• Published 16th Sep 2012
  • 4,422 Views, 43 Comments

Original Sin - NocturneD85

  • ...
17
 43
 4,422

The Love Goddess Pleas

Original Sin

By NocturneD

ooo

My wife just waltzed into our kitchen with stuff she bought from Ponyville. Boy did those donuts looked good along with the apples. But I have to digress. I fumbled around with some papers and the mail I received earlier going through them. I talked like I did not care what she went through and made it feel like I was on BUSY mode. Something to show that she was in trouble but nothing was brought to the table yet. She talked for a bit on how Ponyville was a nice place and I would have enjoyed it. Thing was... She was supposed to stay for an entire week. It's only been... What two or three days?

I was thinking about calling her out on her bull shit. But I did not want to just rush into things. Despite the proof being entirely against her. But inside my head, my thoughts were telling me to just burst out into anger and tell her that she was a slut. A bitch. A manipulative pony. And she complained about me sometimes? Unbelievable.

"So how was work?" She asked.

"I don't know how to explain this... Or how could it happen..." I pulled out the magazine and threw it onto the table in front of her, "When finishing drills I found my squad reading that magazine during the break. And surprised to find you on the cover." I shook my head with my arms raised, "I did not want to believe it and thought all those photos were photo shopped. Then Twilight sent me a letter explaining your behavior at a party that you went to." My head shook furiously, "You said I was stick in the mud?" I gritted my teeth, "And worse you had relations with one of her friend's brother in a barn of all places?"

That dreaded look sprawled across her face. She knew she could not get out of this. "I...I..."

I curled my lip in frustration, "You know what Cadance save it!"

"But honey let me explain!" She did her famous desperate dramatic cry, "Twilight took everything I said out of context!"

"Oh really?" I nodded. I reached for my cell phone and pulled up one of the many videos that were sent to me and pressed play.

ooo

"Pfft..." Cadance was laughing among some of the other females at the party. Drinking a good amount of cider.

"So Cadance. How is Shining Armor?" Another pony asked.

"Pfft... Shining Armor..." She laughed, "He's good I suppose."

"You suppose?" Another pony laughed, obviously she was drunk.

"So... how big is he?" Another pony asked.

"Oh I don't need to answer that." She shook her head, "He's fine... just a stick in the mud from time to time."

"I would like to lick cream off of his candy cane!" A female squealed.

"Honey his thing probably is a candy cane... it's so cute." She fell to the floor laughing.

"Perfect for Hearth's Warming Eve." She could hardly breath. All the other females laughed along side with her.

"Dumb ass is probably gay." Another pony chuckled. "Who can resist banging you girl?"

"Apparently him." Cadance laughed. "Whenever he tried to get sweet with me. Work would always call. Saying it was mandatory for him to go." She sipped her cider, "Then whenever I get home he's playing video games with the other losers..." She stiffened a laugh, "Um hello. I'm waving my flank by his head and yet he doesn't notice."

"Wow Cadance can really put that cider away!"

"That's right baby." Cadance chug the remains of her glass. "Come on give Cadance some loving." She smiled at the camera shaking her flank. The crowd cheered around her. The camera slides slightly to show Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy watching in horror. Pinkie Pie just stood there silently acting out of character. Fluttershy did the same. Rarity put her own hoof to her mouth as her head turned to try and find Twilight Sparkle anywhere. Rainbow Dash was taking pictures with another camera.

"If you excuse me girls..." Cadance hiccuped, "I'm going to find me some swag... Hopefully... That big red one out there." She tossed the mug to the side and chanted like an amazon.

"I better tell Twilight and the others." Some pony said with a big hint of worry in her voice.

Then the video just cuts out.

ooo

That destroyed look on her face. She knew she was not going to win this. I had her cornered. Perfect.

"Honey! Please this won't happen again!" She cried. I think my brain fried from that comment. Because of how stupid that was.

"Again?" I frowned. "I NEVER WANTED IT TO HAPPEN THE FIRST TIME!" My voice raised with rage. I flipped over a chair in frustration where it made contact with a nearby wall. "You took our vows and threw them out the window!"

