• Published 22nd May 2022
  • 1,446 Views, 100 Comments

Twilight's Duel School of Friendship: Freshman Year - k00l



my own story adopts elements of Yugioh GX but with the Student Six

  • ...
5
 100
 1,446

Chapter 25: Rank up

Chapter 25: Rank Up

It's been several weeks since Cozy's Banishment. Many students act like nothing has ever happened, even though some of the classes take place outside since part of the school has been destroyed. But today, Everyone was in the arena. Sandbar, Yona, Ocellus, Silverstream, and Smolder were in the crowd cheering for their friend Gallus who was standing in the arena, his opponent, Professor Rarity. Gallus was smirking as he faced Rarity who stood there just as smugly.
"Alright Gallus darling, this is your rank up Duel, you win this, you will rank up to Ra Yellow, are you ready?" Asked Rarity.
"I'm as ready as I will ever be!" Replied Gallus. He activates his duel disk and Rarity activates her's as well.

"DUEL"

[Gallus Vs. Rarity]

"I will take the first turn Darling." Said Rarity as she drew. "I will set one card face down, and one monster face down, Your move Gallus."
"I draw!" Said Gallus. "I summon Blackwing - Zephyros the Elite! {1600atk. 1000def. Lv4} I then place one cards face down. Now Zephros will attack!" As Zephyros attacks the face down card it flips to reveal a turtle with a emerald for a shell.
"Sorry Darling, You attacked my Gem-Turtle, With 2000 defense it stays where it is, and it's flip effect kicks in. When he is flipped summoned he allows me to add Gem-knight Fusion to my hoof."
"Nice move Professor, I end my turn." Said Gallus.

[Gallus 3600/ Rarity 4000]

[Gallus 4 cards/ Rarity 5 cards]

"My turn darling, Draw." Said Rarity, she looks at the card she drew and frowns. "Oh my, I wasn't supposed to draw you, oh well, I always have a back up, I activate the Spell, Magical Mallet, I send as many cards from my hoof to my deck, I shuffle and then draw as many cards as I put in. I send only one card to the deck, My Gem-Knight Garnet. Now I shuffle and draw one card. I now activate Gem-Knight Fusion in my hoof. I use material in my hoof, I send Gem-Knight Lazuli, and Crystal Rose from my hoof to the grave to fusion summon Gem-Knight Seraphinite! {2300atk. 1400def. Lv5 Fusion}" The crowd cheers upon the fusion summon made by Rarity, but Gallus's friends do not weaver their support for Gallus.
"Head up Gallus! You're still in this, Don't give up!" Yelled Sandbar.
"Now Darling, Seraphinite has a wonderful effect, During my Mainphase, it gives me one additional normal summon, meaning I can normal summon twice a turn. So I will summon both Gem-Knight Iolite {1300atk. 2000def. Lv4 Gemini}, and Gem-Knight Amber {1600atk. 1400def. Lv4 Gemini}. Now Darling, I'm afraid you will have to wait till next year to rank up, Because you will not be able to withstand the coming barrage of Gem-Knights. Seraphinite, Attack his Zephyros!" Seraphinite takes a fighting stance and then Charges Zephyros, With his Rapier, he stabs Gallus's Monster and destroys him. The impact causes Gallus to step back a little. "Now my other two knights will finish you off, Attack him Directly!"
"not So fast Professor, I activate one of my face down cards, Black Wing Revenge! When one of my Winged-Beasts cards is destroyed by battle, I can special summon two Blackwing - Black Crest Tokens to the field in defense mode! {0atk. 800def. Lv2 Token.}"
"Very Well Darling, Then I will attack both your tokens and then end my turn." Said Rarity as her last two Knights attack his tokens.

