• Published 30th Jan 2022
  • 5,479 Views, 266 Comments

Starlight Glimmer's First Student: A "Human"?! - Clockwork2003



Starlight Glimmer finally graduates from Twilight's program, and is told to find a student of her own! Twilight recommends going to a new planet, inhabited by "He-you-mains". She tries to make a friend, but finds something more!

  • ...
33
 266
 5,479

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 26: Back to Starlight's Roots!

Noah:

“Noah, This Neighsay bastard’s got some nerve!” Starlight screams, as I am riding with her, back to our apartment to try and regroup. I certainly didn’t anticipate anything negative to happen during the opening ceremony of the School of Friendship! And for a pony to be the cause of this dilemma is absurd! Almost every single pony I’ve met so far is kind and wise beyond their years. What makes this unicorn any different?

Even though the weather is much calmer and sunnier than yesterday, there is a sense of melancholy and dread in the air; and it’s certainly not caused by the weather! My flying mount is quite upset with the current situation and is both exhibiting her frustration and trying to discover a path forward. I make sure to be extra gentle with Starlight’s reins while we are flying because I don’t want her to buck me off. When Starlight is upset, it shows, and everycreature around her feels the pain and anger she does.

Given that I am an extremely lucky human who not only befriended but is courting an alicorn deity of Justice, I have to play my cards very carefully. I want Starlight to feel comfortable in my presence, especially when things aren’t so peachy keen for everyone. I finally come up with something to say, and I pray that it will work.

Here goes nothing!

“I know he’s got nerve. We both agreed his values don’t align with ours, and I am more than happy to help you comb through every legal document needed to prepare Twilight for her testimony in the Bridle.” I say, somewhat reassuring Starlight that things will improve from here on out. She sighs, and banks slightly to the right; now that we are approaching our apartment.

“You have no idea how relieved I am to hear that, kid. Seriously.” Starlight says, beginning her final descent towards the apartment door. “Also, don’t fret that I wasn’t chatting with you while we rode home. I got a UniPhone call from Trixie, and she’s trying to write an official statement for both the Equestrian and human presses. Work call.” Starlight clears this up for me.

Flicking the reins slightly, Starlight descends, and with a gentle clip-clop of her hooves, lands at the front door of our home. With a swift, gentle motion, I quickly dismount Starlight. Just as I finished removing Starlight’s bridle, she grabs me with her wings and kisses me deeply. I was a bit surprised by this direct affectionate display. She is very passionate with this kiss, probing my mouth with her tongue. After a few awkward moments, she lets me go, and sighs.

“S…sorry about that. I just needed to vent my love for you right now. I need all hooves, er…hands on deck to help open my school. I thought putting everything aside and prioritizing my love for you for just a minute would-.”

I tap her nose lightly, making Starlight blush. I open the door of our apartment using a quick spell, and Starlight goes inside, as do I, following her lead. “The entire Equestrian legal code is on the top left shelf, Noah. But first…” She quickly teleports the two of us into her bedroom, and her eyes are giving off a sultry look.

“Give your marefriend some well-deserved love!” She asks, playfully pleading with me. Not wanting to upset Starlight at all, I quickly oblige, removing my shoes and pants, quickly launching myself onto her bed. Starlight chuckles at my enthusiasm, and quickly lunges forward in bed and wraps her front hooves around my shoulders. “Before we comb through the data, why don’t you just relax, huh?” Starlight says. I know where this is going! I quickly smile, and go in for my own kiss!

“Of course, milady. Let’s just keep this round of passion short. I need to look through stuff, too!” I chuckle. Starlight pushes me down onto the bed and playfully holds me in place with her front hooves, now that we’re done kissing.

She kisses me on the lips, and then on the cheek, and she kisses me lower and lower, until…

“Found it! Don’t worry. I’ve told you before, size doesn’t matter, it’s effort. Human males must have smaller ones than stallions. It’s the perfect size for me!” Starlight says, referring to something that separates the men from the boys…

And then, she pulls down my trousers with her magic, and…well…let’s just say that it was divine!

Sometime later…

A good ninety minutes have passed, and the two of us are in a cold sweat. So much for keeping it short… Starlight is curled up next to me, her mane acting like a pillow. We’re both totally winded from our hour and a half of passion, and trying to compose ourselves for the trying moments ahead of us. But…I could enjoy this cuddling for a bit more, can’t I? Starlight’s warm fur is comforting me, and knowing that there is a creature who loves me unconditionally is extremely reassuring.

