• Published 15th Feb 2022
  • 1,577 Views, 30 Comments

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic What If?: Volume 14 - SuperPinkBrony12



The fourteenth installment of What If series that involves the rewriting of episodes. Thirteen episodes across Seasons 1-3, 5-6 and 8-9 are covered here, including redos and expansions (Warning!: Rewrites based on personal opinion. Please respect it!

  • ...
4
 30
 1,577

S6 E26: To Where and Back Again, Part 2 (What If?)

When last we left Starlight Glimmer, she was facing the seemingly impossible task of mounting a daring (and rag-tag) rescue operation in the changeling hive, more specifically the castle in the center of it all.

And while the unicorn was wondering just how she had gotten into this situation, she began to think and look back on the events that had led up to this point. How she'd found herself in such a position.

Everything had begun relatively innocent enough. While helping Twilight and Spike move some heavy boxes within the castle, Starlight had received a letter. And she told pony and dragon about the letter's contents. "I don't believe it! It's... the ponies from my old village: Cutie Markless. They've invited me to the village's annual Sunset Festival!"

Worried about having to go back to where she would be most be reminded of her dark past, Starlight had been plagued by a nightmare in which the villagers not only didn't welcome her back but proceeded to laugh at her. Fortunately, it was dispelled quickly thanks to the actions of Princess Luna. And that prompted a realization from the unicorn. "This is all just a bad dream."

Yet even after that, Starlight wasn't ready for the reception she received upon traveling back to the village the next day. "I was horrible when I led that village! Being a leader is the last thing I should ever be." And so she returned to Ponyville in an unhappy state.

Unknown to the unicorn mare, her absence enabled a changeling to slip in and capture Twilight within her castle. "You aren't the only princess Chrysalis has set her sights on." Said changeling had taunted.

And that night, Starlight was informed of the development from Princess Luna. "Changelings have attacked the Crystal Empire. We thought we had them contained, but it seems they were just a distraction," The alicorn explained. "You must find out what the changelings have done with Twilight and where they've taken her!" And then she had left to help defend the Crystal Empire from another band of changelings.

However, that was just what Queen Chrysalis (the changeling's evil leader) wanted. "With that baby alicorn in my possession, the ponies will have no choice but to surrender to me!" She had boasted. "Why control only one city when I can control an entire nation?"

Fortunately, Starlight was able to escape and meet up with some trusted friends, including an unexpected surprise in the form of Thorax who now had glistening wings.

And the last ally to join the group included the very master of chaos himself, Discord. After some "convincing" he more or less agreed to help. "I suppose I do have to do my part."

But then the entire group was whisked away to the outskirts of the changeling hive as Thorax declared. "I'd hoped never to have to see that place again."

Everything seemed to be hopeless. But was it really? Starlight didn't know, but ready or not she was about to find out. She had come too far to turn back now!

Discord was puzzled by the fact that his teleportation hadn't brought him (and by extension everyone with him) right into the center of the changeling hive. "Oh, this is so strange. This has never happened before," He muttered to himself without care for who else might hear. "I mean we're here and that's there, and I clearly meant for us to be there and not here. I'm supposed to be the one who makes the impossible possible, not the other way around. Is my magic on the fritz all of a sudden or something?"

Thorax nervously tried to speak up. "Oh, I-I can probably explain. You see, the thing is-"

Discord didn't bother listen to the changeling as he just remarked. "Oh well, as I always say: If it first you don't succeed, just try harder! Throw yourself at the wall hard enough and it will fall!"

"Uh, maybe we should come up with a plan or something first?" Sunburst questioned. "You know, so we know what we're doing and how we're gonna do it?"

Discord spun around, glaring at Sunburst. "A what now? Are you talking back to me? Me?!"

Trixie snorted. "He's not the only one who thinks we should have a plan. You know, figuring out the best way to do something before you actually do it. Even Trixie plans out her shows in advance."

The chaos maker only laughed in reply. "Oh, that's cute and everything, really. You ponies and your plans. Princess Twilight was always big on plans, and look where that got her."

"It's not like she planned to get caught!" Starlight snapped! "And I agree with the others, we need a plan! We can't go rushing in and leave everything up to chance, that's only gonna get us captured as well. And if that happens, there'd be no point to us coming here."

The draconequus smiled. "That's all very nice, but really a waste of time. We have me. And what else could we possibly need?"

Trixie arched an eyebrow upward as she bitterly remarked. "Maybe a draconequus with magic and half a brain might help. Assuming you have a brain in that thick head of yours." She took some satisfaction in hearing Sunburst appear to chuckle in agreement with her.

Discord saw fit to question the magician. "Why are you even here, again? I mean, it's not like you're going to stop the changelings by pulling a rabbit out of a hat," He proceeded to use Trixie's hat to pull himself out of it like he was an actual rabbit. "And... Sunburst is it? I hear you're not exactly big in the magic department either. You're certainly no Starswirl the Bearded."

Sunburst fought back a growl. "I came here to help my friends, Discord. There's more to me than magic."

"Yes, but at least we know my magic can do something. As soon as I figure out why it's not working like it should that is." Discord pointed.

Thorax tried to speak up again. "That's the thing about magic here-"

Discord almost literally rolled his eyes as he interrupted. "Just stand back and let me handle this!" He snapped his talons, transforming himself into a knight with armor and a long spear. And he rode atop a flying pig. "This time I'm going to be the big hero! This is my time to shine!" He proceeded to cry out! "Charge!" Yet as soon as he moved forward, his armor, his spear and the flying pig all left him in the blink of an eye.

Spike then insisted. "You know, I think we should hear what Thorax has been trying to tell us. Sounds it like might be important."

Thorax nodded. "Yes, Spike. Thank you. After all, I don't like to shout," And the changeling explained. "No other magic can work here. Chrysalis' throne is carved from an ancient dark stone that soaks up outside magic the same way changelings soak up love. It's how she keeps the hive safe."

Spike's eyes began to widen as a realization set in. "Wait! No magic besides changeling magic?! Then that means even my fire breath won't be of any use."

"Actually, your fire breath will be fine. But it's not like you could set the hive on fire even if you wanted to," Thorax pointed out. "The entire kingdom is coated in a moss that's almost impossible to burn. Why else do you think we've never been attacked by dragons? Without the moss, there'd be nothing to stop dragons or other creatures with fire from taking over. Even Chrysalis is afraid of fire, or at least any fire besides the kind she conjures up."

"So we've got no magic, no fire, and no way of contacting anypony as soon as we set one hoof into the hive," Sunburst summed up. "Is anyone else starting to think this is a lost cause? We're in way over our heads here!"

