• Published 27th Dec 2022
  • 838 Views, 18 Comments

The Eventual Daughter of a Non-Brony - BronyWriter



Comet's time in the orphanage

  • ...
2
 18
 838

Crib

I wake up. Looking up. Warm blanket around me.

In a room with other sleeping ponies in beds like mine.

Some ponies here are bigger.

One sees me awake and she smiles. Miss Hoof. She's really nice.

"Oh, hello, Comet. Good morning, sleepyhead. Are you hungry?" She leaves and I can't see her, but she comes back with a bottle! She gives it to me, and I drink. Good milk.

"Whoa, slow down there, Comet. Goodness, you are hungry this morning."

Yeah.

I don't let her take the bottle, but I sit up. Harder to drink the bottle that way, but I like sitting up. I try walking like Miss Hoof, but I keep falling down. My wings won't let me walk in the air either.

Oh well.

There are some other ponies here. They're looking at the other ponies who are small like me. Some of them walk up to me and smile! I smile back.

"This here is Comet Screech," Miss Hoof says.

"Ooh, she's adorable!" one of the other ponies says.

"She's a cutie alright," the other one says. He waves at me. "Hello, Comet."

I chew on the bottle and smile at them some more. I flap my wings, and the other ponies stop smiling.

"O-oh... she's a... bat pony," the one who's a girl like Miss Hoof says.

"Well, yes," Miss Hoof says. She's still smiling, but kind of not. "She's unique, yes, but I assure you that she's one of the sweetest foals you'll ever meet!"

"Oh, um..." The girl pony smiles but not really at Miss Hoof. "I'm sure she is. I'd still like to meet some... other sweet, happy foals."

Miss Hoof isn't smiling, and the other ponies are smiling but not really. "Yes... I see," Miss Hoof says.

"It was nice to meet you though, Comet," the other girl pony says.

"Yes, very nice," the other one says.

I keep chewing on the bottle. Want more milk.