• Published 19th Sep 2012
  • 3,783 Views, 96 Comments

Long Days - Kalreas



Fluttershy and Bic Mac start meeting each other more often, but for what reason?

  • ...
13
 96
 3,783

Dream or Nightmare

Outside, in an open field. Looking around, she sees that she's on the top of a small hill. She turns around and she sees a barn, as well as a farm. The back door to the barn opened, allowing her to see inside. Nopony walked out, so she slowly stepped forward towards the barn.

Stepping halfway inside the barn, she takes a look around. Nopony was inside, but there was a setting, or a feeling that lured her further inside. There was a nice setting in the middle of the barn, seemingly peaceful. A single candle was lit in the middle of the square cloth laying on the ground.

Fluttershy took another good look around the room, but she couldn't see anything in the darkness surrounding her. The door to the barn closed, leaving ultimate darkness everywhere in the barn except for the candle in the middle. She shifted over closer to the candle, staying in as much light and warmth as possible.

She felt scared, alone and surrounded by invisible creatures, all hiding in the darkness. She didn't know how long she waited for something to happen. However, when the front door to the bar opened, the sunlight shone through vigorously. Nearly blinding the poor mare, who had begun adjusting to the darkness.

The door was wide open, as she waited again for something or someone to walk through. Thankfully, it didn't take too long, as she saw a big pony walk in swiftly. Because of the light of the sun, she couldn't clearly see who it was. But guessing about the area she was in, and the farm she saw and the barn she was in, she had a good idea.

The barn doors closed as quickly as they opened, not allowing a single outside view.

"There ya are." She heard a country mare somewhere in the barn. In fact, she had just now noticed the new setting around her. She sat to the side as a conversation between Applejack and Big Macintosh played out.

Applejack's voice. "Big Mac," She started softly. "Ah know ya care for 'er well-bein' and all. But there are some things ya don't want goin' on, trust me. Ye know what Ah'm talkin' about." He nodded and allowed her to continue what she wanted to say.

What was she talking about? Was she talking about a stallion that she had been with in the past? Or was it more recent? Her questioning thoughts were cut off as Applejack began to talk again.

"What Ah'm gettin' at is that Ah don't wanna see you," She stated, pointing her hoof at her brother. "in the same position.

"Ah just wanna make sure that ya really are feelin' the way ye think yer feelin' about her. She is the Element of Kindness after all, and we don't need her bein' heartbroken." She stopped to sigh and allow him a moment to think.

Fluttershy's mind was racing. Was she seeing a scene that had already played out? Was she seeing something that was happening right now? Or is it going to happen soon? No.. that can't be true. She was heartbroken before, so this must be in the past.

Then the memory clicked. Before Fluttershy had any time to think, they started again.

He replied slowly. "Ah.. Ah don't... Ah can't promise.. well... Ah'm at a loss fer words, AJ. We'll try ta work things out tomorrow, alright? Maybe the day after ta give her some time, but Ah'll ask her if she wants ta go on a date. Does that sound right ta you?"

She nodded. "Work it out as well as ya can. As much as Ah would love ta see that mare fall in love with somepony.. Ah just hope it works out for ya, Big Macintosh."

Fluttershy watched in disbelief. How could any of this had happened? What happened with all of this? She needed to get answers from Applejack tomorrow evening. No matter what.