Starlight stomped a hoof down! "No! We can't back out now! Chrysalis is going to use Flurry Heart to make all of Equestria surrender and submit to her rule. If we don't stop her and rescue the princesses now, there's no hope for any of Equestria."

"Besides, I'm not abandoning my mom!" Spike snorted! "If it takes everything I've got, I will save her!"

"Have you forgotten that I won't have any magic once we're in there?" Discord pointed out. "Magic is all we really had going for us."

But then Starlight Glimmer got an idea! "Which is why we need to destroy Chrysalis' throne! Without it, we'll all be free to use our magic and she won't stand a chance," She turned to Thorax. "Destroying the throne will restore our own magic, right?"

Thorax nodded. "Yeah, it should. I should be able to get us there, or at least get close."

Discord grumbled and nearly pulled his eyes out. "How are we even supposed to get there in the first place?"

"We can walk, dummy!" Trixie pointed out. "Or is a walking foreign concept to you?"

The chaos maker remarked. "It isn't. But when you're used to just teleporting wherever you want at the snap of a finger, you find walking to be very overrated."

Sunburst only replied. "Well too bad, we're walking! So you can either walk with us or leave, it's your choice."

Reluctantly, Discord agreed to join the others as they hesitantly began their long walk towards the changeling hive. Their rescue operation was about to get underway.

However, before anyone could take a single step, Starlight Glimmer spoke up! "Wait a minute!" And she quickly explained a rather nervous detail that had just come to her attention. "We don't know what it'll be like when we get inside, and we are dealing with changelings," After looking around she declared. "If we get separated for any reason, it might be a good idea to have a way to make sure we are who we say we are."

Discord smiled. "Oh, I get it, like a secret code or password! Great idea!" Then he began proposing ideas while walking back and forth. "We'll need something the changelings would never be able to come up with. How about if I say 'We are' and you all say 'Doomed'? Or you all say 'Rescue' and I say..." But before he could finish his sentence, his goat leg tripped over a rock and he stumbled to the ground.

Trixie smirked as an idea came to the front of her mind. "Trixie has one we'll never forget! How about if we say 'Klutzy' and you say 'draconequus'?"

Starlight smiled. "'Klutzy draconequus'? Works for me."

"Same here." Sunburst nodded in agreement, as did Spike.

And even Thorax offered his support for it. "I'll definitely be to able to remember it," He turned to Discord. "Sorry, looks like you're outvoted."

The draconequus frowned. He didn't like being on the receiving end of a joke. But there was little he could do about it. So he said nothing, he just slightly moaned unhappily.


The small group then made their way in silence through the outskirts of the hive, sneaking across the barren wasteland that was (thankfully) unoccupied.

At last, creeping around two lone changelings keeping watch over a small post, the ponies, dragon, changeling and draconequus all slipped inside through one of the holes. Now they were inside the hive itself, which consisted of nothing but caves, webbing and moss as far as the eye could see. And to make matters worse, the entrance through which they had crawled through sealed itself shut behind them.

"Okay, I am definitely glad you came with us," Trixie whispered to Thorax. "I don't think we'd be able to find our way without you."

"You definitely wouldn't," Thorax pointed out. "The hive shifts and changes just like we do. Entrances and exits change all the time so it's easy to get lost. Even I got lost every now and then, and we changelings are the only ones who can actually navigate it. It's total chaos for any non-changelings trying to find their way."

Discord wasn't so convinced. "Well, it's decent chaos. I don't know if I'd call it 'total'. Your world isn't flipped upside down and covered in chocolate milk rain," As he followed the others through the maze of caves and ever changing holes, he questioned to Starlight. "Are we sure that I'll get my magic back when we destroy this throne thingy?"

Starlight hesitantly replied. "If Thorax is right, then yes."

"And how are we supposed to destroy the throne assuming we find it?" Trixie questioned.

"Good question, actually," Sunburst pointed out as he then asked Starlight. "Got any ideas on how we'll destroy the throne? Anything at all?"

But the reformed unicorn confessed. "I haven't gotten that far yet. I don't even really wanna be in charge, this is mostly just me winging it."

Trixie frowned. "Well that's reassuring," Then she noticed Discord fumbling through her saddlebags and asked him. "And just what do you think you're doing, Discord?"

The chaos maker remarked. "Just checking to see if you brought any throne destroying tools along with these useless sideshow props of yours. Really, why did you bring them along? You think the changelings would be interested in a magic show from some magician they've never heard of?"

"Asks the lord of chaos," Trixie retorted. "Who can't even go for a walk without whining nonstop and making a fool of himself."

"Uh, guys?" Sunburst tried to call out, but he was ignored.

Discord only hissed back at Trixie. "Yes, but at least when the throne is destroyed, I'll be able to rip the very fabric of reality to save our friends, while you'll still be a self-absorbed, below-average illusionist!" He promptly pulled down Trixie's hat to throw it over her face.

The magician didn't take kindly to the chaos maker's insult, for she poked her head up from under her hat and snapped! "Self-absorbed?! You dare mock The Great and Powerful Trixie?! You take that back or Trixie will-"

"-Hey, hey!" Spike bitterly interrupted. "Now's not the time to fight amongst ourselves! We all want the same thing, don't we? This is just like when my friends became The Power Ponies, they had to learn had to work together instead of always fighting with each other. If we fight each other we're finished!"

"Thank you, Spike," Starlight breathed a sigh of relief and then scolded her two fighting friends. "Now will you two please cut it out?! I am just barely keeping it together as it is, and it would be wonderful if you two could help instead of bickering like foals!"

Trixie and Discord both muttered "Sorry" to each other but said nothing more. Starlight Glimmer took that as satisfaction that there would be no further arguments.

But just after the arguing had stopped, Starlight skidded to a halt along with Thorax. Sunburst was afraid of what that probably meant as he asked. "Uh, why did we stop?"

"I... think we're lost." Thorax admitted.

Starlight's eyes widened in horror! "What?! How can you be lost?! I thought you knew your way around this place, Thorax! You were the one I was relying on to get us to the throne! Spike's the only other one who isn't completely useless right now, and even he doesn't know this place."

The changeling sheepishly admitted. "I told you, this place shifts and changes. Even the paths don't stay the same. I'm doing the best I can. It's been a long time since I've been back in the hive, okay?"

Spike moved a claw to comfort the troubled changeling. "Hey, it's okay, no one's blaming you," And he sought to add. "I used to get lost in the castle I live in with Twilight all the time. Seriously, when every hallway looks the same it's a wonder you can ever find your way around. Just trying to find a bathroom or a kitchen is hard, it seems like every other door leads to a broom closet."

