• Published 17th Feb 2022
  • 724 Views, 25 Comments

Kingdom Hearts: A New World, A New Way - gfr091702



Months have passed when Pokemon have been transported to Equestria. But when the Heartless attack, it's up to a spiky haired human to stop them from consuming the hearts of beings from two different worlds.

  • ...
10
 25
 724

Arrival

Chapter 1: Arrival

"They can take your world.

They can take your heart,

Cut you loose from all you know.

But if it's your fate,

The scene changes to a boy with spiky hairs looking at Ponyville from a distance. This was Sora. He wore a black jacket with grey pockets and a stripe of the same color on each sleeve. The hood, sleeves and jacket had a red lining, and six buttons could be seen on the front. Underneath, Sora wore a black tank top with a V-neck style collar and a white lining. His gloves were replaced with gauntlets with a similar color scheme to his jacket. The gauntlets had red linings and gray circles on the backs, with yellow buckled straps wrapped around Sora's wrists. The palms of his hands were exposed. Sora's shorts were black, and are roughly the same length as they are in his Kingdom Hearts II attire, with several gray pockets. A red band wrapped around each pant leg. His shoes also resembled those of his Kingdom Hearts II outfit, with the blue straps and zipper now removed.

then every step forward will always be a step closer to home."

(Play Kingdom Hearts Face My Fears)

Sora found himself enjoying the years of the islands with his two best friends. Even sharing the same dream with Riku and Kairi as they ran along the beach shores.

"Breath, should I take a deep?"

They turned to Sora as they smiled at him. He smiled back at them.

"Faith, should I take the leap?"

Unaware to them, a strange figure was watching them from a distance.

"Taste, what a bittersweet~ All my, all my life~"

His eyes began to glow with a red infinity symbol and darkness shrouded the islands much to Sora and his friends' horror.

"Let me face, let me face, let me face my fears!"

Much to Sora's horror, he saw Riku turn to Ansem the Seeker of Darkness. Ansem then proceeded to blow Sora and Kairi away. The young teenagers tried to reach out to each other but were blown off to the other worlds.

"Oh, let me face, let me face, let me face my fears!"

Sora was then caught by Donald and Goofy. Each gave Sora reassuring smiles. Soda smiled back at them as he summoned a magic weapon called the Keyblade.

"Won't be long, won't be long, I'm almost here~ Watch me cry all my tears~"

Sora then ran up and struck Ansem down and Ansem faded away to the darkness. The dark figure watched these events as his eyes glowed again and Sora, Donald, and Goofy ended up in Castle Oblivion.

"Lose, soon have nothing to~"

Naminé drew in her Notebook as Marluxia watched her with a smile on his face when someone burst through the door. It was Sora, Donald, and Goofy.

"Space, this is what I choose~"

Marluxia summoned his weapon, a scythe, into his hand as the three junior heroes went into their battle stances.

"A mile, could you walk in my shoes? All your, all your life~"

The heroes engaged the villain as Roxas, Axel, and Xion enjoyed their ice cream as they watched the sunset in Twilight Town.

"Let me face, let me face, let me face my fears!"

Sora and his team came out victorious as Naminé (With Kairi by her side) smiled in gratitude. Sora (With Ventus by his side) smiled back.

"Oh, let me face, let me face, let me face my fears!"

The figure simply looked down as his eyes shined again. This time Sora was surrounded by thirteen figures in similar outfits.

"Won't be long, won't be long, I'm almost here~ Watch me cry all my tears~"

Xemnas smirked on this throne. Sora's eyes narrowed in anger when someone placed a hand on his shoulder. He turned to see Riku by his side as he gave him a nod. Together, they took down Xemnas.

"Watch me cry all my tears~"

Sora turned to see Kairi on the shores of the Destiny Islands. The Princess Of Heart smiled as she waved to him as she held a paopu fruit in her hands. He beamed for joy as he was about to run over to her when the man's eyes glowed again. Kairi was stuck down by Master Xehanort and his thirteen darkness much to Sora's horror.