[Gallus 2900/ Rarity 4000]

[Gallus 4 cards/ Rarity 1 card]

"My Turn, I draw!" Yells Gallus "Now I activate the effect of my Blackwing - Zephyros the Elite, When he is my graveyard, I can resummon him to the field, but I take 400 points of damage." As Zephyros is resummoned, the electric Aura surrounds Gallus and zaps away his lifepoints. "Gah... now...I normal summon Blackwing - Breeze the Zephyr! {1100atk. 300def. Lv 3} Now, Since I control a blackwing monster, I can Special summon Blackwing - Oroshi the Squall! {400atk. 600def. Lv Tuner}. Now, I tune for 8, I tribute all three of my monsters to Synchro summon, Blackwing - Silverwind the Ascendant! {2800atk. 2000def. Lv8 Synchro}" This time the crowd cheers for Gallus as he pulled off an excellent summon. "Since I synchro Summoned Silverwind, I can Instantly destroy two monster on your side of the field who have less defense than Silverwind. That appears to be your Amber and your Seraphinite!" Silverwind flaps his wings causing a massive gust of winds. The Gem-Knights try to hold off the wind but both are ultimately destroyed leaving only Gem-Knight Iolite. Again the crowd Cheers as it appears Gallus has just turned the duel arround. "Lucky for you I cannot attack the turn I activated this effect, so I will now end."

[Gallus 2500/ Rarity 4000]

[Gallus 3 cards/ Rarity 1 card]

"M-My turn Darling." Said Rarity as she drew. she did have a worried expression on her face. "I activate the effect of Gem-Knight Fusion. While it is in my graveyard, I can banish one Gem-Knight to add it back to my hoof, I banish Gem-Knight Lazuli to add Gem-Knight Fusion back to my hoof. I now also use my Normal summon this turn to activate Iolite's Gemini Effect."
"Gemini effect?" Asked Gallus.
"You obviously need to pay more attention in my class darling" Said Rarity. Gemini Monsters are effect monster that are treated as normal monster while on the field or in the grave. But, during the main phase if you haven't summoned yet, you can use your normal summon, to have them 'Re-summon' themselves to become an effect monster. I do this to summon Iolite to become an effect Monster. His effect allows me to banish one Gem card from my graveyard to add one Gem-Knight from my grave to my hoof. I banish Seraphinite to add Amber back to my hoof. Now I reactivate Gem-Knight fusion. with Iolite on the field, and the amber in my hoof, and finally with Gem-Knight Lapis in my hoof, I fusion summon Gem-Knight Master Diamond! {2900atk. 2500def. Lv9 Fusion}" The crowd once again cheers for Rarity as she just now summons her ace card. "I'm sorry Darling, you tried so hard to get you bird on the field, but Master Diamond is going to crush it! his effect allows him to gain 100 extra attack points for each Gem-Knight in my grave, since I banished a few, my total is only 3, meaning he has 3200 attack! Master Diamond, Attack Silverwind with your Gleaming Luster Slash!" Master diamond raises his huge sword, it glistened in the light, and he brings it down hard on silverwind. Silverwind tried to block it, but his thin sword snapped and is struck hard and destroyed."I once again end my turn darling."

[Gallus 2100/Rarity 4000}

{Gallus 3 cards/ Rarity1 card}

'You still got this Gallus! We believe in you!" Yelled Silverstream from the stands.
"You can still win Gallus! Turn this duel around!" Yelled Smolder. Gallus still had a smirk on his face, he still wasn't phased by any of the moves made by Professor.
Rarity.
"My turn, Draw!" Said Gallus. "I activate Monster Reborn to summon Blackwing - Oroshi the Squall back from the grave, next I summon Blackwing - Shura the Blue Flame! {1800atk. 1200def. Lv4} Now, I will bring out my own ace card, I tune for 5, Synchro Summoning Blackwing - Gram the Shining Star! {2200atk. 1500def. Lv5 Synchro.}"
"Darling, That monster is far too weak to beat Master Diamond. What is it you are trying to do?" Asked Rarity.
"I will show you. I activate Oroshi's effect, I saw no use in using it the last time, but I will now, When he is used in a synchro summon, I can change the battle position of one of your monster's, Since Master Diamond is the only monster on your side of the field, I will switch him to defense mode." Explained Gallus. "Now I activate the spell Black-Winged Strafe, I send one Blackwing monster from my claw to the grave and I can send one of your defense position monsters to the graveyard. I send Blackwing - Steam the Cloak from my claw and I send your Master Diamond to the grave!"
"No! He is my best card!" Yelled rarity As Master Diamond Slowly dissipates from the field.
"Gram, Attack professor Rarity Directly with the Whirlwind Slash Attack!" Commanded Gallus. Gram takes off into the sky and then Divebombs rarity with his sword.

