• Published 5th May 2022
  • 5,315 Views, 4,693 Comments

MLP G5 Sunset: Tell Your Tale: Season 1 - JesusG0987



What IF: The adventure continues as Sunset now joined the New Generation as they embrace the magic of friendship.

  • ...
10
 4,693
 5,315

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 16: Neighfever

Chapter 16: Neighfever

“Flowers!” An Earth Pony named Dahlia called out while holding a pack of flowers, she is a light pink earth pony with white socks and a white belly. Her mane and tail are pale aqua green and her eyes are magenta, wears a wine color scarf and a flower on her left ear, and has lavender eyes and gray-brown hooves. “Homegrown flowers!” She announced to the ponies of Maretime Bay, with her right eye twitching. “Anypony? Flowers.” She said to the ponies around her flower stand, but they got a little freaky from her and ran off. “Anypony? Homegrown flowers! Flowers! Anypony?” She asked anypony around her but they just kept walking. She hasn't sold any flowers all day which is why she is asking anypony desperately to buy her flowers.

Next to her flower stand is is the smoothie stand Sunny is working at, Sunset and Hitch is there with her with Sunset working with Sunny while Hitch had a chat with the two while buying himself a smoothie as they watch Dahlia desperately tries to get anypony to buy her flowers, but to no luck all day as the three ponies feel pity for flower pony sellsmare.

“Poor Dahlia. Now that Earth Ponies have magic, no pony is buying her flowers anymore.” Sunny said in sympathy for Dahlia as they watched her waving the flowers in her hoove. Ever since Maretime Bay Day and the Earth Ponies getting magic and to grow plants like flowers, Dahlia’s business has been plumenting.

“Yeah. Since the Earth Ponies can grow plants and flowers now, Dahlia flower saling haven’t been good, especially since Maretime Bay Day.” Sunset added, feeling sorry for the Earth Pony mare who is trying to sell her flowers she worked hard to grow.

“One of a kind!” Dahlia announced as Posey was walking by as Dahlia turned to her. “Can’t be found anywhere else.” She said to Posey. But said Earth Pony stomps her hoof as Posey uses her Earth Pony magic to sprout a flower on the ground to prove her point that Earth Ponies can make their own flowers and anypony can find them.

“Ooohhh.” Sunset, Sunny and Hitch all cringe at Posey proving her point there.

“Okay. Even though that was just to prove a point, that’s just sad. Even for Posey standards.” Sunset added, not liking how when Posey makes a point, she doesn’t know that she sometimes hurt other ponies' feelings without knowing.

“Oh.” Dahlia said in a sad tone as Posey picked the flower that she grew out of the stem and placed it on her mane, finding it cute with a smile as she walked past Dahlia, not knowing that she is a little sad about this. “Perfect for a special occasion.” Dahlia keeps trying as she gives off a sad smile, knowing that nopony will buy her flowers anymore.

“It’s too hard to watch!” Hitch called out as he can’t stand seeing Dahlia sad and that nopony is buying her flowers, as Sheriff of Maretime Bay, it’s his right to keep everypony smiling, and seeing Dahlia like this, he can’t stand it, not even Sunset and Sunny can stand this. “I can’t take it anymore!” He added as he walked his way to Dahlia that he will buy some of her flowers to make the earth pony feel better as Sunset and Sunny watch as they feel sorry for Dahlia.

“Wow. For a pony who found her special place, it’s just sad to see her like this if her special place isn’t so special anymore, Sunny.” Sunset said to Sunny, feeling bad that somepony special place and talent isn’t so special anymore.

“Yeah, Sunset.” Sunny agreed to her mentor/big sister figure. “There must be some way to help her.” She added, wanting to find a way to help Dahlia not feeling sad about special talent not being special anymore.

Sunset nodded her head in agreement with Sunny as she spoke up. “Yeah, Sunny. There’s gotta be a way to help Dahlia. Maybe we can go talk to her after our smoothie job is done. So we can help her make her feel special again.” She suggested, wanting to help that earth pony feel special, knowing that Twilight would want to make everpony happy to make them feel special in their own way.

