• Published 18th Mar 2022
  • 2,380 Views, 78 Comments

Phantom Pony - Zeprto678



A crossover between MLP: FiM and Danny Phantom. Danny ends up in Equestria as a pony.

  • ...
4
 78
 2,380

An Almost Normal Day

Danny was looking down at his plate of food, eating while also deep in thought while the Apple Family were talking amongst each other during the meal.

“Yer lucky that ah don't tan yer hide fer doin' somethin' so foolhardy like that. Ya coulda gotten hurt, Apple Bloom,” complained Granny Smith.

Big McIntosh nodded. “Eeyup,” he agreed.

Apple Bloom looked down at the table, frowning. “Ah’m sorry, Granny Smith, but Scootaloo wanted ta see Rainbow Dash beat up the ghost pony that she boasted she was goin’ ta capture one day. She convinced us ta go along with 'er an see the fight,” explained the apple filly. She looked back up from the table. “We got ta see the ghost pony fightin’ another one until ya an’ Rarity found us an’ pulled us away.”

Applejack frowned as she couldn’t believe that Rainbow Dash’s boasting could actually cause a problem like that. Well, the apple mare can believe that, it’s just that Applejack wishes that the rainbow mare would tune her boasting down a little...Actually, more like a lot.

The apple mare shook her head. “Ah’m gonna have a word with that mare tomorrow about 'er an’ 'er boastin’. As for you, ah want ya ta promise me that ya won’t do anythin’ that dangerous ever again, or even think about doin’ anythin’ that involves ghosts,” said Applejack. “That also includes Cutie Marks as well.”

The apple filly looked back down at the table again. “Ah promise,” said Apple Bloom. She looked back up once more, confused. “But what if Sweetie an’ Scoots want ta go do somethin’ that involves ghosts fer our Cutie Marks an’ they need mah help?”

“Don’t ya worry about that, Apple Bloom. Knowin’ Rares, she’s tellin’ Sweetie Belle the same thing, but as fer Scootaloo, ah have a feelin’ ‘er aunts are givin’ ‘er a talkin’ to as well,” the apple mare said. Seeing her little sis’ confused face, Applejack decided to explain. “Ah had Twilight go with Scootaloo an’ inform her aunts about what happened. Ya see, while ah do trust Rainbow Dash ta do the right thin’, ah just didn’t want ‘er ta be convinced by that filly ta not tell ‘er aunts in exchange fer bein’ more careful or somethin’ next time.”

The apple filly gasped, and then had an angry look on her face. “Scoots would never…Ah mean, Rainbow Dash would never…” said Apple Bloom. The apple filly had a conflicted look on her face every time she had paused. A few seconds later, the apple filly’s face had morphed into a defeated look of resignation as Apple Bloom laid her head onto her hooves. “Okay, fine! They both would actually do that.”

The apple mare only nodded. Granny Smith had noticed that the ghost pony was staring at his food.

“Is somethin’ wrong, dearie?” asked the old mare.

The apple siblings heard her and were now looking at Danny.

“Huh? Oh, uh, just enjoying how good this food is,” lied the ghost pony. Danny then shoveled some of the food into his mouth and ate it. “Mmm. This is delicious.” It really was delicious though.

The old mare smiled. “Glad ya like it. Now eat up,” said Granny Smith. “There’s plenty more where that came from, but don’t ya eat too much now ya here?”

Danny nodded and continued to eat. The ghost pony didn’t even notice the apple mare looking at him.


Few Minutes Later

Danny trotted into the room with a full stomach, and then closed the door behind himself. The ghost pony was feeling tired as the food coma was going to set in soon. He was almost close to the bed, but fell down on the floor, tired.

The ghost pony’s eyes were closed. “Come on. Move already,” he muttered. “It’s only a few more steps. I don’t want to sleep on the cold floor.”

Danny forced open his eyes just so he wouldn’t fall asleep on the floo, but before the ghost pony could get up, Danny’s eyes landed on the mysterious object that was located underneath the bed. It looked quite familiar to him.

The ghost pony realized what it was. “It can’t be,” said Danny.

He got up and trotted over to the bed. Once Danny was there, he reached under and pulled the object out. The mysterious object turned out to be one of the ghost pony’s parents’ inventions used to catch ghosts: the Fenton Thermos.

“It really is the Fenton Thermos. I thought I lost this forever thanks to that portal I went through,” he said. The ghost pony grinned. “Now with this, let’s see that box ghost be so smug next time.”

Danny then remembered that his ghost powers were on the fritz because of the ghost pony’s new body.

