• Published 26th Feb 2022
  • 831 Views, 98 Comments

My Little Pony: Sparkling Harmony: Repairing Burnt Bridges - Captain_Cosmos



Sparkler heads back to her remote hometown of KiliHima Village. Much to her utter dismay.

  • ...
3
 98
 831

Episode 6: Friends, old and new

🎶…We’re gonna make it shake tonight
We’re doing it our way
Say hey hey hey!🎶

The Harmonic Medleys finished their song, and received applause from all the kids, Amber, Hanzal and Candy.

“Woo! That was awesome!” Lucky exclaimed.

“Yeah!” Candy responded. “I had been wanting to listen to you guys ever since Sparkler told me about the Harmonic Medleys. You guys ROCK!”

“Thanks Candy.” Sparkler responded.

At that moment, everypony heard somepony clear their throat, followed by a pair familiar voices. “Anypony up for some Lemonade?” Twilight asked.

“Not as tasty as Sparkler’s homemade lemonade but it’s probably good.” Aurora added.

At that, they all turned to see a bunch of lemonade glasses floating in the air. “Awesome!” Everypony took a glass. “Thanks Aurora, Twilight.”

Sparkler smiled as she took her glass. “You tried replicating my recipe again didn’t you mom.” She said as she approached the porch to the backyard.

“Can you blame me? Seriously, how did you manage to make a lemonade recipe that has eluded me for so long?” Aurora asked jokingly.

“One of her many talents.” Twilight responded.

“I call it a happy accident.” Sparkler said as she sipped her lemonade.

“Hmm. Speaking of happy, Sparkler, a pair of ponies are here to see you.” Thundercracker called out as he walked out onto the torch. And he wasn’t alone.

Sparkler glanced at the door to see who came by, and smiled when she saw a pair of familiar faces. A middle aged stallion and a middle aged mare. “Hey! Mr. Rhythm and Ms. Nook!” She exclaimed happily.

Ms. Nook smiled when she was Sparkler. “There she is. Little Sparky!” She approached Sparkler and pulled her into a hug. “How are you Sparkler? I hear things are going spectacularly for you.” She said.

“Yeah. They are. It’s good to see you Ms. Nook.” Sparkler responded as she hugged Ms. Nook back. After a second, they parted and Sparkler turned her attention to Mr. Rhythm. “What’s up Mr. Rhythm?” She asked.

“What’s the preferred tool for keeping time in music?” Mr. Rhythm asked.

“Metronome.” Sparkler responded, immediately seeing what Mr. Rhythm was doing.

“Highest note a vocalist can possibly reach?”

“Soprano C6.”

“Longest running top chart song?”

“Cold Heart.”

“Which version?”

“Original of course.”

Mr. Rhythm smiled and held out his hoof. “Put’er there Rock Star.” He said.

Sparkler chuckled as she bumped Mr. Rhythm’s hoof with her own. “Why the sudden pop quiz?” She asked.

“Just to make sure my best student still knows her stuff.” Mr. Rhythm responded. “It’s good to see you again.”

“Good to see you too. Both of you.” Sparkler said to her old teachers.

At that moment, the three heard throat clearing. Sparkler glanced at Twilight, and chuckled. “Oh, right. Twilight this Ms. Nook, KiliHima school’s Librarian, and this is Mr. Rhythm, my old music teacher. Ms. Nook, Mr. Rhythm, this is Twilight Sparkle, my marefriend.” She said.

Twilight smiled and held out her hoof to shake. “It’s nice to meet you two.” She said.

Ms. Nook and Mr. Rhythm shook Twilight’s hoof. “It’s a pleasure to meet you Twilight.” Ms. Nook said.

“I do hope you’re treating Sparkler right. She’s been through enough.” Mr. Rhythm said.

“Oh don’t worry. Sparkler’s life is a million times better now that she’s living in Ponyville.” Twilight responded.

“Yeah.” Sparkler responded with a blush.

“So. What brings you back here Sparkler? It can’t just be for the Reunion since I was sure you wouldn’t come.” Mr. Rhythm asked.

“Twilight and I were actually called here to solve a friendship problem.” Sparkler responded. “Basically if somepony’s having problems with friendship, somepony will be there to help if we’re called.” She explained. “Say, would either of you happen to know of any ponies having friendship problems?” She asked.

“I haven’t heard anything.” Ms. Nook responded.

“Everything’s been pretty quiet here.” Mr. Rhythm said.

Sparkler and Twilight nodded and glanced at each other. Thinking the same thing. Shouldn’t we have found something by now?

