• Published 24th Dec 2011
  • 6,773 Views, 241 Comments

Half Life 2: Episode X - Kapwnage



Earth has been reduced to dust and echoes. Gordon Freeman has to save it... With help...

  • ...
13
 241
 6,773

Section Twelve: Ravenholm Part I

(Warning: This chapter is very gory. If you have a weak stomach, I recommend you skip it.)

“Ugh, it stinks out here.” Twilight twitched her nostrils. “Agh, disgusting!”

Crows cawed and picked at a pool of blood. Dull lights flickered and faded to black. Gordon inspected the area, and recoiled at an old, dead tree. Twilight walked up and looked, but quickly turned away.

“Oh dear Celestia, that is..." She covered her nostrils, "nasty!”

"This doesn't look good." Gordon heard growling, and turned towards it. His flashlight shined on an old, wooden building. Slowly, he crept towards it. Twilight, still sickened, followed.

They entered cautiously, Gordon keeping his flashlight on. A sudden creak of the wooden floorboards made him jump. A painful moan came from the shadows, and a fleshy sloshing sound echoed into the next room. Footsteps grew louder and louder; something was nearby. Again, something moaned in agony. A headcrab zombie stumbled over a sharp metal plate and slowly made way to Gordon and Twilight.

"Stay back," Gordon said to Twilight. "I'll handle this."

He swung, implanting the crowbars teeth into the soft, fleshy headcrab. It squeaked and the zombie drew back for a swing. Ducking, he elbowed it in it's exposed stomach. Gurgling, it fell down. Finishing the kill, he stomped on it's head repeatedly until there was nothing but a chunky wet paste of flesh and flood. Twilight had crept into the next room.

"They're all dead." Twilight explained, "The monsters." She pointed out that they laid against the walls, legs spread out and blood all over. Something had already been there. She investigated, but something shoved her over and scratched her muzzle. She wanted to scream, but it was on top of her. A bright flash filled the room followed by the sound of a magnum crack. The body fell off of her.

"Saved your ass, again." Gordon squinted at her.

"T-thanks." Cold, thick blood dripped from her coat.

After a wave of headcrab zombies, they ran through the hallways and courtyards of Ravenholm. With more magnum cracks filling the air, more zombies got up. Soon, Gordon would run out of ammo. They finally made it out onto a barren street. Tall apartments and buildings surround them, Twilight felt claustrophobic. The stench of cooking, rotten flesh and burnt blood came from ahead. Gordon investigated to find a large pile of ashes and large metal poles with bodies stabbed through from the top. Twilight puked again, and looked away.

"Whats the world come to." She coughed.

Gordon read his ammo and health. His suit life signs only read 44, and ammo read 0. Damn, he thought, crowbars and fists wont last forever. Twilight was going to have to start helping. Twilight noticed that too. She began taking note of everything around, making a list in her mind of what could be used as a weapon.

Burning zombies lifted up from the bodies and approached them. Twilight quickly reacted, using her magic to throw it against a brick wall. It slammed like a sac of rotten tomatoes and fell over. As long as the headcrab was dead, so was the zombie. She also took note of that. Two more zombies came after her, except one of them was bigger, and hunched over. Thick, black headcrabs sucked the flesh straight off of the poor soul who became the prey. Its skull was showing and huge chunks of skin and meat tore off as it wobbled towards them. It grabbed a headcrab off of its back and chucked it at Gordon. Contact. It dug its long fangs into the battle hardened Gordon and he winced with extreme pain. His suit suddenly binged toxins were in his bloodstream. It released an antidote and he suddenly felt much better. He grabbed the headcrab and tore it in half. Twilight finished the headcrab zombie off with a pulse of magic. Warm guts and puss-filled organs splattered everywhere. Some blood reached her mouth, and she spit and coughed. It tasted sour and tangy, like sweat.

Gordon jumped on the remaining zombie and stabbed it with a piece of sharp metal. He stabbed it repeatedly with anger and rage. Both heroes, bloody and tired, pushed on.