[Gallus 2100/Rarity 1800]

[Gallus 0 cards/ Rarity 1 card]

The crowd once again lets out roars of applauds, Gallus was now in control, just one more good attack and he has this.
"Gallus made the bestest move!" Yelled Yona.
"Gah....My my darling, such a phenomenal play, I draw." Said Rarity. She bows her head and smiles softly. "I summon Gem-Knight Garnet in attack mode. {1900atk. 0def. Lv4}. Now I activate my face down, Gem-Enhancement. I tribute Garnet to summon one Gem-Knight from my grave, Of course the one I pick is Master Diamond!" Master Diamond Re-emerges on the field and face Gram.
"Whoa...Ok, Gram, I'm not gonna be able to protect you, I am sorry" Said Gallus.
"Diamond! Once again use your Gleaming Luster Slash on Gram the Shining star!" Commanded Rarity. Gram bows his head nobly as he is struck and destroyed. "This is a most intense duel Darling, I end my turn."
"I draw!" Said Gallus. "I activate the card of Demise! This let's me draw 3 card from my deck but I must get rid of my hand in the end phase. Now, I activate Steam the Cloak's effect to summon him from my grave. {800atk. 1200def. Lv3 Tuner} Now I summon Blackwing - Mistral the Silver Shield. {100atk 1800def. Lv 2}. Once again, I tune 5, Synchro Summoning Assault Blackwing - Sohaya the Rain Storm {1500atk. 2000def. Lv5 Synchro}. Since she was Summoned using Blackwings as the materials, she is considered a Tuner monster. I set my last 2 cards and end."

[Gallus 1100/ Rarity 1800}

[Gallus 0 cards/ Rarity 1 card]

"Great move Gallus, But it was in vain." Said Rarity as she drew. "Master Diamond, Finish this." As Master Diamond was about to destroy Sohaya, One Of Gallus's Card flip face up.
"I activate the Trap negate attack! your attack is called off and your battle phase ends!" Yelled Gallus.
"Heh, very good Gallus. you bought yourself one more turn. I enter main phase 2, I activate Extra-Foolish burial. I pay half my Lifepoints to send one of my extra deck monster's to the grave. I send Gem-Knight Prismaura and then end." Said Rarity. The suspense was thick. students were on the edge of their seats wondering how Gallus was going to pull off this victory. Gallus Closes his eyes and places his claw on his deck, he then draws. His eyes open and he glares at Rarity.
"I activate the spell Pot of greed, This let's me draw two card. Now I activate my face down card, Magical Stone Excavation! I send two card from my claw to the grave and then I can add one spell from my grave into my claw, I add monster Reborn! I will now use it to re-summon Gram the Shining Star!" As gram re-emerges on the field, he was met with applause. "Next, Since Sohaya is considered a Tuner, I will now tune for 10! I Synchro Summon Blackwing Full Armor Master! {3000atk. 3000def. Lv10 Synchro}."
"Very Impressive Gallus, but he is still weak compared to Master Diamond. He has 3200 attack remember?" Asked Rarity smugly.
"I do, which is why I end." Said Gallus. This causes the students in the stands to become confused. Why Would he summon a weaker monster in attack position, and then just end like that.