She tried to rest her hoofs on my shoulder to get me to calm down, "DON'T TOUCH ME!" I waved her hoof away. "I'm done Cadance! I put up with your shit we dated! I put up with your shit when we were engaged! I AM NOT PUTTING UP WITH YOUR STUPID SHIT NOW!" I paced myself away from Cadance and slammed my hoofs on the table making it shake. "I left work early today and was lucky enough I was not laughed out of the castle!"

My blood was boiling but I knew I had to calm down. "You have two choices. Either you go or I go. BECAUSE... I... WANT...OUT!"

She gritted her teeth in attempt to fight back in our verbal combat, "CELESTIA WON'T LET THIS END!"

I scoffed, "Oh believe me. She knows." I pulled the bill out from earlier, "Here's the bill for the wedding."

She looked at it. Great shock sprayed across the face. In disbelief she held the parchment to her face and mouth open wide. Her hoofs trembled.

Me being hysterical at the moment, "Have fun paying that off. I'll be back for my things." I walked off like a boss, turned my head and muttered, "Bitch." And slammed the door.
I took one last look at my house before leaving. It was a nice house. Everything was perfect. Well almost perfect. I phoned my parents and told them what happened. I just can't take being in my house anymore with Cadance filling up the place with her lies. The walk took about fifty minutes because I did not take the direct route, the trip would have been a bit shorter if I took the main road as my parents lived on another street that was marked Easy street by some. I did not want to be noticed by any pony and suddenly get mobbed in questions.

I wandered a bit more. Looking at all the happy families that walked by me as I sat down at a random bench. Probably should have decided to keep on walking but... I sort of welcomed the pity as the random ponies would stare at me. Knowing of Cadance's affair. I heard them mumbling, "Poor guy..."

"Man who saw that coming a mile away?"

"Hope it was worth it."

"Great... a multi million bit wedding just wasted."

"Bits could have been used to feed some starving ponies."

"Really thought they were perfect for eachother."

"Gee Cadance sure knows how to pick them."

"Bet she moaned like a whore..."

"Poor guy. How can that just happen?"

I must have sat on that bench for an hour. Just collecting my thoughts. Letting the gossip absorb into my brain. I felt a little dead inside. Sure I was angry but a little part of me just could not understand how I could get this far and let it explode in my face. I felt my forehead to cover my face from the crowd as they passed me by. Just seeing those happy couples almost made me want to gag. A little out of jealousy. I was mad at myself.

I probably spent that hour just feeling sorry for myself. But I had to face the worse. I got up and started walking to my parents house. The place that I was raised. The place where a warm cooked meal was always waiting for me for breakfast and dinner. A place where I can really settle in and think.

It did not take too long for mom and dad to welcome me back home. First thing that happened was mom hugging me and telling me that everything was going to be okay and I can stay however long I wanted until things got better. Dad did the same but I could tell by the sheer disappointment in his voice that he was not very enthused. And yet, I always thought he had a soft spot for Cadance.

Well the whole night was devoted to me. Mom made my favorite meal and lots of it. Dad brought out the liquor and said I could probably use a stiff drink. I explained how my day went and they just sat there and listened and ate with me. Dad gave me a slight scolding on how I reacted but pretty soon after he was done he apologized. Saying he could not blame me for being upset, but with the royal guard it seemed to be a bigger risk. Mom was just glad I was back home.

The night rolled out to be just a slight Cadance bash fest. My mom was not a big internet user but just found the videos of Cadance saying stuff about me from one of her students abusing their computer privileges earlier. She had to dismiss her entire class to leave the computer lab as she watched the video in horror over and over again. She explained; she was steaming mad, even cried in disbelief that her own daughter in law could say such things. The principal came by and excused my mother to go home and turned the class into a study hall. Dad had a similar situation as he was trying to make a presentation to his class at the university using a projector hooked up. His students were obviously not paying attention and he took one of the phones away to see what was so important. Again it was Cadance. However my dad played it professionally and continued his lesson. After class he canceled the rest of his afternoon classes and went home to get a drink but along the way he saw the magazine she was on. He bought a copy and read it, disgusted with the pictures... Well.. probably not disgusted because my dad keeps a stack of porn magazines in his closet and found those when I was only twelve.