“I agree, Sunset. We’ll talk to her after our shift.” Sunny said in agreement, wanting to help Dahlia as soon as possible.


A while later in the afternoon, Dahlia is watering her flowers at home as it helps her keep her mind off of her no sales lately.

“Hey, Dahlia!” Sunny’s voice was heard as Dahlia turned her head to the source and saw Sunset and Sunny flying to her from the sky. Sunny is still practicing her flying as she flies down to the ground, a little wobbly.

Dahlia gets startled by this as she loses her balance, tosses her watering can to the air as she falls into her flower patch as Sunny and Sunset land on the ground while her watering can spins in the air. Dahlia coughs some of the petals she got from the fall as some got on her mane, but recompose herself as she gives the two ponies with a smile. “Hey, Sunny. Hey, Sunset.” She greets them with a smile.

“Hi.” Sunset greeted before turning to Sunny to point out her Alicorn form is still on. “Huh, Sunny. Your magic.” She pointed to her wings and horn.

Sunny sees what Sunset is telling her. “Oh!” She gives off an embarrassing chuckle as she turns off her Alicorn form as her wings and horn fades out of sight. “Sorry. Um. I’m still getting the hang of this Alicorn thing.” She said to Dahlia with a chuckle, still getting used to her Alicorn magic being used now that she can control it but needs time to get used to it.

“But you are improving on your Alicorn magic, Sunny. Little more practice and it will feel like a routine for you.” Sunset compliments Sunny, having seen her practice her Alicorn magic and is getting way better at it and having more control of it than before.

“And it’s okay, Sunny.” Dahlia said to her, not really hurt, just got some petals on her. “No harm done…” She was cut off when her watercan fell on her head upside down, getting water on her made of the watercan slides off her head but Dahlia caught it in her hoof as she sighs and shook the water off her mane as she looked aat Sunset and Sunny. “Can I help you two with something?” She asks them, wanting to know what brings them to her doorstep.

“It’s time you start growing your flowers with magic.” Sunny answered to Dahlia, wanting her to feel special by using her Earth Pony magic to make flowers instead of working so hard to grow them by hoof.

“Magic? Oh, no. I haven’t got any of that.” Dahlia said to her, thinking she hasn’t gotten any magic sense everypony else has since Maretime Bay Day, thinking she didn’t get it.

“Of course you do.” Sunny said to her. “Everypony has some kind of magic.” She pointed out that since everypony has their own magic, Dahlia has it as well.

“Sunny’s right, Dahlia. Like for a Unicorn, we can do a lot of magic, like levitation.” Sunset levatiate a flower pot and gave it to Dahlia. “For a Pegasus, they can not only fly, but also control the weather and walk on clouds.” She then fly into the air and walking on a cloud with using her wing flaps to keep steady, as if she is walking on a cushion and then tap the cloud as it darkens a bit and made it rain a little bit before stopping as she landed back on the ground infront of the two ponies. “And for Earth Ponies, not only can they grow and control flowers and plants, as you know, they can all be so strong and so fast, they can trott at higher rates better than anypony.” She then lifted a huge boulder that she found next to her and lifted it with one hoof with her Alicorn strenght, shocking Sunny and Dahlia. Sunny didn’t realize that Earth Ponies were that strong when they have magic in them. Sunset put the boulder down as she turned to the two ponies. “And since Maretime Bay Day, every Earth Ponies can grow plants in the way they vision it.” Sunset then closed her eyes as she concentrated her magic to her hooves, focusing on the Earth Pony magic that is inside her, since she and Sunny are Alicorns, they have the magic of all three tribes together, Sunset focus on the plant she is picturing as her hooves starts to glow green and then she stomps her hooves, and then a bush sprouted out that has the shape of herself along with Sunny and her friends while also making another bush that showed the Original Mane 6 of Twilight and her friends next to the new generation of her and her new friends. She chuckles at her accomplishment as she faces Dahlia and Sunny, who are shocked to see Sunset do this.

