. “Huh?” She asks while she and the others feel scared about Sunset being really mad as she marches over them.

Sunset stops infront of them as she then looks down at the sand. A moment of silence was made before she lifted her head up. “What is wrong with you ponies!?” She yelled angry at them as the others flinched fearfully at Sunset’s outbursts. “We worked hard to recreate the Equestria Games for the three tribes to have together to have fun and bring us together! And instead, it turned into a contest of wanting to out best each other and trying to see who gets to be the best of a certain game!” She added, feeling really angry that they would turn the Equestria Games into a contest that was supposed to bring them together and have fun, but it turned into a competition for trying to outbest the other.

Hitch then spoke up first. “Sunset. We get that it’s all about hanving fun with the games, but someponies don’t follow the rules right!” He said while giving glares to the others who glared at them back.

“What if somepony didn’t use their magic to win a certain game!” Zipp added while glaring at Izzy.

“Well sompony was using her wings as an avantage to win a boat contest!” Izzy said while glaring at Pipp and Zipp.

“Well, I was just trying to keep my looks great. If I haven’t, I’ll be a laughting stock!” Pipp retorted about her looks.

And then one by one, the 4 of the Mane 6 start arguing with each other about what they did in each game. Not letting up as they argued back-in-forth of this argument,

Sunset then got so mad that she used the Royal Canterlot Voice that she learned a while ago, and shouted at the others. “ENOUGH!!!!!!!!” She shouted so loud that it shook the beach and knocked the four frightened ponies to the ground. “I don’t care who started it! You’re all responsible for this outcome!” She angrily yelled at them while pointing at each pony, from Hitch to Izzy. “Hitch! You and the other Earth Ponies used your magic to either tie up or catch up to your competitiveness! Even if you wanted to follow the rules, you still went against it! Zipp! You and the other Pegasi used your wings to take avantage in the sky and used your flying skills to out wing the others just to win some games! That’s not fair and you know it! Pipp! You just wanted to keep yourself stylish and not get dirty or wet in the game that you would take riskses not to do any of the rules righ! I don’t care if this is about your fame and style! You just cared about yourself instead of playing fair and went along with your sister! And Izzy! You and the other Unicorns weren’t supposed to use magic at all in the games! You were supposed to play fair, but instead you used magic to make it seem like you were winning! And not to mention how you guys didn’t even follow the one rule of the game since we just set it up! Don’t you ponies remember what happens if ponykind fights against one another!? Look at the Brighthouse!” She pointed to the Brighthouse as its rainbow still flickered out on and off. The four ponies gasped at this and remembered what happenes when the rainbow in the brighthouse started to flicker.

“Oh no.” Zipp muttered, starting to get what was happening.

“It’s happening again.” Izzy said, while placing a hoof on her mouth in shock.

Sunset continues. “That’s right! All your fighting and competing with one another are causing the magic to glitch out again. Since all of you were cheating in the games by using your magics and wings while not being fair to the game itself and to other ponies, the magic and the Unity Crystal starts to fade out again! All because of you guys competing with one another and misusing your magic!” She shouted to her friends, who all have guilty looks on them as they realize what they’ve done by misusing their magic and competing with one another. “Oh, but that’s not all! Sunny also feels responsible for this since all of you were fighting and cheating with your magics, she finds the Equestria Games as a total failure, that it was supposed to bring us together! Not driff us apart! And now you all made Sunny feel down about herself again since me and her were incharge of the whole game!” She added before she started taking deep breaths as she spoke all those words and from the rage she felt about this.

Hitch, Zipp, Pipp and Izzy all then gave sadden and guilty looks about the way they all cheated in the game, and by also making Sunny feel down again since she was responsible for the whole game, and they didn’t even follow her lead.

Hitch then spoke first while stammering a bit. “Sunset. We…We had no idea. We just thought we were having fun but instead we turned it into a competition on something that we don’t like about. And for making Sunny feel bad again.” He said, while feeling bad for breaking the rules as well and for also making Sunny feel bad, this is like during their first adventure and how the events of Maretime Bay Day took place.

Zipp was next to speak. “I guess I got so caught up in the game, I let my competitive side get the better of me and not let anypony play fair.” She said in a guilty tone, for not letting the ponies play fair when she let her competitive side get the better of her.

Pipp spoke next. “I was so caught up in my looks, I guess I was desperate to stay clean. Since, well my style and beauty and all that I didn’t put that aside as well.” She said, regretting letting her style go first before others.

Izzy then sighs in a guilty tone as she speaks next. “I guess I was distracted by the fun, I didn’t see what I was doing.” She said since she didn’t realize what she was doing in the whole game, since it was Izzy being Izzy.

