• Published 22nd May 2022
  • 1,447 Views, 100 Comments

Twilight's Duel School of Friendship: Freshman Year - k00l



my own story adopts elements of Yugioh GX but with the Student Six

  • ...
5
 100
 1,447

Chapter 16: Tag Duel

Chapter 16: Tag Duel

It was time for the Semester exams, just like midterms, this will determine whether or not you stay, leave, or advance in Dorm status. The six walk gleefully towards the arena to see who their opponents would be, along the way they joke with each other.
"That written test was killer man, I hate tests." Whined Gallus.
"It wasn't that bad, as long as you studied." Says Smolder.
"Oh really, did you actually take the test this time?" Teased Ocellus.
"Heh, I actually did." Replied Smolder. The group laughs and approaches the board of names that shows who is who.

They all scan to see their names, most of them pleased with who they may be facing. but they were surprised to see one tiny detail, These exams were tag Duels.
"Tag duel exams? Whats that?" asked Silverstream.
"Tag duels is a 2 V 2. Two players vs two other players. Each player has their own turn and their own deck, but share a field, graveyard, and Lifepoints which is increased to 8000. The first player starts, then turn 2 is one of your opponent's turn, then turn 3 is your partner's turn. Turn 4 is your second opponent's turn, then turn 5 is yours again." Replied Ocellus.
"Sounds fun!" exclaims Sandbar. "Especially since it looks like me and Smolder are on a team." Sandbar and Smolder then fist/hoof bump each other "Hopefully you found your Black Luster Soldier?"
"I did, he was under my desk, I guess he really did just fall out of my deck." Said Sandbar.
"Hey look, so is Ocellus and I." Says Silverstream.
"It appears the teams are comprised of only one dorm." Smolder notices.
"What about Yona? Is Yona and Gallus on a team?" Asked Yona.
"Hmmmm...Yes you are!...oh...oh no." Says Ocellus.
"What?" Asked Gallus.
"Your opponents are Brisk Bronco and Roulette." Replied Ocellus.
"WHAT!? Mean pony again!?!?" Shouts Yona.
"Yeah, but this time you and I can teach him a lesson Yona. we Got this!" Says Gallus.
"Maybe friend Gallus is right." Says Yona, quickly getting pumped.
"Let's go inside to watch some duels before ours start." Says Sandbar. The groups agrees and then step inside the arena.

The exams go smoothly, Both Smolder and Sandbar win their duel, and so do Ocellus and Silverstream. Eventually, it was time For Gallus and Yona to take theirs. Gallus And Yona Hoof/claw bump each other and take their places on the Arena. The crowd cheers as they take place, and cheer again when Brisk and Roulette take their place.
"Next Duel, Yona and Gallus of Slifer Red Versus Brisk Bronco and Roulette of Ra Yellow!" Says Twilight over the Intercom. "Guaranteed in this match, the winner WILL advance in dorms, Good Luck!"
"Hear that Yona! We are guaranteed to become Ra's if we win!" Exclaims Gallus.
"Not gonna happen Slifer Slacker, This is ours!" Said Brisk.
"Aw, what's wrong Brisk, hate the new color?" Gallus teased.
"I'd pipe down if I were you, you have never beaten me before Slifer hasbeen!" Brisk Yelled.
"Enough Brisk, Let's just get this over with." Said Roulette.
"Yona Agrees!" Said Yona. Everyone turns on their duel disks and put their decks in them.

"DUEL"

[Yona and Gallus VS Brisk Bronco and Roulette]

[Slifer 8000/ Ra 8000]

"I'm feeling lucky, so I will take the first turn, Draw!" Says Roulette. "I will start us off by activating an old favorite Dangerous Machine Type-6. Luckily for you, we can't use it till our standby phases. Next I summon Abare Ushioni! {1200atk. 1200def. Lv 4} I then activate it's effect, I flip a coin and call it, If i get it right you suffer 1000 points of damage, If I call it wrong, we take 1000 points of damage!"
"You are willing to take that chance?" Asked Gallus.
"Of course I am." Says Roulette.
"I'm not! you better call it right!" Says Brisk.
"Don't worry Brisk. I call tails!" Says Roullette. A virtual coin is flipped, it lands to show it landed on tails. "Oh yeah! Tails never fails! now you take damage!" An electrical aura surrounds both Gallus and Yona, they groan as they lose Lifepoints. "I set a card and end my turn."
"No way, the very first turn they have inflicted damage to them, impressive." Says Ocellus.
"Don't worry guys! Minor set back, you still got this!" Shouts Sandbar.

