• Published 16th Sep 2012
  • 899 Views, 10 Comments

Angelswift II: The Awakening - Nevel



A group of ponies find themselves in a abandoned building, which has a terrible secret.

  • ...
0
 10
 899

Prologue

The sun descended slowly behind the Everfree Forest, casting a shadow over Ponyville. A single grey pegasus flew down from above the rooftops and landed on a grass covered path. She began heading towards a single house that was hidden under the shadow of the Everfree Forest. The ponies of Ponyville once believed that this house was haunted and cursed by the creatures in the forest, but all that had changed now. The front of the house was beautifully decorated. The front garden was surrounded by a small white fence with flowers lining the pathway to the front door and looked just as nice as any other home in Ponyville. The blonde haired pegasus trotted through the gate and reached the front door of the house.

She could hear shouts of laughter coming from inside. Curious, she looked through the window wondering what was going on. A small pink filly with a blonde mane was running circles around a table in the kitchen being chased by a larger pink pony with cotton candy pink hair, who was also being chased by a small white rabbit. An odd scene if the pegasus had ever seen one.

The grey mare knocked on the door with a single hoof. The laughter died down immediately. After a moment, the door opened slowly and there in the doorway stood an ivory colour coated earth pony with short light blue hair. His worried expression relaxed as he looked at the mare on his doorstep.

“Oh, it’s you.”

- - -

Lance Angelswift couldn’t be happier. His little sister, Cherry Blossom, had found her cutiemark, a single white Calla Lilly because of her talent with growing flowers. She was doing well in school, they had their own business, she had her best friends, and he could spend all his free time with her. Lance himself also had made some great friends. Pinkie Pie was currently chasing his sister, around the house, who was also being chased around Angel Bunny, Fluttershy’s pet rabbit. Although, if you were to say that he’s a pet, you might regret it. That animal is anything but cute when it gets mad. Then there’s Fluttershy herself. Calm, shy, quiet. Lance was currently sitting with her on the sofa, and although she didn’t like to talk much, she was always happy to listen.

Lance was talking about how much hard work Cherry was putting into their business. Her talent in the garden was remarkable. There wasn’t a flower she couldn’t help to grow to its fullest and keep it healthy long after it was dug up from the ground. A sudden knock on the door brought Lance to a stop, mid-sentence. The laughter from Cherry also stopped. A second later she was running into the living room, followed closely by Pinkie and Angel. The latter of which jumped onto the sofa, next to Fluttershy. Cherry moved to stand beside her brother while looking towards the front door, a worried expression on her face. They weren’t expecting more visitors tonight.

“Stay here.” Lance whispered to her.

He stepped out into the hall and reached for the door. He wished silently for it to not be him. The pony who ruined their lives and they had to escape from. He couldn’t have found them. Could he? Slowly the ivory coloured pony opened the door and was greeted by the familiar face of his friend. Lance breathed a sigh of relief.

“Oh, it’s you.” Lance smiled at the grey mare. “Derpy, how are you?”

“I’m fine, I brought you a letter.” She reached back into her mailbag and pulled out a single letter using her mouth. Lance took the letter in his and then placed it on the small table by the door.

“Thank you. But it’s very late. Shouldn’t you have finished deliveries hours ago?” Lance asked her. Derpy looked at Lance. Well, one eye did. The other seemed fascinated by the roof or something.

“Yeah, but I lost my bag earlier, couldn’t find it.” She admitted, slightly embarrassed.

“Oh. Well, at least you found it.”

“Yeah, it was on my back the whole time. Always the last place you look, huh?” Derpy gave a small laugh, and Lance had to force himself to laugh with her. “Well, I have to go now, bye bye!” She gave a friendly wave and then turned to fly away.

“Goodbye, have a safe flight.” Lance called out as she took off. “And watch out for those weather vanes!” Lance shook his head laughing to himself and then turned to the letter on the table.

Lance was afraid that tonight it was going to be their father at the door. But then again, he was always afraid of that. He and Cherry had run away from home after their father had attempted to hit Cherry. Lance had tackled their father and knocked him out. They both fled to Ponyville to get away from him and had always been afraid that their father would track them down. Lance opened the letter and began reading it.

They didn’t have to be afraid any longer.