• Published 21st Apr 2022
  • 1,050 Views, 17 Comments

Highfleet: Uncharted Skies - Stalin with Da Spoon



After a massive burst of energy was released from the Khiva reactor, Grand Duke Mark Sayadi Salemsky and his fleet find themselves in a whole new world, a world of ponies. And when the rebels follow them, the duke must help defend this world.

  • ...
3
 17
 1,050

Prologue: Tarkhan... You may wish to see this...

Author's Note:

Be advised, this story contains heavy spoilers for Highfleet, and I highly recommend you play the game for yourself before you read this story, or you could just watch it on youtube. You have been warned.

Aboard The Sevastopol, Bridge Section.

Standing at the center of the bridge is a lone man. A man who has gone through many trials and battles to get to this point. He is Grand Duke Mark Sayadi Salemsky, son of the emperor of the Romani empire, and Tarkhan of the fleet. Beside him stands his trusted comrades, General Pyotr Ignatovich Shahin, former infantry general and the duke's second in command, and Admiral Daud Sharif Rahmatovich, former commander of the first squadron of the expeditionary fleet, and originally the Duke's superior, before becoming his trusted friend. Finally, Prince Fazil, last of the Elaou dynasty, and the current legitimate ruler of Gerat.

Together these four men have faced the many challenges that the deserts of Gerat have hurled their way, from countless battles with enemy ships, to the nuclear ash that blots the sky and cools the world. As they stand aboard the Sevastopol, the look out the main observation window, to see before the city of Khiva, and the thing they have been fighting tooth and nail to control. The Khiva nuclear reactor, a massive construct responsible for providing power to much of Gerat, and a highly strategic resource originally controlled by the forces of the Gathering, now finally under Romani control, as the fleet of the Grand Duke slowly hovers above the city. Pyotor turns to the Duke, as he speaks in a happy tone.

"This is truly a grand day for the Romani empire. Now that the Khiva reactor rests in our control, we can finally bring them to the table and force upon our negotiations."

Admiral Daud slowly nodded in agreement. "Indeed, our enemy will have no choice but to comply if they wish to have any form of power during the coming nuclear winter that we have brought upon this world."

Prince Fazil speaks through his mask, in a more somber tone. "With the reactor secured, we can ensure that our people will at the very least have hope to survive through the cold and darkness that shall descend upon Gerat and the rest of the world. My people will finally be free from the tyranny of the gathering, and hopefully, we can eventually undo the radioactive hell we have brought upon this world in our great war against the enemy."

The Duke looks back and nods in agreement to the words of his trusted comrades and officers, as he looks back to the massive reactor, and then looks to his operations command officer, who was currently working at a radio managing the fleet, as he issued an order to the officer.

"Order our Typhon nuclear carrier to deploy a team of nuclear engineers and commence diagnostics of the reactor." The operations officer nods as he turns back to the radio, adjusting his headset, tuning the frequency, and issuing an order.

"Typhon-1, this is Sevastopol-0 Advanced Operational Command, you are ordered to deploy a team of nuclear technicians for diagnostics of the reactor systems." After a short while, a reply is heard.

"Confirmed, deploying a nuclear diagnostic shuttle." After the message is relayed, a short time afterwards a small shuttle can be seen launching from the bottom of the Typhon. The Duke then receives a recommendation from the admiral.

"If I may Duke, I believe it is best we order the Novorossiysk and Longbow to deploy their aircraft on a sweeping run to ensure no enemy forces remain within the perimeter of the city." The Duke nods, as he turns to the operations officer, who is already in the process of tuning the frequency to carrier command.

"Carrier command, this is Sevastopol-0 advanced operations command, you are ordered to deploy aerial scouting craft, secure the perimeter of Khiva, and establish total air superiority." and after a short while, as the roar of jet engines can be heard, a squadron of six aircraft soar by the observation window while a reply is sent.

"Confirmed, aerial security squadron launched, commencing sweep." The Duke has a smile of pride on his face. He fought tooth and nail for this victory, he sacrificed many valiant lives to get to his point, and he was going to ensure that their lose was not in vain.

[End Song]

A few hours later...

By now, the entire fleet was fully refueled, the tanker ships fully filled to ensure the fleet had maximum fuel efficiency, as the aircraft finally return from their scouting run and land on both of the carriers runways, and the nuclear team finalize their diagnostics, before finally activating the reactor, with radiation suddenly spiking, which is to be expected as the reactor slowly warms up. The Duke and his comrades smile at the sight, looking upon their victory, before a worried look can be seen forming on one of the detection system operators, as the Admiral turns to address them.

"Is there a problem, operator?" The operator turns, his face filled with confusion and slight amounts of fear.

"Well, I'm not sure, the radiometer says the radiation is continuing to rise, yet it has no effect on us... In fact, it seems some sort of... Energy is building up within the reactor... I... It's nothing I have ever seen before..." The Admiral looks back to his officers, as they all exchange the same worried glance, before Prince Fazil speaks to the operator.

"Can you not disable it?"

"No, your highness! Its... Charging something up!" The Duke has a worried look on his face, before he quickly grabs the mass fleet command radio and warns his people.

"All crews, prepare yourselves! Unknown energy pulse imminent!" And before he could even pull away from the radio...

BOOM.

A massive burst of green energy envelops the entire fleet in an instant, as it vanishes with a trace... The only trace left is the smell of the burnt methane from their engines, and the reactor as it slowly dies once more, dooming Elaat with it's final breath.

Unknown...

The sound of warning alarms and alerts blare, as the Duke slowly gets to his feet, and turns to see the Admiral struggiling to stand, as he extends a hand, which is grasped as Admiral Daud pulls himself up.

"Much appreciated, Duke... Now... What happened?" General Pyotr slowly walks up to the observation window, a look of astonishment on his face, as Prince Fazil stands beside him, and soon the Admiral and Duke, as they look upon a foreign sight.

Instead of sand, there is grass. Instead of darkness, there is light, instead of frigid cold, there is warmth.

And as the four officers look to each other, they all know one thing.

They are no longer in Gerat...