After dinner. I took a long shower and tried to go to bed. But I just could not. Those harsh words that Cadance said. Along with those photos. Was just too much for me to bare. I walked back downstairs to see my dad sitting by himself having another drink. Just sitting on the expensive couch they splurge on getting and watching TV.

"Dad?" I walked up behind him.

He turned his head, "Oh... hey Shin. Can't sleep?"

I shook my head, "No..."

"Shock is still there huh?" He asked.

"Guess so." I lowered my head.

"Well. You're welcomed to sit here with me and have a chat with your old man if you want." He patted the seat next to me. Feeling vulnerable I did so. Was no surprise the bottle was sitting on the fine oak coffee table in front of us. "Want a glass?"

At first I was going to refuse, "Sure. Why not..."

He used his magic to make me a whiskey on the rocks and served it to me. "There you go. So anything on your mind Shin?"

I curled my lip, "What isn't on my mind." I took a sip then jerked my head back a bit from the taste.

"Yeah it's a little strong." He warned. "Son... I won't beat around the bush. Was there always trouble between you and Mi Amore?"

I shifted my shoulders as my back was to the corner of the couch, "I honestly don't know. Cadance is always off doing appearances while I work nearly five to six days a week from sunrise to sunset."

"Just a lack of communication huh?" He asked. "Makes you wonder then. Couldn't you and Cadance just decide on a day to do whatever? You know take a personal day?"

"I try to... but often it ends up something happens at the castle that needs all the captains on duty. Like the recent Changeling threat level always rising." I frowned, "Mandatory."

"But you do love Mi Amore right?" He asked.

"I thought I did..." I took a sip.

"You thought? Son you do or you don't." He frowned.

"I don't know okay." I grunted.

"Alright. Alright." He eased back, "No need to get a little hostile."

"Sorry..." I apologized.

He patted my knee, "It's alright Shin. It's a difficult time in your life."

Damn right it is... I explained more to my father, he just patiently listened to what I had to say.

And then said, "Shin... I'm not going to tell you the things you want to hear but this is something you and Cadance are going to have to figure out on your own. But I want you to be honest with yourself. If you really love Cadance then you'll forgive her... But if you feel that she is does not deserve forgiveness then that is between you and her. If you want a divorce, then alright." He wrapped his arm around me, "I'll support you either way. Your mother and I just want you to be happy."

I fiddled with my half empty glass, "That's the thing... this whole marriage left me confused where I wanted to break it off a couple of times."

"And why didn't you?" He asked.

"I don't know... I think I was blindly following Cadance for the past two to three years but up until a certain part I think I snapped back to reality... I had a lot going for me so I decided to go for it..." I confessed.

He just raised an eyebrow, "Shin... it would have been better if you broke it off with Cadance instead of going through with it. But you stuck it up like a stallion so I admire that." He shifted his glass to me, "But I'm disappointed. You weren't being honest with yourself..."

"Dad... it's a bit deeper than that." I told him.

"Deeper than the rabbit hole huh?" He chuckled.

"I mean... It's like we rushed into it." I again told him.

"Rushed in?" He asked.

"I don't know... It just feels like I just woke up one day and found out that I had a really good job and a wife when I remembered earlier that I had another fiance and had a crappy job at the Food King." I tried to make it easier.

He narrowed his eyes, "Think you been watching too many Twilight Zone episodes..."

"No..." I shook my head, "But I need to ask... What happened to Rain?"

"Rain?" He raised an eyebrow. "Your former fiancee?"

I shook my head while bringing my glass to my mouth.

"Oh right. Rain. Well... I remembered you breaking off the engagement with her." He told me.

"Well... I figured that much." I frowned.

"Why do you want to know?" He asked.

"Because I don't remember a thing... I think because I was following Cadance I might have hurt her." I responded, sincerely.

"Oh... Well." He rubbed the back of his head. "Well Rain was a nice girl. Your mom and I thought she was an interesting pony and had a good set of goals she had in mind. You and her were almost inseparable and loved each other very much. You worked a bunch of odd jobs saving up for a ring for her as you were attending the university at the time with her and proposed. She said yes and made us very proud... You two agreed to wait until you graduated but... A year down the line... Cadance would start visiting and make speeches for the classes... but.. well let's say Cadance was very popular because of her status." He took another swig of whiskey. "All the males wanted her, the girls wanted to be her. But for some reason you did too... So... the same semester you dropped out and signed up to be a royal guard. Rain tried to make you reconsider but... you would not listen. She said you were almost in a determined yet possessed state. She ran to us and begged for us to talk to you. We tried to and... Again you would not reconsider. You kept saying you wanted to serve and be loyal to royalty."

