• Published 24th Dec 2011
  • 6,786 Views, 241 Comments

Half Life 2: Episode X - Kapwnage



Earth has been reduced to dust and echoes. Gordon Freeman has to save it... With help...

  • ...
13
 241
 6,786

Section Four: Route Kanal

Added for mood, open in new link!


Crack! The wood splintered into pieces with the whack of Gordon's trusty crowbar. They followed down the stairs and into a tunnel, Gordon had to smash boxes to get through. Another scanner popped up in the hallway, but Gordon quickly hushed it with a swish of his weapon. The only way through was to jump down into the train yard, so Gordon hopped down and Twilight followed. Bullets shot by Twilight's face, and she ducked in terror.

"What are those?!" She cried out, yelling over the commotion.

Gordon pointed to the ground and scowled, showing her to get down. A train zoomed by, coming out of the combine energy field.

"It's really loud!" Twilight yelled over the train's loud noise. Gordon nodded in agreement. More bullets flew past, and the cracks of USP Match pistols followed. A bullet smacked against Gordon's suit, and he winced in pain. Warm blood oozed out of the wound.

"You're hurt!" Twilight exclaimed, but Gordon patted her in reassurance that he was perfectly fine.

They bolted past the train tracks, dodging bullets and more city scanners. More trains let off their bells and clacked against the tracts. Gordon jumped into a train cart, and twilight followed. He proceed up the ladder, and noticed that she had hooves; making it hard for her to get up. He also noticed she was glowing and slowly levitating, just like she did with the box. She flew overhead and landed in the yard over the fence, Gordon blinked, then followed. Before jumping down, he was shot three more times in the back and the arm.

They landed in the yard and bolted towards the fence on the opposite side of the yard, seeing that it was also boarded up with wooden planks. Gordon clutched his crowbar and batted at it until it came loose. Having a way out, they ran down the stairs that led out of the yard and into a long downwards staircase.

Twilight stayed behind Gordon the whole time down the stairs, with the only light being his flashlight and the glowing of her magical horn. The hallway smelt of burn leaves and cigar smoke. Twilight coughed in disgust. When they reached the bottom of the stairs, Gordon bolted towards the Health Charger. He pressed his thumb against the device and it slowly injected it's contents. Gordon's bullet wounds soon filled with a discharge of the medicine.

Gordon and Twilight slowly walked down the cold, blue hallway. Other than the humming of the florescent lights and the patter of hooves, the hallway was quiet.

"Stop he didn't do anything!" Someone cried, follow by the sound of a blunt weapon hitting soft flesh.

Gordon quickly ran around the end of the hallway and saw two CP Officers crowded around a man on his knees. A woman was standing opposite of them, crying. Gordon quickly ran up to the officers, but they had already took action and beat at the man's face with their stun batons. He was dead on the ground, bleeding. Twilight recoiled in freight; never having seen this kind of brutality in her life. Gordon finished his assault and whipped his crowbar at the cops face, tearing a hunk of flesh off and leaving him in a bloody puddle. The other one yanked on his holster and shot at Gordon's chest, the HEV suit's hardened armor system blocked most of the shots, except blunt damage. More blood littered the walls as Gordon swung at the attackers arms when he tried to block. The crowbar's sharp edge tore into the enemy's bone, and he recoiled in pain. With the crowbar stuck in the officer's arm, Gordon used his left hand to punch him in the face a few times, scrunching in the gas-mask and breaking the visor. Twilight jumped back in fear again, seeing the puddles of blood starting to seep towards her. She shivered and coughed at the sight of dead bodies, along with a quiet weep.

They both ran up the stairs, until running into another Metro cop. Gordon quickly pulled out his newly obtained pistol and shot two bullets into his skull; he came tumbling down the stairs. Twilight had been picking up weapons herself and studying them as they ran. The feeling and texture of cold, hard metal was foreign to her.

Daylight finally shun through down the end of the upper hallway, and two more cops ran down the last set of stairs to stop the two convicts. Gordon's pistol was out of ammo, so he yanked out his crowbar and threw it at the CP's feet, tripping him down the metal staircase. The other one shot at Twilight as she tried to work her gun. A single bullet lodged deeply in her shoulder. She cried out in pain, and with an adrenaline rush, shot her own weapon square between the cop's eyes. Gordon was awed at her marksmanship ability. He quickly picked up his crowbar and ran outside the tunnel, Twilight limping behind. She had no suit to block the physical bullet.

Gordon looked around, the only way over and to the other side of the path, was to get to the ladder that Gordon was not tall enough to reach. A train whistled in the distance, and that caught Gordon's attention. Once the train got there, they would have to jump it to get across.

"How do we get over there?!" Twilight asked, looking around.

Gordon pointed where the train would be coming from.

"I don't see anything."

Gordon rolled his eyes and squatted, getting ready to jump.

"Hey wait a second, I have an idea!" Her horn slowly glowed and became very bright. Purple light engulfed Gordon's head. Suddenly, like a gunshot, he felt lightheaded. Something felt wrong in his mind, and he planned to attack the horse, until it said "It's not the most comfortable spell to get used to, but that feeling will go away." She closed her eyes and concentrated on Gordon's mind.

"I hope she can make this jump." Like a radio, she could hear his thoughts.

"I heard that!"

"What did she hear?" Gordon looked around and shrugged.

"I heard that too!"

"I don't hear anything." He raised an eyebrow.

"No, I hear you!"

"What is she talking about?"

"I'm talking about you!"

"About me?"

"I can hear you!"

"What? But I-"

"I hear what you're thinking!"

"This makes no sense!"

"It's magic!"

"So you hear what I'm saying right now?"

"Yes!"

"I don't see how this is working."

"Well, it's a spell."

"A spell?"

"I concentrate on you're thoughts, and I can hear them like I hear anything else."

"Alright, get ready to jump!"

"What are we jumping for?"

"We're jumping on a train!"

"A- A train?! Why are we jumping on a big, metal dangerous train?!"

"It's the only way over!"

"If-if you say so, Gordon!"

"Trust me!" Gordon jumped, but from Twilight's perspective he jumped onto nothing but bare tracts. To her surprize, a train zoomed by and caught his fall. Before he could smack into the next wall, he jumped on the other side.

"C'mon horse!"

"A-ah-o-ok, uh, my turn. Ok, I can do this." She jumped off onto the moving train, and jumped again to the platform that would catch her. Her momentum caused her to skid, but she made it over.

"Keep moving."

=========

After jumping over fences and killing a few more Metro Protection officers, Gordon and Twilight had managed to escape most of the city's police force and even jumped a train. They were now in the water, swimming through a flooded walkway. Gordon only noticed one way out of the ditch they were in, and that was to go into a metal carrier crate. The sounds of a voritgaunt and human talking could be heard from inside. They hopped down inside the crate to be greeted by other convicts of the CP.

"Good god! Guess those sirens are for you huh? You're not the first to be let through!" The man said.

"This is the Freeman, the Combine's reckoning has come." The vortigaunt preached. His scratchy, uneasy voice and appearance made Twilight cringe.

"Look, we're just a lookout for the underground Railroad, the other station is right around the corner. They'll get you started on the right foot. Meanwhile, let my vortigaunt friend here give you a little jolt to get you going." The vortigaunt rubbed his hands and hummed some sort of religious tune, while green energy shot out of his hands. This caught Twilight's attention.

The man opened the door and waved his hand out, "Now get going!"