[Slifer 7000/ Ra 8000]

[Roulette 3 cards]

"My turn now! Draw!" Says Gallus. "I summon Blackwing - Kris the Crack of Dawn! {1900atk. 300def. Lv 4}. He will now attack your Monster!" Gallus's monster takes flight and swoops down and dashes past Abre Ushioni and slices it with a jagged dagger. "I set a card and end!"
"My turn! Draw!" Says Brisk. "Since it's my standby phase, I activate my partner's Dangerous Machine Type-6! Roll that die!" A virtual die rolls, landing on 5. "What does that mean Roulette?"
"A 5 means you can destroy one of your opponent's monsters." Replied Roulette.
"Hey! Good luck! I destroy your Blackwing Kris you slacker!"
"Bad Luck actually! My Kris the Crack of Dawn has an effect! Once per turn, he can't be destroyed by spell or trap effect!" Replied Gallus.
"Grr! Fine! I set a monster and then activate the spell Pot of Duality! I reveal the top 3 cards of my deck, I chose one to add to my hand and then shuffle. The 3 cards I reveal is Spirit Ryu, Monster Reborn, and Obnoxious Celtic Guard. I Add Monster Reborn to my hand and then shuffle, I end!"

[Slifer 7000/ Ra 7200]

[Gallus 4 cards/ Brisk 5 cards]

"Yona turn! Draw!" Said Yona. "Yona Summon Gladiator Beast Andal! {1900atk. 1500def. Lv 4} Now Yona equip him with Gladiator Beast's Battle Manica! This prevent's Yona monster from being destroyed by battle. Now Yona's Monster attack your face down!" Yona's monster which was a bear wearing armor roars and then charges the card and swipes it with it's claws, It flips to show a knight before being destroyed.
"Brisk! we are wide open now!" Shouts Roulette.
"Heh, not to worry, we are gonna take a bit of damage, but it was worth it." Says Brisk to Roulette, but then looks back at Yona and Gallus. "You destroyed my Dust Knight! When he is flipped face up, I send one Earth monster from my deck to the graveyard. The one I chose is Buster Blader, the Destruction Swordmaster."
"Ha! hate to break it to ya Brisk, but I have no dragons in my deck!" Yelled Gallus.
"And Yona have none either!" Yells Yona. Brisk's facial expression doesn't change.
"Now Yona attack directly with Gallus's monster!" Kris takes flight again and swoops past Roulette and Brisk and attacks them, they both let out a pained groan from the attack.

[Slifer 7000/ Ra 5300]

[Yona 4 cards]

"My turn, I draw!" Says Roulette. "Time to activate my machine, Go Die Roll!" The virtual die rolls and lands on 3. "Thank you Lady Luck, I draw a second card. I now activate Spell 7! It's effect only happens when there is 3 copies of this card on the field, now I rely on the luck of the draw for that. I now Summon Twin-Barrel Dragon! {1700atk. 200def. Lv 4} Since he was normal summoned, I activate his effect, I flip two coins, if they are both heads, I can destroy one monster! Ok... Go Coin Flip!" everyone watches the coins closely as they flip, the first one lands on heads, the second....Tails. "Dang! No problem I still have an attack."
"You can't our monsters are too strong!" Replied Gallus.
"Not for long, Twin-Barrel Dragon, Attack his blackwing!" Says Roulette
"Fine, Kris counter attack!" Commanded Gallus.
"I now activate the quick play spell Graceful Dice! The outcome of the die roll will be multiplied by 100 then added to my monster's attack! Go Die Roll!" Shouts Roulette. The die rolls and unimpressively lands on 1. "Lady Luck Why!?!?"
"Ha! That's only 100 extra attack, still too weak!" says Gallus.
"Grr! I didn't want to do this yet, But I have no Choice, I activate my face down, Skull Dice!" Shouts Roulette, "This is the opposite of Graceful Dice. This time your monsters are the target and they lose attack equal to the outcome times 100! Go Die Roll!" The die is rolled again, this time rolling on 6. "Yes finally!" Roulette's Monster now with 1800 attack and Gallus's with 1300, Roulette's monster power's up it's blaster and fires, shooting through Gallus's Monster, destroying it.