"Let me face, let me face, let me face my fears!"

Sora glared at Xehanort as he used his Keyblade to summon forth Riku, Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Ventus, Terra, Aqua, Roxas, Axel, and Xion to join the fight.

"Oh, let me face, let me face, let me face my fears!"

As the Guardians of Light battled the Seekers of Darkness, Sora took on Xehanort himself. He then joined with all his friends as he used his Keyblade to defeat Xehanort for good.

"Won't be long, won't be long, I'm almost here~"

With Xehanort defeated, Sora saw Kairi's heart. He made a dash for it as he reached out to her. Once he was close enough, Kairi returned ran towards him.

"Watch me cry all my tears~"

Sora and Kairi pulled each other into the hug under Kingdom Hearts's Light as the man watched over them as the infinity symbols in his eyes began to glow one last time...

Kingdom Hearts: A New World, A New Way

They gathered as many Keyblade Wielders they could find and took on Xehanort and his Seekers of Darkness for one final clash. Despite the victory over the Keyblade War, Sora had nearly lost to Kairi. The girl he loves. So, using the Power of Waking, he traveled to the past to collect the fragments of Kairi's heart.

Once Kairi was restored, Sora brought Kairi to the Final World. The Princess of Heart stared at the world's beauty, "It's so pretty."

Sora smiled, he knew Kairi would like his place, but suddenly his hand felt funny. He took a look at it and noticed he was starting to fade away. It was like Chirithy and even Xehanort warned him. Paying the ultimate price. He knew he had only a day to stay with her before fading away. However, if it was enough for his friends, Will Turner and Elizabeth, then it was enough for him too.

He turned to his lifelong friend with a smile, "Kairi. Come on. Everyone's waiting."

Kairi nodded, making Sora's smile wider when he blinked. He had nearly forgotten about the one who helped him get Kairi back. He looked around the Final World as Kairi looked to him with concern, "What's wrong?"

"Well... My friend should be here, but..." Sora explained to her before calling out, "Heeeey! Chirithy!"

Just then, Chirithy appeared before Sora's feet as he gasped in shock, "Whoa! Hey, why didn't you say anything?"

"I was just trying to give you two some privacy," Chirithy told them.

This made the two smile as they shyly blushed at that. Kairi then giggled a little at how cute Charity looked. Kairi then walked up the Dream Eater before knelt to him as she offered him her hand, "Nice to meet you."

"Oh, likewise." Chirithy nodded as he shook Kairi's hand, "I'm glad you're okay."

Once they released their hands, Sora told Chirithy, "Chirithy, we're heading home. You should come with us."

"Whaaaaaaat...?" Chirithy gasped in shock.

Sora explained as Kairi smiled in agreement, "Take it from me, it's not enough to wait for someone you care about. It's true that hearts are connected wherever you are. If it's impossible for you to be together, then all you can do is wait. But, if it is possible to be together, then that's how it should be."

"Sora..." Was all Chirithy could say at Sora's words of wisdom.

Sora commented, "You know, this really is a beautiful place." He then turned to Kairi, who nodded in agreement, as he continued, "But you'd enjoy it so much more with someone you care about. Before I was looking for Kairi, I remembered how important it is... to share these moments with your friends. That's why you're coming with us. I'm taking you to see your friend, Chirithy."

Chirithy began to tear up and tried to wipe away his tears, before giving Sora a grateful nod. Kairi smiled at the Dream Eater as she and Sora knelt down to Chirithy as Sora offered him his hand, "Okay! Let's go!"

—-------------

Later that evening, everyone returned to the worlds they called home. Mickey, Donald, and Goofy left the Gummi Hanger of Disney Castle to see an awaiting Queen Minnie and Daisy waiting for them. King Mickey beamed and ran to his wife. Minnie whipped away a tear and was about to join her husband when Pluto, their dog, beat her to it, tacking his master to the ground. Mickey laughed as his dog licking him, Pluto let up when Minnie joined them. The King sat back up as Minnie giggled. They then smiled happily as they took each other's hands.