As Spike spoke it was possible to notice a faint blush forming on Starlight's cheeks.

Thorax sighed. "Well, that does make me feel a little bit better, I guess. Still, you all trusted me and once again I let everyone down."

"Believe me, I know what that feels like," Starlight sighed in agreement as she hung her head. "This is exactly why I didn't want to ever be a leader again. Trusting you was my big decision and look where it got us. Guess we won't be saving anypony after all."

Trixie grumbled and kicked at the ground with a hoof. "Great, just great. We might as well just sit here and wait for the changelings to soak up all of our love or whatever gross thing it is that they do," She shuddered and nearly gagged before looking to Thorax, hoping to find an answer to a question that had left her quite curious since encountering him just a short while ago. "How often do you all get hungry, anyway?"

Thorax turned his eyes towards Trixie and explained. "Actually, I haven't been hungry since I met Spike. Which is strange because changelings are always hungry. We can never get enough love. Only Chrysalis never seems to get hungry for some reason."

"Wait, so you aren't even a little bit hungry now?" Starlight Glimmer questioned.

Thorax shook his head. "Not that I've noticed. I guess once I made some friends, I just sort of forgot about the whole feeding thing. But I can still feel love."

Starlight then pondered. "Is that about the same time your wings changed?"

The changeling answered. "I... guess so. You don't think that's a coincidence, do you?"

But before anyone else could answer, Discord spoke up after yawning. "While I would love to just sit around chitchatting about feeding and not feeding, I have more important things to worry about," And he loudly proclaimed! "I came here to save a princess or two, and that's just what I'm going to do!" His voice echoed off the walls and seemed to carry through every corridor of the hive's interior.

Sunburst angrily spoke up in a hushed whisper! "Can you please lower your voice?! You're gonna get us all captured, you idiot!"

The draconequus dismissed the comment with a wave of his paw. "Oh, you say that, but I haven't seen an actual changeling since we got into this hive," And he boasted. "I bet when they heard I was coming, they all turned tail and ran back to their queen like a bunch of scaredy cats!"

Suddenly, however, the silence was replaced by the sound of frantic humming and buzzing. It was distant at first but it grew louder by the second!

"Uh, you all hear that, right?" Sunburst whimpered. "Tell me that's not what I think it is."

But Thorax only frantically replied. "It's a changeling patrol! We're doomed!" And he began to hyperventilate as Starlight tried desperately to calm him down.

Discord's earlier bravado and confidence left him as the chaos maker looked to the others. "This seems like one of those moments where we actually need a plan."

"What kind of plan?!" Trixie snapped! "And more importantly, who's had time to think of one?! In case you've forgotten, we don't have any magic, Spike's fire breath is useless and all I've got are my stage props!"

However, as Starlight Glimmer looked to Trixie's saddlebag, she seemed to get an idea. "Actually, Trixie, do you have any smoke bombs by any chance?"

"What do you need those for, Starlight?" Trixie inquired even as she dug into her saddlebag and retrieved the objects.

Starlight grinned. "Just a little 'misdirection'," And then she turned to Thorax and whispered to him. "Now here's what I want you to do."


It took the swarming changeling drones a little bit to zero in on the intruders they'd been alerted to. And that was all the time that was needed to set up a distraction.

Trixie was the only one still at the dead end when the changelings arrived. And she seemed rather confident as she just stood there, declaring with a smirk on her face. "Looking for somepony?" She then threw down a smoke bomb, which she used to cover up the fact that she was apparently teleporting.

"Come back here, intruder!" One of the changelings hissed!

"Catch Trixie if you can!" Trixie taunted as she then threw down another smoke bomb and declared. "Is that you all got?" She repeated the process several more times until she was able to give the swarm the slip.

Unknown to the changelings, it wasn't really Trixie they were chasing. The real Trixie was watching safely from a ledge a ways away.

Even Discord seemed impressed by the distraction and how well it was pulled off. "Not exactly 'Great and Powerful', but it is effective."

The real Trixie smiled. "From you, I'll take it." Then as she spoke the fake Trixie returned to the group.

Nervously, Starlight questioned. "Klutzy?"

And fortunately, the fake Trixie quickly replied. "Draconequus." Sharing a laugh with the real Trixie, Sunburst and even Spike as her disguise was dropped and she was revealed to have been Thorax all along.

Discord was still anything but amused by the password. "Do we still have use to that? I seriously think we need to come up with a better code word." He insisted with a whimper.

"We all agreed and you were the only one who spoke up against it," Sunburst protested. "If it works, it works. Now stop your grumbling. I swear, Flurry Heart whines less than you do and she's only a baby."

Thorax quickly shut down the complaint, instead turning to Starlight Glimmer as he told her. "That was a pretty good plan back there, actually."

Spike smiled and gave Starlight a pat on the back. "I'll say. I never would've thought of that. There might still be some leader material in you after all, Starlight."

"Just lucky, I guess." The unicorn sheepishly declared.

Sunburst then commented. "Well, luck or not, we still don't know where we're going."

However, Starlight spoke up. "Actually, we might. I noticed something when the changelings were chasing after Thorax," And she explained. "I saw two of them break off and not go with the others. And I doubt they knew Thorax was here."

Thorax buzzed his wings a bit as a bright smile formed on his face! "Of course, can't believe I didn't notice that myself! With an intruder in the hive, they went to protect the queen! So we just go where they go and we're sure to find her! Good thinking, Starlight! That's two for two so far."

Sunburst nodded. "I have to say, your plans are working out pretty well. Better than anything any of us could come up with."

Again, Starlight sheepishly shrunk from the spotlight. She was thoroughly convinced it was only a matter of luck that she'd made the right calls.


Regardless of how it had been discovered, a lead was still a lead. So the rag-tag rescue group followed it as best they could, venturing deeper and deeper into the hive. All the while, no one dared to speak a word for fear that they might be overheard.

Eventually, however, another obstacle presented itself to the hopeful rescuers. The way ahead was blocked by several changelings, some of which were even wearing some kind of blue armor around their heads. They all stood at the ready, looking almost like statues if not for the occasional blink or hiss.

"Great, just what we don't need!" Spike whispered as the group peered out from behind the cover of a rock. It was obvious that a diversion or distraction would be needed to get past the changelings standing guard.

"Well, now what? Any bright ideas?" Sunburst whispered as the group turned to discuss their next move.

Starlight firmly declared. "There's only one thing we can do, we'll have to get inside and get past them! And I'm afraid there's only one way we can do that, someone's going to need to be a distraction."