“You never told us you can do that, Sunset.” Sunny said in amazement after seeing her demonstrate on how each tribe uses their magic while Sunset has all of them together, and herself too but make sense since both Sunny and Sunset are both Alicorns and make sense to have all of the three tribes magic together inside them.

“There are some things you have much to learn, Sunny. You can do it also since you are part Alicorn too.” Sunset said to Sunny with a smirk before turning to Dahlia. “Everpony has magic in their own way, Dahlia. So do you. You just need to learn how to use it. Which is why me and Sunny are here to teach you.” She said to her with a smile.

“Really?” Dahlia asks in shock, hoping she heard right.

“Of course we will.” Sunny said as she got next to Dahlia. “Now…”


A little bit later, Sunny and Sunset have been teaching Dahlia how to use her Earth Pony magic. First, they started showing her the moves on how to use it.

Dahlia followed their movements and then stomped her hoof down, which caused a small spark of her Earth Pony magic. The three ponies watched closely as Sunny brought out her magnifying glass and saw that a tiny flower sprouted. Dahlia looked downcast by this but Sunny and Sunset supported her, keeping her spirit up and to keep trying, she’ll get it.


A moment later, Dahlia moved her legs again and did a twirl before stomping all four hooves on the ground and that sprouted an actual size flower, but then the petals fell off the stem the second it sprouted.

The three ponies looked on as Sunny smiled and raised her hoof for Dahlia to give a high hoof, but Dahlia wasn’t happy since the flower petals fell off as she left Sunny hanging. Sunset put Sunny hoof down and shook her head, seeing that Dahlia hasn’t mastered her magic yet, but they are getting close.


A moment later, again, Dahlia stomps her hoof down and sprouts a small field of flowers.

Dahlia smiled at what she did as Sunset and Sunny raised their hooves to give Dahlia a high hoove. Dahlia was about to give them the high hoove, but then the flowers whittled and died.

Dahlia gives a discouraging look to Sunny and Sunset, Sunny is smiling sheepishly while Sunset is favehooving herself. Seeing that for some reason the flowers keep dying whenever Dahlia tries to use her Earth Pony magic.


A little bit later, the three ponies decide to take a break while Dahlia is discouraged about her progress. “It's no use, Sunny and Sunset. Face it. My flower business is over.” She said sadly, thinking that she might as well go out of business since nopony can buy her flowers anymore.

“Don't think like that, Dahlia.” Sunset said to her, not wanting her to give up.

“Yeah. Don’t give up. So far your progress of your magic is doing great.” Sunset added, during their teaching, Dahlia has been doing great on mastering her Earth Pony magic and the progress is improving as well.

“Yeah. All you have to do is believe in yourself. Feel the magic inside, and think of something that makes you happy.” Sunny said with a smile, remembering the lesson that Sunset told her about magic beeing connected to their feelings when her Alicorn magic was not in control.

“Hmmm…” Dahlia then starts thinking of something that made her happy. “I do love a big... beautiful... flower!” She said as she starts to smile while moving her hooves as they start to glow green, activating the Earth Pony magic as she stomps her hoof down.

But then a big stem starts to grow as Dahlia backs away and comes to Sunset and Sunny as they back away as well as they watch in amazement as the flower starts growing really big like a tower like flower as it grows while the petals sprouted.

“Wow!” Sunny said in amazement.

“Holy, Celestia! Now that’s what I call, ‘Flower Power’!” Sunset added with amazement as well, never seen a flower that big before.

“It sure is!” Sunny added as she then turned to Dahlia. “See, Dahlia? We knew you could do it! Try again!” She said eagerly to Dahlia, who was smiling at her accomplishment, eageared to try again as well.

As they walked around Maretime Bay, Dahlia got so overjoyed of her Earth Pony magic, that she kept making big flowers wherever she walked around Maretime Bay in joy that she finally had something she is great at.

Sunset started to have second thoughts about Dahlia overdoing her magic as she kept making big flowers around Maretime Bay.

