• Published 12th May 2022
  • 1,644 Views, 38 Comments

A Snowy Day - The Ancestor



Lyra decides to investigate the Everfree for any presense of humans. It goes about as well as you'd expect.

  • ...
1
 38
 1,644

Awakening (Epilogue)

Author's Note:

Warning! For anyone who liked the original ending, you may consider this chapter 'non-canon' so to speak.

This chapter is meant to be a sequel-bait, if I ever feel like writing one.

Darkness.

Darkness was the only thing Oleg saw. Cold was the only thing he felt. Silence was the only thing he heard. He tried to look around, but found he was unable to move her head, he tried to flail his hands around, but gave up soon enough. A calming realisation dawned on him as the situation sinked in.

He was dead.

It wasn't a surprising development, rather a very expected one. He was thoroughly injured and was in a land that never seen humans before. It'd be more surprising if he wasn't dead.

Still, he couldn't help but frown just a tad. All this effort down the drain, all the time he spent with Lyra, down the drain.

Lyra...

He regretted being so rude to the cute little unicorn. She was fun to talk to and easy on the eyes, something of a rarity nowadays. If only he'd gotten to know her better...

Bayu-bayushki-bayu~

Ne lozhisya na krayu~

"At least the afterlife has good sound design. Figures, they've clearly cut corners in the graphics department... And the story department... In all other departments too, really."

He 'looked around' with his 'eyes' noticing a small point of white, steadily growing bigger, blinding him.

"Well, guess I spoke too soon. Still a shitty preamble."


A melodic humming reverberated off the walls of the hospital ward as Lyra sat on a soft chair beside the bed, her hoof on the patient's right hand. She hummed a familiar tune, waiting patiently for him to wake up. "He will wake up." She kept telling herself. "There's no way he won't." She looked at the timberwolf curled up beside her seat. "He has to."

The hand under her hoof flinched, prompting her to squueze it in her hoof, looking hopefully at the man's face. She watched with bated breath as his groggy eyes fluttered open, looking around the room, before focusing on Lyra.

"Christ Almighty, your singing yanked me from the grave..." He croaked, his voice hoarse from not talking for some time. "Safe to say, your vocals need a lot of work." He teased.

A dumb smile spread through Lyra's face as she lead forwards and embraced the man, careful not to hug him too hard. "I missed you."

"You're not the only one." He said as DD woke up, stading on his back legs pawing at his hand. The timberwolf growled a little at the words. "What I meant to say, is..." He sighed happily, hugging the mare as hard as he could.

"I've missed you too, Lyra. More than you can imagine."

Comments ( 10 )

To be honest, your last chapter left Oleg's fate open-ended. He believed he was dying, but the story never said he actually died. The epilogue makes it clear that he just passed out. Personally, I appreciate the clarification.

Speaking for myself, I prefer a happy ending, even if (perhaps especially if) we have to struggle to earn it. There's enough tragedy in the world that there's no need to invent more.

Favorite added.

11245240
Guess the ending was a bit more sweet than bitter.:raritywink:
In hindsight, the chapter's title should have been a dead giveaway.

I'll keep an eye on you, in case you do decide to make that sequel.

11245952
What can I say? I'm a sucker for happy endings. :twilightsheepish:

As for a sequel...

'Foals of Liberty' is my priority right now, but if an idea pops into my head, I'll post it.

11245932
No pain, no gain, am I right?

Glad you liked the story!

A melodic humming reverberated off the walls of the hospital ward as Lyra sat on a soft chair beside the bed, her hoof on the patient's right hand. She hummed a familiar tune, waiting patiently for him to wake up. " He sill wake up. " She kept telling herself. " There's no way he won't. " She looked at the timberwolf curled up beside her seat. " He has to. "

He will wake up*

Le epic story, really! One of the best I've ever read!

"Sorry for being late and shit to the final chapter of this story, but it ends on a good note..."
Coming Back,
Sincerely,
-Ya Boi Satan

I loved the fanfic but I do hope it gets a sequel because I wanted a better ending and idk why but when oleg said "fuck you too, candyhair." I laughed

It has been about 2 years now, are we going to see a sequel?

Login or register to comment