Trixie glumly stated. "Hate to tell you this but... fresh out of smoke bombs. Might have had more if they hadn't all gone off when I was woken up."

Thorax whimpered. "Don't think there's anything I can turn into that'll fool them. I'll freeze up for sure."

"All I've got is my claws and my tail, not much help on the distraction department." Spike admitted.

And Sunburst shrugged his hooves. "I feel like we came woefully unprepared for this."

"Well someone better think of something!" Starlight insisted as her eyes narrowed. "Otherwise, things could get ugly."

Discord reluctantly spoke up. "Normally, I'm the most distracting thing I can think of, but without magic..."

That was enough to give the unicorn with a grayish-purple coat an idea. "You shouldn't underestimate yourself, Discord," A grin began to break out across her face. "I heard about what you did during the last Grand Galloping Gala. Maybe that'll work again."

The chaos maker reluctantly agreed. "Fine, let's just hope this audience actually appreciates my jokes," And he was quick to add. "You owe me big for this!" Then he turned to Trixie and asked. "May I borrow a microphone? I know you have one."

"Knock yourself out." Trixie replied as she hoofed it over to the draconequus.

And so, microphone in hand, Discord stepped out to confront the changelings as he tapped on the microphone. "Hello? Is this thing on?" He asked but received no reply since the microphone was not plugged in. Fortunately, he was a master of improvisation as he merely pretended it was and went on talking. "Hello, changelings and changelettes! That's right, your eyes don't deceive you. Believe me, I was just as surprised as you are that I'm here!"

The changelings gazed at the intruder who'd dared to show himself, wondering just what his plan was. A few of them exchanged curious glances with one another. As a result, they didn't seem to notice as a few other creatures started to sneak towards them.

Discord kept on speaking into the microphone. "When I heard that I'd be playing for a bunch of changelings, I was beside myself! But then I realized, it was just one of you, so I had no reason to get all worked up."

All the changelings could offer in reply were annoyed hisses. But they didn't move an inch.

"But, seriously, this isn't the toughest crowd I've ever been in front of," Discord said with a nervous laugh as he suddenly felt like he was being put under a huge microscope. "But it's definitely the easiest to bug!" Again, he received no feedback aside from hisses and snarls. "'To bug'?" He repeated in hopes of a reply only to again be denied. He lost patience as a result, throwing down the microphone and gritting his teeth as he declared! "Seriously, you guys have the worst sense of humor! Kidnapping a baby isn't my idea of a good joke, it's way too easy. You might as well be taking candy from it. Can't Queen Cheeselegs come up with something more original?!"

That got a reaction all right! One of the changelings shouted! "He insulted our queen! Get him!"

"Uh-oh." Discord commented and than ran away, screaming at the top of his lungs as the changelings all chased after him! Fortunately, this gave his fellow rescuers the opening they needed to slip past the door that the changelings had been guarding.

Peering back out through said door, Trixie could only comment as she watched Discord try to shake off his pursuers. "It is absolutely ridiculous that that worked. For a creature of chaos, he has the worst sense of humor."

"Let's not talk bad about him behind his back," Spike protested. "We'll want him on our side when this is over."

Sunburst nodded. "He took one for the team. Even I can respect that. Seems he finally did something right."

As for Discord, he eventually managed to duck behind a wall as his changeling pursuers flew right by without looking. He wiped the sweat from his brows. "Oh, it's such a pleasure to have such dedicated fans," He said to himself as he began to head back to join the others. "I'll have to remember to come back here with some new material after this little 'rescue operation' is over. After all, no one makes a fool out of me and gets away with it!"

Yet just as the draconequus prepared to leave, he heard a familiar voice softly cry out. "Please, help!"

Discord gasped and raced right to the source of the cry, finding a familiar looking butter yellow coated pegasus mare with a light pink mane staring back at him. "Fluttershy!" He gasped! "I can't believe it! They got you too?!"

"Yes!" Fluttershy confessed as she whimpered. "I saw them take Twilight away, so they grabbed me too so I couldn't warn the others!" She looked down at her hooves that were covered in a sickly green goop, and the same goop covered her wings. "Help me out! I'm stuck!"

Discord smiled. "You certainly are, and I should rescue you," He leaned down to do just that. However, that was when something flashed in his mind as he declared. "But... oh-ho-ho-ho-ho..."

"But what?" Fluttershy sniffled in confusion.

The chaos maker adopted a knowing smile as he smugly and confidently declared. "But you are obviously not Fluttershy! Nice try, but you'll have to do better than that!"

"Oh." The fake Fluttershy commented as she realized she'd been had.

The witty draconequus could only go on bragging. "Do you think I'm that stupid? I wasn't born yesterday, I've been around long before your queen was ever hatched from... whatever ugly place it is she hatched. I mean, honestly, I'm separated from the group and just happen to come across the one pony I care most about? I can smell this setup a mile away," He turned to leave. "If that's the best you changelings can do, you're in a whole lot of trouble."

The fake Fluttershy's sniffles grew louder as she burst into tears and wailed audibly. "No. You're right. There's no way you should trust me. Just go find the others. I understand!"

"Oh come on! Crying?! Your crocodile tears won't fool me!" Discord snarled! Yet as he stepped out of the room he was surprised to find himself surrounded by Fluttershys! "W-what's this?!" He gasped in disbelief as his eyes looked everywhere and saw nothing but Fluttershys for miles.

All of the Fluttershys kept crying and sobbing, sniffling and saying through tears. "I'm the real Fluttershy."

Then the first fake Fluttershy seemed to smile with sadistic glee as she declared. "We're probably all changelings. You shouldn't rescue any of us. Yo should get out of here and get back to your friends. Unless, you think, maybe one of us might be the real Fluttershy after all. Ooh, now that would certainly be a nasty changeling trick to pull, wouldn't it? Can you afford to take the chance you're right, that we didn't get her too?"

"I... I..." Discord stuttered and tried to think of something, anything to say in protest. But nothing would come out as the Fluttershys surrounded him on all sides. Reluctantly, he realized what had happened. "What can I do? You have me."

"We most certainly do." The first fake Fluttershy grinned as the others all began to laugh in unison, delighted with the prospect of capturing the chaos maker.


Starlight Glimmer was waiting anxiously and nervously for Discord as she tapped a hoof to the ground repeatedly and bit her lip. "What's taking him so long?!" She questioned.

Thorax reluctantly spoke up in protest. "We can't wait for Discord any longer. Between seeing him and Trixie, the castle will be crawling with guards soon. We'll never get anywhere if that happens. We have to go, now!"