[Slifer 6500/ Ra 5300]

[Roulette 2 cards]

"That's all I can do, I can't protect us from this next attack." Says Roulette as she ends.
"Don't worry about it, you played great. They are underestimating us." Says Brisk.
"My turn, Draw!" Says Gallus. "Yona, may I use your monster for a synchro Summon?"
"Yona monsters are Gallus's monsters." Says Yona.
"Great! I summon Blackwing - Breeze the Zephyr! {1100atk. 300def. Lv 2 Tuner} I will now Tune for 6, I synchro Summon Blackwing - Nothung the Starlight {2400atk. 1600def. Lv 6}! When he is special summoned, you lose 800 life points Instantly!" The aura then surrounds Roulette and Brisk as the are burned for Lifepoints. The crowd cheers for the Slifers who are handing the Ra 's a grade a whooping.
"Oh yeah! They are killing it together! They'll rank up to Ra in no time!" Shouts Smolder excitedly. Cozy Glow on the other side of the Arena watching the duel with an unimpressed look on her face.
"Now your monster is back down to 1700 attack, but Nothung has another effect, Lowering your monster by 800, making it 900 attack!" Says Gallus.
"Oh no!" Shouts Roulette.
"I'm not done, I know you have that Monster reborn still Brisk, and you're gonna summon your Buster Blader. So I will equip my monster with Glowing Crossbow, Giving him 500 additional attack points, Making him 2900!"
"We are gonna lose 2000 Lifepoints!" Yells Brisk.
"Nothung, destroy their Twin-Barrel Dragon!" Commanded Gallus. His monster raise's it huge sword and takes flight. It dive bombs and stabs the monster with the sword which is then destroyed.

[Slifer 6500/ Ra 3300]

[Gallus 3 cards]

The crowd erupts in cheers as the Slifer's soak up all the attention and waves to the crowd.
"Now Since I destroyed a monster with a card equipped with Glowing Crossbow, I discard one random card in your hand, Since there is two of you, I will pick who will discard. hmmmmm, You Brisk! I chose the card in the middle."
"That was my Skilled White Magician!" Exclaims Brisk as he discard.
"Sweet! I end! how's that for Slacking Brisk!? Looks like we are gonna win!" Shouts Gallus.
"Brisk... I have nothing! maybe we should Just surrender." Says Roulette.
"No way, I'm about to turn this around, I Draw!" Says Brisk. "I activate Monster reborn to bring back my Buster Blader, the Destruction Swordmaster! {2600atk. 2300def. Lv 7}."
"Big shock." Says Yona.
"Oh yeah, How about this, Mystical Space Typhoon! I destroy one spell or trap, I destroy glowing crossbow!"
"Minor setback! We are still in the lead!" Shouts Gallus.
"We shall see, Buster Blader, Annihilate!" Says Brisk. Bust Blader lifts his blade high, and then brings it down hard on their monster.
"200 points of damage, Is that supposed to scare-... Hey, whats happening to my Monster!?" Asked Gallus as instead of being destroyed, floats over to Brisk's side of the field and lands in the back row behind Buster Blader.

[Slifer 6300/ Ra 3300]

[Brisk 3 cards]

the crowd starts whispering, confused on what is happening, Brisk was once very popular so they knew his deck, and they never seen this before.
"Hehehe. You assumed this Buster Blader was the same as my original one, but that is not the case. This is Buster Blader, the Destruction Swordmaster, He is far different. He has a new effect to where if a monster you control is destroyed, I can equip it to Buster Blader. The second part of that effect will kick in later. I end."
"Yona not scared, Draw!" Says Yona. "Yona set a Monster and card and end."
"Short and Simple, But what other choice do you have? I draw." Says Roulette. "I've drawn a second 7 card, I will now activate it, I set a card as well. Now Buster Blader, Destroy their face down!" He brings his sword down hard, destroying the face down. "I will now enter the end phase."
"My turn, Draw!" Says Gallus. " Since we control no monster's I can special summon Blackwing - Gust the Backblast! {900atk. 1400def. Lv 2} I summon him in defense! Now since I control a Blackwing, I can also special summon Blackwing - Harmattan the Dust {800atk. 800def. Lv 2} Who I will also summon in defense! That's my turn."

