• Published 28th Feb 2022
  • 8,481 Views, 228 Comments

The Rise Of An Empire - KingSombraTheTyrantRuler



What if Twilight didn't accept the apologies from her mentor, brother, and friends?

  • ...
17
 228
 8,481

Chapter 5

"So, what should we do now?" Thorax asked. "The umbrum are freed, the Queen is severely injured and can't help us, and-"

"What did you say?" Pharynx asked.

"I said that Queen Chrysalis is way too injured to help us."

"Do you know how she got those injuries?"

"Um... She just fell out of some portal with them."

"Portal? Huh..."

Just then a changeling entered the room and said, "I know how the Queen attained those numerous injuries. And I also know who is to blame for the freedom of the Umbrum."

"Who are you?" Pharynx asked. "Have you been eavesdropping on us this whole time?"

"My name is Kevin, the changeling who was sent to spy on the ponies," he answered. "And yes, I have been eavesdropping on you both this entire time. I had simply been passing by when I heard you."

"I won't punish you for eavesdropping... Because we have questions, and only you have the answers," said Pharynx.

"Then I shall tell you..."


"And that is how Queen Chrysalis attained her injuries, and is to blame for the freedom of the Umbrum," Kevin finished. "It may have been Twilight Sparkle who cast the spell, but if it weren't for our Queen, they wouldn't be free."

A pregnant pause followed his statement until Thorax broke the silence. "...So what should we do now?"

"Find a new leader of course," said Ocellus.

"What are you doing here?" Pharynx asked, shocked.

"I was here all this time, remember?"

Pharynx shrugged. "Anyways, new leaders don't just fall out of the sky, Ocellus," he scoffed.

"Or maybe they do..." Thorax said. "We could join King Sombra."

"Join King Sombra?" Kevin asked. "As in King Sombra the tyrant Umbrum ruler of the Crystal Empire?"

"Yes."

Pharynx laughed, and Kevin blinked. "You're crazy, Thorax," the former said. "We're changelings. We can't serve an Umbrum!"

"Why can't we?" asked Ocellus.

"Umbrums take ponies' emotions away, making it impossible for us to get the love we need to survive," spat Pharynx. "What do you think of Thorax's idea, Kevin?"

"I think it's a good idea," Kevin spoke.

"What?!"

"Yes."

"You're kidding. Don't make me laugh."

"I'm not joking. The Umbrums make everything so melancholy that it's impossible for us to find love to feed on. However, if we were to tell King Sombra we'd join him if he makes sure that there's still some love for us to feed on... It would be beneficial for us in the long run," Kevin explained. "Also, he's probably going to take over Equestria and could easily eradicate us all. If we were helping him, if we were his allies, then we'd be safe."

"I guess...You're right," Pharynx nodded.


King Sombra was just about to fall asleep when a guard knocked on his door.

He said, "You may enter," and upon seeing the guard, asked, "What do you want?"

"A letter came for Miss Twilight Sparkle, Your Majesty."

"So take it to her, you idiot!"

"As you wish, Your Majesty."

After the guard closed the door, King Sombra muttered, "Why do all guards have no brains?"


Heartbreaker was grinning as she electrocuted the former Princess. "So Celly, do you think that Twilight will come as soon as she reads the letter, or will take her sweet time in coming? I do hope she'll take her sweet time, because I've still got so much left to do with you!"


It was morning in the Crystal Empire, and instead of having breakfast, Twilight Sparkle was chewing her hooves as she stared at a piece of paper.

Seeing this, King Sombra asked, "What's the matter? Do you not like the breakfast? I can have the servants make something else for you..."

Twilight looks up and says, "N-no, the breakfast is wonderful. It's just that I got a letter last night from my former foalsitter, who is now the Queen of Equestria. She has Celestia as her prisoner, and has invited me to go and kill that manipulator."

"Why are you worried about that?"

"I wanted to, well... I thought it'd be better if I knew some more dark magic spells so that I'd be able to have all the fun I want, torturing Celestia."

"And I guess you wanted me to teach you?"

Twilight nodded. "Yes. If you don't mind, that is."

"I'd be more than happy to teach you, Twilight."


"To Queen Heartbreaker,

I am more than happy to accept your invitation.

However, I'd like if I could have some time to learn a couple of torture spells.

After all, I do want to have all the fun I can with my toy...

I hope you don't mind.

Truly Yours,

Twilight Sparkle."

Heartbreaker's grin grew even wider after reading the letter.

"Guess what, Celly," she chuckled. " Twilight's decided to learn a couple of torture spells before coming here. And you know what that means... Oh, we're going to have so much fun together."


"So, this is how you cast the horn nullifier spell. It creates crystals on the ponies' horn, which prevents them from using any magic," King Sombra said as he demonstrated on Sweetie Belle. "It also hurts them when they attempt to use magic... Now you try."