[Gallus 1100/ Rarity 900]

[Gallus 0 cards/Rarity 1 card]

"Very Well Gallus." Said Rarity as she drew. "Now I will activate the second effect of my Master Diamond, I chose one level 7 or lower fusion Gem-Knight monster in my grave and then Master Diamond's effect is replaced by the selected monster. I chose the one I sent earlier, Prismaura. Now that Diamond has her effect, I will use it right now, I send one Gem-Knight from my hoof to the grave to destroy one card on your field. I send gem-knight Crystal to the grave, now I destroy your Full Armor Master. After that, a direct attack will finish you off."
"Heh, it will be me who wins professor because you have fallen into my trap. Full armor Master is unaffected by card effects." Said Gallus. "And when a monster would activate their effect while Full Armor Master is on the field, I place one wedge counter on that monster, so now Master Diamond has one wedge counter on him."
"Gah! Ok, I end my turn." Said Rarity getting a little frustrated.
"I draw." Said Gallus. "Great Duel Professor, I can't wait to become a Ra Yellow." Said Gallus.
"You think you won already?" Said Rarity.
"Of course, because Now I activate Full Armor Master's second effect. I take control of All monster with a wedge counter on them."
"NO!" Yells Rarity. Master Diamond slowly and reluctantly is shifted to Gallus's side of the field.
'Now that you are wide open, Full Armor Master, Attack Professor Rarity and end this duel!" Full Armor Master swooshes towards Rarity and slashes her with his sword, dropping her lifepoints to zero.

[Gallus vs. Rarity: Winner Gallus]

The crowd goes crazy with cheers as Gallus was able to pull of the victory, despite having his back against the wall so many times. All of Gallus's friends rush the arena stage and tackle hug him.
"YOU DID IT!!! YOU DID IT YOU DID IT YOU DID IT!!!" Cheers Silverstream.
"Bro that was Awesome!" Yelled Sandbar.
"I can't believe you are a Ra now!" Said Ocellus.
"GUYS!..I need...to breathe!" Yelled Gallus. They all get off of Gallus, he stand up and takes a few deep breaths as Smolder pats hi on the shoulder.
"Congratulations Gallus, Next step is Obelisk." Said Smolder.
"Thanks you guys, Your support means a lot to me." Said Gallus.
"Fantastic dueling Gallus!" Said Professor Rarity approaching the group. "As Advisor to the Ra Dorm, I want to prsonally welcome you into our ranks."
"Thank you Professor, it's an honor." Said Gallus with a smile.
"When you arrive on campus next Year, make sure you get a Yellow Jacket." Said Rarity as she then walks past them towards the other professors who were watching. All of them were also cheering for Gallus.

"To Think I am one step closer to becoming the a top tier Duelist. I sure hope I making my parents proud." Said Gallus
"Of course you are man. If they were here, I guarantee you they couldn't be prouder." Said Sandbar. Gallus Smiles at him
"Thanks Sandbar, that means a lot." Said Gallus.
"So, I guess I can't call you a Slifer Slacker anymore huh?" Said a voice behind them. The all turn to see both Brisk and Roulette approaching them, smiling while wearing their new red coats.
"Heh, I Guess not, Maybe I get to call you that now huh?" Teased Gallus.
"Heh, don't push it buddy." Said Brisk.
"Congratulations Gallus, That was your best duel yet." Said Roulette.
"Thanks Roulette. Hopefully one day you guys will get back to your normal ranks." Said Gallus.
"Oh We will, I plan on working twice as hard to get my Obelisk rank back." Said Brisk. "And you Gallus, When School starts back up next year, You're my first opponent."
"You actually want to duel me Brisk?" Asked Gallus.
"Of course. You've obviously have gotten better, and I want to duel you myself. You accept?" Said Brisk with a smirk. Gallus Smirks back at him.
"Yeah, I accept" Said Gallus. He and Brisk the Hoof/claw bump each other.
"I'll be looking forward to it. See you guys around." Said Brisk.
"Bye Guys!" Said Roulette as she and brisk turn to leave. The six wave and say their goodbyes to them.

Bye now, most students have left the arena and back to their dorms.
"We should get going as well. School's almost over and we have finals. after that we need to star packing." Said Ocellus
"Yeah, Dragon lands are far from Here." Said Smolder.
"I lucked out, I live here in Ponyville" Said Sandbar.
"Braggart." Said Yona. They all chuckle to themselves and then leave the arena stepping into the hall. They all wave to each other as they go down separate halls that lead to the other dorms.

End of Chapter 25