• Published 19th Sep 2012
  • 3,779 Views, 96 Comments

Long Days - Kalreas



Fluttershy and Bic Mac start meeting each other more often, but for what reason?

  • ...
13
 96
 3,779

Emotions Converging: Thoughts Spoken - An End To Confusion

After the ending of this story, I'll put up a bonus chapter specially for y'all.
This is the second to last chapter, but I'll have a bonus for y'all at least.
The next chapter will come up really early compared to this.
Also, I'm very sorry for the extremely late update.
I would like to personally thank you all, but...
You'll have to deal with a written version.
For everything, from everyone:
Thank you all.

________________________________________________________

Fluttershy awoke to the sun beaming through the windows faintly. It was just reaching sunrise, meaning she woke up fairly early today. She remembered about the dream she just awoke from. She slowly crawled her way to the side of her bed, trying to wake up fully. She began to fall off the side.

"Oh-whoa, whoa, ouch!" She fell to the floor faster than she could open her wings, and she hit the ground with a loud thud. She landed bad on one of her hooves, making her immediately roll over on her side. There was already a bump, starting to create a small bruise on the front part of her front left hoof.

"Oh.. my." She spoke aloud the only words she could, as she rushed her wings and other legs around. She lifted up her injured leg to her chest as she clumsily fly-walked over to the other side of the room. She grabbed a bandage with her mouth, using her available hoof to wrap it around the injury, as small as it was.

She winced in a little pain, and she saw a small amount of blood coming from the main point of impact. She covered it quickly with the bandages, finishing the wrapping quickly. She slowly and carefully set her hoof on the ground, assuring herself that she did things right.

Assured by the loss of pain in her hoof that she did well, she started walking out of the room. Being careful on her hoof still, she started her day as usual. At least, that's what she wished for. She needed another normal day, despite how many she's had so far. Thankfully enough, it was seeming as if she was going to get what she wanted.

What she needed after all these days.

________________________________________________________

Around two hours into the day, Applejack and Big Macintosh were just shifting out of hard work. Applejack turned to see Big Macintosh walking inside the barn. She decided to follow him, get some shade and rest, as well as talk to him a little.

Walking inside the barn, she set her eyes on her brother getting some well-needed rest. She continued walking over to him, and laid down next to him. "Hey Mac." She said quietly. Macintosh raised his head and looked at his sister. His eyes and face were full of confusion and pain.

"AJ, can Ah tell ya somethin'?"

"Of course, Mac."

"Ya know when Ah told Flutter that Ah needed time ta think?" He asked the question fully knowing the answer already, but he received a nod still. "Ever since then," He continued. "Ah've been doin' nothin' but thinkin' o' her. Ah think Ah've had enough time ta think."

When hearing those words from her brother, she ran through her thoughts of yesterday. Fluttershy had said nearly the same thing. She broke free from her memories, and looked into her brothers eyes. Staring deeply into them to see if he was really telling what he felt.

It was truly undeniably true. She could tell when anypony was lying, being the Element of Honesty and all, and her brother was talking through his heart. "Tell ya what," She started calmly, trying to soothe his spirit. "Ah'll go over ta Fluttershy's, an' get her over here. Maybe even get her ta help around at the farm if she can! That'd be fun ta see, wouldn't it?" She asked cheerfully with a genuinely cheerful smile.

He smiled, surprisingly, and nodded. "That'd be great, AJ. Thanks." He said more than thank you, at least to her. She rested for a few moments, taking a nice amount of rest before getting up and walking. She stepped out of the barn, into the light of the brilliant sun, beaming over the entire farm.

The amazing view stunned her and set her mind off track for a moment, before she remembered what she set out to do. 'Silly Applejack,' She thought to herself. 'remember these things.'

________________________________________________________

The third hour into the day, at what would more than likely be 12:00 PM, Fluttershy got a visit. A visit that she was hoping wouldn't come today. She had actually hoped that it was either Twilight, or even Rainbow Dash, quite possibly Rarity. But her hopes of seeing the other girls were dashed as she saw Applejack.

Standing there, head held high and in a cheerful and upbeat attitude. It was a great sight to see, and she was relieved to see that she was cheerful today. She walked towards her and listened for her voice. There it came.

"Hey, Fluttershy! Ah came on good terms, err, whatever fancy word Twilight would use."

Fluttershy stopped in her tracks. Her mind was spinning about several things, but mainly things involving her love. Her stallion. She stopped her own thoughts as she asked what it was. "What.. exactly?"

"It involves Big Mac, if ya want ta go see him. In fact, ya actually won't be seein' him as much as helpin us out at the farm if ya want. It's up ta you ta decide te see him today, like ya said ya would try to."

Fluttershy again stopped everything, and looked at the ground in deep thought. 'The animals will be alright for most of the rest of the day, so they'll be fine. Angel can take care of himself, as he's been doing quite a lot lately. I just feel like I shouldn't leave here..

But then again, I really want to see Big Macintosh today.. I miss him... Wait, what am I saying? Why am I missing him..?' Her eyes saddened and faded, coming up on the memory of the recent events between them. 'All of this confusion.. happiness, sadness, glee, shock... What is all of this leading to? Is any of this even worth it?! I need to see this through. I know that much at least.

She set her mind, looking up to Applejack with a determined stare. "Let's go to the farm."