After the King had removed the crystals, Twilight tried to cast the spell. "It's not working!" she exclaims in surprise.

"Of course it isn't," Sombra says, causing Twilight to look at him in surprise. "It's not working because you aren't casting it correctly. This is dark magic we're using, remember? Focus on your hatred and anger for Sunbutt, and think about the crystals that will soon grow on this filly's horn. Only then will the spell work."

"Sorry, I forgot." Twilight tried again, focusing on her hatred and anger, and cheered when she succeeded "Yes! It worked!"

Sombra smiled. "Cast this spell a couple more times, and then we'll move on."


"Kill this pony, but you can only use a single spell."

Twilight nodded, and then focused hard on her dark magic.

She then casts the Muerte Rápida Pero Dolorosa spell, which gives its victim a quick but painful death.

"¡Maravilloso!" King Sombra says. "Now that you've mastered the Muerte Rápida Pero Dolorosa spell, I can proudly say that you are a master of Dark Magic. But before you celebrate, I need to tell you something."

"I haven't failed a spell, have I?" Twilight asked, worried, leading the King to chuckle.

"Don't worry, you haven't failed a spell. You did perfect in everything... And won my heart." Sombra stares into Twilight's eyes as he says, "I haven't found anypony who could rival me in Dark Magic for a thousand years. But now, I've found you. You've won my heart, Twilight Sparkle, and I'm madly in love with you. So now I ask you, will you be my Queen?"

Twilight blushes and says, "I too have fallen in love with you. And while I may not be able to give a speech as grand as yours, yes, I will be your Queen."

Sombra smiled, and then their lips met.


Queen Heartbreaker was writing a letter to Twilight, asking for the date of her arrival when suddenly a crystal mirror began to glow, and out of it stepped none other than Sunset Shimmer and an army of angry teenagers.

The unicorn burst into the throne room and roared, "Get your fat butt off the throne, Sunbutt, because now it's mine!" when she noticed that it wasn't Celestia who sat on the throne, but rather it was the corrupted version of Mi Amore Cadenza. "Cadance?" Sunset asked in surprise. "Why are you sitting there? And what have you done to your mane and fur?"

"I am not Cadance. I am Queen Heartbreaker of Equestria. The traitor Sunbutt is in the dungeons, being tortured, and if you don't do what I say, so shall you."

"Cadance. Enough with the jokes. I've been in a world where they do even more impressive tricks than that, for your information."

Heartbreaker slams Sunset against a wall. "This is not a joke or a trick," she hisses. "I am the Queen of Equestria, and I can put you in a cell next to your former mentor if you don't behave accordingly."

Sunset puts her hooves up, not wanting to be locked in a dungeon. But since she's a pony, she loses balance and falls flat on her face.

"Ow," Sunset rubbed her muzzle.

"You're going to be screaming 'ow' if you don't listen. I will only ask you this question once. Why did you come here with an army?"

"That's simple. I thought Sunbutts fat butt might still be on the throne, and I wanted to dethrone her and take her down with the help of my army. And once I did that, I'd be able to find her little pet- Twilight Sparkle, and take her crown to the human world so that I can rule it!"

"Twilight has never been that traitors pet."

"What did she do to be thrown and tortured in the dungeons, and be branded as a traitor?"

"I haven't branded her yet, but she's a traitor because of what she did during the changelings invasion of Canterlot. She knew what would happen, and decided to pretend she didn't. It's because of her that Chrysalis nearly ruled Equestria. She also lied to Twilight, which turned out badly for her."

"I see." Sunset looked at her hooves before asking, "If you don't mind, can I see Sunbutt in the dungeons so I can have fun torturing her? I learned a lot of torture spells."

"You have permission. Just ask the guard for help getting there."

"Which guard?"

"The only guard that's in this room."


Twilight Sparkle and King Sombra are talking, when the former jumps up, having remembered something.

"I just remembered! Now that you've fully trained me in dark magic, I need to go and give the traitor a painful end."

"Are you sure you need to do it this instant?"

"I've been waiting to do it for such a long time, of course I have to!"

Sombra teleports himself and Twilight to the Canterlot castle. "As you wish, love," he winks.

Twilight heads straight to the dungeons, and is surprised to find Queen Heartbreaker and another pony there.

Sunset Shimmer stops torturing Celestia and looks at Twilight who is staring at her.

"Twilight! You finally came!" Heartbreaker breaks the silence.

"Of course I did, Heartbreaker. I can't wait to start my fun with that traitorous bitch. But before I start, who is this?" Twilight points a hoof at Sunset.