Starlight wraps all four hooves around me and pulls me in for a tight, warm embrace. It’s a bit much, but I don’t particularly mind. I’ve never been much of a touchy-feely person, but I know that Starlight has attachment issues, so I need to let her deal with those on her own.

“Mhm…we should get up and start combing over the archives. I’ll Uniphone Twilight…” Starlight says, muffled by her head is buried in my chest. I gently squirm out underneath from Starlight and quickly put on my clothes from before.

“I think that’s a good idea. You said the legal codes are on the top shelf, right?” I ask, trying to remember what Starlight told me before we wasted the past ninety minutes. She sits up and nods. “Yes, top shelf. I’ll be there in a minute, Noah.” Starlight says, igniting her horn to UniPhone Twilight. Maybe she’ll call somepony else? All I know for sure is that I have to get cracking!

Making my way to the living room, I approach the rather large bookshelf, and spot the first volume of the Equestrian legal code. With a quick spell, I gravitate the book towards me, and I grab it. I quickly reorient myself to the sofa and sit down. I take a deep breath, and open the book to the first page…

***

Princess Luna:

It seems we have been out of the loop for quite some time, and no, this is not referring to the millennium of exile we endured! It didn’t occur to us in the slightest that Tia’s democratic reforms have this much influence on the individual mandate of a Princess. Twilight is a rather moderate pony, and really, if Chancellor Neighsay has any quarrels with anypony, it should really be with the newly crowned Starlight! Perhaps the Moon should bide her time before consulting with Twilight, as she seems to be rather distraught, and the last thing anypony should do is pour fuel onto a fire.

Thankfully, Tia had just finished parlaying with her prized pupil, and she noticed that we were currently available to speak to. She trots over to us and sits on a bridge chair, which is now available upon the event being abruptly canceled. “Hello, Luna. What’s on your mind?” Tia asks, eager to know what she can do to ensure her sister’s wellbeing. We need to think of a proper method of explaining how we feel to Tia.

The last time we told Tia how her sister truly felt, it led to our banishment for one thousand years. While she has been better at being a good listener, the hesitation remains within us to be forthcoming and honest. However, this situation is different. Not only do we potentially possess the means to solve a problem, but this issue affects not only our pony subjects but beings from another realm! It couldn’t possibly hurt to disclose our secrets at this juncture, right?

“Well…we didn’t anticipate or appreciate Chancellor Neighsay’s rather impromptu closure of Twilight’s school. Hay, even the other Elements of Harmony were up in hooves over it. ‘Tis really true the subjects of Appleloosa harbor such archaic views of Friendship?” We ask our elder sister. To be frank, we are not truly one to criticize somepony for this infraction, as we have over a millennium of culture to catch up on. Our views and even manner of speech are more befitting of Ancient Equestria than her current, more modern epoch. Thankfully, Tia and even Twilight have been rather candid with us, aiding in our progression. Celestia sighs, and nods; signaling we were correct in our assumption.

“Yes, Luna. They are. That doesn’t make them right, but they, like all ponies in Equestria, have the right to be heard in the Horseshoe, and Chancellor Neighsay is doing his civic duty by representing them. Be at ease, Luna. This issue will be solved in due time.” Celestia says, trying to be reassuring. There is just one tiny issue with this outlook: How can Tia be reassuring?! There are human children with special needs being overlooked over partisan politics!

“Tia, we’re ashamed of thee; truly! How can one be so objective and emotionless when vulnerable human children, who we assume aren’t loved or accepted by their own race, finally have an opportunity to learn Friendship, only for petty partisanship to infringe on their success!” Perhaps we are a bit too invested in this endeavor to be objective, but good things only get done when a pony cares about it!

Our rather direct and unprincesslike comment sets Tia back for a brief moment. She probably wasn’t anticipating us to truly care about these human pupils. The agent of the sun thinks pensively, before finally coming up with a reply, befitting her nature. “Luna, tell me. You’ve developed a liking for one of these humans, haven’t you?” How preposterous! We haven’t had any physical attractions towards these humans, unlike some other Princess we know who’d be content seeing the entire Canterlot nobility executed!

