• Published 3rd Jul 2022
  • 459 Views, 43 Comments

My Little Pony: Sparkling Harmony: Camp Little Hooves - Captain_Cosmos



The Medley kids are off to summer Camp! Time to gather around the Campfire and sing some Campfire songs!

  • ...
2
 43
 459

Episode 3: The Third Revelation

“What the watering can am I talking about?” Refract asked, mirroring Aqua’s words in disbelief. “Are you joking Aqua?” He asked.

“No?” Aqua asked uncertainly. “I…I really have no idea what you’re talking about Refract.”

“Did your adopted parents NOT explain to you who you were?” Refract asked. This was not how he expected Aqua to react. “Did they not ever tell you where you came from?”

“I know they explained SOMETHING to me.” Aqua responded. “But it’s a little fuzzy. Must be my Selective Memory Disorder.” She explained. “Hang on a second how did you know I was adopted?” She asked.

“Your what?” Refract asked. “And I know more about you than you realize it would seem.” He added.

“Selective Memory Disorder. I was diagnosed with it in kindergarten. Basically some things stick with me all throughout my life, and others, no matter what I do, just…fade into the back of my mind and I can’t recall it.” Aqua explained.

Refract stared at Aqua for a moment, before sighing. “Oh ponyfeathers. If we had time I’d take you to the Newtons to fix that but we don’t have time.” He said under his breath before nodding. “Alright, hold still Aqua.” He said as his eyes lit up and shot a beam of light into Aqua’s eyes.

“Refract, what are you—whoa!” Aqua froze in place when the beam of light hit her eyes and made them glow too.

The two stood stock still for several moments and a wave of memories flooded into the forefront of Aqua’s mind, making Aqua gasp. It all came back to her. While her memories were being restored, her sides glowed until wings revealed themselves, revealing Aqua for what she really was, an Alicorn.

The beam retracted from Aqua’s eyes after a few moments and back into Refract as his eyes stopped glowing, as did Aqua Blossom’s. “Ok, NOW do you recall your real identity?” Refract asked.

Aqua breathed in and out as the memories sorted themselves out as her brain processed them. “Yes.” Aqua nodded. “I…I remember. I remember Sparkler, Fleur, Mom, Dad…and you. Refract it’s been a while.” She told Refract.

Refract smiled. Grateful that he was able to remind Aqua of who he was to her, and who she herself really was. “Yes. It has, last time we saw each other was when you were a newborn filly. I’m glad you’re doing alright after all this time Aqua.” He said.

“Yeah.” Aqua responded, still trying to process the sudden recollection Refract initiated. “Refract, what are you doing here?” She asked, now that she knew exactly who Refract was.

“My father assigned me to keep an eye on the Next Gen Medleys. I assume you’ve heard of the now Ex Nobles?” He asked.

Aqua scoffed and rolled her eyes. “Yeah. I have. Despicable.” She said. “And Silver-Mane. Ugh! He’s the WORST.”

“I believe a certain orange Alicorn will agree with you there. Given his involvement in her life.” Refract responded.

Aqua nodded, before a thought came to her. “Wait, Refract did you just say Next Gen Medleys?” She asked. “As in…they’re related to Sparkling Medley?” She asked.

“I did.” Refract responded. “Congratulations Aqua, you’re an auntie to eleven kids.” He stated.

Aqua couldn’t believe it. “My Faust.” She said as she took a seat on her rump. “Sparkler…” She whispered. “I haven’t seen her or Fleur since…”

“Since you were separated.” Refract said.

Aqua nodded. Still reeling from the revelation that at least one of her sisters was a mother. She shook her head as a plan formed in her mind.“I…I gotta talk to Shining. Ask him if I can take the weekend off to go see Sparkler, and then Fleur—“

“No!” Refract responded. Cutting Aqua off. “I regretfully cannot allow you to go meet Sparkler.” He told her.

Aqua’s jaw dropped. “What?! Refract she and Fleur are my sisters! You seriously expect me to just stay put when we can finally be together again after so long?!” She shrieked.

“Oh I’m not stopping you from contacting Fleur.” Refract responded. “Contact her all you like, but it is paramount that Sparkler, and her kids, remain in the dark that you are related to them in any way. At least for the time being.” He clarified.