"That's Sunset Shimmer, and she used to be that traitors former student. She came back to try and take over Equestria, but finding that I was on the throne instead and that Sunbutt was in the dungeons awaiting death, she decided to torture the traitor instead. While she was having fun, I told her all that happened while she was in the human world, and she wants to join you and King Sombra. She also has an army with her, and they would join you too."

Twilight hasn't moved her gaze from Sunset since Heartbreaker began speaking, and the unicorn looked at her hooves before looking up and saying, "It is an honor to meet you, Twilight Sparkle. My name is Sunset Shimmer, and as Ca- I mean Queen Heartbreaker has told you, I used to be a student of that bitch. When she didn't give me what I wanted when I wanted it, I escaped to another world to plot my revenge. I came back here with an army of teenagers so that I could get the Element Of Magic and dethrone Sunbutt. But it didn't go as planned. So now, instead of just stealing the Element Of Magic, I've decided to join you on one condition."

"Which is?"

"You give me the element of magic."

"And why should I do that?"

"I am a powerful unicorn. Having me on your side would be much better than having me against you."

"I... Guess you're right. But I'll make my desicion after killing the traitor."

"Take all the time you want Twilight. Just make the right choice."

Twilight nods and then turns to Heartbreaker. "Now that I'm here, you can tell me how you...changed."


Princess Cadance sat in a cave, crying. "Auntie Celestia! Twilight! Shining! Anypony! Save me!"

A few hours later, when her throat had grown sore from screaming for help and crying, Cadence accepted the fact that nopony would be coming to save her.

They are all fools, she thought. They can't even tell the difference between an imposter and myself.

She dried her eyes and stood up. Anger filled her as she thought of Chrysalis marrying Shining Armor.

She got angrier as she thought of how dense they all were.

She would break out of here and get revenge, that was for sure.

But then she saw a screen with Chysalis' face on it. "Just thought I'd let you see how helpless you are," she said before the screen changed to show Twilight begging for her friends to help her, for somepony to believe her.

It showed them all brushing her thoughts aside.

But then it turned off, leaving Cadence in darkness, crying as she realized how helpless she was.

After a while it turned on again to show Chrysalis' marriage to Shining Armor.

What happened next was unexpected. Twilight destroyed Chrysalis, with the bug escaping through a portal. And then it cut off.

Cadance grew angry. The bug was still alive, even if heavily injured. She had to get out of the cave. She had to rescue herself and then get her revenge on Celestia, Chrysalis, and a couple of other ponies.

Her anger gave her the strength to blast a hole in the cave, and she flew out to the throne room.

She kicked the doors open, unsurprised to hear the gasps that followed this.

Celestia was the first to react. "Cadance! You don't know how glad I am to see you!"

The pink alicorn flew to her aunt, but said nothing.

"C-cadance? What's wrong?" Celestia asked, concerned.

Cadance's eyes flashed as she said/sang, "The world is a place

Where I'll gladly learn to live in disgrace

Once I send you to your last resting place

Where the shadows are forever..."


"And then I flew out to the Everfree Forest so that I could come up with a plan to get revenge. But before I could do anything like that, I had to regain my strength. Once I had gotten my strength back, by drinking a couple of potions that a zebra shaman gave to me, I looked into a pond and noticed the changes that had taken place. And that's the story."


Spike had just gotten permission from Twilight to go to the dragon lands, and even though an umbrum guard was supervising him to make sure he was safe, he was happy.

He had arrived just in time for the gauntlet of fire tournament, but as he was about to start running (he hadn't any wings), two dragons stopped him.

One was a tall blue one, and the other was a short orange one.

The blue one laughed, "You're too small to be taking part in this tournament. You haven't even got wings!"

"I'm not too small! I may not have wings, but I'm a fast runner, and I'm strong!"

"You think you can win this?" The orange dragon asked.

"I believe I can win this tournament."

"Well then, how about this? If you win, you can do whatever you'd like to me and Ember. And if you lose..."

"We'll get to do whatever we want to you," finished Ember. "Deal, or no deal?"

"It's a deal."


Spike had won, surprising every dragon. He was now the ruler, but before he did anything like- he didn't know- whatever a ruler was supposed to do, he needed to find two particular dragons.

However, before he could move, Ember and Smolder came up to him.

"It beats me as to how a baby dragon such as yourself won, but we're not here to talk about that. Now that you've won, you can do anything you want with us," said Ember.

"How about having you two be the first members of my harem?"

Author's Note:

Spike's harem has officially started!

And yes, that was a part of Hell To Your Doorstep Reprise. I'm a huge fan of The Count Of Monte Cristo Musical, and I couldn't resist adding that part. It fit so well!

I'm sorry for taking so long to upload this; I was busy!

If you enjoyed this, don't forget to vote/like, comment, favorite, track, and follow! (And if you do any of the above, the next chapter might come sooner.)