“Tia, how dare thee! We do not harbor any lustful feelings towards humans, and most of them are children, anyway! There are laws to prevent such abuses, and-” Celestia chuckles, and gently interrupts us, tapping our left wing with her golden white hoof. Now is not the time for jokes, Tia. When shalt thee learn the proper times for humor and nonsense? Within our lifetime, nay, probably not!

“Not like that, Luna. Come on! I mean in a maternal sense. Caring for their wellbeing, wishing for them to succeed in whatever they choose to pursue, and loving them unconditionally!” Oh, fiddlesticks! How foalish were we to assume that the only kind of affection is physical!

“Well, when thou hast explained the criteria properly, then aye, we do care for one human.” We reply. Celestia probably knows who we’re referring to, right?

“Let me guess, LuLu. You care for Starlight’s rider, right? What was the boy’s name…”

“Indeed. We relate to Noah deeply and wish for him to do whatever he desires. As thou hath explained earlier, we only love him like a mother would love her foal, I do not wish to cohabit with him!”

“I know, Luna, I know. Back to what I was trying to get at.” Our sister quickly changes tune and casts a spell. A medium-sized papyrus scroll is magicked, bearing the seal of the Two Sisters. This must be an old document, then! We love anything from the era of our youth! Her golden magic gently passes us the scroll, and it is placed in our lap.

“This is information that will be incredibly useful to our newest princess and her human “rider.” Since you are more acquainted with him than I am, I assume I can trust you to deliver this piece of information to them?”

In a normal situation, we would be appalled to perform such a menial chore not befitting a princess! However, the times right now are the furthest from normal, and our actions could have a lasting impact on policy for aeons. We are more than willing to deliver this parchment to Starlight Glimmer, the new, rather blunt monarch. “It would be our pleasure to deliver this scroll to those two, Tia. Many thanks!”

We get up from our chair, and tuck the scroll into our saddlebag. Just as we were about to spread our wings and take off, I feel a tap on my barrel, and it’s not from our sister. Who could it be, and why are they audacious enough to touch their Princess without permission?! We turn our head around to try and deduce the mysterious creature, and we see…

***

Maud Pie:

I feel like I’ve missed a lot, lately. I promised to help out with this Friendship school, but I wasn’t really called on yet. I get it. Ponies are busy. I’m not offended in the slightest. However, this seems like a perfect scenario for me to get involved, as if the Friendship School closes before it can even open, things could only go downhill from there!

“Sup, Luna.” I say, taking the moon princess by surprise. She is aghast at the informal manner in which I communicated with her, and was moments away from zapping me to smithereens, had Celestia not tapped Luna on the shoulder, advising her to hold her fire.

“She means well, Luna. Cease.” Celestia says, calming her sister down. “It’s true. I do mean well. I am part of Princess Starlight’s staff, actually.” Luna calms down and looks at me more carefully.

“Remind us who thou art, again? We’ve met many a creature in the past moon, so our memory is a bit overwhelmed.” Luna says, totally forgetting who I am. Again, not offended, I am a bland pony, who most ponies ignore. I got used to it.

“Well…do you know my sister, Pinkie Pie?” I ask, trying to find some common footing with the lunar deity. “Why yes, of course! She is the Element of Laughter, and the best party planner in all of Equestria!” I chuckle. I’m glad the Ponkster’s got a good reputation ahead of her. If only I can say the same…

“Well, I’m her sister Maud. Geologist extraordinaire, and one-time rock confidant of Starlight Glimmer. I was the pony who found her magic gem that removed Cutie Marks back in the day…but that’s behind me. I want Starlight to do well. I assume you do, too. You’re heading her way, right?” I ask, Luna quickly nodding that she is, indeed heading to Glimmer’s house.

“Truth be told, we do not know how to navigate properly to her domicile. Can thou act as our guide?” Luna asks me, a bit puzzled. I’m not a good navigator unless you count mines, quarries, or anything geological. That doesn’t mean I don’t know where Starlight’s flat is. Besides, Luna asked me, it would be idiotic to refuse a request of a Princess.

“Eh, why not. Just don’t fly. Got it?” I ask, trying to level the playing field. Luna nods again. “We shalt travel like an Earth Pony for thine convenience,” Luna says, waiting for me to begin leading the way to Starlight’s apartment. Celestia waves goodbye, and takes off, leaving me and Luna to our own devices.