Starlight protested right back. "But don't you get it? If we do manage to destroy Chrysalis' throne, we'll need him. He could then take on the entire changeling army by sneezing if he wanted to. Besides, we can't just abandon him."

Trixie only grumbled. "He's probably already been captured. And I get the feeling he wouldn't want us to waste time if it were one of us that got captured instead. Sometimes, sacrifices have to be made. Better him than me."

And Spike added. "I don't like it any more than you do, Starlight, but Trixie's right this time. We can't let Discord's sacrifice be for nothing. Let's get going before we get captured too!"

But just then, Discord poked his head in through the door and said in an unusually cheerful tone. "Hello? Fellow rescuers? Sorry to keep you waiting."

"About time you showed up!" Sunburst remarked with narrowed eyes. "What is it with you and dramatic entrances?!"

Thorax added. "Sunburst is right. We can't stay here, we have to find the throne before the guards seal it off!"

Discord spoke up as his smile seemed to grow wider somehow! "Ooh, funny you should mention that! I heard some of the changelings chasing me say that they know where it is!"

Nervously, Sunburst inquired of the chaos maker. "Klutzy...?"

There was a brief period of silence as Discord didn't immediately respond or even wince upon hearing the comment. He just eventually stated in the same cheerful tone. "Oh. Yeah," He briefly chuckled. "I-I can be klutzy. Now follow me, please."

So they did, though Sunburst was quick to whisper the obvious to Starlight. "You know that's not the real Discord, right?"

Starlight nodded and whispered back. "Obviously. But we can't let the changelings know we're onto them."

A short time later, "Discord" led the rescuers right to a pathway that split off into two sections: One went to the left and the other to the right, and both involved passing through long, dark caves. He headed down the leftward path as he insisted to the others. "This way! We're almost there!"

"In a minute, Discord!" Thorax called and then urgently turned to the ponies and dragon accompanying him as he whispered. "I know this trick. It's one of the hive's best ways for dealing with intruders. If he says to go left, we should definitely go right. He's leading us to a swarm waiting to attack! We'll never be able to survive that without getting captured!"

Spike shuddered at the horrible image that conjured up. "Thanks for telling us about it. Let's just head down the other path and blow that impostor's cover."

But Thorax whimpered. "It won't be that easy. Someone will have to spring the impostor's trap. Otherwise, they'll just shift to the other tunnel and come after us! We won't stand a chance!"

Starlight Glimmer gulped. "Great! So now we have to sacrifice another group member! What else could go wrong today?!" And then she insisted. "Well, if that's what it takes, I'll do it. We can't lose you, Thorax."

However, Sunburst protested. "No, Starlight. Let me do it instead. The rest of you just run into the other tunnel and get as far away from here as you can! I'll.. be okay, I promise."

Starlight knew that wouldn't be true and began to hyperventilate a little as she all but cried! "Sunburst, I don't wanna lose you too! And neither do I wanna lose Spike or Trixie! All of you are way more valuable than me, I'm the reason there's an impostor among us to begin with. I should've never made Discord distract the changelings on his own, that was just begging for him to get captured!"

"Hey, fellow rescuers!" The impostor Discord called with his tone of voice not changing in the slightest. "Is everything okay back there? I thought we were on a time limit or something."

"We'll be there in a minute, Discord, promise," Sunburst called and then turned back to Starlight, looking her deep in the eyes. "You can't blame yourself for things that are beyond your control, Starlight. The fact is, I don't have your raw magical power or Trixie's skill with illusions. I also don't have Spike's fire breath and claws, or Discord's ability to warp reality. And Thorax is the only one who knows the hive and what we're up against. Like it or not, I'm the dead weight here. I'm expendable more or less. You aren't."

"Sunburst, don't say such things! Don't write yourself off!" Starlight desperately pleaded even as she saw him head towards the left tunnel! "You were the first friend I ever knew. I already thought I'd never see you again after you left me when we were foals. I don't want that to be the case again! Without you... I don't know what I'll do! I won't be able to control myself!"

Sunburst pulled Starlight close and hugged her tightly. "Starlight, please listen to me," He cleared his throat. "You got us this far when we had no plan and no magic. You don't need magic to figure out what to do next. I know you're afraid, scared even, to be in charge again. But the fact is, you're good at it. You're not the same horrible pony who once ruled with fear. So listen to your best friend, your childhood friend. You can do this! Just believe in yourself the way I believe in you! And whatever happens, don't look back! We'll see each other again, I'm sure of it." He then ended the hug and pulled something out of Trixie's saddlebag.

"Hey, what are you-?!" Trixie began to question.

"Just a little magic trick I always wanted to try," Sunburst declared before he raced into the left tunnel to confront the Discord impostor! He threw a magic handkerchief (colored red) over Discord's lion paw as he boldly declared. "Alright, you, whoever you are: The jig is up! Now tell me where your friends are and what you've done with the real Discord!" As soon as he finished speaking those words he heard the sound of hisses from above. "RUN!" He yelled to the others, all of whom obeyed without question!

Just like Thorax had said, a swarm of changelings was waiting inside the left tunnel as the fake Discord dropped his disguise! "You wanna see Discord so bad?" It taunted at Sunburst. "Well that can be arranged, for a price. Enjoy your last minute of freedom! From this point onward, you and all your pathetic friends are prisoners of the hive!"

"Don't count on it!" Sunburst shouted even as the changelings swarmed over him before he could even think of trying to escape.

Other changelings quickly pursued the other newly designated "enemies of the hive", forcing the group to separate even further: Starlight and Thorax went one way and Spike and Trixie went another.

Unfortunately for Trixie and Spike, they soon found themselves with nowhere to run and the changelings fast closing in on them!

"Well, I guess this is it! Sure was nice knowing you!" Trixie said to Spike as she braced for what seemed like certain capture.

But Spike just said with a glint in his eyes! "You might wanna stand back!" And without explaining himself further he took a deep breath. Fire shot out of him, creating almost a wall of flames to separate himself and Trixie as the changelings that had been pursuing them skidded to a halt. "That's right! You changelings hate fire, and I'm a fire breathing dragon!" Spike insisted. "As long as I can still draw a breath, you'll never catch me or Trixie!"

Meanwhile, Starlight and Thorax were unaware of this development, as they instead silently agreed to split off again, and then made their way even deeper into the hive.


At last, Starlight Glimmer rounded a bend and found herself in a dimly lit room within the hive. Towards the back rested a throne that appeared to have been carved out of a black stone. That had to be the throne Thorax had described! She had found the throne room! Then she looked up towards the ceiling, spotting numerous green cocoons that housed the likes of Discord, Sunburst, Twilight and even Flurry Heart. None of them could move or even speak.