Daisy marched her way up to Donald, who began to look afraid until she smiled and hugged her boyfriend. Donald sighed in relief as he hugged back. Jiminy Cricket climbed on to Goofy's shoulder and the two smiled. Everyone then turned to see Master Yen Sid join them with Chip and Dale at his side. Yen Sid smiled with pride at his old pupil when they noticed fireworks going off as the Kingdom of Disney Castle celebrated the King's return and the Guardians' victory. Everyone turned around as they enjoyed the fireworks. They were completely unaware of the fact that sitting on the castle walls, Sora and Kairi were also there enjoying the fireworks as Chirithy jumped for joy at the sight...

The next day, on the Land of Departure, Ventus, Terra, and Aqua had a long overdue funeral for Master Eraqus. Over ten years ago, he was struck down on this very world by Master Xehanort. Aqua had placed the Master's Defender Keyblade, in the ground, and decorated with reef flowers. Hold their wayfinders closer to their hearts, they gave a moment of silence for the deceased Master. They then placed their wayfinders on their Master's Keyblade and returned to their old home.

Chirithy was very nervous meeting his friend for the first time in eons, but Sora gave the Dream Eater a reassuring shove to get out of the opening getting Ven's attention before Chirithy retreated to the corner. Chirithy unsure what to do, tried to remain out of sight. Ventus notices the spying Chirithy and calls to it with open arms. The Chirithy bounds over happily and leaps into his arms, cuddling him before Ven began to introduced his old friend to Aqua and Terra. Sora and Kairi smiled for Chirithy before moving on to what they wanted to do next…

—-------------

Later in Twilight Town, Roxas and Axel, now in his new clothes that Master Yen Sid gave him before the second Keyblade War, sat on the bell tower enjoying the sunset like they used to do. Xion, also in her new outfit, joined them. The three smiled as they were finally together, yet there was something still missing. Just then Isa, the former Organization known as Saïx, joined them and offered them all sea-salt ice cream. Everyone smiled as they each took one and Isa joined the group. A minute, Hayner, Pence, and Olette joined them, with their own ice cream. The four smiled and greeted Roxas's friends.

As the seven of them enjoyed their ice cream, they were completely unaware that above them sat Sora and Kairi holding hands as they too shared the frozen treat. As they watched the sunset a dark shadow, flew above them. While Hayner, Pence, and Olette were curious at what they saw, the others knew what it was easily...

On Radiant Garden, Ansem the Wise, Ienzo, and Even finished their latest project to revive Naminé having been brought back to life using Dark Riku's replica vessel. In the other room, Sora used his Kingdom Key Keyblade to free Namine's heart from Kairi's without harming the Princess. Kairi then proceeded to place the heart in the new vessel, causing the former Nobody to wake up in the lab in Radiant Garden's castle. The three scientists smiled at this...

When she was able to walk, Dilan and Aeleus escorted her out of the castle where the Gummi Ship was waiting for her. Riku exited the ship, where he smiled at the sight of Naminé and offered her his hand to take her to their other friends. Naminé smiled and took it as they entered the Gummi Ship. With that, the ship flew away from the world and headed back to the homeworld where Sora, Riku, and Kairi grew up...

—-------------

On Destiny Islands, with everyone gather, they spent their day playing on the beach. Riku, Roxas, and Terra raced each other as Mickey and Aqua cheered them on. Ven, Axel, and Isa played catch with one of Lea's old frisbees.

Naminé and Xion collected sea-shells near the water. Hayner, Pence, and Olette made a sand sculpture of Mickey, however, they were shocked by Donald's spitting image sand sculpture of himself. Donald showed it off to Goofy as he made the exact pose as his sculpture of himself. Goofy tried to warn Donald but it was too late when the frisbee knocked over the sculpture burying him in the sand.

Donald then lost his temper as he shook the sandpile off him. He then began yelling at the boy responsible, as Ven tried to apologize. Everyone else began laughing at the sight before they turned to see Sora and Kairi sitting on the Paopu tree watching the sunset, as they held each other's hands. Sora had successfully brought Kairi back. They held their hands each other tightly as they turn to each other and smiled. Tears slide down the Princess of Hearts check as she knew what was to come next. Much to everyone's horror, they watched helplessly as Sora faded-away.