This is actually kind of cool! I was entrusted with escorting Princess Luna somewhere. I’d wager not many ponies receive this honor, so I am going to try and enjoy every single moment. Turning right, I begin my trek toward Starlight’s apartment, and Princess Luna follows my every hoofstep. She seems to have something on her mind, and I am a bit nosy. Might as well ask what’s up!

“Princess Luna, quick question: What was the scroll that Celestia gave you? Is it something important, potentially related to rocks, even?” I ask, being somewhat playful. Luna sighs, and shrugs her shoulders.

“Truth be told, Maud Pie, we haven’t even unsealed the scroll. We determined that waiting for Starlight to make a decision regarding this information would be proper at this juncture, since testifying before a Bridle committee is quite daunting! ‘Tis not something we’d recommend to anypony!” Luna quickly replies.

Testifying in the Bridle, huh? This day’s getting crazier and crazier. Starlight’s been through Tartarus and back, so I am sure she can handle whatever shenanigans this Chancellor Neighsay will throw at her. After another fifteen minutes of trotting, we finally arrive at the apartment complex where she lives. The auburn bricks reflect off sunlight, and I carefully lead Princess Luna up the metal staircase to Starlight’s apartment.

“Maud, pray tell why a crowned monarch would elect to live in penury?! This is one of the poorer sections of Ponyville, if we recall correctly!” Luna asks, somewhat horrified at Starlight’s decision to live in a rent-controlled flat.

“Luna, I don’t know what the hay runs through that mare’s mind, but I’d wager it has something to do with her politics. She wants to relate to the ponies she is entrusted to rule, so she lives like them.” I reply, finally approaching Starlight’s apartment. Luna is right behind me, and I knock on the door.

“Glimmer, it’s Maud. Open up! I brought Luna, too! We’re here to help!” I say, hoping that Starlight will hear us arrive. Maybe she’s busy? Nah, that’s not like her. The door quickly gets enveloped in her signature magical hue, and it opens, inviting me and Princess Luna inside. Starlight and her human rider, Noah, (I think that’s his name?) are both fully immersed in massive books, and I was a bit surprised to see that even Twilight was here. Luna is relieved to see her fellow princesses, and quickly glides over to embrace them.

“Hey, Luna. You here for the cramming?” Twilight says, joking around with Luna. Luna, on the other hoof, is not amused and quickly takes out the parchment scroll, sealed with the emblem of the Two Sisters. Not being one to be left out, I trot over to the mauve faux-leather sofa, and sit down, eyeing the giant legal codices that Noah and Starlight are reading.

Starlight Glimmer is crazy. She’s going through some twenty-five pages a second, and is seemingly grasping all of the dense legal jargon with ease! Her rider ain’t too far behind her, going through some twenty pages per second; although I’d assume that’s because his magic isn’t as advanced as his pony paramour. The real question remains: Where’s Trixie? Twilight notices me, and waves.

“Hey, Maud! In case you were wondering, I dropped off Rebecca at my castle, and she’s managing the PR nightmare that Neighsay started. She’s giving a press conference now, actually. I think Trixie, Lyra, and Bon Bon are on their way here. I did UniPhone Lyra and Trixie to come here, posthaste for a Friendship School Staff Study Session!” Twilight says cheerfully, catching us all up on the plan. I turn my head around and see three ponies on their way here. Must be them, I do see the blue, green, and yellow hues on their bodies!

Starlight chuckles at this. “We’re having a full staff meeting, and I’m back to my roots with political activism. Isn’t this fun?!” She asks Noah, who hugs the mare sitting next to him. She gives him a side hug with her right wing, and Twilight and Luna both chuckle.

“How pleasant to see this human boy not only befriend but court, a pony.” Luna chuckles, opening the door for Lyra, Trixie, and Bon Bon. The whole gang’s here, and we’re going to cram for Twilight! We have to open this School of Friendship, not only for the nonpony students but for the humans, too!

“Hi, everypony!” Bon Bon says, waving to everycreature in the room. Twilight waves, but is very serious.

“No time for pleasantries now, Bon Bon. You three should get cracking! We’ve got some studying to do!” Twilight says, eager to continue. Let’s save the School!

PreviousChapters Next