The unicorn steadied herself, preparing to approach the throne in hopes of figuring out the best way to dismantle it.

But the mare had taken only a few steps when she heard an echoy voice cackle with glee, breaking the silence of the throne room. "One little pony all by herself," Nervously, Starlight looked up again and her eyes beheld a most frightening sight! Perched between two cocoons was none other than Queen Chrysalis herself, her head dangling upside down! "Oh dear, how will I ever prevent this daring rescue?" She declared with fake concern, right before several changelings descending and swarmed over Starlight as they bound her hooves to the floor with that sickly green goop.

Chrysalis made her way down to the ground a moment later after her head turned right side up. She smirked as she approached her latest captive. "Well, well, well. The Princess of Friendship's sole pupil. How sloppy of me to overlook you when I was planning my revenge. But be honest, did you really think you could stop me? I guess the princess didn't teach you how clever I can be. Oh well."

"You won't get away with this!" Starlight squirmed as she tried futilely to break free of that which kept her hooves bound to the floor.

Queen Chrysalis could only laugh and taunt. "Why not? You think you scare me? Well you don't! Your little rescue group was all you had. And now, there's just you. You will share your mentor's fate."

Starlight boldly replied. "You talk too much, you know that?" And then she insisted. "I may have failed, but there's still someone out there waiting to take you down! His name is Thorax!"

At that the evil queen coldly hissed. "Don't you dare mention that traitor's name in my presence, in my kingdom! He was a fool to leave and an even bigger fool to come back! If he was smart he would've stayed out and laid low! But now that he's here, it's only a matter of time until I capture him! And when I do he'll learn just what happens to those who betray the hive!"

Starlight whimpered in fright at the comment.

Chrysalis smirked as she saw something be reflected in her eyes with that whimper from the captive unicorn. Her horn began to light up with that sickly green glow as she taunted. "And it seems I won't have to far look, will I..." She quickly fired off a spell on Starlight, prompting a flash of magic that revealed that it was actually Thorax that was standing before the queen! "Thorax?!"

Thorax gulped even as he tried to bravely state. "I'm not afraid of you!"

"Not yet you aren't, traitor!" The queen hissed anew. "But you will be soon enough! You will be a fine example of what happens to those foolish enough to defy me!" However, she then became aware of a loud banging sound coming from behind her. She turned around and happened to see the real Starlight Glimmer frantically pounding away at the throne with a small rock.

Poor Starlight had no time to react before she was pulled away from the throne and brought before the changeling queen. "How very clever of you. I see Thorax tipped you off about my throne," She smirked as she threw the unicorn to the ground. "I very well can't have powerful ponies or creatures using their magic against me. You must think you're clever to have gotten this far, other would-be invaders have been lucky to even get inside."

"Your majesty," A changeling spoke up. "I just received word from the others: We subdued the magician and the dragon. The entire rebellion has been thwarted."

"Excellent!" Chrysalis cackled with fiendish glee and turned her attention to the unicorn before her. "You see, Starlight? Your little group was no match for me! Never was and never will be! And despite your attempts at 'meddling', everything is still going according to plan. Equestria will soon be mine!"

Starlight did the only thing she could think to do given her current situation. She ran despite knowing that there was nowhere to really run to! She still opted to hide, taking shelter in the rotted out stump of an old tree. "Why?" Was all she could bring herself to ask.

The changeling queen blinked in surprise. "'Why' what?"

"Why do this?" The unicorn with a grayish-purple coat questioned. "Is this really just because Twilight thwarted your plans to take over Canterlot years ago?"

Queen Chrysalis coldly hissed and pulled Starlight Glimmer close! "Oh no, that's just the icing on the cake! I really did this so I could feed, of course! Everypony will do as I command, and my subjects and I will feed on their love for generations! I have everything I need to make Equestria mine!" Then she laughed to herself, confident of her victory.

Yet while she ran and hid again (despite knowing she would be found sooner or later), Starlight's moderate persian blue eyes became drawn to Thorax. More specifically to the changeling's wings. Something seemed to click in her mind when she saw them again, remembering what Thorax had told her about when they'd first took on their current appearance. "But what if you didn't have to?"

The mere suggestion enraged the evil queen, causing her to yank Starlight out of her hiding spot! "Ridiculous! The hunger of the changelings can never be satisfied! You know nothing of the changelings or what it takes to be their leader," She proceeded to fling the unicorn hard into a wall as two changeling drones pinned her down. "I am the queen, I alone decide what is best for my subjects and not some mewling little grub like you!"

"What if you're wrong?" The unicorn inquired as she tried (and failed) to stand. "When Thorax escaped the hive and made it to Equestria, your actions made everypony fear him even when he'd done nothing wrong! If other changelings have the help or the courage to escape, what happens to them?! If the Crystal Empire could be hostile, what do you think the rest of Equestria will be like? All you're really doing is making it impossible for your subjects to have a better life. Just look at Thorax, he's better off now than he ever was before because he made friends."

Chrysalis rolled her eyes. "Don't you lecture me! Thorax was too weak and too scared to ever do what was needed, he was a pathetic soldier who always asked questions he didn't need to ask!"

"Is this how you treat your subjects?!" Starlight protested. "How do you know Thorax is the only one who's ever even thought about seeking a better life?" And to the changelings all around her she pleaded. "You don't have to listen to her. Thorax found a way to share love without having to feed on it. Now he's not hungry at all. Wouldn't it be better if you could spend your lives without starving all the time?"

The changeling queen stomped her hooves down. "What do you know about being a leader?!"

Starlight shook her head. "You obviously don't know me at all if that's what you think. I was once like you, Chrysalis," And she explained. "I thought I knew better than anypony, that I alone was fit to rule. But I was wrong. A good leader doesn't rule over their subjects with fear. A real leader doesn't force their subjects to deny who they are! They celebrate what makes them unique and listens when one of them finds a better way!"

"T-that's right!" Thorax stuttered! "Just because you can't feel love doesn't mean you should force the rest of us to live without it. Besides, maybe it's not too late for you. Maybe even a heart as black as yours can find love if you just let it into your heart!"

"Silence!" Chrysalis bellowed as she turned her full fury towards Thorax. "The only thing you've found is what happens to those who dare betray the hive! You will serve as a warning to others!"

"No! Stop!" Starlight Glimmer pleaded! "You're making a mistake!"