“Whoo-hoo!” Dahlia cheered as she laughed and Sunny at this as she gave off a joyous expression. “I've got magic!” She cheered with a smile.

Sunset saw the amount of flowers around Maretime Bay as she spoke out. “Uh. I’m glad that you are happy, Dahlia. But don’t you think this is a little overboard with the whole flower power thing?” She asks them, while she’s glad that Dahlia finally unlocked her Earth Pony magic, she gets the feeling that all these flowers and that they are big, might be a little overboard.

“Don’t worry, Sunset. They’re just flowers.” Sunny said, assuring Sunset that the flowers are just flowers, even when they're big. “They wouldn’t hurt anypony. What’s the worst that could happen?” She asks Sunset the reason for her second thought.

But then as karma hits Sunny, the wind whistles as it breezes at Maretime Bay. But the flowers were too big to handle the wind current as they began to tilt.

Dahlia, Sunny and Sunset saw that the wind was tilting the flowers as the ponies around them started to shriek and ran for cover.

The big red flower next to the three ponies tilted and then broke off from the stem as it’s about to fall to the three ponies. Sunny, Sunset and Dahlia all scream as Sunset is sandwiched between the two ponies as the flower fell with a thud, which caused the pollen to come out of the flower, and since the flower is so big, it holds alot of pollens and it spread out to Maretime Bay, along with the other flowers caught in the pollen explosion.

Sunny, Sunset and Dahlia are covered in pollen as Sunset gives a look to Sunny. “You were saying about the ‘worst that could happen’, Sunny?” She asks rhetorically as Sunny gives a sheepish smile, seeing Sunset’s point and the whole overdoing the flower power thing.

“Ah... Ah…” Sunny then felt like sneezing, and so did Sunset and Dahlia, that much pollen on them is about to make them sneeze. “Achoo!” Sunny, Sunset and Dahlia all let out a sneeze as they turned and saw the amount of pollen that spilled in Maretime Bay as Dahlia gasps in shock. “Uh-oh.” Sunny said while having a bad feeling about this.

“Oh, Celesita.” Sunset added while seeing that all of Maretime Bay is covered in pollen.

“What have I done?!” Dahlia asks in shock at her actions on overdoing her magic with the big flowers, not expecting them to fall like this and the pollen to spread all over Maretime Bay.

(The Sneeze Song)

Sunny Starscout:
You're feelin' kinda crummy
And things are gettin' tough
But it's not time to give up yet

Sunny, Sunset and Dahlia walk through the covered pollen street of Maretime Bay as the ponies around them are sneezing and looking at Dahlia after seeing her being the cause of the giant flowers.

Dahlia:
Haven't I done enough?
I thought I had the magic
But I look like a phony
Have you ever felt like, yeah
Felt like everypony

Dahlia feels ashamed of herself for getting Maretime Bay covered in pollen as she trotted away from Sunny and Sunset as the ponies are behind her. Zipp is flying by while seeing Maretime Bay covered in pollen, and then sneezes, and that sneeze causes her to fly backward as she flies through a Fifi poster sign.

And then Dahlia sees two ponies on both sides as they sneeze as they look at her. Dahlia runs off as Sunset and Sunny run off to catch up to her. Dahlia stops next to Hitch as he began to sneeze, along with three bunnicorns and a racconicorns next to him as their sneeze formed a line as Dahlia ran off in guilt as Sunny and Sunset tries to stop her.

Sunny, Sunset and Dahlia:
Is lookin'?
ACHOO! They're lookin' at you

Dahlia:
They're whispering, they're pointing their hooves

Izzy is nearby as she wears her goggles to try and keep the pollen off her eyes, but fails as she tears up her goggles and then sneezes as she falls into a barrel as Dahlia continues to run off.

Sunset Shimmer:
You tried your best, so don't worry
You'll solve this problem, yeah, you'll see

Dahlia runs past Mane Melody with Sunset and Sunny by her tail. Inside Mane Melody, Pipp is putting a face mask on a unicorn mare, but the pollen was getting to her as she sneezed on the face mask content. Pipp cringed and looked around in hope nopony had noticed, once the close was clear, she stirred the face masks as fast as she could and then applied it to the unicorn mare, hoping nopony would notice.

