• Published 25th Feb 2022
  • 760 Views, 9 Comments

My Little Pony: Sparkling Harmony: The Harmonic Medleys - Captain_Cosmos



Sparkler and a few of her musically oriented friends form a band.

  • ...
3
 9
 760

The Harmonic Medleys

🎶Long before we tried
to get tangled up and tied

We took so much for granted
with nothing to hide

I’ll be missing you
Oh I’ll be missing you

The color of the leaves
remind me of your smile

We go on walking
mile after mile

I’ll be missing you
Oh I’ll be missing you

Love will always be the key
look into my heart and see
come on now

I’ll be there
in moments of sorrow
I’ll be there
just tell it to your heart
my love’s everlasting

I’ll be there
there’s no more denying
I’ll be there
and never far apart

Just listen to my heart

Every single day
Every single hour

That time with you
I treasure forever

I’ll be missing you
Oh I’ll be missing you

Our love is strong
And so is our bond

We let the music
Flow through us

I’ll be missing you
Oh I’ll be missing you

Love will always be the key
look into my heart and see
come on now

I’ll be there
in moments of sorrow
I’ll be there
just tell it to your heart
my love’s everlasting

I’ll be there
there’s no more denying
I’ll be there
and never far apart

Just listen to my heart

Just listen to my heart.🎶

Autumn strummed the last note and the song came to an end. Sparkler smiled as she stopped recording and her, Flappy, and the chicks all clapped. “That was awesome you guys!” She exclaimed to Autumn and her roommate/new marefriend of two weeks, Feathers.

“Crow! So catchy! Crow!” Flapperina said.

Autumn and Feathers smiled and blushed. “It wasn’t anything really.”

“Yeah. Just a song we came up with.”

“Well it’s certainly something for being not anything really.” Sparkler responded.

It was another beautiful day in Ponyville and Autumn and Feathers had come by because they wanted to record a song. Something Sparkler was more than happy to do for them, since she had nothing else to do with class in session for Twilight and the kids.

“Ya know. If you’re interested in making it even more awesome, I got a good country vibe from the song, we could turn it into a real banger.” Sparkler offered.

“Oh, that’s fine Sparkler.” Autumn responded. “We just wanted to do this for fun. We don’t need anything extra done to it.”

“If you say so.” Sparkler responded.

“Squawk! So, remind us again how you two got together? Squawk!” Flappy asked.

“Nothing too special.” Feathers responded. “Our muzzles accidentally locked after I fell on Autumn, and that revealed some pretty good feelings between us.” She explained.

“You could say for me it was love at first sight, once I got to know her a little I mean.” Autumn responded.

“Seriously. Imagine finding a mare who has similar interests to you.” Feathers said.

“Oh I can imagine it.” Sparkler said.

“Squawk! Me too. And I know where it can lead. Squawk!” Flappy smiled as he glanced at his three kids.

“Yeah. I’d love it if Autumn and I could adopt a kid or two one day.” Feathers commented.

Everypony laughed as they all started up the stairs. “How about nine kids?” Sparkler responded jokingly. “Though I don’t recommend rebirthing them. Because bad things happen.” She warned, remembering Hearths Warming.

“Oof. Yeah, if we ever decide to go the route of a pregnancy spell, remind us never to go anywhere.” Autumn said, well aware of Sparkler’s experience.

The three mares and the four birds stepped out into the living room, and Sparkler had turned to the kitchen…only to find something that happened recently. Sparkler froze for a sec, before a deadpan look captured her face. “Oh right. Castle ate my kitchen. Alright the upper level kitchen it is.” Sparkler said.

“Castle ate your kitchen?” Feathers asked.

“Squeak! Yeah. According Twilight, the castle must not like having two kitchens so it swallowed Granny Sparkler’s kitchen. Squeak!” Streaker said.

“It swallowed up nearly the entire upper second floor, leaving only enough room for the hall up to Melody’s room.” Sparkler added. “Essentially the castle swallowed up the bits of my house that it didn’t need.”

“Huh. Interesting.” Autumn responded.

“Squeak! Just as well, we tried having the whole family in the kitchen down here and it didn’t work out. Squeak!” Pecker said.

“So nine kids plus four adults, plus a drake, four parrots and a dog…that’s like 19 mouths to feed.” Feathers did some math.

“Correct.” Sparkler responded as they climbed the stairs up into the main part of the castle. “Kinda hard to fit 19 eaters into that small kitchen.”

“I’ll bet.” Autumn responded.

Soon, the group walked into what was now the sole kitchen in the whole building and Sparkler opened the fridge. “Anypony up for something to drink?” She asked.

“Homemade Lemonade please.” Autumn and Feathers responded.

“Crow! Hey dad can we have Granny Sparky’s Homemade Lemonade now? Crow!” Flapperina asked Flappy.

