• Published 16th Jan 2022
  • 1,005 Views, 263 Comments

Bad Dragon's Short Stories - Bad Dragon



Got a minute? It will take you even less to read one of these unrelated short stories designed for instant reader’s gratification.

  • ...
39
 263
 1,005

PreviousChapters Next
17 - Giving Up on Magic Was the Only Way [2021.11]

“This is very perplexing,” the lead scientist said to his assistant.

“Tell me about it...” She sighed, scratching her head. “The laws of physics in this subspace must be way different than in this universe. First, we pulled out the sort of particle that could break matter. Then one that could defy gravity. The third one could affect matter at a distance. This last particle is a pure paradox. It has the feature of all three.”

“Given this new information, we need to test a lot more particles to get to the bottom of this… ‘magic’, even if we have to hijack all the particles from the subspace along with their underlying principles that connect them. Good thing we caught this Twilight particle. If it wasn’t for that, we’d probably stick with the first working hypothesis and would have cut off the subspace interference by now.”

Author's Note:

This story participated in the 2021.11. writing competition.

PreviousChapters Next