Sunny, Sunset and Dahlia:
Beause... ACHOO! There's sparkle in you

Sunny Starscout:
And it will shine your way right through

Dahlia makes her way back to her house as she looks back and sees the ponies still sneezing from the pollen as Sunset and Sunny give sympathetic looks to Dahlia, knowing that she didn’t know that it would happen.

Dahlia:
I'd rather hide so they can't see
Beause... ACHOO! They're lookin' at me

Dahlia then opens the door and closes it as she feels guilty about all this, hiding herself from the outside world from her mistake. Sunset and Sunny gives pity expressions, feeling bad for Dahlia and also feel guilty since they were part of all this as well.


At the Zehpyr Heights news, Skye is giving the updates from what is happening in Maretime Bay. “And now – news from Maretime Bay, where neighfever is running rampant!” He said to them, while stating that the pollen from the flowers have giving the ponies neighfever from all their sneezing. “Let's go live to Dazzle, who is on the scene. Dazzle.” He said while the scene changed to Dazzle.

Dazzle is in Maretime Bay with two plugs up her nose to keep the pollen out while she gives them the news in a nasally tone thanks to the plugs. “Thanks, Skye. As you can see, this neighfever outbreak is causing ponies here lots of problems.” She said as she pointed out to the ponies who are sneezing from the pollen all over Maretime Bay.

A fruit cart Pegasus Pony is flying by but sneezes and flew backwards, a group of an earth and a pegasus ponies are wearing gas masks to keep the pollens out while also trying to not get sneezed from the sneezing ponies as the two ponies hug each other in fright as Rufus screams.

Posey then shows up on the scene as she sneezes and talks through the microphone while having a stuffy nose. “Achoo! It's never been this— Achoo! —bad before! If Dahlia hadn't grown these— Achoo! —giant flowers, none of this would've happened!” She called out while grabbing the camera as she shook it. The camera pony took the camera back as Dazzle went back on screen.

“It's clear that one pony's magical mayhem has made Maretime Bay a town under siege. Or should we say "under sneeze"?” Dazzle then laughs at the joke she made, finding it funny. “Back to you, Sk— Achoo!” She sneezes as the pollen is now getting to her as the plugs come off her nose.

Sunny, Sunset and Izzy are watching it on TV back in the Brighthouse while watching the news. “Oh, no. We've made everything worse.” She said on behalf of her and Sunset, since they were the ones that helped Dehlia use her magic and over did it.

“I hear ya, Sunny. This is bad. And I onced heard of Hay Fever through the books and compared to all this pollen, this is a whole new level.” Sunset said, agreeing with Sunny that they really mess things up, and this is a whole new level even for the flower pollens.

Izzy then starts to sneeze again. “Aaaachoo!” She took her chair from the sneeze while landing on her back. “I dunno, I kinda like sneezing. It's like a sneaky nose surprise. Achoo! See? So sneaky.” She said to her as Sunny and Sunset looked at her.

Sunset then turned to Sunny. “Sunny. Normally when this kind of thing happens, Twilight usually goes to us and helps us fix that mistake. Because Twilight would tell us that we all make mistakes and we always find a way to fix it while also helping ponies in need. So Dahlia made a mistake with her Earth Pony magic. So what? She can always keep trying and make up from those mistakes into something better. So I say, we go to Dahlia and apologize and find a way to fix this mess.” She declared, knowing that Twilight would give them advice to fix these mistakes and help ponies in need.

Sunny then was moved by Sunset’s word of wisdom as she gave off a determined expression. You’re right, Sunset. We've gotta fix this!” She declared as she and Sunset ran out the door to fix their mistake.


A little while later, Dahlia was then watering her flowers like she did earlier also having a stuffy nose from the pollen all over Maretime Bay. She turned and saw Sunset and Sunny coming by again. “Ugh! Not you two again!” She groans, still upset and guilty from earlier on what she did to Maretime Bay. “Haven't you two done enough? Achoo!” She asks them but then sneezes on the flowers from her stuffy nose from the pollen.

