• ...
6
 314
 689

Episode 22: Visit From Beyond The Mirror

Sparkler sat in the Library in the Castle of Friendship, reading a book she found dealing in romance and a specific section titled “A Web Of Hearts”, which was an entire section dealing in polyamoruous relationships and the different aspects of it. Why was she reading this? Because her fiancé, Twilight, was on her way to confess to Moondancer that she loved her in addition to Sparkler. And inviting her to join their relationship.

“In a polyamorous relationship, while it is not necessary for all parties to have mutual affections for each other, it IS however the best case scenario. It is best that, when a new party joins the relationship, all parties involved take a look at the incoming party and try to find a spark between them.” She read out loud. “That makes sense. It would be better if we all loved each other mutually…” She said as her mind raced as she continued to read. “The first step to finding a spark with multiple partners is to identify if you are monogamous or not.” She glanced up from the book into the sky in thought. “That’s a good question.” She said.

She was in the process of thinking about her own monogamy when she saw the mirror in the room light up. She blinked before it registered what was happening. Wait a minute, who was that mare Twilight had said was visiting today? She was trying to remember who Twilight had said was visiting from the Bipedal World when an orange Unicorn with a flamey mane and tail, and a sun cutie mark, appeared from the portal.

The mare shook her head to clear the dizziness. “Ugh. We really need to think about trying to fix the dizziness from this portal.” She said as she opened her eyes and saw not Twilight, who she was expecting, but rather a hot pink Alicorn Mare that she did not recognize. The mare blinked. “Uh…hi?” She said uncertainly.

“Hi there.” Sparkler responded. “Are you Twilight’s friend from the Bipedal World?” She asked.

“Yeah. That’s me. I’m Sunset Shimmer.” Sunset said as she stepped off the platform.

“Sparkling Medley. Sparkler for short.” Sparkler said as she held out her hoof to shake Sunset’s.

Sparkling Medley…RIGHT! Twilight’s Fiancé, that new Alicorn that came out of nowhere! Sunset finally recognized Sparkler thanks to her journal conversations with Twilight, plus another factor that took her a moment to remember.

Sunset smirked as she shook Sparkler’s hoof. “So YOU’RE Twilight’s Fiancé. She’s talked a lot about you in our journal messages.” She said.

Sparkler blushed. “What does she say?” She asked curiously.

“That you’re the most interesting pony she’s ever encountered. Possibly born in the Crystal Empire, and confirmed Natural Born Alicorn.” Sunset said.

Sparkler chuckled. “Yeah. I know I’m a walking mystery.” She said. “It’s nice to meet you Sunset.” She said.

“Likewise Sparkler.” Sunset responded. “So, where did Twilight get off to?”

“She is currently on her way to the New Golden Oaks Library to confess her love for it’s Librarian, Moondancer.” Sparkler responded with a chuckle.

Sunset blinked, not expecting that response. “Uh…I thought you two were getting married?” She asked.

“We are.” Sparkler responded. “Twilight and I talked about it after an incident during my week long reign as acting Princess and I have no problems sharing her with Moondancer.” She said.

At that, Sunset couldn’t help but snicker. “Oh yeah. She told me about that. And if I remember correctly, before that she said that you would never, ever wear a crown for any reason.” She said, smirking at Sparkler.

“Ok, in that, very specific instance, there were literally no other options.” Sparkler responded. “The point is, I will only ever be a princess Consort, and nothing else.” She said.

“If you say so Sparky.” Sunset responded. “So you’re really ok with sharing her with Moondancer?” She asked.

“Yes.” Sparkler responded. “I am. Because I can take solace in the knowledge that I am the one who lives with Twilight, and I am the one she co-parents 11 adopted foals with.” She said.

Sunset straight up laughed that time. “Oh yes, the Medley Next Gen Herd. She told me all about that.” She said. “Makes me wonder if your counterpart in our world will adopt that many.” She asks.

“Who knows. Speaking of, has my counterpart turned up?” Sparkler asked.

“She actually just moved to Canterlot City from Saddle Arabia last week.” Sunset responded.

“Nice.” Sparkler responded.

Sunset nodded. “So, back to you and Twilight.” She said as they began walking out of the library. “So you aren’t going to get jealous that Twilight will now spend time with Moondancer?” She asked.

“Nope. In fact, according to this book I’m reading, I should try to find a spark between myself and Moondancer so that all three of us can mutually love each other.” Sparkler responded.

Sunset smirked. “I heard the first step to that is figuring out if you're monogamous or not.” She said.

“Yep.” Sparkler responded. “That is indeed the first step. And right now I actually don’t know since I’ve never had to ask myself that before.”

“Never had this scenario before?” Sunset asked.

“Exactly.” Sparkler responded.


Meanwhile, standing in the front of the NGOL, Twilight was nervous beyond reason, even if she was confident she would get her desired result thanks to mutual affection. Come on! She likes you, you like her in addition to Sparkler, this should be easy. Yeah, it turned out it was easier said than done. After a few moments, she took a deep breath, and entered the NGOL.

Moondancer, who was busy stacking books to be returned to their shelves, heard the door open and turned to see Twilight enter. “Twilight! Hi!” Moondancer said happily.

“Hey there Moondancer. How’s it going?” Twilight asked.

“It’s going good. How bout you?” Moondancer asked.

“Pretty good.” Twilight responded. “Hey, Moondancer? Got a minute to talk?” She asked.

“Sure.” Moondancer responded. “What’s up?” She asked.

“Remember a few weeks ago during Sparkler’s reign? When I was turned back to normal and we uh…” Twilight trailed off.

