• Published 31st Mar 2022
  • 869 Views, 28 Comments

Enforcing Change - Scootaboom1



By pretending to have a special power to explain his knowledge Nightlight manipulates everyone around him for the future.

  • ...
7
 28
 869

Ch 16 Cadance Ascends (rewrite)

Cadance

When I was stuffed in a sack I was originally scared of what would happen.

Then I learned why they were doing this.

When their former king Bashmu was killed in his dieing breathes he cast a spell that banished his subjects to the aither.

Though the real reason he did this was to prevent them from finding the antidote.

One of the many terrible things that he did to keep control over his subjects was render them infertile. So if any of them wanted children they would have to go directly to him even for permission.

He kept the formula for both the poison and antidote hidden.

By the time the naga returned any documents that could have held the formula had long since decayed.

When their princess was younger she had caught a glance of the formula.

With her skill in alchemy she has been working to recreate it.

When I was left in the alchemy lab I was curious about what the princess would be like.

Apparently I was enough for what she needed.

But something was wrong with her.

She keeps muttering about how the other ingredients were not good enough.

Repeatedly.

Then she said that it was not enough to revive the king before shacking her head and that she shouldn't.

It reminded me of the really old stallion who apparently lost some marbles.

It started to make even more sense when a green fog came out of her mouth and took the form of a head that told her to obey.

When she called it father I started to understand what was going on.

With a jar that was used to steal love.

She would fill them up from me and leave a few extras on the counter next to something which I don't think is possible for me to pronounce.

When I asked how it worked she helpfully explained how it works.

If I used it with the stored love in the jar to dispell the floating head.

Dizzy Twister

As I made my way up the tower I began to worry about Silver Arrow and the others.

Cadance

I noticed that the lock on the cage was rather
old and fragile.

While the princess and head were distracted I managed to quietly break the lock off and sneak out of the cage and to the counter.

When I set it up a banging sound came from the door.

The princess and head looked in my direction and I fired the love at the head.

As a pegasus mare broke through the door the head began to laugh.

It said that none could stop the resurrection of The Great King of Poison Bašmu and laughed.

I looked to the mare who I now noticed was wearing armor and told her to break the end of the shooting end.

While she was doing that I reconnected the suction end to myself.

As the head lunged towards it fired a massive burst of love.

Celestia

While I was giving a lecture when I sensed something that felt familiar calling to me but I was not sure why and focused on what I was doing.

Iron Shield

As the scythe came towards my neck I considered what would be the purpose of slashing over my rear.

So I grabbed.

When I felt the scythe in my hoof Cerastes gasped in surprise.

Taking the opportunity I tackled her and knocked her out.

As she lost consciousness the fog began to disperse.

Cerrejonensis

As I leaned back my vision began to blur.

Looking at where my opponent was I realized that I had bitten my own flesh.

As my grip loosened my opponent Trick Star explained that he used a spell that warped my visual perception.

It was normally intended to distract audiences.

As my conscience faded I accepted my defeat.

Silver Arrow

As I fought the Orochi member I avoided arrows he fired.

They were so strong that they easily smashed through stone walls with ease.

My own arrows did nothing to stop them.

Suddenly a powerful burst of some kind of magic surged passed us.

As it did my opponent crumbled to dust.

Dizzy Twister

The floating head of Bashmu screamed saying that it would never be gone forever.

But what really held my attention was the filly being enveloped in light.

The princess shook her head and asked what happened.

Then the light slowly faded and what I saw completely surprised me.

The little filly had became an alicorn.

It was the most incredible thing I had ever seen.

Suddenly their was a series of orbs on the shelf that went crazy.

The princess took a moment to explain to those on the other ends.

When Atheris Hispida had poisoned her it possessed her with the spirit of her father.

We gathered together in the room where I left Nightlight.

The Orochi member Crotalus Atrox had his eyes and the hands of his lower arms were bandaged.

The other Orochi members were going to be okay with the exception of Atheris Hispida who had already been dead.

The jars that were used to steal love had apparently gone missing.

Cadance was happy about getting her cutie mark.

When it was suggested by Nightlight that she come back with us to Canterlot Castle.

When she asked if she was a princess Nightlight said she was.

When she asked if she needed a more princessy name Nightlight laughed.

When she insisted Nightlight suggested Mi Amora Cadanza.

Apparently the parts he added meant "my love".

She really liked it.

When she asked if the naga princess would come with us she said that she was going to find a new home for her subjects.

Cadance had accepted the response.

As we were leaving we took an old earth pony couple who didn't have much.

They had apparently raised Cadance since finding her in the woods.

As we made our way back to Canterlot Nightlight had given Cadance a cloak to hide her wings until she was brought to Celestia.

Celestia

It was a lovely morning.

I was informed that Nightlight would return to some time this morning.

For now though I was just giving an orientation speech to the new students of the School for Gifted Unicorns.

Moth Ball was working as a teaching aid.

It was going well until one of the staff members ran into the room saying that their was something I needed to see.

Luckily I was not demonstrating anything that requires complete attention.

Before I could ask what she was so worked up about Nightlight entered with an alicorn filly on his back.

"WHAT!"

What is this?

He is going to be answering a lot of questions.