• Published 16th Jan 2022
  • 1,000 Views, 263 Comments

Bad Dragon's Short Stories - Bad Dragon



Got a minute? It will take you even less to read one of these unrelated short stories designed for instant reader’s gratification.

  • ...
39
 263
 1,000

PreviousChapters Next
02 - What Have You done‽ [2018.07]

“And here is where they mine crystals,” Cheerilee said as the class passed the mine.

A tall stallion approached. “We’re blasting a tunnel about three hours from now. You best not be around when that happens.”

“I know the schedule, mister miner,” she said. “Our tour will be already over by that time.”

“Okay, just letting you know. We might actually postpone it. The charges are still being set up. We’re way behind the schedule.”

“Why must school be so boring!” Sweetie Belle sighed.

“Remember what Twilight said,” Apple Bloom tried to cheer up her friend. “Studying is all about motivation. The more you have it, the more and faster you’ll learn.”

“I have zero motivation, so this obviously doesn’t apply to me,” Scootaloo broke out of formation and entered the cave.

“Hey, wait for me!” Sweetie Belle ran after him. “I have zero motivation, too.”

“Hey, you shouldn’t go in there!” Apple Bloom screeched but followed after her friends.

Scootaloo ran past her in the opposite direction, toward the exit.

Apple Bloom looked further into the tunnel to see what scared her friend. She saw Sweetie Belle with a raised hoof above the lever. “What are you...”

Sweetie Belle smiled at her, “Do I think I’ll get a miner cutie mark if I push down this lever?” She stepped on it.

A loud explosion echoed through the tunnels.

“There were ponies in there!” Apple Bloom stuttered from a fetal position. “What were you thinking?”

Sweetie Belle yelped and shuffled a hoof on the ground. A tear drifted down her cheek as a skull appeared on her flank.

Author's Note:

This story took part in 2018.07 writing competition.

PreviousChapters Next