• Published 27th Feb 2022
  • 483 Views, 6 Comments

Sisters' Reunion - StormLuna



Ten years have passed since the death of Sonata Dusk and her sisters are living productive lives as unicorns in Equestria. When that ten year anniversary comes along, the most unlikely pony wants to find a way to revive her and bring her home.

  • ...
3
 6
 483

Celestia's Surprise

While Adagio was being reunited with Sonata, Celestia was having a discussion with Sunset and Twilight. Out of the two Sunset was the least thrilled to see her. She gave her the same glare she did the day she was brought back to Equestria, "What do you want?"

Unlike she was the last time they saw one another, Celestia was not upset by her behavior as she was expecting it. She sighed, "Look, I came down here with Aria and Colgate because Adagio isn't the only one to be reunited with one she cares about."

Sunset was frustrated because it seemed like Celestia was speaking in riddles but Twilight was more curious, "Celestia, what are you talking about? Did you bring her parents here or what?"

Sunset added, "If that is the case then just go. I have no desire to have anything to do with them."

Celestia sighed, "No I didn't bring your parents but I want both of you to step back and close your eyes, I have a huge surprise for both of you."

The two stepped back and closed their eyes. Celestia went outside, grabbed the crates in her aura and as she began to head up towards Twilight's chambers she ordered, "Keep your eyes shut, I'll be down to get you shortly."

Once Celestia got out of earshot the two opened their eyes and were very curious. Sunset asked, "Twilight, what do you think she is up to? Why did she go upstairs, why does she want us keeping our eyes shut and what do you think she is doing up there?"

Twilight replied, "I'm not sure but she seems to be a bit secretive but not in a bad way, it seems almost like she has something with her that will make us both happy."

Sunset sighed, "I don't know what that could be unless she has some sort of amulet that would allow us to travel between dimensions."


While Twilight and Sunset were wondering what Celestia was up to, she was up in Twilight's chambers. She first removed the mirror from its crate and got it set up. She then began to remove all of Twilight's equipment from the other crate that made it work and began to hook it up. She let out a sigh as deep down this was something that she wasn't completely happy over, using it to retrieve the remains of Sonata was one thing but knowing that Twilight would be using it for menial and insignificant reasons was another.

Once she got it fully set up, she set the crates off to the side and headed to the entrance. She turned back and noticed that it looked the same as it did on the day she destroyed it. She gave a slight smile to the ancient relic and headed back downstairs. When she got downstairs she noticed that the two did not have their eyes closed and were discussing her behavior but did not say anything.

"Twilight, Sunset, follow me."

The two began to follow her as she headed back towards Twilight's chambers. As they neared their destination she again ordered, "Now close your eyes again, I want this to be a surprise."

The two again closed their eyes as Celestia guided them into Twilight's chambers. She then said, "Ok, you can open them....SURPRISE!"

When the two opened their eyes they could hardly believe what was standing before them. There, in front of them, was the mirror to the human world along with all of Twilight's equipment hooked up to it. Twilight's jaw dropped open, "It can't be!"

Sunset was in even more shock, "But how, you destroyed the mirror when you forced me and Adagio to come back to Equestria."

Celestia gave the two a smile, "I repaired it around a year or so ago because I had this feeling I might need it and as it turned out, I did need it so Aria could right her wrongs."

Bringing up Aria and her wrongs shocked Sunset, "Wait a minute, what do you mean by Aria righting her wrongs? How could she possibly right the wrongs of killing a guy and driving her sister to suicide?"

Celestia replied, "You see, I know resurrection spells so what I did was cast spells on her and Colgate to where they could go through the mirror, remain unicorns and then bring their remains back. Once they did that, I revived them and as we speak, Adagio is being reunited with Sonata and Storm."

Twilight asked, "So you're saying that had Aria not wanted to have her sister back that you wouldn't have wanted to right your wrong?"

This was something that Celestia knew would likely anger both Twilight and Sunset but knew she had to be honest, "That is right Twilight, had Aria not wanted to use it to have her sister back, none of this would have even crossed my mind. It would have remained locked up in Canterlot tower until the time came that I figured would be a good time to use it."

Twilight snapped, "So you only thought about me because of Aria Blaze, because of a siren who brainwashed ponies....."

Sunset nudged her and suggested, "Twilight, how about we just be happy that Celestia fixed it and is giving it back to you. We can't change the past, only determine our own future."

Celestia gave Sunset a smile, "Thanks Sunset." She paused for a moment before adding, "So what are your plans now? Do you plan on returning to the human world?"

This was a tough decision for Sunset. She was upset when she was pretty much forced to return to Equestria but over the past 9 plus years Sunset had grown to love Equestria. She had grown even closer with her pony friends than she did her human friends and there was also one other she had grown close to and that individual's path would weigh heavily on her decision.

She replied, "I honestly don't know. I love my friends in the human world but I've adjusted to Equestria, I love my friends here and well...." she began to blush, "I wonder if Adagio would want to go back to the human world?"

Both princesses got huge smiles on her face as Twilight snickered, "Sunset, do you have a crush on Adagio?"

Sunset's blush deepened, "Uh maybe!"

Twilight commented, "Well I guess you'll have to talk to her but given that they're all back together now, I know what her sisters want will weigh heavily on her decision."

Celestia added, "And I know Aria well enough to know that she won't want to return to the human world and with the spell I had to cast on her to retrieve Sonata's remains, she'd wind up remaining a unicorn anyway."

Twilight asked, "Seriously? Why did you have to cast some sort of spell on her like that?"

Celestia went into detail with the two on the nature of the spell and why it had to be done so both Aria and Colgate could retrieve their remains, "Look, her and Colgate couldn't have retrieved those remains without magic and Sunset, you know as well as I do that Aria despises the human world."

Sunset sighed, "That is true but could we go down so I can talk to Adagio about this? Besides, with the looks she gives me I think she might have a crush on me too."

Twilight giggled, "Oooh, is my friend going to maybe be off the market?"

Sunset blushed, "Maybe!"

Celestia then suggested that they go down and talk to everypony else about the situation that was going on. Celestia could tell that Sunset was torn yet was shocked that Adagio would wind up being the one to influence her decision. She knew right then and there though that the selfish Sunset she knew from so long ago was long gone. What she saw now was a Sunset that she would be more than happy to make her protege again.