[Gallus 2 cards/ Yona 3 cards, Roulette 1 cards]

Brisk smirks widely as he draws his card for this turn. "You've honestly should have summoned those face down, you will now face annihilation for not doing so! I first activate Pot of Greed, allowing me to draw two cards! Perfect. I Activate Cost Down, to mark down one monster in my hand by 2 levels, Allowing me to summon without a tribute, Kaiser Glaider! {2400atk. 2200def. Lv 6 } Now, I activate my Buster Blader's effect, sending the monster attached to to the graveyard!" The equipped card is then destroyed, at the same time, Both of Gallus's monster begin to groan violently and both are destroyed as well.
"WHAT!? how did you do that!?" Shouts Gallus.
"Hehehahaha! When I send a card equipped to my Swordmaster, all monsters of the same type, in this case, Winged Beasts are instantly destroyed!" Replied Brisk. The crowd now starts Cheering for the Ra's.
"Oh no! That's left them wide open!" Shouts Silverstream now panicking.
"Now, both my Monsters, attack them directly for 5000 points of damage!" Shouts Brisk. The combine attack decimates the Slifers and they are knocked to the ground. "Hahaha! I end!"

[Silfers 1300/ Ra 3300]

[Brisk 3 cards]

"Yona... you got to have something!" Exclaims Gallus.
"Yona need to special summon Gladiator beasts! otherwise Yona can't do anything!" Yona says worriedly She then stands and draws "Y-Yona set one monster and one card and end."
"Now we have the advantage, I draw!" Says Roulette. "I now activate my trap, The Paths of Destiny! we each flip a coin, Heads, we gain 2000 lifepoints, tails we lose 2000. Do you feel lucky?"
"No! Yona activate trap as well, Parry!" Says Yona. "By sending one Gladiator beast from Yona hand to deck, Yona negates your trap!"
"Nice Job, but I lucked out by drawing my third 7 card. Which I now activate!" Says Roulette. "Looks like I hit the Jackpot! I send all 3 to the graveyard to draw 3 cards, and we gain 700 Lifepoints! Now Buster Blader, Attack that face down!"
"Yona activate second trap, Threatening Roar! Now you can't attack!" Says Yona.
"Very well, I set two cards face down and end."

[Slifer 1300/ Ra 4000]

[Yona 1 card/ Roulette 1 card]

"Gallus, Yona bought us one more turn, Yona and Gallus need to win now!" Says Yona. Gallus nods and then draws. He smiles and then looks back at Yona.
"And we will. I just need your monster again. I flip summon Gladiator Beast Darius {1700atk. 300def. Lv 4} Now I normal summon Blackwing - Auster the South Wind {1300atk. 0def. Lv4 Tuner.} I now Tune for 8, Synchro Summoning Blackwing - Silverwind the Ascendant {2800atk. 2000def. Lv }. Waste no time, Destroy Buster Blader!"
"Roulette!" Shouts Brisk.
"Gotcha! I Activate the quick play spell Roulette Spider!" Yells Roulette as the spider latches to the monster
"Yona remember that card!" Shouts Yona.
"A die roll will determine your fate! GO DIE ROLL!" Shouts Roulette as the die is rolled, It lands on 5. "And fortune smiles upon us, Your attack is negated and you lose lifepoints equal to the monster's attack!"
"OH NO!!!!" Yona and Gallus scream as the electrical aura surrounds them, shocking them till their lifepoints become 0.

