• Published 31st Mar 2022
  • 865 Views, 28 Comments

Enforcing Change - Scootaboom1



By pretending to have a special power to explain his knowledge Nightlight manipulates everyone around him for the future.

  • ...
7
 28
 865

Ch 25 A Canterlot Wedding (rewrite)

Nightlight

As Velvet and I made sure that we were involved in the planning of the wedding I wondered what was keeping Shining Armor and Cadance.

When I heard a knock at the front door.

Velvet went to answer.

As if on que Cadances' voice rang through the house.

Though it was pretty obvious that it was Chrysalis since Cadance would have just walked in with Shining.

Shining was showing signs of being under the effects of a changeling mind hex.

When this was over he could expect me to grill him over this when we were done here.

Well he would if it were not for the Sombra and Crystal Empire situation that would soon come up.

To not tip off Shining about Chrysalis Velvet merely poked fun at her.

Velvet was really good that verbally jabbing others without them noticing.

It was hard not to laugh.

Cadance

When I came face to face with well myself I didn't even have time to think before I was sent to the caves beneath Canterlot.

Oh please be safe Shining Armor.

Nightlight

Twilight was having her little freak out about Cadance being evil.

I mean really Twilight the real Cadance was your favorite person in the whole wide world.

Then again the two of you got too busy to see each other for a while but still.

When Twilight was eventually sent to the caves beneath Canterlot I was already prepared to lead them through the caves.

Cadance

After what I could only guess was two or three days of being in these caves I heard muffled voices.

While I been under here I thought about what that imposter could have been.

Eventually I remembered a creature that may be it.

As I made my way to where the voices were coming from the wall suddenly exploded.

On the other side of what was once a wall Twilight stood with an almost feral growl.

A growl that was directed at me.

From the sound of it she had encountered the imposter.

Despite her anger I managed to convince her that I was the Cadance she remembered and that the one that sent her here was a fake.

Now we had to work together to escape the caves beneath Canterlot.

I noticed a glimpse of light which had led me to our current location.

Together with Twilight we continued forward.

Twilight told me what day it actually was and I sighed.

Today was supposed to be perfect.

Eventually we found a minecart leading into the dark but the glimpse of light lead there.

We heard the sound of the wedding above us and before I could give up hope Twilight saw an exit.

Only our path was now blocked by my bridesmaids.

Nightlight

I made sure that the bridesmaids would be okay.

Twilight

As we made our way into the reception hall the guest gasped as Cadance entered.

She explained that the imposter was a changeling a creature took the place of someone who you love and feeding on your love for them.

Honestly I find it fascinating.

I had read references of them in books.

I had so many questions but now was not the time.

Chrysalis

When it came time to have my clash with Celestia I was worried that she would actually overwhelm me during our clash but to my amazement I was more powerful than I thought.

Shining Armor's love gave me more power than I expected.

Shining Armor

When I was woken up by Cadance during the invasion I was confused to say the least.

I had a vague recollection of what happened when I was under mind control but I couldn't remember anything specific.

But from the look of it I could figure out what was happening.

The lean tall form of the changeling queen as she chuckled in victory told me everything.

Twilight told me to perform my spell but I did not think that I had it in me to cast it.

I looked out the window.

The streets of Canterlot were overwhelmed with the black forms of the changeling army.

I attempted to cast it but I did not have the power.

Darn it.

Way was I not strong enough.

Cadance embraced me and said that her love would give me strength.

I remembered what happened on my camping trip with dad.

I am supposed to be the one who was protecting others, but look at me now.

Being saved by the one that I swore to protect.

I could not let this happen again.

I want to be able to be the one to protect my loved ones.

As Cadances' love flowed through me I felt more from somewhere else.

Equestria has faced many threats in the past.

And many had fallen to protect it and all that they love.

If only I could reach out to it.

I asked if it would lend me it's power.

Chrysalis

As my changelings and I were being blasted out of Canterlot I was shocked.

Not only was the wave of magic filled with love but also a determination to protect.

We were gathering love from the blast as it throw us out but something was getting in the way.

It looked like soldiers.

Nightlight

Chrysalis had landed in the land with the little kitten creatures as expected but something I did not expect happened.

In many fanfictions Shining Armor would become an alicorn years later, but not during the events of A Canterlot Wedding.

I'm going to be honest I had not expected it.

Chrysalis was not even upset about it.

She was upset about Thorax abandoning the hive but I managed to convince her to not hunt him down.

After all he will come to her when the time comes.

Twilight

It was unfortunate that I couldn't interview any changelings.

We know so little of them.

There is so much I want to know about them.

Their history, their biology, and their way of life.

Trick Star

I couldn't believe it.

Those changelings are terrible.

They destroyed my petunias.

How could they?