Before he vanished completely, he made Kairi a promise, "I'll come back to you, I promise."

With that, Sora has vanished completely. Kairi sniffed as she replied, "I love you."

She then finally broke down crying as she sat there alone…

—-------------

Night time had long since dawned on this farm, a farm with acres of trees filled with delicious, red apples. The only inhabitants of this farm resided within a homestead that resembled a barn more than a house. Looking out of a window on the top floor was a young sapient pony with yellow fur, a plump red mane and tail, large (very large) orange eyes, and a cute little pink bow atop her head.

"Apple Bloom, shouldn't ya'll be in bed?" Another pony spoke from behind, startling the filly named Apple Bloom. She turned around to see, just outside the door frame, an orange mare with white freckles on her cheeks, a blonde mane that was held with a red band at the back (her tail had an identical appearance), lime green eyes, and a brown stetson hat. One major difference between the mare and the filly was that the former had an image of three apples upon her flanks. This older equine looked at smaller one with a stern gaze.

"Aww c'mon, Applejack. Can't ah stay up for just a little longer?" Apple Bloom pouted, quivering her lips and enlarging her pupils for added cuteness.

"Apple Bloom, yer a filly," Applejack stated, unfazed by Apple Bloom's killer sad face, "Ya'll need yer sleep. Now git to bed."

"Awww," Apple Bloom slumped. As she was trotting over to her bed, something from the corner of her eye caught her attention. She turned her head back towards the window to confirm her suspicions, "Applejack, look, a shooting star! Make a wish!" The young pony exclaimed in excitement, shutting her eyelids tightly. Applejack peered out the window to look for herself. Sure enough, a trail of light was racing through the night sky.

Most shooting stars would burn out after a while; however, this star continued to build up speed and showed no signs of disappearing. It just kept going—on a collision course towards the farm. Applejack's pupils shrunk as this ball of bright fire impacted near the house, creating a small earth quake and a sizable crater. The orange mare lost her breath as a thick dust cloud obscured the window's vision.

Apple Bloom, for her part, opened her eyes and eagerly glanced at her bare flank, almost as if she expected something to happen. Her face slumped when her expectations failed to reach fruition.

"Awww, it didn't work," she mumbled.

"Apple Bloom, wait here!" the older pony ordered, exiting the room.

"What? Why?" The little filly questioned.

"Just stay put!" Applejack called out, galloping downstairs to the front door and grabbing a nearby lantern with her teeth. She opened the front door and surveyed the impact zone. Nothing of value was damaged, thankfully,

Applejack was soon joined by a bulky red stallion with a short and messy orange mane and tail, emerald green eyes, and a mark on his flanks of a green apple and its core.

The two ponies were also joined by two bipedal, canine-like Pokémon with predominantly blue and black fur. They each possessed a short, round spike on the back of each forepaw, in addition to a third on its chest. They have red eyes, long snouts, and ears. When its mouth is open, two pairs of pointed teeth, one in the upper jaw and one in the lower, can be seen. It possessed cream-colored fur on their torso’s and blue fur on its thighs that resemble shorts. They had medium-length tails of the same blue color as well. They stand on its toes rather than on its entire foot. It has developed four black appendages that hang down from its head. One of them was wearing a white and red helmet with matching boots that appeared to be roller skates.

The four looked at each other and gave respective nods. They carefully approached the impact zone, wary of potential danger. Even after reaching the lip of the crater, the dust in the air prevented them from seeing what crashed into their farm. After letting the dust settle for a moment, they got a full look at the center.

"What in tarnation?" Applejack muttered.

Korrina and Lucario gasped in unbelief. In the center of the crater, was something they never thought they would see again. A human.

But their aura sense told them that something was off about this boy, that he was not normal. The boy seemed to be perfectly fine despite crashing into the dirt, no serious bruises, cuts, or any other kind of injury; however, he was still unconscious. Despite his miraculous luck, Applejack felt the need to aid this mysterious being.

