• Published 25th Apr 2022
  • 2,613 Views, 161 Comments

Smol Packages - 23 KM To Nerdiness



Are you satisfied with your cuddles? ❀

  • ...
6
 161
 2,613

Roseluck's Rapid-Rate FlowersđŸŒč

Author's Note:

Written by and starring as Serenity: Serenity Southerland
:heart:

A young woman with a cast on her leg looked wistfully outside her window at the garden in her backyard. She sighed as she gazed at her favorite plants longingly, wishing she could attend to them.

“If only the accident had broken my arm and not my leg, I could at least trim and water my flowers.” she shifted uncomfortably in her seat when a rapping sound issued from her door.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

“That must be the insurance adjuster.” She groaned as she grabbed her crutches and made her way to the door, bemoaning yet another reminder of the incident that happened earlier that week, “Let’s just get this over with.”

Knock! Knock! Knock!

“I’m coming!” She called, limping towards the door. Opening the door, though, revealed somepony she hadn’t expected. “Oh. Hello there. May I help you?”

On her doorstep sat a pale yellow pony with raspberry colored hair and highlights, who smiled brightly back at her. She wore a visor with a nametag on it reading "Roseluck" and a smol matching gardener’s smock with Pretty Petals Pony Package Service emblazoned on it.

“Aww, aren’t you just the sweetest thing! But, I didn’t order anything from Pretty Petals
” the woman said, mildly confused.

Roseluck shook her head and handed a small card to the woman with that same bright smile.

“Dear Serinity,

I know that you won't be able to get out much for the next few months, so I thought these zinnias would help you feel better. I hope you get better soon!

From,

Seth

P.S. Don’t worry about the garden. I’ll be down next week to help you with it, even if I don’t know a rhododendron from a tulip.

It read.

“That knucklehead,” Serinity said with misty eyes when a bouquet of zinnias that matched Roseluck’s mane was pushed her way. She took them gratefully and brought them to her nose, enjoying the sweet floral fragrance. "This is why I love that man."

Roseluck sat proudly as she watched Serinity enjoying the arrangement, waiting patiently for her reward for a job well done.

“Thank you for delivering these to me. Let me get you a little something,” Serinity turned to head inside, but Roseluck nudged her good leg and shook her head. “What? No tip? I have to give you something in return though—”

Rose nodded, watching Serinity’s hand with a hungry gaze and flicking an ear. “Oh, my hand? Do you want me to pet you?”

Roseluck’s eyes sparkled with glee as she trotted in place.

“Ok, I can’t really reach you from here though. Come inside to the couch and I’ll ‘pay’ you there.” Serinity giggled as they made their way in.

Roseluck darted to the couch and waited, kneading the couch cushion with her forehooves as Serinity limped over. It was a slow enough process that Roseluck took the chance to look around the house while she waited, noting the things she saw inside when her eyes fell on the garden outside the window.

She watched as little honeybees and a butterfly floated from flower to flower, soaking in both the warm summer sun and the nectar the flowers had to offer them and smiled to herself. Her smile only grew when Serinity placed a hand in between her ears and softly dug her fingertips into the mane atop her head.

“Here you go!” Serinity said, leaning in closer to scratch behind Rose’s ears and jaw, which caused her to melt into the couch. "Oh, wow, you smell like raspberries!"

Her little muzzle scrunched up and her eyes crossed as she rolled over, exposing her belly which also received some love and caused her to kick her leg in rapture.

“Aww, I wish you came with the flowers he sent! You’re just so stinkin' adorable!” Serenity wrapped the little pony in a hug and squeezed her, burying her face in Rose’s mane. Both the pony and human sat enjoying the cuddles on the couch for a while, when Rose tapped Serinity and pointed towards the garden in the backyard.

“Do you like it? I love gardening, especially with flowers. It’s just a shame that I can’t get out there right now because of this leg
” Serinity sighed sadly, looking down at her cast. "It’s ok though, Seth will be here next week to help me, though I’m not sure how much help he’ll be. He’s not great with plants.”

The woman chuckled, noting how the little pony in her arms watched her intently with her chartreuse green eyes. Rose thought to herself for a moment before struggling out of Serinity’s grasp and tugged on her hand, pointing again to the garden out back.

“Do you want to go see it?” Serinity asked, to which Roseluck nodded enthusiastically with an ear-to-ear grin.

The two slowly made their way outside, Serinity taking care to not stumble over the pave stones while Roseluck trotted happily through the flowers and plants, taking the time to sniff each one, gathering a bit of pollen on her nose in the process.

Serinity giggled at her display, feeling joy in her heart that someone else enjoyed her pastime just as much as she did. Seth was great, and generally a wonderful boyfriend, but he just didn’t get flowers like her. “Maybe I should start ordering flowers and seeds from Pretty Petals more often
” she giggled to herself as Roseluck frolicked through a patch of pansies.

Serinity noticed something as the pony played. Her garden started to look tidier, and some of the plants had been clipped and trimmed. She wondered how that had happened when Roseluck reappeared with a pile of dead leaves and a little trimmer in her mouth.

“Did you do that?” Serinity asked in disbelief, to which Rose nodded and smiled from behind her trimmings.

“Aww, you're the best!” Serinity said, booping the proud pony. "I wuv you, Rosie. Thank you!"

Roseluck gave a quick nudge before taking a stroll with her through the sunlit flowers.


Comments ( 26 )

Dawww factor is high. Only the boop on the snoot can top that :yay:

Roseluck’s eyes sparkled with glee as she trotted in place.

*squees loudly* :yay:

11229589
Yep, i made that suggestion. Free shared emotions. Perfect harvesting grounds.

Awww, this is so precious! <3

Ok this was cute.

My God, you sir/madame are trying to kill me with cuteness

Comment posted by 23 KM To Nerdiness deleted May 3rd, 2022

“That knucklehead,” Serinity said with misty eyes when a bouquet of zinnias that matched Roseluck’s mane was pushed her way. She took them gratefully and brought them to her nose, enjoying the sweet floral fragrance. "This is why I love that man."

Any man who looks out for your well-being is a good man.

Any man who sends you a smol pone is a Real Man!

This is so adorable and I love it.

That was an adorable story.

All you can eat buffet here for Changelings ♡

New chapter soon?

11253737
I dunno, it's been a little slow. Trying to write my original work a bit.

These are just too cute :fluttercry: :heart:

Chrysalis or Cadance? Perhaps Cadance is delivering Valentine Chocolat with Chrysalis nibbeling on her tail all the while?

The "D'aaaww!" is strong with this story

:twilightsmile: So much cuteness! It warms my heart.

PLEASE tell me there will me more!

11635188
I've kinda been focused on my non-pony writing...:twilightblush:

Great chapter, only regret i have is not to read another chapter :pinkiesad2:

will this ever update?

11863660
Idk at this point. Been focusing on my novel series :twilightblush:

Login or register to comment