“Eh don’t worry girls. I’m sure you’ll find the problem and solve it.” Ms. Nook told them.

“I just hope we find it soon. I haven’t been egged yet but I’d rather not give anypony more chances than necessary.” Sparkler responded.

“To that end, we’re making sure there’s no food at the Reunion.” Ms. Nook told her. “Normally we would but the school is not going to put up with old habits this time.”

“What do you mean by that?” Mr. Rhythm asked.

“Sparkler and her band are going to be the entertainment at the Reunion.” Ms. Nook explained.

Mr. Rhythm smiled. “You have a band Sparkler?” He asked.

“Yeah. It’s still relatively new.” She gestured over to where her bandmates were. “Autumn Apple on Piano, Feathers on Drums, Flash Sentry on bass, and me as lead singer and guitarist.”

“I was wondering whether you had joined a band yet.” Mr. Rhythm said.

“Hey mom!” Called out Lightning. “Who’re they?” He asked.

Sparkler, Twilight, and Sparkler’s old teachers glanced at the rest of the backyard and Ms. Nook and Mr. Rhythm saw Sparkler’s kids. Ms. Nook beamed. “Oh are those your kids Sparkler?” She asked.

“Wait wait wait, Sparkler has kids?!” Mr. Rhythm said, surprised.

“Yeah. Twilight and I are mothers to nine kids. All adopted.” Sparkler said.

Twilight took Ms. Nook over to meet the kids, while Mr. Rhythm was left speechless. “Nine kids…how long have you and Twilight been a thing Sparkler?” Mr. Rhythm asked.

“Four and a half months. Give or take.” Sparkler responded. “long story how we ended up with nine kids so soon.”

“You sure you can handle it?” Mr. Rhythm asked. “Taking care of kids is no joke.”

“Oh don’t worry. If either of us thought we couldn’t handle it we wouldn’t have adopted all of them.” Sparkler responded, whispering that just in case.

“Alright.” Mr. Rhythm responded. “Just making sure.”

Sparkler chuckled and nudged her head. “Come on, I’ll introduce you.” She said.

Mr. Rhythm nodded and followed Sparkler.

The kids were excited to meet two of their mother’s old teachers. Although Crystal did ask the obvious question. What the heck was going on that their mother’s bullies were allowed to bully her for so long to which the answer was,

“Nothing COULD stop it. We literally tried every plausible avenue to stop it. But nothing worked.”

Overall, there were good emotions during the visit because her teachers were glad that Sparkler had found a place where she could be herself and be happy. Ms. Nook and Mr. Rhythm were introduced to Sparkler’s band. And the kids got to hear a sweet little story of how their mom got her cutie mark and managed to have a rare moment of sweet revenge against her bullies. As well as other stories of Sparkler in school while NOT being bullied.

Finally, after the impromptu cookout and after everypony had gone back home or to the motel, Sparkler and Twilight slid into bed together. “Hey Sparkler?” Twilight asked.

“Yeah Twi?” Sparkler asked.

“Are you sure you’ll be able to handle being at the Reunion tomorrow?” Twilight asked.

“The Harmonic Medleys are performing tomorrow, and according to Ms. Nook there’s going to be no food at the event. So I should be fine.” Sparkler responded.

“Uh huh. What about Brad? You two are supposed to meet in the music room early on in the event.” Twilight said.

“Worse case scenario, I’m the one with magic, and I’m pretty sure he knows full well now how well connected I am. So…I guess you could say he’s got nothing on me this time.” Sparkler said.

“Well, remember, no matter what happens. I’m really glad you’re doing this. What he did wasn’t right but at least he sounds like he wants to bury the hatchet.” Twilight said. “But if he tries anything, I’m coming in there and teaching him a lesson.”

Sparkler couldn’t help but laugh as she kissed Twilight’s cheek. “If he tries anything I’m not even sure who will get him first. You, Flappy, or me.”

“We’ll see. Goodnight Sparkler.” Twilight said.

“Night Twilight.” Sparkler responded, both of them drifting off the sleep holding each other.

To be continued…

Author's Note:

If you want a more detailed story of how Sparkler struck back against her bullies AND got a Cutie Mark out of it, Be sure Like any Sparkling Harmony story. I'll post the Cutie Mark Chapter when a milestone is reached.

(This is edited because I remembered I hadn't posted the chapter yet. Oopsies. Sorry.)

Next Chapter will probably be the last one. So stay tuned for that.

THX FOR READING!