"Korrina, can you carry him to the spare room?" Applejack asked the female Lucario.

"Oh, uh, sure," She responded, gently picking up the boy with her arms. Making their way out of the crater, they returned to the homestead to provide this human some shelter.

—-------------

Meanwhile, in the Hall of Legends, Arceus, a white equine Pokémon resembling a qilin or centaur with a gray, vertically-striated underside was observing the Keyblade Wielder that fell from the sky through a golden ring-like portal. The striated pattern on the Pokemon had similar recurrences on the underside of its mane, tail, and face. Its four pointed feet were tipped with gold hooves. Its long mane juts away from its head, and its face is gray, with green eyes and red pupils, and a green circular pattern below its eyes. Arceus also has a streak of gold coloration on its head, and ears that point upward. Its neck is fairly long, with two pairs of extrusions to the sides, and a flap-like feature on the neck's underside that is colored white like much of the body. Arceus also has a golden cross-like wheel attached to its body by its round abdomen, which changes color along with its eyes and hooves based on its current type, which depends on the Plate or type-specific Z-Crystal that it wields. The wheel also has four jewels attached to it. The pattern of striated gray of Arceus's underbelly resumes past Arceus's waist. Its limbs have gray undersides and extrusions at the tops of the legs. Arceus's tail is fairly like its mane in terms of shape and coloration.

“So, the time has finally come.” Arceus said to himself, as the portal then vanished. “Let us see if this human is trustworthy.”

—-------------

Sora groaned as he opened his eyes, as he opened his eyes. He sat up and took a quick look at his surroundings: a small, rustic bedroom with only a bed, a full sized mirror, a side table with a lamp, and a drawer with some clothing items on top. This was not an area he recognized.

But one thing was for sure: this was a new world.

He stiffened when he heard the door creak behind him. He turned around to see little Apple Bloom peeking her head from the opposite side of the door. The little filly's eyes widened when she realized her cover was blown. Sora eyed the opened entryway curiously, "Hello?" Apple Bloom entered the room proper.

"Hi there," Apple Bloom greeted. The pegasus tilted his head at the adorable creature, "I'm Apple Bloom. What's yer name?"

"I'm Sora. Nice to meet you, Apple Bloom," Sora replied with a smile, which the little filly replicated. It was nice to see a friendly face after such a shock, "Hey, do you know where we are?"

"Sure do! You're in Sweet Apple Acres, the best apple farm in all of Equestria!" Apple Bloom proudly stated.

‘Equestria?’ Sora thought, ‘What kind of a world did I end up in?’

"Hey, where ya from, Sora?" Asked an eager Apple Bloom, bring Sora away from his thoughts, "Ah'm just a little curious since ya fell from the sky and everything," That statement floored Sora, metaphorically of course.

"I fell from the sky?!" Sora repeated loudly. Apple Bloom reeled backwards in surprise from Sora's outburst.

"Uh, yeah... ya kinda did," The small filly responded with trepidation, "Ya still didn't answer my question."

Sora pulled himself back to reality, "Oh, I'm from... really far away," He answered.

"How far away?" The small filly prodded, disappointed with his vague response.

"As far away as you can imagine," He did not want to reveal the true nature of where he came from, so he was intentionally vague with the details. Apple Bloom was unsatisfied with Sora's answer, scrunching up her face in disappointment.

"Apple Bloom! There you are!" Came the stern voice of Applejack, who was standing outside the door, with Korrina standing next to her. Apple Bloom froze in place as her sister stormed into the room, "What do ya think yer doin? Ya'll have chores to do!"

"Applejack, Korrina, ah was just—uh..." Apple Bloom scratched her head in thought for a good explanation, "Oh, Sora here has amnesia, and ah was helping him remember what he forgot," Sora raised his eyebrow in confusion, that was a clear lie. He never said anything about amnesia.