"So... it just happened like that?" I asked. "And to Rain?"

"Well... Rain would try to contact you but you would never answer. So... one day, she gave us an envelop and told us goodbye. Inside, was the engagement ring you worked so hard for to buy for her. Poor girl... Guess that was the final nail in coffin for her. Came from an ignorant family yet she was the only bright one. I heard she became a Wonder Bolt and teaching fillies and colts how to fly at one of their summer camps. Only reason why we liked Cadance is that she was a princess and basically Twilight's foal sitter. Honestly thought she an upgrade... okay that was bad."



"Is she still there?" I asked. I gritted my teeth at my father saying that.

"You plan on crawling back to her?" He asked me.

I did not want to answer that. Did I want to crawl back to her? I dropped out because of Cadance? I gave up on my education just to be with her?

"Hey whatever you want to do, it's fine with me Shin." He took the last few drops of his whiskey and placed the glass down on the coffee table. "You'll always have my support.

"No matter what?" I held out my hoof.

"No matter what." He gave me a hoof pump. We both chuckled. Before I knew it, my glass was empty.

"Want another?" He raised the whiskey bottle.

"Hit me." I chuckled.

Guess you could say we bonded that night with Mr. Whiskey.

"Anything else about Rain dad? Did she say anything else?" I asked. Must have three shots already.

My dad, four. "Well..." He rubbed his eyes, "She was pretty upset and wanted to tell us something, that's when she gave us the engagement ring back. But when she was going to tell us, she just cried and flew off. She never came back to class either. Like your whole group of friends just split apart after you joined and stopped talking to them. Rain sometimes still talks to us and we have little chats..."

I let out a sigh, "I had it all..." I looked up at the plain white tall ceiling. Just staring at nothing. My dad just played with his glass. He set it down and let out a small burp and excused himself. But something in his story had me curious about Rain, she was going to tell my folks something.

"If you want... She still teaches flying lessons at the Wonder Bolt hall downtown." My dad rubbed his eyes clean awake. "But tonight... Just try to sleep on it. Remember, your mom and I will support you no matter what decision you make. But a word of advice, the media is going to have a field day with this so just keep your head low and don't say anything you'll regret later. Often it can be used against you, like that magazine and video of Cadance."

"So... what about the wedding gifts?" I looked at him.

"Well... Most of your relatives are pretty saddened by Cadance's actions. Only some of them demanded their gifts back but really, wedding gifts are supposed to be you know... gifts... no strings attached. But if you feel that is right to give back the gifts then do so to clear your conscience. Just remember what they bought you." He explained, not very enthused though.

"Oh I got a list don't worry." He scratched my nose.

He smiled and turned to go up back upstairs but then stopped mid way, "Oh... you don't mind if Twilight and her friend stay here also for the next couple of days right? Twilight is supposed to help her friend finalize some papers for her new store. You remember Rarity right?"

"Oh yeah?" I perked up, "It's fine."

He nodded then climbed the rest of the stairs.

That chandelier my uncle Light and aunt Radiance bought for us is going to be a bitch to get down from the ceiling... Guess I was going to need to ask for help from my old friends. And that was not going to be easy. Especially if I'm going to face Rain...

Guess I'll have a few more shots then go to bed... I got the bottle back out. Yet the thought was still killing me inside...

One...
*Clink*
Two...
*Clink*
Three...
*Clink*
Four...
*Clink*
Six...
*Clink*
Nine...
*Clink*
Eleventeen...
*Clink*
W...
*Clink*

Man that pony shaped maple syrup bottle sitting on the kitchen counter looked hot...

"You would never cheat on me would you Miss Butterworth?" I asked the bottle. I looked at the box of Quaker Oats next to the bottle, "Back...off... she's mine..."

Tomorrow was not going to be easy getting up... I better stop...