• Published 24th Dec 2011
  • 6,786 Views, 241 Comments

Half Life 2: Episode X - Kapwnage



Earth has been reduced to dust and echoes. Gordon Freeman has to save it... With help...

  • ...
13
 241
 6,786

Section One: A Red Letter Day!

Gordon continued walking throughout the train-station and into the plaza where he met even more Metro cops. "Those assholes are always so full of themselves, pushing over citizens and making Vortigaunts pick up their trash." He thought to himself in pity. Dirt plastered the cracked streets that held a statue of a broken angle in the middle. What use to be a fountain turned into a fungous hold.

"Hey, aren't you Gordon Freeman? The Gordon Freeman?" A random guy asked as he passed by. Gordon kept walking and shook his head, for hes a mute and can not speak.

He walked down the streets where the apartment complexes we're located. He had no clue where he was going. At the end of the street was a group of Cops scattered around two citizens laying on the ground. Their bodies were badly beaten, bloody, and bruised from what looks like steel toed boots. The large APC blocked out Gordon's path. He looked left and had nowhere else to go but up ladder to scale the fence.

Jumping down, he ran into a playground. Swings swayed in the wind and old rusty toys laid in the wet soggy mud.

"Metro Police always have it coming. One of these days." A man conversed to his buddy. "They go for everyone. Sooner or later it's gonna be us." He frowned.

Gordon kicked a can and the sound echoed throughout the boxed courtyard he was in. As he came up to a door, two Metro Cops stepped out and blocked his path.

"Move along." One said with a muggy voice. The other charged his Stun baton. "I said move dammit!"

Gordon growled under his breath at them, though nothing really came out for his lack of voice. In his mind, he wanted to grab his trusty crowbar and shove it so far down their throats that could taste their tetnis. He threw away the image and continued to walk through the apartment doors opposite of the cops. He sludged up the stairs and his kneecaps began to ache from constant movement.

He stopped at a floor where what seemed to be an open room. All he wanted to do was relax and stop traveling. He had not gone far, but his limbs we're sore from sitting on the train for days on end. He walked through the crusted broken door and surveyed around.

"Oh, I thought you we're one of them coming down the hallways." A man whimpered at the table. He was so hungover from the empty whiskey bottles that he clenched his head on agony.

"They're coming for us." A woman cried out, looking out the window at the APC that stopped in front of the complex. The large metal tank held its large cannon on top to shoot at the complex if anyone resisted. "RUN!"

Gordon quickly dashed out of the room in panic and made haste for the stairs. Unfortunately, the only way was up. If he were to go down, the group of cops coming up would take him out. He ran as fast as his legs could take him. That is, until he hit the roof. The cops on the bellowing floor shot at him with pistols. The shots rang throughout the air and scattered crows, one shitting on Gordon's shoulder. He balanced his way off the roof and dived into open windows. The only way out was stairs. They broke under his feet and he couldn't reach the ledge back up. Metro Police broke through one set of doors, so Gordon ran through the other. No luck, they came from that one too. One smacked it's baton at the back of Gordon's skull, and his blood slowly dripped to the floor. He went unconscious...

"Ha! No you don't!" A voice pierced in Gordon's ears.

His vision faded to white and the dull yellow florescent lights above could be made out. A Girl's face could be made out above him. She had a very filthy face, as so do most people these days. She had a tan film of skin and her short black hair was neatly tucked in a strap.

"Gordon Freeman I presume? Barney said he saw you on the cameras. He's been working undercover for some time now. We better get going before they-" She was cut off by large APC sirens. "Oh no," She grabbed Gordon's hand and pulled him up. "The combine are slow to wake, but they will. Now c'mon!" As he got up, Gordon noticed bodies of Metro Cops spewed all over.

They ran into the elevator. "I'm Alyx Vance. My father worked with you back in black mesa?" She rubbed the back of her neck. "It's glad to see more refugees."

The elevator stopped with a screech similar to the trains that made a clammy shiver go down Gordon's spine.

"A man of few words huh?" She smiled.

Gordon simply nodded. She caught on that he was a mute. "Remember him?" She pointed to a large poster of the man on the combine screen. "Dr. Breen, your old administrator."

Alyx wiped off the dust on the small metal power box. She pulled it open and pressed a hidden button. The wall with the poster before Gordon opened slowly and a small dark hallway was revealed.

"I gotta say Gordon, you sure showed up in a good time." She grinned and opened another door to a room with stairs. "We're finally on the verge of having a better way." She jumped over the small rails and kept walking. Gordon simply traveled down the stairs in sophistication. "Here, let me buy you a drink." She inserted a quarter in the vending machine. Gordon's mouth watered and he was excited for a good cold drink. He became confused at her when she pressed a pattern of buttons. Continuing, she smacked the side of the vending machine and it opened up.

"It's glad to finally meet you."