Unfortunately for Apple Bloom, Applejack and Korrina weren't buying it. Not one bit. After shaking her head in disapproval, the orange mare lowered her face to Apple Bloom's eye level, "Apple Bloom, what have I told ya about lying'?"

The yellow filly looked down at the ground in defeat, "That it only leads to trouble."

"Exactly. Now stop pestering this boy and go do your chores," The orange mare ordered, then added in a softer tone, "You'll get to talk to him later,” Apple Bloom trotted away in irritation, huffing in the process. After the little filly left the room, Applejack addressed Sora proper, "Sorry 'bout that, Sora was it?"

"Yeah, and you're Applejack, right?"

"That's right," She responded with a tip of her hat, "Pleasure to meet ya. Sorry 'bout Apple Bloom," Applejack sighed with a shake of her head.

"I swear, it's impossible to get that kid to listen sometimes." Korrina said.

"She wasn't bothering me that much," Sora defended.

"Aww hooey," Applejack said, "Y'all should be resting after that crash of yer's."

"I feel just fine," Sora replied, stretching and moving about his legs to emphasize his point. The farm mare scrunched her face in uncertainty. Sora did seem to be fit as a fiddle, but...

"Ah ain't takin' that chance," Applejack poked Sora's chest, "Ya'll get some rest, ya hear. I'll be back later to introduce ya to the rest of the family," She and Korrina left the room, closing the door behind them. Now Sora was left alone on his own to ponder his next course of action.

He brought out his gummi phone and was relieved to see that it still turned on. What was less relieving was that all of his friends and contacts were greyed out. They weren't deleted from his gummi phone, but it was clear that there was no way of reaching them. He'd have to find his way home some other way. He could use the Power of Wakening again, but there was no way of guaranteeing he'd survive another trip like that, or even if the next reality he popped into would be nearly as welcoming. He'd have to make do with what he had here.

After about an hour of waiting, Sora was greeted by Applejack once again. She informed him that the rest of the family was downstairs and ready to meet him properly, so Sora followed Applejack through the hallway and downstairs into the living room where the Apple family was gathered.

Among Apple Bloom and Big Mac, who was now wearing a thick wooden harness around his neck, was an elderly lime green mare with amber eyes and a grayed mane and tail held in a bun. On her flanks was an image of a homemade pie, apple flavor most likely.

"Right then. You've met Apple Bloom," Applejack motioned towards the little filly, who waved at Sora enthusiastically, "This here is Korrina, Lucario, Big Macintosh and Granny Smith." Bic Macintosh gave a curt nod of greeting to Sora while Granny Smith trotted towards Sora to get a better look at him.

"So," Granny Smith acknowledged to Sora, "Yer what all the fuss is about?"

"Yeah, that's me. Sorry," Sora seemed to be genuinely sorry that he might have caused some sort of trouble.

"Psshhh, ya'll got nothin' ta be sorry fer," Applejack reassured, "We were more than happy to give ya shelter for the night."

"Eyup," Bic Macintosh agreed with a nod. The Apple siblings' reassurance brought a smile to Sora's face.

"So how was it ya crashed on our front lawn?" Granny Smith asked.

"I honestly don't know." Sora said, bringing a hand to his chin.

"You have to remember something," Korrina said, unconvinced that Sora had no memory prior to his crash. “Or at least how you are not a Pokemon?”

Sora tilted his head. "What's a Pokemon?"

Everyone suddenly looked at Sora like he'd grown another head. He now felt very self conscious. Had he offended them somehow? Whatever this 'Pokemon' thing was, apparently it was well-known enough in this reality that not knowing it was a problem.

"You… don't know what Pokemon are?" Korrina asked, looking absolutely dumbfounded.

"No, sorry." Sora nervously admitted. "... should I?"

The two of them looked between themselves with looks of confusion and shock. Sora began to panic just a little. This was obviously important information.

"Ya might have hit yer noggin a bit too hard there, sonny," Granny Smith commented.

"I’m actually fine," Sora responded with a rub of his neck. “Is that weird?”