“And why’s that?” Aqua asked. “Why is it paramount that Sparky and her children don’t know I’m a part of their family?”

“If I had to guess, it’s because she needs to live her life as happily as possible before the inevitable crap storm that is the darkness returns.” Refract responded. “Although sending her to Saddle Arabia was apparently a mistake.” He stated, going off what his dad told her.

“Why’s that?” Aqua asked.

“Let’s just say she nearly committed accidental suicide.” Refract responded, shocking Aqua to the core. “But don’t worry. She’s in a much better place now in Equestria.” Refract added quickly.

“Refract, what happened.” Aqua asked sternly, her protective sister instincts kicking in.

“Bullies. That’s what happened. But what matters is that Sparkler is safe, and happy. And it’s going to STAY like that for as long as possible.” Refract responded.

“I just don’t get it.” Aqua responded. “How would learning I’m her sister NOT make Sparkler happy? I would be if I learned I had more biological family out there.”

“Because we cannot risk her having a magical breakdown and dying.” Refract responded simply. “She has already had two. And both times it really came down to the wire.” Refract responded.

Aqua listened to Refract, and sighed. “I just…you mentioned near accidental suicide. Hearing that makes me wish we were all sent to the same place. So that we would at least have had each other.” She said.

“I know how you feel.” Refract responded. “But dad and I had our orders when it came to you three.”

Aqua nodded. “So…what now?” She asked.

“We keep the Next Gen Medleys safe here at camp.” Refract responded. “We watch for Silver-Mane, and the coming darkness.”

Aqua nodded. She stood up, making up her mind. “Are you certain I can only contact Fleur?” She asked.

“And Celestia and Luna.” Refract responded. “Really, you can reveal your self to anypony in your family EXCEPT Sparkler and her kids. Oh and her fiancé.” Refract added.

“Fiancé?!“ Aqua responded. “Oh for the love of, ok, NOW I’m really ticked off that Sparkler, Fleur and I were separated. Sparkler has a lover, kids, does Fleur have anypony?”

“Husband.” Refract responded.

“So I missed the wedding. Just great.” Aqua pouted. “Stupid darkness, forcing us apart.”

Refract laughed. “I know that feeling.” He said.

Aqua nodded. “So, Sparkler and Fleur are doing alright…have you heard anything from the others?” She asked.

Refract’s smile faded as he shook his head. “No, I haven’t. Neither myself nor dad know where they are.” He explained.

“Oh…ok.” Aqua responded with disappointment.

“Don’t worry though. I got a scout probe searching the globe for them. So it’s only a matter of time.” Refract assured her. “We’ll get your family back together Aqua. I promise.”

“Thanks Refract.” Aqua responded. “Let’s get back to the camp.”


A few days later, in the city of Canterlot, Fleur, Celestia, Luna, and Fancypants were all reading a letter that Fleur had received. Although it was addressed to Celestia and Luna too. Fancypants was looking at the included picture. “Holy Faust. Is that you’re family Fleur?” He asked.

Fleur meanwhile had tears in her eyes as she nodded. “Yeah. It’s them.” She said with a smile.

Dear Fleur, Celestia, and Luna,

Hey guys! It’s me. Aqua Blossom. I don’t know if you remember me but I’m told you do. So here’s hoping that’s true. I’m so happy you all are doing well. As well as Sparkler. 11 kids and a soon-to-be wife? And a husband Fleur? Darn I wish I could’ve been there for the wedding.

I wish we didn’t need to hide this from Sparkler. I wish we could all just be one happy family. But alas, Darkness had other ideas. I’m so ticked to hear how Sparkler was treated growing up. And about the Ex Nobles. Shameful. Thank Faust she’s in a better place now.

I just wanted to send this along to let you know that I’ve missed you three, and I’ll be in Canterlot as soon as I can so we can catch up. And so I can meet Fancypants. He sounds like a lovely stallion.

Until we meet, take care. And PLEASE, look out for Sparkler. I do NOT want to hear that she blew up in a magical breakdown before I get a chance to be a sister to her.

Your sister and cousin,
Aqua Blossom

To be continued…

Author's Note:

Don’t have much to say about this one. Stay tuned to see what happens next.

THX FOR READING!