• Published 26th Feb 2022
  • 2,717 Views, 185 Comments

Wish Fulfillment (Legacy Version) - Boopy Doopy



Rally saw an advertisement for a spellcaster listed, so she decided to have some fun and asked to be turned into a pony in Equestria. She got what she asked for, but not what she wanted.

  • ...
37
 185
 2,717

(7) Explanation

I didn’t eat that night. I was too busy sleeping, not waking up until the next afternoon. It was the same thing that woke me up when I first got here, too, something that made me deeply frustrated. I had to close my eyes and take a deep breath so as not to scream.

I opened my eyes to feel my hooves and legs aching from all the walking I did yesterday. I didn’t know how long I walked, but considering it was all night and half the day yesterday, it must have been a considerable distance. My legs felt it the most. I could barely get myself to stand up as I got out of bed.

The only reason I got up was to go to the restroom, which was an ordeal to say the least. Part of it was the obvious, but part of it was just because I had no idea how I should set myself up as a pony, especially a stallion nearly as big as Shining Armor. Needless to say, it was a process, one that took an unbearably long time and gave me nothing but wave after wave of discomfort.

I took a shower again, once again letting the water almost burn my skin, before heading out and looking for Rusty Bucket. He left the position on the couch he was in yesterday, which I was thankful for, but I wanted to talk to him about where Ponyville or Canterlot might be. I didn’t have any good guess for where in Equestria Mount Everhoof might be.

I didn’t see him in the house at all, but a quick look outside showed he was sitting in front of his home, stick for a staff in hoof and cloak and bucket on his body. He sat staring ahead, sighing and looking extremely bored. It didn’t look like a fun job, whatever he did.

“Do you just sit out here all day?” I asked as I stepped out, too, standing in the doorway, not wanting to head too far out into the cold. I leaned on the doorframe to support me. I was still extremely tired, and my legs wobbled as I stood.

“This looks like a super boring job,” I said.

“Eh, most of the time it is, but somepony has ta do it, otherwise who’d help somepony in need when they’re about ta fall down a cliff?” I felt embarrassed by the memory as he continued, “The princess herself says it’s a important job. She pays me a good bit ta guard this here mountain.

That was certainly interesting to hear, and led into my next question. “Do you think you could take me to Canterlot? I don’t really know where I’m going, but that seems like a good first spot to head to. That or Ponyville.”

“Can’t leave my post,” he told me. “That’ll be a trip ya hafta make on yer own. There’s a train in the Crystal Empire that goes directly there. Costs a bit ta get there though, more bits than I’m willin’ ta pay.”

“Where exactly is the Crystal Empire?”

“Just ta the south of here, past the Crystal Forest. Probably a four or five day walk from here if I recall correctly, but I got me teleportation ta help me. Guess it depends on how fast ya move and what ya can do how fast ya get there.”

A four or five day journey. At least. It just kept getting worse, didn’t it? This was gonna be such a bitch of a time getting to where I wanted to go. But the Crystal Empire might be good enough. If I could talk to Cadance or Shining Armor, I could probably get to Twilight directly and tell her my problem. And then from there live the rest of my life happily as a unicorn mare in Equestria.

Yeah, right. With the way things were going, the second my body was fixed, I’d get pneumonia and die.

Either way, it wasn’t like I could go there right now. As much as I just wanted to say screw it and press onward, I was way too tired to do anything tonight. Better to rest up and leave later than set off now and die of exhaustion before I got there.

“I can get ya some stuff for yer trip if ya wanted it. I got tents and a little supplies ya can have. I don’t need it much.”

“I’d really appreciate anything you can offer, thank you,” I answered. Then I sighed and said, “This is going to be so much trouble trying to get through all of this.”

“Well how’d ya get up here in the first place?”

“Some guy named Lord Zulu teleported me up here,” I started. “I’m actually not from Equestria. I’m from another world entirely called ‘Earth’. I asked that guy for a spell to turn into a pony and live in Equestria, but I guess he got mad at me for deciding to joke around a tiny bit because he put me at the top of this mountain and turned me into a stallion.”

“That second bit. Are ya not supposed ta be a stallion?”

“No…” I felt my lip tremble a little bit as I said it and my eyes try to tear up. They weren’t able to however, much too dry after the last day and a half I’d spent crying off and on. I blinked anyway, pushing away what nonexistent tears I had as I continued to explain what happened to me.

“I mean, it’s a whole complicated mess of a story what I am, but no. I’m a woman… err, a mare. I’ve been one for way too long to want to go back to living like this.”

“Go back to?”

“That’s the part that’s the complicated mess. The point is I hate this with my whole being.”

“Mmm. Well, I can see how ya might not like that,” he commented thoughtfully. “Can’t say I’d take ta being a mare very much, but I’m a stallion born and raised. Don’t think I know any stallion that’s not either. But if anypony can help ya, it’s sure ta be Princess Cadance. I heard a bunch of stories about how she and her sister help ponies all the time. Probably would be nothing for her ta fix ya right on up.”