"It’s definitely unusual…" Lucario muttered as he cupped his chin. Korrina gently elbowed him in the side before he continued. "B-but it's not weird, no!"

"So, ah take it you'll be heading off soon," Granny Smith said. Sora didn't think that was a good idea. He knew nothing about his whereabouts, so going off on his own was out of the question.

"I really don't have a place to go at the moment," Sora admitted. He spoke this statement plainly, almost as though he'd been in this scenario before, "Do any of you know someone who could help me?"

"Well, maybe ya can mosey on over to Ponyville just down the road," Applejack suggested, "Ask the locals."

"There's a town near here?" Sora said.

"Yeah, where do ya think we sell our apples?" Applejack replied playfully.

“Right…” Sora chuckled nervously, not thinking about that simple logic. “So, which way is Ponyville?"

"Just follow the path past the picket fence. Ya can't miss it."

(Play Kingdom Hearts II The Afternoon Streets)

He found many other signs that named certain streets, and Sora made note of which ones led back to the farm. Sora passed by a few cafes, apartments, and residents.

Speaking of the residents, one thing Sora had to note was that some of them were ponies. Others seemed to look like alien creatures like Korrina, giving Sora an nervous and surprised look. It excited him to no end. Sora had been to many worlds, each one different from the last. One world had him transform into a Merman-dolphin hybrid, another transformed him into a lion, and one even transformed him into a toy! Despite all the wacky things Sora had seen through his adventures, he would never cease to be amazed by all the things in a new world. This one here was no exception.

Finally, after turning on a street, Sora found what he was looking for: a library inside of a tree. Sora knew that inside the library was a wealth of information on this world, and there he would find the answers he sought.

Initially, when he had first arrived, Sora was tempted to ask the locals where he was, but then reconsidered it, as they would be scared and confused from how they were looking at him. He would normally do something like that, but during those times, he normally had Donald and Goofy with him to help him preserve the world order. Sora never did keep his mouth shut during those times, and here, now that he was all alone, Sora needed to keep quiet about the world order as much as possible, or he'd never hear the end of it from Donald when he returned.

(End Kingdom Hearts II The Afternoon Streets)

"Golden Oaks Library, huh?" Sora said, "Wonder what's inside."

Sora went into the door, opening it. As he went inside, he took in the surroundings. It seemed like there were books to look at, many of which appeared to have pictures on them. At one of the tables, there were two residents sitting across from each other.

The first was a light purple alicorn mare with violet eyes, a simple dark blue mane and tail with streaks of violet and pink, and a cutie mark of a pink star surrounded by five smaller white stars.

The other was a brown extraterrestrial creature with an oblong head that features depressions on both sides, wearing a Lab coat. It had black, symmetrical lines going down the front of its head. Under the rim of its head, there lay two green eyes with small black pupils. It had a lighter brown "collar" and four dots on its chest of the same color. This creature’s arms had three finger-like digits: one red, one green, and one yellow. It had a rim underneath its main body, under which were two small legs.

The Beheeyem held a clipboard and a pen in her physic grasp. The alicorn gleefully finished setting everything upon and stood back. After all, today was a special day.

“Alright Twilight are you ready?”

“I’m always ready.”

“Alright, where is the human heart located?”

“The upper left chest for males, and the upper center for females.”

“What is the ratio of solids to liquids for human blood cells?”

“20 to 80%.”

“How many miles of blood vessels in an average adult human body?”

“100,000.”

“What is their largest internal organ?”

“The liver.”

That's right, a test. While Professor Juniper was more of a Pokémon expert. She was no slouch when it came to human anatomy. So in the interest of preserving what little human culture that remained on this world, she hoped to pass as much as she could onto another for prosperity’s sake. And who better than one of Equestria’s rulers.

“And the final niche random question, how much gold makes up the human body?”

“0.2 milligrams.”

The cerebral Pokémon set down her clipboard and flashed a smile, at least in her mind.

“Congratulations, Twilight. You have successfully passed you course on the human body.”

The alicorn flew into the air and made a gleeful gesture.

“Yes, add another successful test to the folder of Twilight Sparkle.”

