• Published 11th Mar 2022
  • 983 Views, 7 Comments

If I Could Love Again... - Petalled



Twilight falls in love again but is scared the cycle will repeat itself.

  • ...
7
 7
 983

~ 2 ~ 02 ~ Tuned Obediently

After an earraping song from Twilight, they all went to the school gymnasium where everyone was arguing again with a gust of green smoke seeping into the sirens' pendants, again that was unnoticed. They were all waiting for their turn in an audition.

After an unrehearsed audition from Snips and Snails, it was time to see what the Rainbooms had got, Sunset stood backstage as Twilight instructed her band members to play good but not that good till the point their magic from within them peaks through — it could lead the sirens to create with some plan about this. However, this had happened with Rainbow Dash taking over the stage as a solo but Sunset jumped at her much to the band's disappointment when she was only trying to help them not unleash their magic.

When the audience saw the school's oppressor, they immediately started booing at her until they all went off the stage and out of their sight. They went somewhere private to discuss that which only ended up in them arguing and blaming each other when they initially blamed Sunset.

Eventually, they walked into the locker room where Twilight bumped into Flash again.

''Twilight, hey, wait up,'' Flash called out for her, which got her to turn around and look at him. This got him even more nervous. ''Look I know you said we're only friends, but do you wanna come over and catch up?''

Twilight turned to her friends who all urged her on, Rarity giving her a smirk.

''Yeah, uh, sure... just hold on a minute.'' She looked at the girls. ''What do you say, girls? Mind practicing without me for tonight?''

''Oh, it'll be no problem at all, darling,'' Rarity said before drawing closer to Twilight's ear. ''Besides, who knows what could happen between you two. Pull-on your act, dear!''

The blush on Twilight's cheeks only reddened and heated, then her friends left her alone with Flash in the locker room and he led her to his car where he drove her to his house.

''This is where you live?'' she asked, gawking at the sight before her two eyes. ''This is amazing!''

''Thanks,'' Flash said. ''My parents are rich — they earn a lot of money, and sometimes, they leave the house to me. What do you say? Wanna come in?''

A hand was brought out and Twilight stared at it before putting forth her own, being led inside and she admired the interior. If Rarity was here, she would absolutely fantasize about living here herself.

Flash brought Twilight to his bedroom where she only gawked further until she turned back to him.

''So why did you bring me here?'' she questioned him before seating herself down atop the edge of his bed.

''I wanted to catch up,'' he replied, sitting next to her. ''Alone, that is. I figured we didn't do so the last time you were here which was also the first time I met you.''

Twilight looked into his gaze and held onto his hand, his smile becoming broader. She touched his face where a piece of dirt lay, then realized what she was doing and immediately took her hand away. They both pretended as if nothing happened.

''So, uh, what have you been up to while I was away?'' Twilight asked, feeling the blanket beneath her to distract herself from the awkwardness.

Flash blinked, getting back to reality. ''Oh, you know. Stuff, music. You know how it goes.''

Twilight nodded. ''Uh-huh.''

Silence.

Flash turned to her. ''Twilight, I...''

Twilight stopped him as she held up a hand, then looked at her hand herself before lowering it down.

''I know what you're going to say,'' she said, frowning. ''I'm sorry. What we had was amazing like when I was new to this world, you were the first one to help me get back up. Literally.''

Flash laughed. ''I still remember that.''

She smiled fondly. ''I'm not saying I don't like you — I mean you're a really nice guy, and anyone would be lucky to date you, but I just don't think it could work between us like I'm from Equestria and you're from... here.''

''Well, we can try to make it work!'' he said, trying to show determination.

Twilight shook her head. ''To be honest, I'm not even sure if I like you in that way.''

His ears pinned back, the hope on his face draining away, but then he brightened up when an idea struck him. ''Well, what if I kissed you right now? Would that help?''

''What?''

And so, much to Twilight's surprise, Flash kissed her on the lips. But the most surprising thing was that Twilight actually escalated it. She connected her lips with his again, only this time a bit longer, allowing the both of them to breathe before reconnecting their lips again.