Flappy chuckled. “Squawk! Oh alright. You can have the lemonade. Squawk!” He finally relented.

His kids all cheered as Sparkler got out a couple of bottles and glasses and kiddie cups (for the chicks) and poured some Lemonade for herself and her friends. The chicks practically dived into the lemonade drinking while Autumn and Feathers, Flappy and Sparkler had a sip themselves.

“Mmm. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. This lemonade is amazing!” Feathers commented.

“Thanks Feathers.” Sparkler responded. “I’m happy others can enjoy what I made.” Rather than simply throwing it back at my face. She thought to herself. She lost count of how many times she had brought something she had made to school for a party or some other special occasion, and her contribution would just end up covering her in less than ten minutes.

“You’d make a fortune selling this lemonade on the side.” Autumn commented. “All of Equestria should try this.”

Sparkler smiled and shook her head. “Eh, I don’t need to make an absurd profit. I already live comfortably and don’t need a giant pile of bits.” She said.

“Not to mention you’re married to a princess in every sense but legal basically.” Feathers remarked.

At that, everypony burst out laughing. Sparkler couldn’t do anything but agree. “I suppose you could say that.” She said.

“Squawk! Then what are you waiting for? Squawk!” Flappy asked.

Sparkler understood what Flappy meant and chuckled. “I don’t know about Twilight, but I’m gonna wait at least a year to pop the question. I mean, it’s only been around 3 months. Sure we have kids, live together, and so on. But some things should NOT be rushed.” She explained.

“Crow! Make sure to send invites when you do get engaged. Crow!” Flapperina commented.

Sparkler nodded and they proceeded to drink their lemonade in silence for a moment, before Feathers noticed a piece of paper on the counter. “Hey, what’s that?” She asked.

Sparkler glanced at the paper and smiled, summoning it closer to show Autumn and Feathers. “It’s a flyer for the upcoming Ponyville Battle of the Bands. Twilight said it’s an annual event where the prize is glory. Wow, Ponyville really is the capital of Friendship.” She said.

Feathers smiled. “Oh yeah! I forgot it’s coming up! I’ve always wanted to participate, but bands need to have at least four members.” She said.

“Yeah. Shame. Looks like it could be fun.” Autumn commented.

Sparkler nodded and went to take another sip, before a realization hit her. As far as she knew, Autumn was proficient in the keyboard and guitar, and she has seen Feathers jam out on the drums a few times. “Say, what if WE formed a band?” She suggested to Autumn and Feathers.

“Us?“ Autumn and Feathers asked.

“Yeah. Could be fun. And I’ve always wondered what it would be like to be in a band.” Sparkler said.

Feathers and Autumn glanced at each other, before smiling brightly. “Yeah! Let’s do it!” Feathers responded.

“If we’re going to compete in the Battle of the Bands though, we’ll need both a name and a fourth member.” Autumn remarked.

“I think I know somepony who would be perfect for the fourth member role.” Sparkler responded.

“As for a name, how about the Harmonic Medleys?” Feathers suggested. “I think it sounds awesome.”

Autumn and Feathers glanced at each other for a sec, before smiling. “I can go for that.” Sparkler responded.

“Me too.” Autumn agreed.

Flappy and his chicks smiled brightly. “Squawk! So who’s the fourth member going to be?” Flappy asked.


“A band?” Asked Flash Sentry.

Sparkler, who had come to his room in the castle (graciously provided by Twilight) nodded. “That’s right. Autumn, Feathers and I are forming a band for the Battle of the Bands and we need a fourth member, I remembered you saying you play bass guitar. So how about it?” She asked.

Flash thought for a moment. “Hm. What’s the band called?” He asked.

“The Harmonic Medleys. And no, I didn’t pick it.” Sparkler added before Flash could say anything.

Flash just chuckled. “Eh, I don’t see why not. I’ve actually been thinking about forming or joining a band in my spare time.” He said.

“Awesome!” Sparkler responded. “So you’re in?”

“Yeah.” Flash Smiled. “I’m in.”

Sparkler beamed. “Great! This is gonna be a blast!” She said.

“Sure is.” Flash responded as they high-winged each other.


Two weeks had gone by since that day. Sparkler and her new band quickly put together a song from scratch and practiced it. Feathers was on drums, Autumn on the keyboard, Sparkler the lead guitarist and singer, and Flash was on the bass. Once they were sure they were going to enter the Battle of the Bands, they signed up. And on the day of the event, they all showed up at the Theatre, where the event was being held. Literally everypony was there, Twilight, AJ, Rainbow, Starlight, and Pinkie sat in the crowd with the Medley-Sparkle kids, well, most of them. Lightning was hovering some meters above, holding a camcorder pointed at the stage so he could film his mom and her new band performing.

