• Published 12th Mar 2022
  • 1,476 Views, 29 Comments

A Chaotic Hearts & Hooves Day - Postwarmonkey50



The husbands prepare a special event for their wives, but will they be prepared for the Chaos?

  • ...
5
 29
 1,476

Soothing touch of a Mare

Author's Note:

Only one more chapter to go, then it'll be finally finished.

Whilst the husbands were dealing with a certain Draconequus, the Mane 6 and Emily had just walked out of the doors of the spa and all of them were really relaxed.

‘Hoo-wee!!’ exclaimed Applejack with a smile on her face whilst stretching ‘Now that was an amazin’ time.’

‘I’ll say,’ said Rainbow Dash whilst she stretched her wings a bit ‘I haven’t felt this relaxed in a long time.’

‘We really should thank our husbands for arranging this.’ Said Fluttershy.

‘I agree,’ said Pinkie before she smirked ‘Although today’s been pretty interesting.’

‘How so Pinkie?’ asked Twilight.

‘Well for one thing,’ said Emily with a teasing smirk ‘Watching Rainbow Dash enjoy the spa like any other pony.’

The girls giggled whilst Rainbow Dash was bright red in the face with embarrassment.

‘S-shut up.’ Said Rainbow whilst feeling embarrassed.

‘Oh, don’t deny it darling,’ said Rarity whilst flicking her hair ‘There’s nothing wrong with embracing your feminine side every once and a while.’

‘She’s not wrong there.’ Said Emily. ‘Hey, maybe we should’ve added that to what Rarity and Rainbow had in common, they both like to go to the Spa.’

‘You mean instead of them chewing their heads off because of their own differences?’ said Pinkie.

‘Will you stop brining that up!!’ shouted Rainbow.

‘For once I agree with Rainbow,’ said Rarity ‘We were already scolded enough from both Beau and both our husbands.’

‘Although Beau did have a point about Twi not thinking things through.’ Said Applejack ‘Uh, no offense Sugarcube.’

Twilight sighed and said ‘None taken. I already feel bad enough about the whole situation than I already do.’

‘Though…’ said Rainbow whilst rubbing her arm ‘Me and AJ weren’t any better that time when we tried to teach the others on how to camp, and we ended up putting them in danger.’

‘Seriously,’ said Emily ‘You two always kept on competing over the stupidest things. If you two want to compete, fine, but leave everyone else out of it. You spend the entire time being oblivious that you ended up putting everyone else in danger, and suddenly Snips and Snails are the stupid ones?’

‘Hey!!’ shouted the two said colts as they passed by.

‘Uh,’ said Emily as she looked at them with a stink eye ‘Remind me again, who was the ones dumb enough to wake up an Ursa Minor just so that you could see Trixie performing her so called phony bologna magic?’

The two said colts winced at that, causing them to move away with their tails between their legs, whilst at the same time, returned to look at both AJ and Rainbow, who still had guilty expressions.

‘Seriously,’ said Emily as she looked at not just AJ and Rainbow, but Rarity as well ‘One of these days, your own egos and selfishness are going to get you three killed. But you three are more selfish than Lickety Split.’

Now all of them winced at that, for everypony in Ponyville had vowed to never hear that name again.

‘Please don’t bring her up.’ Said Applejack, feeling like a mule.

‘Come on girls,’ said Pinkie, trying to be the voice of reason ‘No need to be like that. Let’s just focus on enjoying the day with our husbands.’

Fluttershy spotted something ahead, and were surprised to see who were coming. ‘Oh my, is that our kids?’

All of them approached their moms, who all had saddened looks on their faces.

‘Moonlight?’ said Twilight as she stood on her knee and looked at her daughter face to face ‘What happened?’

‘It’s…probably best if all of you come.’ Said Moonlight.

The Mane 6 and Emily joined their kids and followed them straight towards where they were leading them.

********************************************************************************************************

They continued to go up the hill where the kids were leading them. But when they got there, they weren’t expecting what was in front of them. Everything around them were all ruins and messed up decorations and food and so on. Discord sat there in a corner, wrapped in bandages whilst being injured. Whilst sitting in a circle on what chairs weren’t broken, were the husbands and Spike, who all had their heads lowered and looked extremely miserable for some reason.

Now really worried, the Mane 6 and Emily quickly went over to their husbands to see if they were okay.

‘Beau, are you okay?’ said Twilight softly as she crouched whilst holding Beau’s hands.

Beau slightly looked at Twilight in a saddened expression and said ‘Oh, hey Twi.’

‘What in all of Equestria happened?’ said a worried Rarity.

‘We wanted to set up a surprise dinner date for our anniversary on the top of the hill when you first watched the fireworks.’ Said Bucky.

‘So we distracted all of you by arranging all of you to go on a Spa day whilst we set everything up.’ Said Silver.

‘So each of us had different assignments in order to get things ready.’ Said Genus.

‘Beau tried to arrange everything whilst he assigned us,’ said Bolt as he listed things down ‘Bucky was on food, Silver was on silverware, Genus was on drinks, I was on tables and chairs and Frosty was on desserts.’

‘You tried to arrange a surprise for us?’ said Rainbow ‘That’s awesome.’

‘Oh, it was.’ Said Frosty before he yelled ‘UNTIL A CERTAIN DRACONEQUUS RUINED IT!!!

The Mane 6 and Emily gawked in shock, then looked at Discord with a stern glare.

‘Discord,’ said Applejack sternly ‘What did y’all do?’