''So?'' Flash breathed.

''I...'' Twilight didn't know what to say. The kiss was hot, she admitted, but was this really what she wanted? Did it feel like a soulmate's kiss? Was there a spark between them like she had with Cadence the other day she kissed her?

Alas, she shook her head out of those thoughts and wanted to keep going. Flash asked her if she wanted to take it slow, but she felt feisty in this intimate moment. She insisted on him doing something more intense to the point where more butterflies filled her stomach, and so, Flash's hand slid under Twilight's shirt to unhook her bra.

Twilight blinked. How did he know how to unhook a girl's bra? From what she was taught by Rarity, only girls wear them not boys.

She pulled away for a moment. ''How are you so 'pro' at this as people say in this world?''

''Well...'' Flash blushed, looking reminiscent. ''I did do this with my ex.''

Twilight frowned.

''Don't think of it as you being a rebound!'' he protested. ''I really, really like you!''

''Was she... hot?'' she asked, smirking at him.

Flash stood upright, then rubbed his neck. ''Maybe,'' he said. ''But you're way hotter. Truth be told, though, she was top and aggressive.''

Twilight's smirk deepened and pulled him by the neck into another deep, saucy kiss.


The next morning, Twilight lay on Flash's muscles as they were tucked in bed, slowly opening their eyes to the sunrise and birds chirping outside.

''Had a good sleep?'' Flash asked in his sleepy voice, which had sounded rather attractive.

Twilight frowned. ''Flash, I... Listen. Last night was lovely, but...''

''Oh no. You're talking as if there's bad news.''

Her ears pinned back and said nothing for now.

''Oh no. There is, isn't there? Oh, go on. What did I do this time? Was it something I did wrong in bed?''

''No, no!'' Twilight protested. ''You were amazing. It's just that... I don't think you're the one.''

Flash blinked. ''What do you mean?''

Twilight placed a hand on his shoulder. ''I didn't mean to lead you on, but I only wanted to see if I liked you like that. Don't get me wrong — you're hot, and I'm sure any girl would want to date you, but... you're just not my soulmate, at least not in this world. Erm, mentally.''

''Oh, I see,'' Flash said, nodding.

''I'm really sorry,'' she said before standing up and wearing her bra and shirt back on. ''I gotta go. My friends are probably needing me for practice.''

After Twilight had put her shirt back on, Flash escorted her outside where it happened to be raining so he went back inside to grab her an umbrella on her way there. When he came back with one, he passed it on to Twilight but he opened it for her as he guessed she still might not be used to this world.

''Thank you,'' Twilight said, the sounds of trickles dropping on the base of the umbrella. ''I had a nice time.''

She walked off into the distance where Flash watched her go when she became nothing but a speck. He sighed, feeling rejected as he was, and went back indoors.


When Twilight and her friends walked into the locker room again, she bumped into Flash for what has been the umpteenth time. Instead of receiving a smile from him, he begrudgingly turned away from her.

''Do you guys hear something?'' Flash asked his friends who all shook their heads.

''I said we have to stop...'' Twilight tried to say again a bit louder this time only to get brushed off by him again.

''There it is again,'' he interrupted, turning away. ''So annoying.''

''Why are you acting like this?'' she asked him. ''Is this about last night? I thought we've already established and cleared things.''

Flash lost it within him and blew it out on her. ''Yeah, and then you decide to come back here just so you can beat me in the Battle of the Bands.'' He looked at her pleadingly. ''I want this, Twilight.'' Then he turned away sharply. ''And you're trying to take it from me.''

''That's not why...'' Twilight tried to say had Applejack not pulled her way to avoid conflict, Flash's yelling trailing behind which made Twilight tear up. This was all her fault. She had never seen him like this, not towards her, since the time she knew him.

From behind a locker, Adagio chuckled at the scene and turned to her sisters.

''Tears already?'' she pointed out. ''This is only the initial heat.''

They all started laughing evilly before the announcement came up about Trixie coming up the stage to audition where the sirens were after her.