Chrysalis only replied by lighting up her horn and pulling Thorax close with that sickly green aura, all the while she began to open her mouth. "It's too late for you, it's too late for anyone!" She coldly explained. "Don't worry, Stalright. I'll let Thorax finish you off, just as soon as I drain every ounce of love he has and show my subjects what a real leader is! None will ever dare to defy me again!"

Sure enough, even as Thorax whimpered, groaned and struggled valiantly against Chrysalis, he wasn't able to stop a bright glow from seeping out of his body. "I... I can feel the love slipping away! I'm so close to its source, Flurry Heart's giving off more love than I've ever felt before! But I can't hold onto it!"

It was then that Starlight got an idea. "Then maybe it's you stopped holding back! Sharing is love what made you different to begin with, Thorax. If Chrysalis wants that love, let her have it, all of it! Share that love with her and give her a taste of her own medicine!"

So Thorax did, the light escaping from him glowing brighter by the second!

Chrysalis suddenly found herself overwhelmed! "It's too much!" She screamed right before she was flung backwards, crashing into her throne as it began to crack! "No," She weakly groaned as she tried to flap her wings, only to find that they had been robbed of lift. "This... can't... be..."

Suddenly, Thorax was enveloped in a cocoon of bright light. There was a sudden flash! And when it had faded, Thorax descended to the ground looking quite different. His body consisted mostly of a light lime green color, except for hints of orange around his chest (which was also the color of two big antlers on his head). On his back was a dark purple shell like object with traces of dark green underneath it, and to either side of him extended butterfly like wings a moderate blue violet in color. Around his neck hung a series of white, crystal like objects.

Starlight took advantage of the opportunity (and of her captors' momentary befudulment) to rise to her hooves. She trotted up to the transformed changeling as she nervously questioned him. "Thorax, is that you?"

Thorax stared at himself, his now moderate rose eyes taking in every inch of his new form in all its multi-color detail as a very light turquoise glow emanated from his antlers. "I... think so," Then he commented. "This is definitely gonna take some getting used to. But I like it. I feel so alive!"

Smiling, the unicorn turned to the other changelings while she gestured to Thorax and said. "Do you see now? This is what happens when you give love freely instead of taking it! Show Chrysalis what the changelings are really capable of!"

And so the changelings did, unleashing a massive wave of bright glowing magic as they transformed into varying shades of green, bluish-green and orange all the while their surrounding environment began to transform as well. It became much brighter and full of color, as well as filling up with fresh vegetation and plants.

Chrysalis had no time to react as the unleashing of love created an explosion that rocked the entire hive, shattering her throne completely!


With the changelings having more or less "changed" it wasn't long before all their previously cocooned "victims" were set free. Every member of Starlight's rescue group, including Sunburst (who she was greatly relieved to see again). And even the captive alicorn princesses: Flurry Heart and Twilight Sparkle.

Twilight quickly shook the cobwebs from her mind just as Spike happily ran up and embraced her in a hug! "Good to see you again, Spike!" She smiled. "I'm so happy you and Starlight came to rescue me."

"Oh, I'm just glad you're okay, Mom!" Spike happily exclaimed with tears in his eyes! "I thought I'd never see you again!"

Twilight lightly stroked Spike's scales to calm him down. "Well, thanks to Starlight that's no longer the case," She then trotted over to Starlight (meanwhile, Flurry Heart was fluttering over to Sunburst who happily reached out a hoof and pulled her close to him). "You've come a long way, Starlight. I didn't expect to be taken prisoner, but I guess it's a good thing you came back to Ponyville when you did."

Starlight Glimmer smiled somewhat nervously. "Y-yeah, I guess it is. And it looks like the changelings aren't going to be a threat anymore. I think Equestria just might have gained itself another ally. What do you think, Thorax?" She asked the changeling.

Thorax adopted a confused look for a moment. "Oh! I-I guess I'm the leader now..." He looked to the other changelings. "You're all okay with that, right? I suppose I could be a king... or, whatever." The changelings nodded back to him in agreement.

Meanwhile, Spike was pondering. "What about Chrysalis?" And he looked to Twilight with a nervous glance. "Think we've seen the last of her? That was a pretty big explosion."

The young alicorn could only shake her head and sigh. "She's survived worse, unfortunately. I doubt that blast was enough to do her in. I have a feeling she'll be back."

As if to prove Twilight's point, some rubble at the edge of a cliff began to stir. And from it emerged Chrysalis, slightly battered but otherwise unharmed! "Fools! You thought that would be enough to destroy me?!" She hissed! "I'm still alive!" But her defiant attitude didn't last long when she saw all the changelings had now turned on her, to say nothing of a very angry looking alicorn princess with her horn charged and at the ready. And that didn't even begin to account for the powerful unicorns or the presence of Discord, the lord of chaos now looking to get some payback.

"It's over for you, Chrysalis," Twilight declared to the defeated, now ex-queen. "Now the question is, how hard are you gonna make this for yourself? I suggest you come quietly, but one way or another you will be coming back to Equestria with me!"

"Never!" Chrysalis defiantly hissed! "I'll never go back with the likes of you!"

Twilight simply sighed. "I hate when I'm right. I had a feeling you wouldn't cooperate," She began to approach the former queen. "I guess some creatures just never learn."

Discord began to rub his paws together. "I am so gonna enjoy this!"

But Starlight shouted! "Wait!" And desperately lit up her horn! She then turned to Twilight and pleaded with her mentor. "Please, just give me a chance to talk to Chrysalis. I've been where she's been, and I think I know how to reach her."

"Well, I don't know..." Twilight began.

Starlight insisted to the alicorn. "Just one chance. If I'm wrong, you can drag her all the way back to Equestria kicking and screaming if you have to," Then she added. "You gave me a chance, the least you can do is let me give Chrysalis the same chance."

Twilight took one look at her student's eyes and could see the determination reflected in them. So she turned back to Chrysalis and told the changeling. "Consider this your lucky day, Chrysalis. My student is going to talk to you. And I'd listen very carefully to what she has to say," Then she warned. "And if you harm her in any way, I will make you regret it."

Satisfied that her request had been granted, the reformed unicorn approached Chrysalis and somberly stated. "When Twilight and her friends defeated me, I chose to run away and seek revenge! But you don't have to, it's not too late for you to escape my fate!" She pleaded before offering her hoof. "Please, take my hoof. Let me show you a better way. And this way, you can become the leader you were meant to be. The leader your subjects deserve rather than the one they may need right now."

Chrysalis looked back to Starlight Glimmer and then down at the ground. She briefly seemed to consider the unicorn's offer as she brought her hoof close. But as she did so she could see what had become of the changelings, and seeing their brightly colored state of appearance caused a frown on to form on her face. She then swatted Starlight's hoof away. "As if I'd let myself become like those hideous lifeforms! Why would I give up the only thing that makes me unique just because you say I can do better?"

