• Published 31st Mar 2022
  • 869 Views, 28 Comments

Enforcing Change - Scootaboom1



By pretending to have a special power to explain his knowledge Nightlight manipulates everyone around him for the future.

  • ...
7
 28
 869

Ch 12 Raise (rewrite)

Nightlight

When I got home from my meeting with Chrysalis I was glad to find that everything was good with Velvet and Shining Armor.

Well except for the hole in the wall but that was apparently caused by Trick Star.

Though no one was sure how.

When I told Velvet about what happened she laughed. She also vowed to punch Chrysalis for it some day. You know when she's no longer evil.

Seven months later I got a list of all the newly hatched changelings. Chrysalis apparently had two eggs from our encounter. Their names are Pharynx, and Thorax.

Normally changeling parents and children are not told who they are related to at least until the children are old enough. This is done to prevent favoritism from the parents.

Since most adult changelings spend most of their time working on the hives food situation. Favoritism may cause some young to go hungry from unfair rationing. As some changelings must spend long periods of time away from the hive.

Chrysalis worried that it would cause unnecessary problems.

So until the children come of age they are the hives children.

Apparently Chrysalis was worried about how Thorax seemed to be a bit of a push over.

I told her not to worry about that as his actions will unwittingly lead us to metamorphosis.

Pharynx on the other hoof seemed to be doing fine for himself.

Honestly Velvet got a little jealous that changelings become independent so quickly.

Honestly this is going to be a difficult conversation when it comes out. I can imagine the family reunion now, it will be even more awkward than in my old world where I went to family reunions where the only relatives who were not no-shows were the ones I had never met.

I mean seriously why did I have to watch the kids when none of them were mine.

On another note I was taking a walk after my shift of sitting around the barracks waiting to receive a task.

I mean I know that Celestia still can't trust me with guarding anything important since I'm technically a national enemy...

Wait that's actually a good reason.

When making my way through the park when I noticed Sweetie Drops kick a rock and then stomped on a flower. I stood there watching as she grunted in frustration.

After a second or two I walked up and asked what was wrong.

She let out a huff and said that her father won't let her go out and get revenge.

I recommend that she get stronger so that attaining revenge is a viable option.

Sweetie Drops hummed in thought and asked if I could help her.

I thought about it for a second and said that I could start tomorrow since I had to get groceries.

The next day I met Sweetie Drops waiting outside the barracks. She asked if it was really okay for her to be here and use the training area.

I explained that since I had so much seniority over all the new recruits that I can do whatever I want.

She rose an eyebrow at that comment but didn't say anything about it.

Looking around she asked me what most do to begin.

I looked to a slab of stone. Whenever new recruits come we would goat them into trying to break it. But before I could tell her that it was just a prank that we did on the new recruits, she had already broken it.

It impressed everyone in the room though I later learned that all the damage over the years weakend it.

Over the next two weeks I taught Sweetie Drops how to fight.

I must say Sweetie Drops has a lot of potential and a lot of rage.

Eventually Iron Shield came by to ask if I had seen Sweetie Drops. He was not happy that I was letting her skip school to do this.

In my defense I had no idea she attended night classes, but in hindsight it made sense as many Canterlot unicorns look down on earth ponies.

Iron Shield

I can't believe it Nightlight is normally a smart wise guy.

I mean I already know that he's against the idea of revenge, so why is he not here.

Sweetie Drops was sitting on the other side of the table finishing up her breakfast dinner.

I had to have a talk with her about what happened. Remind her of what her brother stood for.

She had a down cast look on her face as I spoke to her but I think I managed to convince her.

To prevent Nightlight from doing this again I promoted him to the special operations joint division.

Nightlight

Wait wait wait so you're telling me that members of the special operations joint division do exactly what I have been doing since I became a guard.

That means that I have been doing that for like seven times my previous pay.

I feel like have been used.

Anyways the first order of business was a organization of monster hunters that Iron Shield was not authorized to know about.

Apparently they were looking to recruit Sweetie Drops. I told them that it was her destiny and explained to them the same drawl I gave the others.

As I found out they were told to not try and investigate me which I was very glad about.

When the agency recruited Sweetie Drops they made sure that Iron Shield would be none the wiser.

Sweetie Drops was apparently becoming their best agent quite quickly.

I had also learned that Flash Sentry was doing his his best to one day become a royal guard.

As for his talent it is actually quite good. Whenever something he can help with is nearby he will instinctively move to help.

Well there is not much left to do until Twilight is born.