• Published 28th Jan 2022
  • 2,302 Views, 49 Comments

THE GAMER - SleepyBear

  • ...
5
 49
 2,302

Hello World Part 3

I was starting to question a lot of things as time passed. But mainly, I was questioning if this was a dream after all.

I mean, for hours, I'd walked and flew aimlessly across the land. By the way, yes, flying is awesome and I will never get tired of it.

Anyway, here I was, still on this endless plain of black, cracked earth, threaded with burnt rocks and the skeletons of dead animals as far as the eye could see. And that was all I could see.

Heck, even the sky went with the theme, looking like something out of an apocalyptic setting, with gray and black clouds covering the entire sky as far as my eyes could see.

It was just, gray, black, gray, black, and occasionally a lighter shade of gray or darker shade of black. I don’t even know how that last part makes sense, maybe I’m just going crazy.

"Maybe this is how dreams work?" I muttered, trying to rationalize what was happening and not being particularly successful at it, while also praying that I would see some other color other than gray or black.

Though funny enough, I was surprisingly calm about my whole situation….mostly anyway, still probably going a little insane.

Sighing, I decided to try and take up to the skies once again.

Which had proved so far to be unexpectedly easy. If I had to describe it, kind of like a mix of walking on air with a little invisible rock climbing, only you don’t have to actually grab anything. Curiously enough, I had no wings, so I had no idea how my flying business worked exactly, but who was I to question the logic of a dream? And if I really needed to I could just bullshit it and say it’s magic.

"Really wishing I could fly a little higher though," I mused. Yeah, turns out the limitations of the spell proved to be a minor setback, especially here, where being one hundred meters off the ground was basically the same as being in the ground because everything still looked freaking the same.

Taking a deep breath, I looked around, catching sight of a large volcano in the distance, the one place I had yet to explore.

When I first got here I didn't want to wake up, and a volcano looked like a place that would force that event to happen. You know, like falling in a dream, and waking up before you hit the ground.

But, seeing how I had been here for quite some time without doing anything but stare at the burnt ground like a mindless baboon, I might as well see what's up. If anything it’d be a change of scenery and some actual color for a change.

Measuring the distance to the volcano by sight, I guessed that it would take me at the very least several hours to reach the foothills. Thankfully, flying didn't seem to tire me, so it was time to flap my non-existent wings and venture into the unknown.

As I started flying towards the volcano as fast as my skill would allow, I again contemplated the frankly insane situation I was in.

But before I could dwell in thought for much longer, a deafening crash behind me shattered my train of thought violently fast.

Shocked, and confused as to what was going on, I twirled around, gaping in disbelief staring at the crater that had formed upon impact, as the earth trembled violently around it, huge cracks expanding out the crater like veins.

A loud and powerful roar erupted from the dust the sudden hit had created, forcing the earth around the crater to collapse in on itself as fire engulfed the nearby vicinity.

From the fire that now engulfed the crater a dragon rose, one that was very different from me. Limbs and tail ablaze with red flames, the dragon looked at me like I was a worm not worthy of his time.

The dragon in question was huge, very huge, at the very least a hundred feet tall and that was a measure just by the eye. Unlike me, the dragon seemed to be more western-inspired, which means he actually had visible wings all covered in blood-red scales and an orange underbelly.

The beast sighed almost in annoyance tilting its head, as a far-too-wide grin spread across its face, baring hundreds of razor-sharp teeth at me.

Oh goodie, first bit of color I see in this world and it’s something that’ll likely use me for dental floss.

“Fuck,” I muttered. Because at that very moment, I knew I was fucked. Just by sheer size alone fighting and outflying him wasn’t an option. The only solace I could take was that at least by dream standards this didn’t completely suck...

“FOUND YOU!” The dragon's voice echoed triumphantly across the area, as he pointed his massive claw at me.

“Me?” I asked meekly.

“No, the rock behind you…” The dragon deadpanned. “Of course you! Where do you think you are going, young hatchling!?

I blinked, “Somewhere?” I answered with a shrug, silently hoping this would be resolved peacefully.

“Yeah, back to the safe land,” The dragon snorted rolling his eyes, grabbing me by the neck like a fucking cat with one of his claws, something I found quite humiliating. But, he was a massive fire-breathing lizard who towered over me, so, I could overlook a thing or two, for the sake of survival.

Great, now I’m taking this like it’s all real, I must be going crazy, or sane…or both? What, I’d rather not risk it anyways. Besides, it wasn’t like I would fight the massive dragon if it was a dream, one tends to run in nightmares.

At least the massive beast was being civil for the moment.

“I can’t believe some younglings, traveling so far without a care for the world, in my days you had to ask the Dragon Lord for permission, now those were the good days!”

Oh great, the massive dragon is the -in my days- kind of guy. Well, it’s settled, this is not a dream, it’s a nightmare.

Wait, if this a nightmare or reality… God, I will need therapy after I find what is what. Anywho, if this nightmare or reality gave me the powers of the gamer, that means I can inspect the guy.

Observe was it?

Observe,” I thought, and nothing, maybe I just had to look at the Kaiju carrying me to unlock that?

With that thought in mind, I lifted my head toward the dragon in question as he flew across the land, only to notice he had a name hovering above his head. I had to squint in order to pick it out since his head and neck were about ten stories high and the text was pretty small.

Trok LV ???

Well, that ain’t helpful. Yup, I’m boned…or dream boned I guess.

Comments ( 13 )

Just started reading, not bad so far.

11139876
Thanks, fixed the error!

I'm really loving this story, keep up the good work.

good job starting to shape out

11141653
I put them on discord, then I click them, and when in the browser I inspect them, and copy the image link.

Haven't heard anything in a while, hope you're doing okay :)

hope this story doesn't die my friend, i really love the dialoge and plot development going on right now.

Isso e bom continue por favor.

You ever considered saying map and try it. You got the power of the gamer consider making up a system like map or shop but all com prices to balance the system for map prices whell you need to ask the citizens for map or ask where you are to add it to your map then the shop/store every thing or no you know item is their but you need money and coins the prices is dependent on value of the item. Money or coins thing of system mob drop loots, money, coins and rare items.

11142113
Hope you're doing well, haven't heard much from this story.

Massive thanks for this tip, as well. Its helped me loads with my own story

Interesting story so far, would like to see where it goes from here.

Login or register to comment