[Gallus and Yona Vs Roulette and Brisk Bronco: Winner Roulette and Brisk Bronco]

The crowd cheers as the Ra's were somehow able to steal the victory, leaving the two devastated and their friends in shock. Cozy Glow who watched the whole thing grins evilly and then leaves the arena.
"No way! That so did not just happen!" Shouts Smolder.
"The Winners, and new Obelisk Blue Members, Brisk Bronco and Roulette!" Says Twilight over the intercom. The crowd starts cheering even louder.
"Yes! I told you you Slifer Slackers! You can't, and will never beat me!" Says Brisk. Roulette doesn't say a word, feeling bad she had to do that. Gallus sat on the ground staring at the ground, he couldn't believe that just happened while Yona stands up angrily.
"Yona gonna make Mean Pony pay one day! You hear Yona!?" Yells Yona.
"Yeah yeah yak, whatever. Get used to that red jacket, because you're never gonna get rid of it." Brisk boasted with a smirk. He starts laughing and walks towards the exit. Roulette looks at Yona, Yona glares at her. Roulette sighs and then follows Brisk. Yona then storms out herself, stomping hard. Her friends in the crowd quickly follow after her.

In the hallway, Yona was totally losing her cool, she paces back and forth, stomping her hooves hard and knocking over a trash can.
"Whoa Yona! calm down, take it easy." Said Sandbar.
"Calm down? CALM DOWN!? Mean pony beat Yona! Yona can't let mean pony get last laugh!" Yells Yona.
"It was a close duel Yona, and you guys played great. maybe you can challenge him in the future." Ocellus Suggested.
"I doubt it, Brisk has nothing to prove by dueling them again, he may refuse any challenges they request." Says Smolder. This only makes Yona angrier. Gallus soon finally walks out in hall with a very upset facial expression.
"Gallus, you alright?" Asked Silverstream.
"...No... I can't believe he beat me... again." Says Gallus.
"Gallus needs to stop pouting and suck it up!" Yelled Yona.
"Y-Yona!" Yells ocellus. Gallus looks up at her and gives her an angry look.
"Suck it up? SUCK IT UP!? Your the one throwing a temper tantrum over losing! If you'd actually did something during that duel, maybe we could have won!" Yells Gallus.
"How dare Gallus! Gallus is the one who made us lose all Lifepoints!" Yona Yells back.
"But I was the one doing all the summoning! all you did was set stuff face down!" Yells Gallus.
"But Yona prevented the most damage! Yona gave Gallus multiple opportunities to make come back, but Gallus just SLACKED!" Yona yells.
"Thats it yak!" Says Gallus as he approaches Yona.

Their friends quickly get in the ways and hold both Yona and Gallus back as they try to get to eachother. They didn't have to hold back for long, as Gram and Gaiodiaz both Manifest and hold back as well.
"Gallus, Calm down, there will be a next time." Says Gram.
"Master Yona need to cool off!" Says Gaiodiaz. Eventually, The two stop struggling and are eventually let go. Gallus takes a deep breath and then looks back at Yona.
"You stay away from me Yona, you crazy destructive yak!" Said Gallus before turning away and walks down the hall as his duel spirt, Gram, has no choice but to follow him. Yona growls and does the exact same thing.
"Oh no! Are they no longer friends!?" Exclaims Silverstream.
"Sigh, no Silver, they just need time to cool off." Said Sandbar.
"Yeah, but we can't have them fighting, we still have a job to do." Said Ocellus .
"You mean, with the Dragon Rule-" Said Silverstream before getting cut off.
"Yes, don't say that to loud." Said Smolder. "Look, they are obviously not gonna speak to each other for the rest of the day, so we need to stand watch and make sure nothing suspicious happens around the forbidden deck. Got it?" They all sighed and agreed with Smolder, she was right after all. They needed to keep watch for anyone suspicious.

As they walk down the hall, behind them around the corner, Brisk, Roulette, Cozy, and Neighsay were eavesdropping on them. Both Brisk and Roulette were shocked by what they heard, but Cozy and Neighsay were both not surprised.
"No way, you were right chancellor, they do know about it!" Said Brisk.
"Unsurprising, I knew those creatures had ulterior motives for being here."
"No way... I... I still trusted them... why are they being so secretive about this?"
"Isn't it obvious? They are being secretive about it because they want to steal the deck." Said Cozy Glow. Roulette looks at the ground, she felt as if she has been betrayed. Her feelings turns to anger and she then looks up at Neighsay.
"Chancellor, I now understand. I promise, anything you ask of me, I will do it. You say Jump, I'll say how high." Says Roulette Sternly. Neighsay smirks at her.
"That is great to hear. Now come you 3, We need to get rid of these creatures now, and I have the perfect plan."

End of Chapter 16