Sunset then sighs as she then speaks in a calm voice. “Guys. I know this game seems alot of fun, but you all used your magic to cheat on the games, when you turned it into a competition.” She said to them. “You all wanna know what the Equestria Games once were back in my day?” She asks them what the Equestra Games used to be before it was gone and before it was being restored today. “The Unicorn, Pegasi and Earth Ponies compete with one another, but we all were a team of three ponies each to play fair in the game. And we didn’t use magic to cheat or make it into a contest of some sort, we all played for fun and worked together while also learning how to work as one. The Equestria Games was a fun way to show how each town or village of Equestria handles the way they are and shows how they work together.” She said to them the meaning of the Equestria Games back in the day. “And I had the same thing back in the human world called the Friendship Games. It’s kinda like the Equestria Games, but showed how to make friends with other people while having fun with each other while getting along with one another.” She said with a smile, remembering the day on how that the Friendship Games not only the event on how Canterlot High befriended Crystal Prep, but also when Sunset and the Rainbooms helped and became friends with Human Twilight (Sci-Twi) and helped her by showing the magic of friendship. “This game was supposed to be fun and bring ponies together, not driff us apart. While we are competing with each tribe, we must remember what comes first, our pride or those we cared about the most. Friends or family alike.” She said to them, while adding the words of wisdom on how they need to stay together, and not be apart over some game.

The four ponies looked down, taking in Sunset’s words while thinking of the flaws they made in the Equestria Games, as they thought of the things they did in the game while also cheating. And thinking about how they make Sunny upset and discouraged, they feel really bad about this whole thing.

They lifted their heads to look at Sunset as Hitch spoke. “Okay, Sunset. We understand. And we will try again and not cheat this time, but we need Sunny’s permission to do so and get her spirit back up.” He said, wanting all them to have another chance while not going to cheat this time, but needs Sunny's permission to do it again and to bring her spirit back up.

Sunset smiled at seeing the others finally gonna play fair this time. “Great. You guys wait here while I get Sunny. I gotta comfort her after all this has happened.” She said to them, while going to comfort Sunny after all that had happened as the rest of the Mane 6 nodded their heads in understanding as Sunset then trotted off to catch up to Sunny and cheer her up.


Sunny was at the otherside of the beach while looking at the ocean water while thinking about what had happened in the whole game. She closed her eyes in sadness as she thinks she’s a failure in the whole game.

“Being a leader's tough, isn't it?” Queen Haven’s voice was then heard as Sunny turned and saw Queen Haven, Alphabittle, and Sunset coming to her side. “Everypony thinks two have all the answers.” She said to Sunny. As Sunset filled in the two ponies' leaders as they wanted to share their side of being a leader while giving Sunny some advice about being a leader to the ponies that they looked up to.

“All these different ponies together... It's easy to get under each other's hooves.” Alphabittle said to Sunny. “You two and your friends must be the same.” He said as he gave a wink to Sunny with a smile as Queen Haven nodded her head in agreement.

Sunset then spoke up next. “Sunny. Our friends are no different with how ponies get on each other's hooves. And being a leader may be hard, but have you ever noticed how similar it is to be a friend and leader and understanding each other's differences when we first came together?” She asks Sunny while placing a comforting hoof on her shoulder.

“Sometimes, I guess.” Sunny admits as she starts to have flashbacks on how different their friends are and how well they’ve worked together.


Flashback.

“We're all so different. It can be hard.” Sunny said in the flashback.

The flashback shows Hitch pouring in a cake mix in a bowl, but then Izzy leviated that bowl and pour it into another with a cheery expression as Hitch’s tried to grab it, but Pipp grabbed it and add some glitter toppings in it as Zipp the placed the wooden spoon in it, grab the bowl and starts stirring as fast as she can. But in the process, she starts having the mixter all over as Sunny and Sunset try to get them to calm down, but then get some mixs on their faces as the rest of their friends look at them with shock looks as Izzy sheepishly puts the bowl down.

“But when we work together and listen to each other, all our differences become strengths.” Sunny added of when the Mane 6 worked together.

Then Sunny and Sunset then give their friends instructions from the book that the Mane 6 are following them as they worked together in a fashion order as they put the cake mix together as they worked together and then put them in a cake bowl for heating.

Once the cake is done, it is revealed to be a pink cake, with stars, a crown and an ice cream cone on top, finished as the Mane 6 laughs and cheers at their accomplishment and how they worked together to create something great.

End of Flashback.


“Kind of like a team?” Queen Haven said while giving a knowing smirk to Sunny as Alphabittle gives off a smile as well.

Sunset then spoke up to them. “Sunny. I know ponies can’t put aside their differences. But those differences can be our strength. If we understand each other and accept our differences, we can accomplish anything.” She said while speaking of words of wisdom. “Even if things might turn out bad, being a leader doesn’t have to bring you down, it’s how to bring others up if you know the right words. And if we work together and embrace our differences, there is nothing we can’t do.” She said with a smile as Sunny then took the three leaders' words as she powdered on what they said and what the meaning of being a leader is. “So, would you rather run away from leading, or go back and lead the ponies to what you think is right? The choice is yours, Sunny.” She said she wanted Sunny to make her choice about this.