"What?! No, that's not true at all!" Starlight protested. "Besides, isn't it what's on the inside and not the outside that counts most?! Isn't that better than letting yourself be consumed by hatred and revenge?!"

Chrysalis rolled her eyes. "You came here and poisoned the minds of my subjects, turning them against me! What good are your promises?!" Then she vowed. "Mark my words: There is no revenge you could ever conceive of that will come close to what I will exact upon you one day, Starlight Glimmer! You and Princess Twilight will pay dearly for your interference in my affairs!"

"No! Please, you're making a mistake!" Starlight desperately pleaded, only to be knocked back by a strong blast of sickly green magic from Chrysalis' horn!

"Starlight!" Twilight gasped and immediately rushed to her student's side to make sure she was okay!

Chrysalis, meanwhile, took advantage of the confusion to sink through the ground in a circle of sickly green flames. "So long, suckers!" And in the blink of an eye she vanished!

Discord tried to follow suit, snapping his talons and disappearing in a flash. But he returned shortly, looking quite exhausted. "It's no good! She's moving too fast! I can't keep up with her!"

"Then... she got away?!" Spike slowly realized in horror! "Man, that is one slippery bug."

Starlight began to look down at the ground in shame. "Why didn't she listen? I know I could've helped her."

"Not everyone can be saved or wants to be saved," Twilight informed her student. "It seems Chrysalis is too set in her ways to consider changing. But I doubt she'll try anything again anytime soon, not with Discord still wanting to get his revenge."

Thorax then spoke up. "If she ever comes near the hive again, I'll let you know. For now though," He blushed. "Uh, could you maybe consider leaving? It's gonna take a long time for us all to adjust to what's happened here."

Discord smiled. "A splendid idea if you ask me!" And then he eagerly proclaimed! "Now, how's about the rest of us head back to Ponyville?! I could really go for some celebratory tea at Fluttershy's!"

However, Starlight eyed the chaos maker and told him. "Actually, now that you've got your powers back and can send us wherever you like, could you maybe make two trips? One to the Crystal Empire to drop off Flurry Heart."

"And what about the other one?" Discord questioned.

The reformed unicorn smiled. "I have an idea in mind, if you're up for it."


Things were going quite well in Cutie Markless. Despite Starlight and Sunburst's abrupt exit the day before, everypony in the village was enjoying themselves enormously.

Suddenly, however, all were surprised to see not just Starlight Glimmer but also a bunch of other ponies (and even a baby dragon) in their midst. And also a creature the likes of which they'd never seen before.

Party Favor was the first to find the words and the courage to speak up. "Oh uh, hey, Starlight," He blinked in surprise. "What are you doing back here?"

Double Diamond spoke up. "You left in such a hurry before, we kinda thought you didn't wanna come. Did you change your mind?"

"You could say that," Starlight nodded before she explained. "I'm sorry about the way I acted yesterday. I know it must've seemed rude and concerning. But the thing is, I wasn't ready to be a leader again. Especially not for you ponies."

Night Glider blushed. "Yeah, sorry about that. We may have gone a tiny bit overboard. But we were just so happy to see you again."

"We hadn't heard from you in ages," Sugar Belle explained to her fellow unicorn. "We'd only heard occasional stories abut you. We wanted to show you how far we've come as a village since you left. And we really did need some extra hooves for some of our festival's activities."

"Yeah, I realize that now," Starlight acknowledged as she looked to her friends that had come with her. "I was afraid I might go back to being the pony I used to be if I was put in charge of anything again. I didn't realize I was still haunted by my past. But a recent experience has helped me to realize that I have changed. And sometimes, we have no choice but to step up and be a leader," She then offered. "So, I can still help out a little... if you want me to."

Double Diamond smiled, pulling Starlight close. "Of course we do, Starlight. After all, if it wasn't for you none of us would've ever met each other in the first place. So even at your worst, you did do something good."

The reformed unicorn smiled right back. "Yeah, I guess so. Life works in mysterious ways sometimes," And she chuckled. "By the way, I know it's sudden but I brought a couple of friends along. You already know Sunburst and Princess Twilight, but there's also Spike," She pointed to the baby dragon, and then to the hat and cape wearing unicorn beside her. "Trixie," And then she gestured to the mismatched creature standing taller than everyone else. "And Discord. I hope you'll get to know them like I've known them. Discord especially."

"Well, we might have to make some adjustments to handle the larger crowd." Party Favor spoke up.

Night Glider added. "But with you helping us out, Starlight, we can do it!"

"Good," Starlight happily sighed before asking. "Now where's the baking contest? This pony needs a cupcake right now!"

And as Starlight Glimmer trotted off, Spike looked to Twilight as he noticed the alicorn had tears in her eyes. "Are you okay, Twilight?" He asked her.

Twilight Sparkle nodded. "Yes, Spike. These are happy tears. Starlight has truly come a long way from the pony she once was. I don't think she's a mere student of friendship anymore. After all she's done, she has learned just as much about as I have."

"So, what does that mean for her studies?" Spike questioned with concern.

"That's a discussion for another time and place, Spike," Twilight replied. "For now, let's just let her enjoy herself. She's earned this victory."

Author's Note:

Yet again, I'm still open to suggestions on how to improve the "Previously On" recap in written format. I know I keep posting it, but I'm still always open to any feedback or suggestions since such a thing is hard to write.

I know I kept the changelings' new colors after they start sharing love, even though I personally think they didn't have to do that. But the redesigned hive does take the edge off the designs. I chose to have Thorax become king willingly, whereas in the original two parter he was more or less bestowed the title of leader by Princess Celestia without any of the other changelings being asked if that's what they wanted.

I knew I would have to change up some things by including Sunburst and Spike in the mix, though really the only big problems in the second part aside from the changelings' redesign is that it's never explained why the impostor Discord's trap must be sprung if they know it's there, and Chrysalis just escapes after rejecting Starlight's offer for redemption while all these powerful characters just stand there and let it happen. So I wanted to give them more weight and explain why they happen the way they do.

Friendship is Magic Parts 1 and 2
Secret of My Excess
MMMystery on the Friendship Express
Sleepless in Ponyville
Wonderbolts Academy
Amending Fences
Every Little Thing She Does (Redo)
The Apple's White Lie (Where The Apple Lies - Redo)
To Where and Back Again, Parts 1 and 2
Horse Play (Bonus Chapter)
Trixie's Last Stand (A Horse Shoe-In)