Apple Slice then said ‘He caused a ton of chaos because he thought it was April Fool’s Day.’

They gawked in shock again, with Pinkie Pie shouting ‘Are you kidding me?! It’s February!!

April Fools doesn’t happen for another two months you idiot!!’ shouted Emily.

Fluttershy flew up to Discord face to face, who was now frightened of Fluttershy, even if he did laugh off her stare and all.

Discord!!’ shouted Fluttershy, making the Lord of Chaos wince ‘How could you do something like this?!! You know how much all of this means to me!!

‘I’m sorry, okay.’ Said a panicked Discord ‘I lost track of time. Besides, it’s not my fault I keep misplacing my calendar wherever I go. Plus if Spike or Beau had told me I would’ve stayed clear.’

‘You would’ve intervened anyway and ruined everything.’ Grumbled Spike as he turned his head away.

‘Well I helped Big Mac and Sugar Belle stay together when there was a slight misunderstanding.’ Said Discord.

Rainbow instantly slapped Discord in the face, taking the Draconequus by shock, whilst she said ‘Not. Cool.’

In the meantime, the Mane 6 and Emily continued to try and help their husbands.

‘Y’all okay Bucky?’ asked Applejack.

‘What do you think?’ muttered Bucky, feeling hurt, which Applejack couldn’t help but hug him, even Apple Slice.

‘We’re so sorry for what all of you went through.’ Said Rarity as she and Crystal held onto Silver.

‘Everything was going to be perfect.’ Said Silver ‘And now everything is ruined.’

‘Why can’t everything ever go right?’ said Genus, with Fluttershy nearly want to whimper in sadness for Genus whilst Warm Breeze was also trying his best to comfort his father.

‘Oh Genus,’ said Fluttershy ‘You should’ve said something.’

‘We wanted to keep it a surprise,’ said Bolt ‘You girls mean everything to us.’

‘And you mean a lot to us you dolt.’ Said Rainbow as she slowly nuzzled the side of her face against her husband, not caring if the others were watching and was more concerned about her husband’s well-being. ‘We had no idea where our lives would be without you. Plus you didn’t have to go through all that trouble just for us.’

‘We only did it because we love you.’ Said Frosty.

‘We know Frosty,’ said Pinkie as she caress her husband’s head ‘It just shows how much we love you too.’

‘And to make matters worse,’ said Spike ‘We had tickets planned to take us to Ornithia.’

‘Wait,’ said Emily ‘As in the Harpy Kingdom?’

‘Yeah,’ said Beau ‘They had a great tropical paradise over there. For a romantic weekend for those who celebrate love are more than welcome to go join them. But the tickets were stolen.’

They were surprised to hear that, especially the lengths they would go to celebrate the holidays with them.

Moonlight then said ‘Dad and the others worked so hard to try and surprise all of you, that’s the reason they wanted to distract you, so that they could get everything ready.’

The Mane 6 and Emily were greatly surprised by this. With Twilight saying ‘Oh Beau. Thank you. But it doesn’t matter where we are. As long as all of us are together.’

Discord sheepishly hovered over, with the others looking at him with a stink eye.

‘I would like to apologize too for my rash actions.’ Said Discord ‘I should’ve asked first before going great lengths like I always do.’

‘It’s gonna take more than an apology to make us change our mind Discord.’ Said Genus.

Discord suddenly smiled sheepishly and said ‘Then maybe this would?’

Discord instantly poofed something in his hand. To their shock, it was the tickets that was supposedly stolen. Much to the husbands and their wives’ anger.

‘Discord.’ Said the husbands and wives when they looked at him sternly.

‘Well, see it’s like this.’ Said Discord as he tried his best to explain. ‘I also wanted to prank on Spike a while back for tricking me a while back, so I secretly took the tickets without anyone noticing.’

Spike growled in anger and frustration at Discord, with Emily calming him down before Discord could explain any further.

‘But I noticed that they were really expensive and when it had Fluttershy’s name on one of them, I figured I kept it aside. And I also didn’t lose them either.’

Fluttershy sternly flew over to Discord and presented her hand, demanding Discord that he handed the tickets to them. Discord then had a saddened look on his face and gave it to Fluttershy, who then swiped it from his talon.

‘I’m really disappointed in you Discord.’ Said Fluttershy. ‘But for saving our tickets, we can at least thank you for that.’

She suddenly flew straight to his face with an angered look on her face. ‘But for what you did to our husbands and ruined the surprise they were making for us, you will have to babysit our children for the entire weekend. And no using Chaos magic to make it more exciting.’

‘But, but…,’ said Discord.

‘Not buts Discord.’ Said Fluttershy with her arms crossed. ‘And whilst we’re at it, you can teleport us when we get our things and preparing ourselves for the weekend.’

Discord sighed and said ‘Yes Fluttershy.’

‘Good.’ Said Fluttershy before she pointed at the mess and said ‘Now clean up this mess.’

Discord lowered his head in shame and snapped his finger, causing everything to return back to normal before teleporting away.

Genus stood up and said ‘Thanks honey.’

‘No problem.’ Said Fluttershy whilst hugging her husband ‘I may tolerate his antics, but not when it comes to him messing with my husband.’

‘So,’ said Bolt ‘I guess now all we need to do is to pack up and wait for him.’

‘Meet back at the Castle in an hour?’ said Beau.

‘Yup.’ Said the husbands and wives.

Soon all of them began to depart to pack their bags, for the long awaited weekend has finally arrived.