Sunny started. “We’re so—” She stops when Dahlia sneezes on her flowers again.

“Achoo!” Dahlia sneezes.

Sunset continues. “—sorry, Dah—” She was cut off by the sneezing again on the flowers.

“Achoo!”

Sunny was next to speak. “We were just—” She was cut off again.

“Achoo!”

Sunset was next. “—trying to—” She was cut off again.

“Achoo!”

“—help!” Sunny and Sunset both finished.

“Achoo!” Dahlia sneezes on her flowers again, but then they start to shimmer and glow as the flowers glow colors of each rainbow one by one.

Dahlia, Sunny and Sunset saw this in awed and Sunny and Sunset found the perfect idea for all their problems. “I think there's a way to make everypony forget all about this neighfever nightmare!” Sunny said to Dahlia with a smile.

“And a way for your flower business to be back up in no time, Dahlia.” Sunset added with a smile as well.

“Keep sneezing, Dahlia!” Sunset and Sunny both said to Dahlia.

Dahlia then gives off a smirk, seeing the two ponies plan. “Now that I can do it! Achoo!” She stuffly said to them as she continues to sneeze on her flowers.


Later on, after the whole neighfever thing and the pollen to clear up in Maretime Bay and everypony feeling better, Sunset and Sunny inform their plan to help Dahlia and her flower business.

Pipp is the livestreaming through her phone while filming Izzy who is wearting a necklace out of flowers that are glowing one color at a time while filming the whole thing so that eveypony will know. “And there you have it. The perfect accessory for the ultimate cool pony style.” She said to her Pippsqueaks and other viewers who are watching her livestream. Sunny and Sunset told them the plan to help Dahlia flower business to be back up while also coming up with a way for eveypony to forget about the neighfever thing, by using the changing glowing colors flowers into necklaces so that eveypony would by them.

“Cool pony?” Izzy asks in confusion before she gasps with sparkles in her eyes. “Is that me?” She asks cheerfully.

Pipp just looks a little nervous from Izzy since she forgot about the plan but let it slide and go along with it. “Um, yeah.” She said to Izzy before facing her livestream again. “Now don't forget, Pippsqueaks. You can get your own cool pony necklace at Maretime Bay's one-stop style shop – Dahlia's flower cart! Squeak ya later! Mwah!” She blew a kiss while ending the livestream.


At Maretime Bay, everypony are wearing Dahlia’s flower necklaces, finding it great, stylish and amazing as well as ponies are lining up on Dahlia’s flower stand, who is very happy that her flowers and new flower necklaces are a hit again as everypony has now forgotten about her mistake and they are forgiving.

Sunny, Hitch and Sunset looked at Dahlia as her business was now back up again as they each wear flower necklaces as well.

Sunset spoke out first. “Well, ponies. Looks like another problem is fixed and a pony is now happy to feel happy and special again. And got her business back up again and got her to embrace a new change while finding a new way to sell her flowers.” She said, feeling happy that Dahlia flowers are being sold again, and having a feeling that Twilight would be proud of their success.

Sunny then gave a chuckle as she spoke next. “Gotta love a happy ending.” She said in agreement, finding Sunset’s words true and even she knows that Twilight would be proud, even if they mess up they always fix the problems.

“C’mon, ponies. Let's go to Mane Melody for a spa treatment after helping a pony in need. We deserved it for helping Dahlia’s business come back up.” Sunset suggested, wanting to have a spa treatment from Pipp in Mane Melody after their hard work of helping Dahlia and getting her business back up, finding it tiring in the aftermath.

Sunny and Hitch nodded their heads in agreement, and would care for a spa as well after all that. What they didn’t know is that the flowers start to lose their colors as it drips off the petals, a side effect after the tear thing. Having a feeling they will have to help Dahlia business again once they realize the flowers lost their colors.

End of Chatper 16.

PreviousChapters Next