• Published 31st Mar 2022
  • 869 Views, 28 Comments

Enforcing Change - Scootaboom1



By pretending to have a special power to explain his knowledge Nightlight manipulates everyone around him for the future.

  • ...
7
 28
 869

Ch 21 The Everfree Tragedy (rewrite)

Nightlight

Twilight was now eleven going on twelve.

But that is not what I will be focusing on.

Rarity was still working on using her magic to locate gems.

Since she had yet to learn of the gem caves not that her parents would let her go that far at her age.

The thing about children is that they are sometimes oblivious to how much danger they are in.

Rarity had wandered into the Everfree Forest.

Aside from myself two others had also noticed.

Bright Mac and Pear Butter.

Ever since Apple Bloom had been born I knew that it would only be a matter of time before they were going to meet their end.

They were a nice pair.

I would sometimes buy zap apple jam and other apple products when I pass by Ponyville.

The whole apple family is really.

Though that is what makes what will happen all the harder.

The little crusader is far too young to remember them.

She will have to grow up not knowing what what they are like.

The Apple Family are nice ponies.

Nicer than most even if they can be somewhat superstitious but they can work past that.

With the orchard being right next to the Everfree Forest they had a bit less fear of it.

When Bright Mac and Pear Butter eventually found Rarity she was being chased by three of the Everfree Forest's monsters.

Fortunately this was somewhat close to the edge of the forest.

Rarity

Why...

Why did I have to wonder into the Everfree Forest of all places?

As the wooden beasts began to close in on me I screamed.

But before I knew it something hit one of them.

I recognized the voices and forms of Mr Bright Mac and Miss Butter Cup.

As they got between me and the monsters they told me to run in a direction and to not stop until I was in town.

As I ran out of the small clearing I looked back.

The two of them fell off the a ledge into the river with one of the beast biting into a neck.

It happened so fast and I was so panicked that I couldn't remember who it was.

There was still one that was now further behind.

As I was running out of the forest I heard voices but I ignored them and continued to run.

I heard the creature cry out in pain.

Before I knew it I was in the middle of town and collapsed.

Nightlight

After blasting the timber wolf I told the guards who were with me to go in the forest and search for the couple will I went in search of the filly.

Though I know that they would not be found alive.

I fallowed Rarity to the center of town and made sure that she was okay.

Though they could not find the bodies of the two they did find a bloody hat and bows.

Rarity was going to need some kind of therapy and if there was any cost I would pay it under the table.

When Rarity woke up I was still with her.

She asked me what happened to Bright Mac and Butter Cup.

I sighed but said that they had yet to be found.

When she asked how she got back I said that their act of generosity had saved her much to her confusion.

It was at about this point that her parents had arrived and I left her to them.

As I made my way back home from my trip to Ponyville I thought about what I had done.

What the no pony would have realized is that I had shadow copies replace the timber wolves and Bright Mac and Pear Butter.

As for the real ones I had cast spells on them to knock them out.

Now those stasis chambers in my secret basement have contents.

I don't think I can go by Sweet Apple Acres for a long time.

Fortunately there is not much left to do till Nightmare Moon returns.

As time passed I noticed a secret room in Canterlot Castle that Celestia kept dangerous things in.

I remembered the room from the Cosmos storyline in the comics which revolved around Discords' crazy ex.

I managed to find it.

The Star that I would need to feed to Spike.

While I won't be able to get them all now I will eventually.

Though I was annoyed with how terrible the security to this room was.

I will have to keep it in mind for later.

Author's Note:

The next chapter should involve the events of the series.