“That’s what I was thinking. But I’m just way too tired to head out now, as much as I want to get going.”

“Well, yer always welcome ta stay here as long as ya want. Like I said, ain’t no trouble ta me. Speakin’ of which, I don’t recall ya havin’ supper last night. Let me go ahead and get started on some.”

We both headed back inside with that, and he got started on it. I once again wanted to say something about him taking off his cloak, but refrained, deciding it was just gonna be something I had to deal with being here. It didn’t make me any less embarrassed and self conscious about myself. Not to mention, draw attention to parts of myself that I hated.

I did my best to ignore that as I looked around his house while he cooked. It was extremely nice, pristine looking to me. It greatly reminded me of the home I lived in until I was around five, with a few couches put up in the living room and a dining room effectively attached to it and a kitchen farther back. It looked like it was all on one level from what I could tell, but it made the place feel bigger somehow. The living room especially looked amazing, with a burning fireplace and a bookshelf overhanging it, lining two of the walls. I’m sure Twilight Sparkle would’ve been proud of the collection.

A book in particular that caught my eye was one that was purple with a horseshoe on the cover. It had five gems and a star in the middle, as well as five colored ribbons of a certain pony’s friends. I knew instantly what book it was, and grabbed it off the shelf to examine it.

I almost expected to not be able to read it, but luckily enough, it was in English. The first couple of pages confirmed that it was indeed Twilight’s Book of Friendship, and confirmed to me that the time I was in was after season six. Between season seven and the middle of season nine, it seemed, which was a great deal of help to me. Talking to Twilight in season seven would be vastly different from talking to her in season two.

I only read a couple of the stories in there, flipping through for a while to see that it only highlighted stuff I already knew about and watched in the show. Eventually, Rusty Bucket came back in and offered me a plate of food, one that I was forced to eat with my mouth because of my lack of magic and hoof grip. It was good anyway, the dinner mainly consisting of mashed potatoes and cheesy bread. I was even able to choke down the small sample of hay, although I couldn’t say it tasted that great.

I was already getting tired again after the meal, even though I’d only been awake for a couple of hours. I figured it might do me well to go to sleep early, but I decided to ask Rusty a couple of questions I had about Equestria first, namely Princess Luna and what she said.

“I was having a nightmare and Princess Luna visited me in my dreams,” I started. “She said something about not being able to help me because I’m not an Equestrian? Do you know what’s up with that?”

“Oh, Princess Luna don’t be visitin’ the dreams of us here in the Crystal Empire,” he told me. “The border between them and Equestria extends about halfway up Mount Everhoof. I heard it’s because Princess Celestia wants to make sure Grogar’s bell stays in Equestrian borders, but as to why, I don’t know. But as of now, you’re officially in the territory of the Crystal Empire.”

“But what does that have to do with she not being able to help me?” I asked. “She saw me in my dreams and I told her I was stranded up there but she didn’t do anything because of some international law.”

The stallion shrugged, saying, “Probably somethin’ that was put into place hundreds of years ago that nopony cares about. She’s a stickler for things like that. All of them are, actually.”

That didn’t sound great to hear. I could only wonder how much trouble it would be to try and get something done hearing that if they didn’t even want to help me when I said I was stranded at the top of a mountain. How much trouble I might get in just for being here in the first place. I hoped he was just exaggerating the truth and that it was only Princess Luna who acted like that.

He put a hoof on my shoulder, a move that made me shudder– I needed to remind myself that ponies didn’t wear clothes and he wasn’t trying to come on to me– as he said, “Don’t ya worry one bit. Princess Cadance is as nice as ever. I met with her a few times, and she was nothin’ but kind ta me. I’m sure she’ll be ta you as well. The ponies of the Crystal Empire can be a bit... eccentric, but the princess herself is sweet as pie.”

That made me feel better, and I gave a tiny smile to him. “Thank you.” Then I yawned and said, “I guess I’ll head to sleep now so I can wake up early to head out tomorrow. Um, can you show me the supplies you were talking about?”

“I don’t have it out yet, but I’ll get it set out for ya while ya rest. But ya don’t have ta leave tomorrow. Ya can stay here as long as ya want. It’s nice havin’ some company with me.”

“I’m not keen on going back out so quickly, but I cannot stand the idea of being in this body for one second longer than I have to,” I replied. “Being a man is just… ugh.” I had to close my eyes and take a deep breath to keep myself composed. I wanted to keep those thoughts out of my head and think of anything other than dysphoria, because boy, did it feel bad being a boy.

“But I’m gonna head off to bed now,” I continued, yawning again. “Wake me up when the morning time comes? I don’t want to waste any time tomorrow trying to get to the Crystal Empire.” I had no interest in anything other than moving all day, and part of the night, too, if I could manage it.

“Sure, I’ll be sure to. Ya better go on now and rest up then,” he told me. “And if ya ever decide ta come back and visit Mount Everhoof again, make sure ta stop by.”

“I’ll be sure to,” I responded as I trudged off. “Goodnight.”