Finally, after the Ponytones gave a wonderful performance, Octavia got up on stage to introduce the next band. “Let’s hear it for the Ponytones everypony. Right, our next competing band is one that really only formed recently. So this is their first real performance. With that in mind, let’s give a warm welcome to the Harmonic Medleys!”

The crowd cheered as Sparkler and her bandmates walked out on stage. “Hello everypony! We’re The Harmonic Medleys and this song’s called Gloria. Hope you all like it!“

Feathers drumstick counted them in and they launched into their song.

Throughout the song, everypony was bobbing their heads to the beat, clearly enjoying the song. Soon, the song came to an end and the crowd cheered.

“Thank you everypony!” Feathers called out over the cheers.

The Harmonic Medleys got off the stage as Octavia announced that the judges would now deliberate on the results.


Sparkler and her band all clanked their soda cans together at the after party for the battle of the bands. “To the Harmonic Medley’s first performance.”

“Cheers!” The band said as they took a sip of soda.

“And what a performance it was.” Came a familiar voice. The Harmonic Medleys turned to see Rarity and Fluttershy approach them. “That was a very nice performance darlings.” Rarity said.

“Eh, not as good as you guys. Congrats to the Ponytones’ win today.” Sparkler responded.

“You guys were amazing too.” Fluttershy said.

“They were AWESOME!” At that moment, the group saw their friends and the kids approach. Twilight walked right up to Sparkler and nuzzled her.

“You looked right at home up there.” Twilight commented.

“Yeah! I got the whole thing on my camcorder!” Lightning said. “Are the Harmonic Medleys gonna be a permanent thing?” He asked his mom.

Sparkler glanced over at her bandmates. “What do you all think?” She asked.

“You kidding? I had a blast these last two weeks. Count me in for a full time gig.” Flash responded.

“Us too!” Feathers and Autumn said.

Sprinkle smiled and fluttered her cute little wings. “This makes me want to form a band with you guys!” She told her brothers and sisters.

“Sprinkle, we don’t know how to play instruments.” Crystal stated.

“But you can learn. And thanks to our hive-like mind-link with mom, Sprinkle, Mystic and I can get the lot of you playing like pros in no time.” Pedal told the sextuplets.

“Cool!” The sextuplets all said.

Sparkler and Twilight chuckled. “Oh that would be SO cute!” Sparkler commented.

And so the party continued, and Sparkler was happy. Although her band ultimately didn’t win, she didn’t care, because forming a band period was rewarding in itself.

To be continued next time...

Author's Note:

As Always, this version of Gloria belongs to Glee. I own nothing.

show of hands, who here expected Sparkler to form her own band at some point? Hehe.

yeah this story is meant to be nothing but lighthearted fun to counteract all the more serious stuff that's been happening in SH lately. Hope you all Enjoyed it!

THX FOR READING! Catch all of ya next time when Sparkler returns to Saddle Arabia and faces the demons of her past!

PS. Not sure what happened but for those of you who missed it, SH Seeing Triple is now complete. the updated stories thing didn't show up for some reason when I posted the last two chapters.

Comments ( 9 )

Absolutely beautiful and smashing XD

Just listen to my heart.🎶

What song is this?

“Squeak! Yeah. According Twilight, the castle must not like having two kitchens so it swallowed Granny Sparkler’s kitchen. Squeak!” Streaker said.

The castle is basically Hogwarts's. It has a mind and a will.
And apparently doesn't want two separate kitchen.
Well, I can understand. Two pantries to keep track of, two sinks full of dirty dishes, two freezers to defrost... I'm siding with the castle here.

Sparkler understood what Flappy meant and chuckled. “I don’t know about Twilight, but I’m gonna wait at least a year to pop the question. I mean, it’s only been around 3 months. Sure we have kids, live together, and so on. But some things should NOT be rushed.” She explained.

I mean...
They didn't even have a proper first date!
Not that they didn't try

The crowd cheered as Sparkler and her bandmates walked out on stage. “Hello everypony! We’re The Harmonic Medleys and this song’s called Gloria. Hope you all like it!“

Lol. Gloria was a '79 italian song that got countless covers/imitations in all languages.
It feels strange discovering it was also in Glee.
And now also in Ponyland it seems

“But you can learn. And thanks to our hive-like mind-link with mom, Sprinkle, Mystic and I can get the lot of you playing like pros in no time.” Pedal told the sextuplets.

If they really have a hive-mind mind-link that let information get shared among them so fast, they could do much more than simply learning to play an instrument.
Also a nine-foals band could have a dangerously high level of cuteness.
And destruction power.

11168375
😂 yeah. Third time’s the charm the next date they plan. Hehe.

Also, yeah. Cute as all heck with the Nine-Foal band.

Login or register to comment