He inwardly groaned. “But I need to master my ghost powers first. If I don’t, I’ll get creamed again like last time if the Box Ghost returns again,” thought Danny. The ghost pony shivered. “What a terrible thought, being defeated by the Box Ghost.” He then realized something as an even worse thought came to mind. “Hold on. If the Box Ghost ended up here just like me and as a pony, then that means so did the other ghosts that had gotten sucked through the Ghost Portal as well, and they all must be ponies too. Not good. If they find out I’m here and that my powers are acting up, I’ll be worse than getting creamed: I’ll be destroyed.

Danny placed the Fenton Thermos onto the bed. He had a determined look on his face. “I have to start practicing my powers first thing tomorrow morning,” thought the ghost pony.

There was a knock at the door. He became worried and quickly hid the device underneath the bed where it couldn't be seen.

“Come in,” said Danny.

The door opened, and in walked Applejack.

“Hey there, Danny. Just came in ta check up on ya and see how yer doin’,” she said.

The ghost pony put a smile on his face. “Oh, I’m great. Ponyville seems like a nice place, and the ponies are pretty welcoming too,” said Danny. “And especially since I just found the Fenton Thermos too.

The apple mare smiled. “That’s just how everypony is in this ‘ere town, an’ that’s what makes the town a mighty great place. Everypony bein’ friendly with everypony else, Pinkie Pie with ‘er parties, an’ even me an’ mah siblings buckin’ apple trees and sellin’ the apples ta ponies,” she explained. “Anywhoo, ah wanted ta check up on ya an’ see how yer doin’, an’ ta see how yer settlin’ in fer the night. Also, ta remind ya that we’re doin’ chores first thang in the mornin’ after breakfast. So, ya better get lots of sleep now. Ah don’t wanna have ya doin’ chores all tired-like.”

“Oh, great. Yippee,” cheered the ghost pony, fake enthusiasm in his voice.

The apple mare smiled, not fooled by the fake enthusiasm, which to her was funny, but tried not to laugh. “Uh-huh. Well, see ya in the mornin’,” said Applejack.

“Goodnight,” responded Danny.

After the apple mare left and closed the door behind her, he then climbed up onto the bed and laid down, feeling defeated for some reason.

The ghost pony inwardly groaned. “Make that first thing in the afternoon. Well, at least things can’t get worse for me,” he thought.


A Few Days Later

Everything did get worse, but only a little bit. While during the night, Danny was training to use levitation, invisibility, and intangibility, and even unlocking his ghost energy blasts and other powers. In the forest, the ghost pony had crashed into some trees, into the ground, blasted a branch off a tree which came crashing down onto his head, etc. Luckily, none of the ponies of Ponyville were there to see Danny do that as he would never be able to live down the embarrassment if they did. So far, the ghost pony can now float on command, so there was that, at least. Danny was currently looking at himself in the bathroom mirror, and sighed. “Another day of doing farm work, another day of no ghosts appearing,” said the ghost pony.

During the days that have passed by, Danny helped out around the farm, hanging out with Twilight and her friends, training his powers, and waiting for Sam and Tucker to rescue him.

So far, no ghosts have shown up, not even the Box Ghost, letting Danny know that they were out there somewhere, just not in Ponyville, seeing as how there have been reports of ghost ponies haunting and terrorizing towns and cities.

I wish I could help these ponies, but until I’ve mastered my other powers, I’m useless. But, once I do, I’m coming for them,” he thought, frustrated.

Danny trotted towards the kitchen.


Meanwhile at Fluttershy’s House

Fluttershy was groaning as she was currently struggling to pick up a big, heavy bag of animal food from the closet.

The shy pony groaned again. “Ooh. Why did I have to buy the biggest bag of animal food?” she complained to herself.

Then, a groan sounded off from the couch, spooking Fluttershy. Laying on it was the Box Ghost, who was currently bored. Previously, he did go to other towns to scare ponies, but eventually it got quite tedious to the ghost worker pony. So, he started just doing nothing but eat, sleep, and fly around, easily spooking ponies without even trying. The Box Ghost had groaned because the shy pony was disturbing him.

“Can you keep it down? I’m trying to sleep,” he complained.

Fluttershy felt ashamed. “Oops. I’m so sorry,” she said. “I’ll try and be quiet so as to not disturb you.”

The shy pony tried picking up the bag while groaning quietly, but the Box Ghost still heard her. He was getting annoyed.