Sunny thought of her choices as she then gave a smile of inspiration, her choice was made.


A little bit later, Sunny and Sunset then get the ponies crowd together as their friends, Hitch, Izzy and Zipp, are behind them. The Mane 6 appologize to Sunny after hearing from Sunset of what they did in the game and making her feel down before they brought the crowd together.

“Ponies! Ponies!” Sunny announced to the crowd. “These games aren't about winning! They're about celebrating our differences and working together!” She announced to them as she turned to her friends as they nodded together in agreement, and then Hitch, Izzy and Pipp ripped off their stickers, putting aside their differences and going to work together this time, no cheating.

The crowd mumurs in confusion as to why the three ponies ripped off their stickers and what Sunny is saying as Sunset spoke up next.

“The Equestria Games isn’t about who wins or loses! It’s about how we understand each other and work together as one!” Sunset announced. “And we can’t let our pride get in the way! We may have differences, but if we understand those differences to each other, we can accomplish anything if we work together as one!” She added as she turned to Sunny to finish their announcement.

“From now on, each team will be a mix of all ponykind.” Sunny declared, stating that a team of all ponykind will be working together as Pippp flew into the air while tossing the stickers of hearts, stars, music notes and rainbows in the air. “A representation of the unity that makes Equestria so great!” Sunny declared as Izzy used her magic to levitate the stickers to everypony in the crowd.

The crowd gives awed sounds as they find Sunny and Sunset’s announcement very inspiring as the stickers are placed in their chest.

“This time, we work as one. We can still use our magic, but try to be fair to each other and not against.” Sunset added, going to let the ponies still use their magic as long as they played fair to each team.

Sunny and Sunset then spoke in unison as their friends came by their side. “Let the games, uh, re-begin!” The two ponies said while restarting the games.


A little bit later, the crowd cheers as they see the beach ball games again, but this time, each team of all ponykind tribes of one, a unicorn, pegasi and an earth pony, as Izzy levitated the beach ball before tossing it to one of her teammates.

Dahlia then sees the ball coming, but uses her earth pony magic to summon a big flower that caught the ball then tossed it into the air.

And then, Zipp came flying by as she hit the ball in the air as it hit the other side of the net, hitting the ground as the team on the other side lost this round.

“Hah!” Zipp, Izzy, and Dahlia all cheered at them winning this match together.

Sunny and Sunset smiled at each other and the scene as they see this is going great.


Back at the mud track, Hitch trotted ahead as he tossed a stick to Pipp in the air, who caught it in her hooves before flying off.

Sunny and Sunset came by, with Sunny back in her roller skates, as they smiled, seeing that this is going reall well.


Back in the ocean, the three boats are racing again but with each of all ponykind in one boat as they race across the ocean to the finish line that Sunny is on one side with Sunset on the other, who is flying above the water, holding the finish flags as the boats passed by the two ponies.

Sunny and Sunset blew the whistles as they then smiled at this, finding the Equestria Games a complete success and accomplish their goal on ponykind working together.


A little bit later after the end of the games, Sunny and Sunset are holding a card with a trophy on it, meaning they are about to see the winner of the Equestria Games as they check the scores.

Sunny and Sunset opened the cards as they checked the results. “And the winner of the first All-Equestria Games is... nopony!” Sunny and Sunset both declared to the crowd as they looked at them in confusion.

“It’s a draw, everypony! Each team has the same scores as each other!” Sunset added while telling them the results of the scores.

“Sunset’s right!” Sunny called out in agreement. “Every team won one contest, so it's a tie!” She declared with a smile as she stated that every team won each of the contests each, so it’s a draw.

The croudn murmurs in confusion, before they starts to laugh and cheer at this as Sunny and Sunset gives off smile at this.

“I suppose it makes sense.” Queen Haven spoke as she and Alphabittle came next to Sunny and Sunset’s side as they smiled at them. “The first Equestria Games.” She announced, while saying what Sunny and Sunset means.

“And all of Equestria has won.” Alphabittle added with a smile “Together. Well done, Sunny and Sunset. You two make excellent leaders together.” He added with a smile, liking how Sunny and Sunset work together very well as leaders.

“We understand each other and know each other well to be leaders.” Sunset added with a smile before turning to Sunny. “And we stick together by each other's side, overcoming those problems together.” She finished as Sunny gave Sunset a smile, really finding her words touching.

“Hey!” Izzy called out with a wave of hoof as the four leaders turned to her as she spoke among the crowd. “Can we go play now?” She asks them, stating that she didn’t realize they just finished the game or that she just wanted to go again since it’s fun.

Sunset then sighs at this with a smile. “Izzy. You silly little unicorn.” She said with a little laugh as the rest of the crowd laughed with her, including Izzy, finding it funny as well.

End of Chapter 18.

PreviousChapters Next