• Published 6th Mar 2022
  • 116 Views, 0 Comments

Bloodlines - MellowSoul



Harmonic and Atmospheric start a band with the CMC.

  • ...
 0
 116

Megilloth

Author's Note:

Video a friend of mine shared a while back.

Before the group began writing, they decided to try something a bit darker, experimenting by covering a Mortification song. Atmospheric, Scootaloo, and Apple Bloom tuned their instruments to c sharp, the prevalent tuning on Mortification's album Scrolls of the Megilloth.

"As they gather at the funeral wake to speak of good times gone by, the deceased soul learns some more! Revealed reality: the flames of unrest! 'Maybe he's in his next life' sobs ma as tears roll, unknowing the eternal destination as he awaits the judgment throne! 'He's at rest now' the hired celebrant proclaims! He tickles all the ears while sin is exposed by the heavenly host! Silence falls over the crowd as the casket lowers into the ground: kneeling in the heavenlines, confessing the forsaken lord of his life! 'How can God allow this' cries sister in lament, but God had other plans, and revealed what this has meant! You gather what you cast into this straying earth life! While man has his will, the son paid the price! Back on Earth, men make their claims, playing 'where do they go' games while up in heave, the creator cries as people listen to each other's lies!"


After the song ended, Harmonic and Atmospheric engaged the girls in a serious conversation.

"Is your dad really all fire and brimstone like the books say?" Scootaloo inquired fearfully.

"No way," Atmospheric dispelled, "He's kind and wise. My brothers revere him as the pinnacle of paternal instinct."

"That's right! You said Lucifer was your brother!"

"I have three: Lucifer, Michael, and Azazel."

"It's like a little angel cluster."

"What sets us apart is that we were created from God's own blood. We are the originals."

"Not gonna lie, that's pretty epic."

"There is no reason to fear the unknown. Just like an RPG, exploring and gaining experience is what will ultimately make you stronger."

"All of us can die at any time for any reason," Harmonic cut in, "Knowing this is what opens the door to ultimate freedom. You learn to live and die by your own convictions. Even the strongest evil can't hold a candle to the power of will."

"We live in an uncertain age of fear and despair. Approaching these hours with your own sense of right and wrong will help you find peace regardless of the outcome."

Scootaloo, Apple Bloom, and Sweetie Belle listened intently. They realized what was being taught. They were learning how to face mortality with dignity and courage.