• ...
3
 19
 1,227

Year of the Dragon: Start of an Egg Quest

After some breakfast, everyone supposed it was time for the next part of Cozy's tale.

"So, next up is when the Sorceress did her scheme if I'm not mistaken." Cozy Glow said.

"I don't think I can forget The Sorceress. Even if we faced off against Ripto most of the time, we still had some other more different villains to deal with from time to time. I still remember Gnasty Gnorc." Spyro said.

"That's more so because we faced him more recently." Cozy Glow said. "Again, something to talk about more later." She added.

"How were you unable to forget this sorceresss chick?" Rainbow Dash asked.

Twilight opened her mouth; ready to redical Rainbow Dash when Spyro spoke up. "That's something else I'll mention later. The important thing is is that The Sorceress was in command of our most re-acurring set of bad guys who would later be employed by Ripto the Rynoc Army." The purple dragon said.

"Yeah they got annoying rather quickly considering how often we ended up facing off against them. The Rynocs ended up being our most re-occuring enemy force. Sure there was only one other time after this where we didn't face them; which was our second time facing off against Ripto. The Rynoc Army hadn't been employed by him quite yet at that point, but we'll get to that later." Cozy Glow said.

"So the Rynoc Army were a constant threat then it seems. What were they doing this first go around then?" Rarity asked.

"Well The Sorceress had persuaded this rabbit girl named Bianca who wanted to become a Sorceress herself to command the Rynoc Army to capture the Dragon Eggs from an event known as The Year of the Dragon." Cozy Glow said.

"Year of the Dragon? Spyro's kind has a whole year dedicated to them?" Smolder asked.

"It's an event that occurs every few years, mostly only occuring once or twice in a Dragon's lifespawn. While dragons normally do lay a lot of eggs, after a rare Golden Moon that occurs once every few years, it's not impossible for that number of eggs; which usually rounds out at twelve or thirteen a batch; to skyrocket to insane numbers. When the Sorceress launched her plan to take the Dragon Eggs, there had been one hundred and fifty Dragon Eggs." Cozy Glow said. Suddenly Smolder and Spike both fainted.

"...That's...a lot..." Rainbow Dash said, eyes widened to the size of dinnerplates.

"Normally, I'd make an Egg joke but...I can't...not this time..." Pinkie Pie said.

"Yeah. Whenever the Golden Moon appears, every dragon across the Dragon Realms drops everything and prepares for a festival in celebration of the abnormal egg count. A festival known as The Year of the Dragon that tends to last for two years." Spyro said. "And Hunter had wanted to see more Dragons like me, so he ended up following me to the Dragon Realms. Kind of funny thing is, is that on the same night that this occurred, the rare Golden Moon appeared." Spyro mentioned.

"Which meant Hunter was going to get a double surprise: Meeting with other Dragons and getting to know the ones from the Dragon Realms, as well as being the first outsider to be there for the Year of the Dragon Festival. At least, that was the original plan." Cozy Glow said.

"But The Sorceress had other ideas. Bianca led the Rynocs to the Dragon Realms and took every last egg to the other side of the world through holes. According to Argus; the Dragon Elder who adopted me; where the eggs ended up are what the Dragons called The Forgotten Realms." Spyro said.

"The reason why will become clear later. Anyways, we ended up encountering Bianca shortly after me, Spyro, and Hunter all headed through the holes to the Forgotten Realms. She gave us more of a verbal warning before leaving. After her, we encountered Money Bags again and surprise surpise, he wanted us to pay for stuff again. Though for this first encounter, he wanted us to bribe him to release a captured Kangaroo girl." Cozy Glow said.

"How'd she get captured? Those Rynocs?" Twilight asked.

"Ones specifically lead by The Sorceress herself as we'd find out. But for now, we paid the fine and after being let out, Shelie actually used those Kangaroo Legs of hers to launch Moneybags away." Spyro said.

"Finally! Took Karma long enough to catch up to Money Bags." Rainbow Dash said.

"Oh yeah, should've mentioned Hunter helped get the gems we paid money bags in Avalar back. Though this was the first time Money Bags was actually getting actual Karma for all the bribing he's forced us to do. Though after being freed, Shelia the Kangaroo mentioned that Dragons used to live in the Forgotten Realms, and when they were still there, the whole place had magic out the wazoo." Cozy Glow said.

"Yeah, she mentioned there used to be flying saucers, shooting stars, and wishing stones as just a few examples and concluded that there was more we could name that included magic that went away after the dragons left. It did explain why finding the dragon eggs which hatched as soon as we found them was restoring magic to the disabled portals." Spyro said.

"The dragon magic was also rubbing off on me, making me remember specific details of the villains I mentioned before." Cozy Glow said.

"Though that was more so coming into play later. Sadly, Cozy Glow and me couldn't follow Shelia into her home world, but Sparx relayed what happened. So after Sparx followed Shelia, we went to Sunny Villa." Spyro said.