Moondancer, getting what Twilight was talking about, nodded. “Yeah…I remember…it was…good.” She admitted.

Twilight nodded in agreement. “Yeah Uhm…so, funny thing, that kiss seemed to have reawakened an old crush that I had on you a while back and has not gone away.” Twilight confessed. “And it would seem my heart now yearns for both you and Sparkler.” She said.

Moondancer’s eyes widened. Was it really happening? Was twilight about to ask her out?! “You…you mean…” She asked.

“Yeah. I mean what I say. And it would be nice if we could maybe…go out sometime?” Twilight asked, blushing and smiling sheepishly.

Moondancer stood there staring at her princess, the only, at least for the time being, object of her desires. She couldn’t believe it finally happened, she had the chance to court TWILIGHT FREAKING SPARKLE! She opened her mouth to say yes without hesitation…before something clicked in her mind, something very important that she was obligated to do before accepting any romantic offers from Twilight. “Twily, you have no idea how much I WANT to say yes right now, but before that, we need to talk about your OTHER lover. Does Sparkler know?” She asked.

“She does. And she is ok with sharing me with you.” Twilight responded.

“And she can back up that statement herself?” Moondancer asked. “Like I can go to her right now and ask?”

“Yes Moondancer.” Twilight responded.

“Where is she? It’s not that I don’t trust you, I do. It’s just that Princess Cadence instilled in me the sense that she would blow a gasket if I didn’t hear it from Sparkler herself before saying yes to your advances.” Moondancer explained honestly. “After all, we all know what Sparkler is in danger of if she’s emotionally compromised.”

Twilight shivered at that. “Ugh, don’t remind me.” She said. “I can tell her to meet us for lunch.” She said.

“Please do,” Moondancer responded. “And…thank you for understanding.”


Out in Ponyville, Sparkler and Sunset were heading to the lunch date that Twilight had pulsed Sparkler, and the resulting conversation had Sunset laughing because apparently Twilight completely forgot about Sunset. “Well now we know why she wasn’t there when you came as you had a planned visit.” Sparkler said.

“Too excited about having Moondancer to remember little ol me.” Sunset responded.

“I mean to be fair, Twilight’s only a pony, she has desires and such and sometimes those desires overwrite preexisting commitments.” Sparkler responded.

“Ditto that.” Sunset responded.

Eventually they reached the Hayburger and entered to find Twilight and Moondancer already at a table. They trotted over to a smiling Twilight who noticed them. “Sparkler! Sunset. I’m so sorry about that Sunset, I completely forgot you were coming, I was just so excited about—“

“It’s fine Twilight.” Sunset interrupted Twilight. “I completely understand that I’m not as important as your love life.”

Twilight blushed while Moondancer giggled. “I take it YOU are the famous Sunset Shimmer?” She asked.

“I am. You Moondancer?” Sunset asked.

“Yep. Nice to meet you.” Moondancer responded.

“Likewise.” Sunset responded as she and Sparkler slid into the booth, sitting across from Twilight and Moondancer.

Once they were settled, Moondancer turned her attention to Sparkler. “So Sparkler, you’re ok with sharing Twilight with me? You know about our…I’m gonna say accidental kiss from a few weeks ago and you’re cool with it?” She asked.

“Yes Moondancer, I will admit I was a little upset that Twilight hid it from me for as long as she did. But she had a good reason and I get it was a spur of the moment thing a few weeks ago. The heart wants what the heart wants so if Twilight longs for both you and me, I don’t see why she can’t have both of us.” Sparkler responded.

Moondancer smiled widely and in relief. She had fulfilled her perceived obligation to Cadence. “Good.” She said, before she turned to Twilight and pulled her into a big kiss on the lips, before pulling back a few seconds later. “Yes Twilight, I’d LOVE to go out with you.” She told Twilight.

Twilight was caught completely off guard by Moondancer’s sudden advance, and only nodded at her response as her brain tried to process what just happened. After a moment, Sparkler smirked. “Twily? You ok?” She asked.

Twilight blinked, before she lit her horn and teleported Sparkler over to hers and Moondancer’s side of the booth and hugged the both of them tight. “I’m so happy to have the both of you in my life!” She exclaimed happily.

Moondancer and Sparkler chuckled as their princess hugged them. They smiled at each other and bumped their hooves together, coming to a silent agreement to respect each other’s relationship with Twilight.

Sunset giggled at the sight, before her eye caught a glimpse of the karaoke stage in the restaurant. The sign above it said “ALL WELCOME TO SING ANY TIME.” She smirked as she turned back to the three lovers. “Hey Twilight. If you can spare Sparkler for a few minutes there’s something I have wanted to do with her when I visited, if she wants to of course.” She said.

“What is it Sunset?” Sparkler asked.

Sunset nudged her head to gesture at the stage. “You and me, up there, singing a duet. Let’s see why they call you the princess of Music.” She said.

Sparkler blinked. “What? Who calls me that?” She asked. She saw Twilight blush, which she took as an answer. “Really Twily?” She asked.

“I’m sorry Sparkler, but your musical talents are the best I’ve ever seen. You absolutely deserve the title.” Twilight responded.

“You didn't ask Celestia to make it official did you?” Sparkler asked.

“Nope.” Twilight responded.

Sparkler nodded as she wiggled out of Twilight’s hug. “Good.” She said as she and Sunset went up on stage. After playing with the jukebox for a moment, they picked a song, and began to sing a duet.

To be continued…

Author's Note:

And with this, expect to see the beginning of the Sparkling Harmony Equestria Girls story titled, Agents of SMILE. See what EQG Sparkler is up to in this action packed adventure VERY soon.

THX FOR READING!