The professor then began to put away her things.

“Thank you Twilight, this will help to preserve what knowledge we can on humanity.”

“It's my pleasure Professor Juniper. With your help I'll soon be able to write a book on the human body, after that maybe I can write a book on human history, from their culture, to how they shaped your world and finally how they ended up where they are.”

‘Wait, so other than the ponies, these creatures aren’t from this world?’ Sora thought in confusion.

“Yes, it's a little hard to believe we are actually doing this, considering how...you know.”

The Pokémon did not need a mouth for Twilight to tell that she was internally frowning, not that she could blame her.

“Juniper, can I ask you a personal question?”

“Yes, what about?”

“It's more of a controversial subject considering, so take your time if you have to come up with an answer. Or don’t answer at all.”

“It's fine, really just say it.”

“What's your opinion on humans?”

“....What do you mean?”

“I mean, what did you think of them before the exodus? What do you think of them now that Arceus basically rendered them basically extinct in this world, and the ones from the Pokemon world soon to follow?”

Juniper did not expect that kind of question from Twilight. But then again it was an elephant in the room that barely anyone in their world wanted to address unless you had strong feelings on the matter. And Juniper knew that said feelings varied greatly wherever you went or who you asked.

“Before I answer that, can I have your opinion on humanity?”

“Oh well….hmmmm, to be honest I’m mixed. I have met many former humans who are good people: Gene, you, Abby, Seth, May and Korrina to name a few. But I have also seen their bad side. When Arceus showed everyone his memories of Earth, I was just so stunned and horrified at what humans are capable of. I honestly couldn't believe it. Then I experienced that personally when Hastings and his bunch of self-righteous stubborn followers tried to take away our friends.”

Twilight let out a long sigh.

“Then there's the fact that Arceus did all this for the sake of not letting his Pokémon suffer at the hands of humans. Make no mistake, what he did was foolish and without thought, there are many other paths he could have taken. But at the end of the day mankind pushed him into doing what he did, humans brought this upon themselves. But that being said, I believe people can change. And if humans had been steered on the right path, they could have become a great race. One of friendship and Harmony with Pokémon.”

Professor Juniper nodded as Twilight finished her statement.

“Ok, to tell you the truth, I still wish I was human. Being a Pokémon is fun and all, but being human makes me who I am. Humans and Pokémon are meant to coexist together. This is a truth I came to learn as I was studying the origins of Pokémon, cause our origins are tied to them. Yes, the evils of humans are largely the reason why we are all here. But as our god I believe Arceus went a little too far, not to mention he did not take into account or even care whether some of us wanted to be Pokémon.”

Twilight could feel the emotions coming off of the psychic-type Pokémon. Arceus had made it very clear that he wasn’t gonna change everybody back no matter how much they pleaded and begged. He had come to the conclusion that all humans will do is create more suffering for Pokémon. Apparently not knowing or caring what the evils of this new world might do to them.

“But there's nothing we can do about that. We humans weren’t always this way and we'll never be the same again. But we have to work with the hand we're dealt with. We have to find a new way in this new world, and thanks to our new friendships, that way will be easier than it seems.”

A small smile crept across Twilight's face.

“You’re right, I’m here for you Juniper, we all are.”

“Thank you Twilight, now let's review for your human history test shall we?”

“Yes, let's do it.”

“Um, excuse me?”

The two stopped, as they finally noticed Sora, while they gasped in shock.

“How-?! What-?! Where?!” Twilight tried to comprehend, wondering how a human managed to get to Equestria.

“Um, how long were you for, young man?” Juniper asked, trying not to faint from the appearance of the human boy.

“Hmm…” Sora put his hand on his chin, before replying, “Right before you started your quiz.”

The Beheeyem chuckled nervously, not sure how to react to the current scene.

Author's Note:

I feel like that the first rewritten Chapter is a lot better than what the first few were originally. Please let me know if you think this is better.

Crossover Vote:

https://www.streem.tech/poll/770

https://www.streem.tech/poll/783

To vote, click or enter the links above.