• Published 31st Mar 2022
  • 869 Views, 28 Comments

Enforcing Change - Scootaboom1



By pretending to have a special power to explain his knowledge Nightlight manipulates everyone around him for the future.

  • ...
7
 28
 869

Ch 28 Starlight Glimmer & Sunset Shimmers (rewrite)

Nightlight

While it is true that Starlight Glimmer made a time travel spell.

I also did in fact I even used her spell as a base for my own what if spell.

Starlight Glimmer

When I arrived in the map room of Princess Twilight Sparkle I was greeted by a familiar shadow.

When I had left to start my village I encountered it.

It had only given me cryptic advice and left.

Now it was here and with a gift apparently.

Something that it would no longer need.

I looked over the scroll that it had given me.

It was a spell that let you what would happen.

This could only mean one thing.

Something would go wrong.

So I used it to see what would happen but what I saw was only my own failing.

I tried again.

I tried again.

I tried again.

Over and over again.

My ambition only lead to calamity.

"Why?"

"Why?"

"Why?"

"Why?"

"Why!?"

Nightlight

Eventually Starlight Glimmer was curled up into a ball crying at the base of the table.

She didn't even notice the portal that opened up above the table suck up her spell.

I sent my own spell up with it.

Now I just had to make sure that Twilight would not notice Sunset Shimmer trying to contact her.

The shadow copy in Sunset Shimmer will also make sure that she fixes the crack at the top of the statue pedestal.

Back in my original world I remember learning that some how the original human Sunset Shimmer was supposed to have been trapped between worlds.

If that is the case then a swirling vortex of doom in the sky is probably the best bet of getting her out.

Though I have a rough idea of when pony Sunset Shimmer arrived but I don't know when human Sunset would have been thrown in the void between worlds or how it would affect her.

If she was still alive then this should be the best time to save her.

Or put her out of her misery.

Since Twilight should be dealing with Starlight Glimmer right about now I will be uninterrupted.

Twilight Sparkle

Despite what Spike kept telling me I could not shake the feeling that I had seen Starlight.

I really hoped that I was wrong but I heard a strange sound coming from the map room.

As Spike and I approached we realized that it was sobbing.

As we walked around the table to the source of it we saw no other than Starlight Glimmer.

She was a mess.

What could have happened to her?

Well it I was going to get any answers from her I would need to get her to calm down first.

Nightlight

This could not be right.

I used a spell to locate and view the human Sunset Shimmer from when pony Sunset arrived but nothing was happening.

There has to be a reason for human Sunset to have disappeared just before pony Sunset arrived.

This does not make sense...

...

...

...

...

Unless...

I take her from there myself.

One of human Sunset Shimmers' Parents

It was a perfectly normal day.

It had started to rain around noon but that's about it.

Sunset was finishing up her dinner when suddenly she was just...
...
...gone.

We had no idea what was going on but it scared us.

The rain died down as we drove around town looking for any signs of her.

Eventually we saw her, or at least someone who looked like her.

She was Sunset but not the one we knew.

Believe it or not she was from another dimension.

She would not give all the details but from the sound of what she did tell us she could not return home if she wanted.

We helped her adapt to her new form and life.

She said that when she was finally ready to return to her own world she would do what she could to look for our Sunset.

Even so I don't think she really meant it, our Sunset Shimmer is gone.

Nightlight

Sunset's human parents worked jobs that required them to travel a lot and after their Sunset disappeared they worked even more often.

Sunset had eventually forgotten her promise but with all that was going on I wouldn't blame her.

Due to the method I which I brought human Sunset here she was physically about the age of the crusaders maybe even a little younger.

Since I can't just bring her to Canterlot or leave her in Ponyville I would have to find another solution.

Since she did not have Sunsets' cutie mark it would be much easier to seal her memories and dump her in a random town.

Unfortunately orphans are uncommon in Equestria so I will have to be careful about where.

In the end I almost just turned her to stone and put her in my basement but then I realized that I could leave her stoned in the area just outside the Crystal Empire.

With how many things have been forgotten in the snow a filly who had been turned to stone and lost her memory would not be to strange.

After casting a spell to change her colors it won't be a problem.

I can even have her remember slowly over time.

Well that is if some pony finds her.

Twilight had still taken Starlight as a student much to the dismay of her friends.

When it came time for the Crystalling I actually noticed her with a family already.

If I had to guess they probably didn't want another Sombra situation so I guess they chose to adopt her quick.

She was still learning to talk though.