The Box Ghost floated up off of the couch and over to Fluttershy, letting out a frustrated sigh. “Let me do it. The sooner you finish, the sooner I can sleep,” he complained.

“B-But–” said the shy pony.

Before she could say anything, the ghost worker pony easily picked up the bag of animal food and floated over to the animals’ food bowls.

“Okay,” muttered Fluttershy.

Once the Box Ghost was finished pouring the food and was away from the food bowls, the animals swarmed over to their bowls, hungry.

He placed the bag of animal food off to the side and floated back towards the couch. “There. You’re welcome,” said the ghost worker pony.

“T-Thanks. You’re so strong,” said the shy pony.

That stopped the Box Ghost in his tracks, causing him to turn around and float over to Fluttershy. “Did you say I was ‘strong’?” he asked, intrigued.

The shy pony blushed, realizing that she was heard.

Fluttershy poked her hooves together. “U-um…Well…” she answered. “...Yeah.”

The Box Ghost floated closer to the shy pony. “I’m sorry, but I couldn’t hear you. Would you mind speaking up?” asked the ghost worker pony, dramatically.

At the same time, he needed to hear Fluttershy repeat what she said.

The shy pony was still blushing. “I-I said…‘Yeah’, she repeated.

That made the Box Ghost feel prideful. He then flexed his right foreleg’s muscle in front of her. “Go ahead and touch it. I know you want to,” said the ghost worker pony.

That made the shy pony blush even more. “Oh, n-no. I couldn’t,” said Fluttershy. Though, she did want to but thought it might be rude if the shy pony did do it.

The Box Ghost smirked. “Don’t worry, I’m okay with it. Besides, I won’t tell anyone if you won’t,” he said.

Fluttershy blushed a little more as, after being convinced that the ghost worker pony was okay with it, had her hoof slowly head towards his muscle. Once the shy pony touched it, Fluttershy realized that there was nothing to fear. Then, she started poking around at it, impressed.

“Impressive, isn’t it?” asked the Box Ghost, confident.

The shy pony nodded. “Y-Yeah,” answered Fluttershy, distracted.

They were at this for a while before the two realized and stopped what they were doing. The ghost worker pony flew back and laid down on the couch while the shy pony went to go help out her other animals, both of them blushing.


A Few Minutes Later

The ghost pony was helping out with cleaning as he was currently sweeping the loose hay that was on the floor.

“There’s got to be an easier way to do all of these chores,” grumbled Danny.

“There is, but I don’t know if you’d rather take the easy way out,” said an unknown female voice.

“I would if it means I get done much faster,” argued the ghost pony. He then realized something as his Ghost Sense went off. “Wait a minute.”

Danny turned towards the source of the voice to see a shadowy pony figure floating in the shadowy part of the corner of the barn. The figure floated into the light so the ghost pony could see who they were.

He gasped. “It’s you!” exclaimed Danny.


Meanwhile-Back at Danny's House (3 Hours Later after Danny Left)

“Danny, it’s time for Dinner!” shouted a young, female voice.

After a few seconds of no reply, there was then the sound of footsteps going down the stairs. Eventually, the person made it to the lab, revealing it to be the ghost pony’s human older sister: Jazz. She gasped when saw the mess, including the Fenton Portal’s destroyed control panel.

Seeing the mess and Danny not being around, Jazz had instantly put two and two together. “Oh no. Danny’s in danger!” she shouted. “I have to let Sam and Tucker know.”

The teenage girl quickly got out her cell phone and dialed a number. It rang a few times before a voice sounded off on the other side.

“Hey, Sam,” said Jazz.

“Hey Jazz, glad that you called me. I’ve been calling Danny a few times but he’s not picking up,” said Sam. “I guess he’s busy with the project Lancer gave us. So, I was wondering if you could–”

The teenage girl had to interrupt the goth girl. “Sam, I need you to call Tucker and get to the Fenton Lab, quickly. The lab’s a complete mess, the control panel to the Fenton Portal is destroyed, and Danny’s gone,” Jazz informed. “I think he got sucked into the Ghost Zone and is trapped there, and I need your help.”

Hearing that made her worried. “I’m on my way,” said Sam.

The goth girl hung up the phone.

Author's Note:

It looks like some sparks are happening between Fluttershy and the Box Ghost.

Looks like someone is visiting Danny. I wonder who it is? Find out next chapter.

As you can tell, there's a time difference between the universe that Danny's in, and his home dimension. A few days pass by in Equestria for every three hours back at his home.

The Psychopath proofread this chapter.

Comments are welcome. :heart: